- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106938 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #765 on: December 28, 2019, 08:32:13 pm »

I still want to have her as a friend, though, even if we aren't living in her apartment.  If we grow a bit more we can probably take her for rides.

Fair-- this doesn't have to be goodbye forever!
I'd like to make a slight revision to my suggested words tho.

Nod. "I go."
"Still... friend?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 28, 2019, 08:55:14 pm »

I still want to have her as a friend, though, even if we aren't living in her apartment.  If we grow a bit more we can probably take her for rides.

Fair-- this doesn't have to be goodbye forever!
I'd like to make a slight revision to my suggested words tho.

Nod. "I go."
"Still... friend?"

+1

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #767 on: December 29, 2019, 03:49:16 am »

You don't like this. This hurts. Your first impulse is to express this displeasure, but you know that this is not Ali's fault. She's obviously sad about this. You don't want to make her even more sad.
"I understand."
The two of you remain silent for a while.
"Still friend?"
"Of course!"
She runs up to the window, climbing a cupboard to reach it.
"Of course you're still my friend!"
She places her hand on the window pane. You touch it with your head and close your eyes, trying to feel her warmth through the cold plastic.
"It's just-" she begins explaining, her words interrupted by the occasional sob.
"They, Mom and Dad, they were really upset, especially when they saw you were missing, they- I don't want them to do anything bad to you because they were afraid or-"
"I understand." you cut her off.
You don't need her to explain. You're not angry at her. There's no reason to upset her further.
"I will come see you again. Okay?"
"Okay." she says while rubbing her eyes.
"I'll be waiting."
You exchange one last look. And then you jump away, flying higher.
You vent your frustration to the clouds, your roar lost in the buzz of the city.

Eiwhyl's window is also closed. Are ALL the damn windows closed? You bang on it with your foreleg a couple of times before flying away to find a handhold. About a minute later you hear the pleasant noise of the window mechanism operating, sliding the window pane out of the way. Finally! You eagerly fly towards the now open window, flying through it and headfirst into Eiwhyl.
"Oof!"
She's knocked back and falls to the ground with you somehow ending up standing on her.
"Sorry?" you ask, trying to make that face that makes Ali forgive you and pet you.
She smiles. And then she smacks you on the side of the head, knocking you off her.
"That was for not watching where you're going!"
Before you have a chance to recover, another smack.
"And that was for being a dumbass! Do you have any idea how much trouble you've caused with your stupidity?"
It's not painful, it's more the shock and the yelling that hurts. You scramble to your legs and stand ready to face her. But she's not attacking anymore. She's just staring at you.
"Still..."
She looks away.
"Thank you."
You can see her face and neck has been fully healed, as if she was never hurt. But most of her left horn is still missing, still jagged where the blaster bolt hit it.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 29, 2019, 05:15:54 am »

"Friend?"

Express interest in knowing what happened.  Express interest in food.  Express interest in being checked out.  In that order.

(Being able to fly and bypass all the normal checkpoints is really useful.  It'll be a sad day when we won't be able to squeeze through windows anymore.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:23:17 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 29, 2019, 05:48:39 am »

"Friend?"

Express interest in knowing what happened.  Express interest in food.  Express interest in being checked out.  In that order.

(Being able to fly and bypass all the normal checkpoints is really useful.  It'll be a sad day when we won't be able to squeeze through windows anymore.)
+1 If we get to big for the window we can just make the window bigger.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 29, 2019, 09:43:34 am »

That was... perfect, actually. Perhaps I shouldn't bother with exact wording in my future suggestions.

"Friend?"

+1 to all the things.

Also, show Eiwhyl our trophies: namely, the blaster pistols and knife-with-button. Also also, explain that we have wreaked bloody vengeance upon the previous bearers of said trophies.

klonk
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 29, 2019, 10:07:30 am »

That's uh, pretty self-evident.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 29, 2019, 10:15:52 am »

Self-evident, sure. Also, immensely satisfying.
Besides, Eiwhyl could use the weaponry. If those goons ever come back, we want her able to defend herself!

klonk
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #773 on: December 29, 2019, 04:44:32 pm »

((Silly humans and their bipedal bias. You'd think that with so many flying machines they'd be more careful about flying things.))

If we get too big for the window we can just make the window bigger.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThereWasADoor

That was... perfect, actually. Perhaps I shouldn't bother with exact wording in my future suggestions.
((You can word things a certain way, I like it when I have concrete suggestions like that, just know that I might not always follow your wording to the letter. Might be due to vocabulary, might be because I'll blend it with other suggestions, might be simply because of what I think works best for the story. But I'll try to follow what I think is the intention behind the suggestion.))

Also, show Eiwhyl our trophies: namely, the blaster pistols and knife-with-button. Also also, explain that we have wreaked bloody vengeance upon the previous bearers of said trophies.
"Friend?"

"Friend?"
"Ugh, don't be stupid."
She turns around and walks out of the refresher. You're not sure what you should do.
"Now come on, I'm in the middle of lunch."
Any uncertainty immediately evaporates in the presence of the promise of food.

While you and Eiwhyl have lunch (to be precise Eiwhyl finishes what's left of her lunch and you make your portion disappear a few seconds after she prepares it for you) she explains what went on with the security force.

From what she learned from one of the officers, someone saw all the blood and heard some strange noises coming from the elevator. They used a public communication console to contact the security force and report this. The security force officers were looking for the caller, they don't know who placed the call, they don't even know how the caller looked like since it was an audio-only call, just that it was a Gran (one of those three-eyed humanoids). They also deployed a number of seeker remotes (tiny droids that scan their surroundings and report back to their controller) to try and find whoever caused this. They've also made several announcements over the PA system asking for missing people to be reported and advising people to stay indoors. She believes they're still searching the lower floors and that they have no idea what's going on, as usual.

While Eiwhyl prepares a second serving for you, you try to explain what happened to her but she says very firmly that she doesn't want to know. Instead you show her what you looted from their corpses.

The datapad was an inferior model that wasn't waterproof, so it was damaged when it came into contact with water. She says she's willing to give you an old basic datapad of hers and transfer this one's datacard to it for 75 credits.

You show her the blaster pistols, boxy black things with silver barrels. She says the blaster pistols are single-setting holdout blasters, nothing special, model HSB-200 with extended gas cells, probably good for 20 shots each. Poor optics means the bolt has lost most of its energy after 20 metres, good for defending yourself or giving someone a scare but not that good in a fight against a properly armed opponent. She shows you how to remove and replace the gas cell after you ask her but she won't tell you where you can find more gas cells.

She says the knife is a vibroknife, some sort of illegal modification, probably has limited battery life, plus the battery's shielding looks shoddy. When you ask what a vibroknife is, she unsheathes the knife and slashes the empty food container in front of her, pressing the button partway through the motion. There's a high pitched whine. The knife slashes through the plastic container with ease, sending the two halves clattering to the floor. She sheathes the knife while you inspect the box. It doesn't look like it's been cut, it looks more as if a line was melted or exploded on it. It's both scary and awe-inspiring to see the power their weapons.

You ask how it works and Eiwhyl explains the blade vibrates so quickly its cutting power is amplified. This one's erratic vibration makes it form large gaping wounds, as if exploding the flesh around it, however a properly focused vibroblade can cut through flesh and metal so quickly and cleanly that the one being cut might not even notice it. They're very helpful surgical tools, but it's damn hard to get the license required to legally own one and the high quality ones are extremely expensive.

She has no intention of keeping either weapon and demands that you don't bring them in here again or at least keep them hidden while in her clinic.

She says the smoke sticks could be usable once they dry, but also comments that smoking is bad for you and recommends you just throw them in the trash. She then has to explain what smoking is (burning things and inhaling the smoke) and why people smoke ("they're stupid", though you're not sure if it's as simple as that).

She has no idea what the keycard is for, but comments that the symbol on it (two parallel dotted lines joined at the top by a bold bar) probably matches whatever it is used to unlock.

Finally, after you eat your third serving, it is time for you to ask about what happened to you. You describe how you lost control while eating, how you ate more than you possibly could have given your size, the fire you felt burning inside you and spreading throughout your body after you came to your senses, how hard it was to control your body, the exhaustion that led you to fall unconscious, the strangely vivid dreams you had and the constant hunger you've been feeling ever since you woke up.

Status lost: hungry

Eiwhyl seems concerned but doesn't say anything. Instead she decides to examine you with her machines so that she has all the information she can have before coming to any conclusions. The examination reveals several discrepancies when compared with your previous scans. According to her, your body has gone through a sudden alteration, focused mostly on your muscles and bones though other parts of your body like your brain, claws and scales have also been affected to a lesser extent. There's also an organ she can't identify that has increased in size, it's closely connected to the heart and stomach but doesn't seem to be actually doing anything, at least not right now.

After looking at the results, Eiwhyl theorizes that something in what you ate or perhaps the quantity of food you consumed itself (perhaps combined with the... "other stimuli" your were experiencing at the time) acted as a stimulant of sorts, causing your body to go into overdrive. Or maybe they caused that unknown organ to emit some sort of stimulant.

She's not sure about what the reason for your body being so hard to control at the time was, it's possible the stimulant was affecting your brain or it might have just been because you weren't used to it.

Your loss of control might have been a feeding frenzy of sorts, your body overriding your thoughts to make sure it gets what it wants. There are certain predatory animals whose behavior changes significantly when exposed to the scent of blood, so this might be something similar.

As for why you fell unconscious and what happened during that time, she has no explanation. Maybe it's natural, a chance for your body to focus on growth. Maybe your body can't handle working so hard for so long and so it just shut down to protect itself. Without more information, she really can't tell.

You don't think her explanation is entirely correct, something about it feels wrong, but lacking any better ideas it's probably the best explanation you're going to get. Perhaps you could had gotten a better explanation if you had come to Eiwhyl right away instead of hiding, but if you had done so you'd very likely had been caught by the security force, so this is probably for the best.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

((A bit of an infodump this one, with all those items being identified.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 29, 2019, 05:06:03 pm »

Do any of the weapons smell edible?

I'm not really keen on keeping the small weapons when we have a better one already.  We should also stash some of our money and items.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:11:18 pm by Devastator »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 29, 2019, 05:25:35 pm »

We should ask if Eiwhyl is willing to keep us on as a nurse, and whether we can stay at the clinic for a bit. It won't be as good as with Ali, but will definitely be better than the maintenance tunnels.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 29, 2019, 05:26:18 pm »

Yeah, I guess we way as well ask if we can stay here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 29, 2019, 05:38:55 pm »

We should probably lay hide the weapons

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 29, 2019, 07:50:03 pm »

We should give her the 75 credits to get the working data pad. We should also ask her for help ordering/making a new saddlebag to compliment our existing one. Hide the weapons somewhere in the clinic and ask if we can live/work with her for the foreseeable future.

Maybe we should try finding and ordering a gift of some kind for Ali.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 29, 2019, 08:30:40 pm »

We should give her the 75 credits to get the working data pad. We should also ask her for help ordering/making a new saddlebag to compliment our existing one. Hide the weapons somewhere in the clinic and ask if we can live/work with her for the foreseeable future.

Maybe we should try finding and ordering a gift of some kind for Ali.
+1 for everything except hiding the weapons in the clinic. Einwyl told us they are illegal and specifically told us to either dump them or hide them away from the clinic
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 83