- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106976 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #660 on: October 28, 2019, 09:59:24 am »

Find a place to hide and watch. If they want to start trouble and they know we're here, shooting us would be their first step. I'd rather be hidden, but ready.
+1
+1

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 28, 2019, 10:40:18 am »

Find a place to hide and watch. If they want to start trouble and they know we're here, shooting us would be their first step. I'd rather be hidden, but ready.
+1
+1
+1

I'm in favor of this.  Also, if about the only place we can hide is hanging outside of a window sill, I would still favor that. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #662 on: November 12, 2019, 07:30:39 pm »

You make your way to the refresher and turn off the lights. From here you should be able to keep track of Graad and the people with him. If they get too close to you you can always escape out the window. And if they try anything you'll be close enough to intervene.

You hear Graad utter a few words in an unknown language and a few moments later you hear footsteps in the hallway. One heads for the room with the patients while the other heads for the vats of healing fluid. You hear one walk between the beds, raising sheets, disturbing the dividers. One of the patients complains but his complains are reduced to a mumbled apology and then stop.

"Hey! Careful with that! That's sensitive!" you hear from the hallway.
"So, have you found a replacement?" comes the question from the same location.
There is a pause.
"No. Not yet. It's hard to find someone I can trust."
"Yes. A lot of expensive equipment here."
"I meant someone I can trust with my patients' wellbeing."
"Ah. Yes. That too." he responds condescendingly.

The sound of footsteps moves towards Eiwhyl's room.
"Don't mess up my desk."
The footsteps pause and there is silence for a moment.
"Why are you staring? I have a system and it works for me."
After another short pause the footsteps continue.

"Are you certain that you haven't seen my friend today?"
"You heard me the first time."
"I see."
More quiet broken by the sound of things being shuffled around.
"Celebrating something, then?"
"What do you-"

The one from the healing vat room approaches the room you're hiding in. With a jump and a flap of your wings you go through the window. With a few more flaps you twist around and gracefully come to rest on the tower's wall, clinging on a pipe close to the window. You can't really hear what's going on from here, the wind and buzzing of the outside world carries any words that escape the window away. The only thing your can do is wait and watch the window. The light comes on, creating a soft halo in the smog outside. The light is briefly disturbed by a shadow and then a few seconds later it disappears. You wait a few more seconds for good measure before jumping off the wall, twisting around and grabbing the window. You make a quick check to make sure there's nobody in there before jumping down. The door is closed now but you can still hear people speaking through it, though it's a bit harder to track their location.

"-an idiot."
"Yes, and you say that despite all your big talk about how much you care about your patients."
"A hypocrite and an idiot, then." Eiwhyl replies, though she sounds uncertain.
"Really?"
"Look, I don't know what you want me to-"
There's the sound of glass breaking.
"I want you to stop messing with me and tell me the damn truth." he says, sounding menacing despite not raising his voice.
"Listen here, I have-"
"I have been very polite. Have I not been very polite?"
There are grunts of assent.
"But maybe I was being too polite."
"Hey! What do you think you're doing? Get your hands off me!"
There's a slam that causes the walls to vibrate.
"I'll ask again. Where is she hiding?"
"I don't know!"
There are grunts, struggling.
"Don't you dare!"
She tries to sound angry but you can sense the fear in her voice. She starts speaking quickly.
"Alright, alright! She came here looking for credits but I sent her away, I told her to go back to you, that's the truth, that's all I know."
"Ah, so the story changes. Unfortunately, after you lied to my face like that, I'm not sure I can believe you. You see my trust is like glass. Once it's broken, it's really hard to mend."
You hear the sound of glass shards clinking together.
"Trying only ends up with you getting all cut up."
"Look, I buy only from you, I take care of your people same as anyone else, I don't say anything to anyone, even when you do dumb or sick things. If you do this, I can't guarantee-"
"Are you threatening me? You know, there are plenty who could replace you."
"I'm just saying that Reelo won't like it if he finds out you did something stupid over a misunderstanding."
"I doubt the boss cares about what happens to you."
You don't know what to do. You want to help but you don't want to end up making things worse. You try to find a way to see what's going on outside, but this stupid machine-door slides open and closed on its own.

"Taking you out would be a waste." Graad finally decides.
Your sigh of relief is cut short by the bang of a blaster bolt followed by Eiwhyl's scream.
"But don't think I'll leave you without a warning."
"Damn you! You bastard!"
"Don't worry. I'm sure it will be all healed up in a few years." he adds smugly.
With that he utters a command in his unfamiliar language and he and his people starts walking away. You hear the apartment entrance opening and closing. The only sound left is the awkward shuffling of the patients and Eiwhyl's sobs.

You open the door to find Eiwhyl lying down on the hallway next to a puddle of alcohol and broken glass, clutching the side of her head, crying.
"Damned bastard." she whispers between sobs.
Among the glass shards there are shards of bone and keratin. The blaster bolt exploded Eiwhyl's horn where it curves just below the ear, leaving it jagged and broken, about half the length of her other horn. The shrapnel scratched her neck and cheeks but didn't penetrate her thick skin.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 12, 2019, 07:37:50 pm »

Ohh this is war.

"I kill?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 12, 2019, 07:42:07 pm »

Ohh this is war.

"I kill?"
What about “I kill Graad?”
Or “How heal you?”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 12, 2019, 08:57:19 pm »

Bah. Our job is to protect this place. Should have intervened. A humanoid is no trouble when we're close and they're not ready. Should have done something when he started threatening our boss.
Now it's too late.

Graad is not ready for us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 12, 2019, 09:02:08 pm »

I think we should go kill them.  Tomorrow.  Lets see if we can get something to help fight first, like that strength belt.

If not, well, we're a dragon, so we do it without.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 12, 2019, 09:14:47 pm »

Do we know how to activate and operate the healing pods? We’ve learned medical knowledge, right? We should try to heal Einwyl

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 13, 2019, 12:07:47 am »

Also, I asked paris and apparently Draggy's basically a black hole for food.  Could eat ridiculously much and benefit from it.  So if we can't find a belt or something, stuffing ourselves with food is probably the next best thing.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:15:59 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 13, 2019, 01:17:20 am »

Well, not quite endlessly. We inquired into uh, consuming Graad's corpse. We could eat about a whole human body mass at once, about two of those in a day. So if we get Graad and all his buddies, we just need to stow the corpses away in a cold place, and we can get a big benefit over a few days. :)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 13, 2019, 04:37:08 am »

Or “How heal you?”
+1

Little steps ladies and gentlemen.  Let's ensure our boss is okay, and then we can go about plotting the death of theirs. 

Another thing we should do is assess the damages once Eiwhyl is comforted.

@Egan_BW Why am I not surprised someone asked that.  Good to keep for consideration, but I don't think we are going to be able to store them for long, unless we know of a refrigerated morgue.  Keeping the bodies is also going to attract attention we probably don't want for a little bit at least. 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 13, 2019, 05:07:10 am »

Oh, I'm fully in favor of seeing to Eiwhyl first.  But we can't sit around and wait for them to come back.  We gotta attack, and not later, soon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 13, 2019, 05:45:33 am »

Or “How heal you?”
+1
+1

And after that I guess its murder time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 13, 2019, 09:51:25 am »

Murder time!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #674 on: November 17, 2019, 03:28:10 pm »

Or “How heal you?”

You approach apprehensively, unsure of what you should do to help.
“How heal you?”
Eiwhyl doesn't respond, it's as if she didn't hear you. So you decide to take things into your own hands.

You nudge her hand away from her face and inspect her wound. The fragments of horn haven't cut too deep, though some have been lodged into her thick skin. Her eyes are thankfully unhurt, though you think her ears might have been damaged from the explosion. You grab a medpack from a nearby shelf (you hope she won't mind you not paying for it, since it's for her own good), clean the wounds from fragments as best you can and apply a regeneration bandage on it, pressing it hard to make sure it attaches properly. Eiwhyl complains, weakly saying she's fine. Her complaints are cut short when you jab her with one of the medpack's syringes for good measure.
"Ow!"
In hindsight, you should had probably been a bit more gentle with your efforts, but you were in a hurry to heal her. On the bright side, she seems a bit more focused now. She looks at you as she slowly inspects the bandages with her hand.
"Did you do that?"
You are prepared for a scolding, but it doesn't come.
"Thank you."
"Are you healed?"
"I... I can't-"
She struggles for a moment, then gives up on whatever she was trying to say.
"Yes, I'm healed." she finally tells you.
You can't tell whether it's from your healing or the sudden pain bringing her to her senses, but the fact that she looks OK along with her reassurance helps your fear for her health subside. And with it gone, rage is free to take center stage.

You run to the exit and press button that opens the door. You take a quick glance outside. You can't see them, so-
"Hey! Wait! Where are you going?"
You turn back to look at Eiwhyl and let out a single word, a single low growl.
"Kill."
She is silent. Her mouth opens but no words come out. You don't have time for this. They're getting away. You run.

There's only one exit from this floor: the elevators. You make your way there, trying to be both quick and quiet.
"-the look on her face?"
You can hear them. They're still in the elevators. They sound relaxed. You slow down as you reach the door and carefully poke your head out.
"Haha, yeah. Stupid goat will think twice before trying to be a smartass with us again."
They're waiting for an elevator, standing close together not far from where you are, their backs turned on you. From the light above the elevator door, you can tell it's almost here.
Graad says something, but it's in that language you can't understand. It doesn't matter. His tone alone is enough to stoke your anger. He pats a knife on his belt, as if to emphasize a statement, his thumb lingering on a button on its hilt. The other two are armed with blasters. It would be hard for them to aim if you got close to them, but that knife could be problem. All the more reason to take him out first.
"Heh. You said it boss. Maybe next week." one of the two agrees with whatever slimy comment Graad made in his alien language.
There's a beep and the elevator door opens. The elevator is empty. They're about to go in. If you want to end this now, then this is your chance.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 83