- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106839 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #840 on: January 12, 2020, 06:21:28 pm »

We should ask him what he can tell us about Dahia.
"Did you know her well?"
"Oh, yeah. Dahia used to work here, help out in the kitchen, man the bar sometimes, when I needed a day off. She's a nice girl."
He smiles. Perhaps talking about it helps him feel better.
"I could tell she didn't really like the job. She only worked because she needed the money. Her mother was sick you see, bedridden, couldn't work. Really sad story."
He shakes his head.
"But no, that's not what she wanted to do. She fancied herself an artist of some sort. She used to say to me 'Darja, one day I'll be famous and I'll be living at the top of a tower. And everyone who laughed at me will be coming to me begging me for credits. But I'll tell no to all of them. I won't tolerate anyone from my old life. Except for you. I'll let you live with me so you can make me a cup of the finest vine-coffee this side of the Galaxy every morning.' Heh. Can you imagine?" he asks with a smile.
He pauses, thoughtful.
"And then a couple of weeks ago she suddenly quit, without any warning. She said she'd found someone who'd sponsor her work. Rich folk come here from time to time, so maybe she found one and convinced them she was good enough to invest in."
He sighs, puts down glass and is about to start cleaning another one when a patron, a human with blue skin, raises his arm to grab the bartender's attention. The bartender goes over to him, leaving you time to digest what he told you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 12, 2020, 08:33:26 pm »

Mayhaps the “Sponsor” is her killer, maybe the killer told her he was going to sponsor her, to get her to quit her job and trust him. When the bartender is done, maybe we can ask him if Dahira and the man said anything, if the man said his name at all? If they mentioned going anywhere?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:36:04 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 13, 2020, 01:09:53 am »

That's possible, but might be reaching too far.  I think we should just follow the guy again and see where it leads next.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 13, 2020, 01:14:05 am »

We could get more information out of the droid.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 13, 2020, 03:35:18 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #845 on: January 13, 2020, 02:13:47 pm »

Mayhaps the “Sponsor” is her killer, maybe the killer told her he was going to sponsor her, to get her to quit her job and trust him. When the bartender is done, maybe we can ask him if Dahira and the man said anything, if the man said his name at all? If they mentioned going anywhere?
The bartender says that they were talking but that he didn't happen to hear anything. Before your leave, he wishes you good luck.

You approach the droid and block its path before it reaches the kitchen. It stops and addresses you, the tray it is carrying causing it to lean forward slightly.
"May I help you?"
"What did the last man to sit there look like? What was his name?" you ask, pointing at the table.
"I am sorry, but I am unable to divulge that information to you. Now, if that is all, please move out of the way."
"Why?"
"You are blocking the path to the kitchen.'
"No. Why not say?"
"It is against my programming."
"against my programming"? Hmm. "programming". That's a new word. Does it mean something like "rules"? You make a mental note to look it up in the dictionary later.
"Now, if that is all, please move out of the way."
So does that mean it can't tell you what you want to know? Maybe there is something you could do to cause it to break its rules? You could threaten it, it doesn't look very strong, but with so many people here there's always the possibility they'll help it and turn against you.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:53:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 13, 2020, 07:15:17 pm »

”sorry for the unanswerable question”

Move out of its way and follow the scent of the killer

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 14, 2020, 04:26:01 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #848 on: January 15, 2020, 08:34:37 pm »

You decide it's best not to cause a scene so you apologize and leave this place.

You have to circle around the general area a couple of times, sniffing this way and that, searching for their unique mixture of smells, but eventually you manage to pick up the trail again. For a while things continue as before. Then you come upon a point where the two trails diverge. It's much easier to follow the Killer's distinct scent, so you do so. It leads you through something between an underground passage, a maintenance tunnel and an alleyway that goes on for some time. It's just below ground, you can hear the sounds of the people above, distorted and echoing through the passage, and occasionally catch glimpses of the streets through grates and small holes. This area is dark and empty and the noise helps mask the sounds that would normally warn you of approaching danger. You walk carefully, wary of a possible ambush. For him to go through this place... you get the feeling you're in his territory now.

The noise slowly dies down and you are left in the silence, with the echo of your footsteps keeping you company. You eventually emerge from the passage. The first thing you notice is the light, so bright, brighter than the clouds at midday. A fake-sun, like the real-sun you see in your dreams. As your eyes adjust to the brightness you begin to take in the wonders of this area.

Instead of the various tiny shops and buildings full of dirt and flashing lights layered on top of each other, this area has large walled plots of land with stumpy houses hidden in large gardens. There are plants of many shapes and sizes, beautiful reds and greens and blues, some even hiding small creatures in them. In the distance you can see larger buildings: a gleaming tower, a monolithic black cube, a brown organic-looking thing... Beyond them you can see the edge of the tower, the normally bright white clouds appearing somewhat dull compared to the artificial sunlight. Behind you there's a wall, separating this part of the tower from the rest.

This is a place that's mostly empty of people, especially compared to the crowded streets you were in when you entered the passage. The masses of pedestrians may be intimidating, but you had gotten used to them somewhat, to the fact that one can hide in them. Without the crowds to hide in, you feel like you stand out even more. You feel the gazes of guard-droids and the occasional passer-by falling on you as you walk through the paths. You need to be careful. The things here might look pretty, but they have teeth.

Fortunately the trail doesn't take you to one of those guarded gardens. Instead it takes you to a small tower of metal and glass, like a miniature of those towers that exist near the top, above the clouds, where you can see the sun and the stars. The trail of the Killer is reunited with Dahia's a short distance before the building's entrance and ends at said entrance. This must be a usual destination for him. You can smell his scent, more recent now, much stronger. He might even be inside.

Through the glass door you can see a bored-looking young human male sitting on a chair next to an elevator, fiddling with his datapad. You see a stun baton hanging from his belt. Could he be the Killer? Or is he somewhere higher in the tower? You could just enter and check. Or maybe it would be better to try and fly up to the top, find a way inside and investigate? But there's always the chance that someone will see you and you'll get in trouble. And then there's this more recent scent trail. You could try following it to see if it gets stronger, to see if he has actually left this place. Or instead of following him, perhaps it would be better to wait and try to set up an ambush?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 15, 2020, 08:45:31 pm »

It's hard to set up an ambush in a place where we don't belong.

I think we should go for the direct result.  Lets find a way in.  This place looks nice, but it'll have sewers and maintenance passageways like anywhere else, and that'd be a way in.  Then we can just find a door to push open, and we're in.  It's even possible we might be able to find the killer by moving around in the ducts first, or at least be able to smell which place is his.

If we do find something obvious, like the place where he sleeps or works or something, that might be the time for an ambush.  Nobody expects a dragon to be hiding under their bed, after all.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:25:28 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 16, 2020, 09:22:53 am »

I think we should go for the direct result.  Lets find a way in.  This place looks nice, but it'll have sewers and maintenance passageways like anywhere else, and that'd be a way in.  Then we can just find a door to push open, and we're in.  It's even possible we might be able to find the killer by moving around in the ducts first, or at least be able to smell which place is his.

If we do find something obvious, like the place where he sleeps or works or something, that might be the time for an ambush.  Nobody expects a dragon to be hiding under their bed, after all.

+1 Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition! a dragon!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 16, 2020, 09:12:29 pm »

Well, it might be a problem if we end up smelly first, but maybe we can use the guy's refresher before murdering him.  That'd be satisfying.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #852 on: January 18, 2020, 04:09:10 pm »

You walk around the glass tower, searching for an easy way in, but the only other entrance you find is locked and the only vent is too tiny to fit through. You end up spending a long time searching for a way into the guts of the streets. You see a number of things that look like they could be holes that lead below, but they are all closed by doors too sturdy to break or grates too heavy to lift. There's no way to break through without drawing a lot of attention. In the end, rather than searching at random hoping to get lucky, you decide to go back to the underground passage and try to find your way to the tower from there.

Exploring the underground passages of this area is time consuming but not too hard. Though better maintained and more restricted, their architecture is familiar, following a similar design to the ones close to your home. You have to climb up to street level from time to time, looking through water drains to check your progress and keep your sense of direction calibrated, but you eventually manage to make it to a thick grate you are certain is just below the glass tower. You tap the grate a couple of times with one of your claws, both to check its sturdiness and to see if anyone will come investigate the noise. After a minute has passed and nothing has happened, you decide the coast is clear and begin the process of lifting the heavy grate and dragging it out of the way.

You place your back against it and push as hard as you can with your legs, taking care to keep your sensitive wings out of the way. You feel your muscles burn and joints sting from the exertion, but at the same time you feel the grate lifting. You take a small step forward and the grate grinds forward with you. Another small step, another inch forward. With the third step, something slips. You try to adjust your grip but it's too late. You barely manage to get your tail out of the way and save it from being crushed. The grate slams on the ground with enough force to break through the stone-like material, sending out vibrations that travel throughout the entire building. It comes to rest in exactly the right position to block the way to the tunnels. With only one way left to go, you jump up.

This is a room with machines, you recognize one meant for cleaning clothes, but you don't have time to investigate any of them. The only source of illumination is the red light coming from an arrow pointing down located on the wall next to the elevator. Its light paints the entire room crimson and warns you of incoming danger. You search around frantically for a hiding spot or a way out. You find a flight of stairs leading up. You could try escaping by going up, but there's always the chance the stairs lead to a locked door or other dead end. You could find a hiding spot and wait until whoever is coming leaves, but this place is small and a careful search will almost certainly find you no matter where you hide. If it's just the guard you saw near the entrance coming to investigate, you could just ambush him and kill him, maybe throw him down the hole when he goes to check it and then loot his corpse. Or maybe you could try intimidating him and interrogating him. But there's always the chance he's stronger than you or that there are more than one guards coming to investigate. And even if there's only one of them, he's still going to be careful, a much harder prey. Whatever your choice is going to be, you'll have to decide quickly. There's little time left.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 18, 2020, 04:19:34 pm »

Stairs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 83