Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: You are a Nascent Minor Deity (SG)  (Read 8492 times)

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Nascent Minor Deity (SG)
« on: July 26, 2019, 11:44:18 pm »

You are a minor deity, a newborn god, (or goddess) with little power of narrow focus. Compared to more mature deities, ancient monsters, and even particularly mighty demigods, you are weak and insignificant, though you are still divine, thus, you are spared the ravages of time and all but the most legendary mortals are as nothing before you. Despite your divinity, among the deities of the multiverse, you're the equivalent of a pauper on the fringes of an empire encompassing the entirety of the world and have much work to do if you hope to improve your standing.

You have in your possession a small and humble pocket dimension, wherein your power is nigh absolute, and a single Mantle of your choice: both an aspect of yourself and an area of reality you have power over. For example, a god of axes and fire is likely to have the Mantle of Axes and Fire. The more focused and specific a Mantle, the more power is endowed, and the less versatility in use. Mantles are not mutually exclusive nor are they singular, there is nothing preventing a goddesses from holding the Mantles of Love and Hate simultaneously, and there are a great many gods of Earth. New Mantles are primarily gained through deicide and cannibalism, trade between deities, or as a gift in exchange for a sufficient favor. A Mantle can also be gained or lost depending on the way mortals perceive you, and it is for this reason a great many myths proliferate the multiverse.

Being a deity, your power extends primarily from the worldly prevalence and influence of your Mantles, though the reverence and devotion of mortals unto you also bolsters your strength. Power can also be gained through deicide and cannibalism, the attainment of divine artifacts, and the generosity of an entity of sufficient power, among other means.

There is no set goal in this thread, save for what you decide. You can aspire to supremacy over all things, hunt beasts of power beyond mortal reckoning, or simply spend time among your followers. The choice is yours, and it is by no means limited to the prior suggestions. Before this thread can commence, these questions need to be answered, and whichever suggestion has the most votes in a roughly twenty-four hour period will become the protagonist.

By what Name shall mortals and divinities refer to you?
Every journey begins somewhere, what is the first Mantle you wield?
In what Form shall you manifest before the sight of mortals and your fellow divinities?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 09:41:01 pm by Tube Wizard »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Nascent Minor Deity (SG)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 04:22:55 am »

> Mara
> Mantle of Home
In what Form shall you manifest before the sight of mortals and your fellow divinities?
> A warm and caring fire in a hearth.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 08:52:51 am »

I’m just going to throw out “science god” to you guys and see what happens or doesn’t happen.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 10:10:56 am »

Science, science, how would I start a science-y path? Something a little Egyptian inspired maybe?
Name
Eroth
Mantle
Mantle of Discovery
Form
A winged humanoid with the head and feet of a hawk. Its (His?) body is masculine but its voice is androgynous. Its feathers are the color of cinnamon.

Or there's always something opposite, good at sneaking around:
Name
Jaylinn
Mantle
Mantle of Concealment
Form
A house cat, of dark grey coat with slightly darker leopard spots. Beware its affection-inducing purrs!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 10:19:38 am »

Science, science, how would I start a science-y path? Something a little Egyptian inspired maybe?
Name
Eroth
Mantle
Mantle of Discovery
Form
A winged humanoid with the head and feet of a hawk. Its (His?) body is masculine but its voice is androgynous. Its feathers are the color of cinnamon.

Ooh, yes. +1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 02:26:47 pm »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 05:49:25 pm »

Interesting suggestions so far, and I’m looking forward to running. I’ll give you guys another five or so hours to come to a final decision and if there’s a tie, we’ll do a coinflip.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 06:28:33 pm »

> Mara
> Mantle of Home
+1
I hope you don’t mind if I steal this for a D&D campaign.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 06:33:06 pm »

Name
Eroth
Mantle
Mantle of Discovery
Form

Ooh, yes. +1
+1
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 06:39:42 pm »

> Mara
> Mantle of Home
+1
I hope you don’t mind if I steal this for a D&D campaign.
Go ahead.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2019, 10:30:47 pm »

You are Eroth nascent God of Discovery and manifest in the form of a winged humanoid with feathers of a shade akin to cinnamon and the head and feet of a hawk. Though your form is undeniably masculine your resonant, contemplative voice betrays your demeanor.

Quote from:  Determining Initial Difficulties
Rolling 1d100: 31

There is a serene peace as you find yourself cross-legged on the cliffside, observing the radiant sunrise with a detached, piercing gaze. You are in the midst of your Godly Realm, and brought into being a mere month ago by mortal reckoning, you still haven't quite caught your bearings. All around you is an idyllic, forested if chilly landscape strewn with an array of marble ruins both pleasing to the eye and mysterious to the mind. Here, your every thought holds power unimaginable, and if you so wished, you could see every part of this place undone and remade in another image. So far you've abstained from any major changes, still unsure whether it suits you.

Little else is known to you, save that some time ago you awakened on the gray shores of the placid, black sea with no memory of any past, save your name and an all-consuming desire to know more that outpaced even what could be expected given the situation. You are Eroth and there is no doubt that you are a god, or if not truly divine, godlike in power. You've yet to leave your Godly Realm but for the sake of satisfying your curiosity and the lesser but everpresent need to be revered by lesser souls, you know that soon you must. That is to say soon, perhaps not right away. Much of the essence within you is expendable, easily released in the form of miracles both benign and profane, or shaped into a tangible form, endowed an obedient sapience, and gifted the power to serve you as you see fit. You sense there are other uses for this essence but most vexingly, you lack the experience to understand them.

Either way, this place is peaceful and you have an abundance of time to consider your next course of action.

What do you wish to do in the coming years?

A) Reshape the Godly Realm, because you find its current iteration insufficient to suit your needs. [Specify]
B) Leave the Godly Realm to its own devices, while you seek to satisfy your curiosity in other, perhaps less welcoming places.
C) Forge one or several divine servitors from your essence, to provide companionship and keep your affairs in order. [Specify]
D) Continue sitting as you are, and channeling Discovery, do your best to ponder the nature of creation and your place within it.

Spoiler:  Known Planes (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 11:39:55 pm »

B. We've got some explorin' to do.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2019, 12:54:23 am »

B.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 02:24:06 am »

Quote from:  Determining Number of Planes in Close Proximity
Rolling 1d6: 6!

Contemplating your circumstances for some time, you deduce that so long as you sit on the safety of that cliffside your curiosity will never be sated. Keeping this in mind, you intuit the way to exit this place, and with the merest wave of your taloned hand, a shimmering portal opens. It wavers and fluctuates as your subconscious essence reaches into the cosmos, and sensing no less than a stunning six astral reverberations vying for your attention, ponders which impression you wish to pursue.

To which do you choose to go?

A) The first realm, a faint impression of deep melancholy and random chance gone wrong.
B) The second realm, a creeping sense of dread and thirst, spiked by founts of bloodshed.
C) The third realm, an overwhelming, crushing darkness barely assuaged by pinpricks of light.
D) The fourth realm, a firm, cruel authority seeking to stop dissidents in worship of far worse.
E) The fifth realm, an absence of sensation save for whistling wind and mixed anticipation.
F) The sixth realm, indescribable loss covered by a stalwart patchwork stitched by spite alone.

Spoiler:  Known Planes (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2019, 02:26:00 am »

F. What the hell does a realm "stitched by spite alone" look like, I wonder.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11