Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103934 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #2010 on: November 04, 2019, 05:15:44 am »

Lets go find Makdt and see what she's up to.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 04, 2019, 07:02:52 am »

You go to find Makdt, she is sitting at one of the tables downstairs eating some food. "Just, ah having a little snack." she says.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 04, 2019, 12:45:43 pm »

Go back to the cleric and try to help move the roots

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 04, 2019, 01:02:56 pm »

You go back over to try helping the elf cleric move the roots; while it doesn't look like she is using any magic words or anything to do it and you are pretty sure she is just talking to the root... it is moving nonetheless.
(what are you doing to help move the roots? explain)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 04, 2019, 02:15:59 pm »

Try to pick them up and ask the elf where she wants them to go, then place them there

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 04, 2019, 04:15:27 pm »

You try to grab the giant wall of roots; not only is it too gargantuan to pick up it is also probably the hardest thing you've ever touched.

(for reference this root is part of Pas and each section of it is about as thick as a purple worm is)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 04, 2019, 05:15:17 pm »

Truth be told, we're kind of superfluous right now. The fighting is over; folks are just kind of... doing their thing. There's not all that much we need to do right now.

Let's find somewhere reasonably out-of-the-way-- but somewhere folk can still find us if need be-- and search through our memories for a few hours. Think on Mynii. Think to our earliest days.

Realign our starsheet, too. It'll be nice to have it for reference, and maybe it'll know something about our new spell we don't.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 04, 2019, 05:33:39 pm »

Truth be told, we're kind of superfluous right now. The fighting is over; folks are just kind of... doing their thing. There's not all that much we need to do right now.

Let's find somewhere reasonably out-of-the-way-- but somewhere folk can still find us if need be-- and search through our memories for a few hours. Think on Mynii. Think to our earliest days.

Realign our starsheet, too. It'll be nice to have it for reference, and maybe it'll know something about our new spell we don't.

+1

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 04, 2019, 06:45:51 pm »

You go find somewhere reasonably out-of-the-way but somewhere you can still be found and begin searching through your memories...
About Mynii; you try for a while to recall even who that is, someone's child? Rollios maybe? All you can recall is she was sick the last time you saw her and felt something that is no longer in you.
About your earliest days; you work real hard to recall your far flung past, you recall the first object you ever mimicked... a circlet, and the peasant who put you on... Hely, but you can't seem to recall anything before that.

You spend the time to realign the starsheet you have...
Attuned starsheet card;
Mostodnazush
a 'chest' with an 'eye' for a lock
undecided
a shield with the number 10 in it
a heart with 10 inside & a small heart next to it
a closed eye

there are also the numbers '1, 12, 15, 10, 13, {17}' on the back
and a picture of a 'spike' going into a 'skull' as well as a '∩' symbol

For some reason the card no longer shows what it once did even though you are still in the husk of Rollio.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 04, 2019, 07:04:59 pm »

Huh. I guess now Rollo's soul doesn't reside with us anymore, now we're fully aware of our own nature, the starsheet has changed to reflect our true nature rather than our assumed one? Maybe the starsheet keys partly off our own understanding of ourself. Maybe the extra soul in us was messing it up. I dunno.

I can only assume the "chest with an eye for a lock" represents our race-- that is, a mimic.

We need to pick out a class, I expect, before we can start gaining experience again. I wonder if our husk will still gain levels? Maybe not.

I note, our Armor Class doesn't seem to match up to our Dexterity-- I'd expect it to be 11; it's 10 instead? Perhaps we've got some sort of racial penalty. Or perhaps I'm reading the starsheet wrong. Or something.

I wonder what's signified by the brackets around our Charisma. Maybe that it's our primary stat? Maybe that it's being modified somehow?

Presumably the closed eye indicates our blindness outside a husk, and the "spike in skull" our ability to assume people. I'm not sure about the other symbol.

Continue sifting through our memories.
Just how old are we?
How exactly did Rollo Kimboldnik die?

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 04, 2019, 07:14:27 pm »

Huh. I guess now Rollo's soul doesn't reside with us anymore, now we're fully aware of our own nature, the starsheet has changed to reflect our true nature rather than our assumed one? Maybe the starsheet keys partly off our own understanding of ourself. Maybe the extra soul in us was messing it up. I dunno.

I can only assume the "chest with an eye for a lock" represents our race-- that is, a mimic.

We need to pick out a class, I expect, before we can start gaining experience again. I wonder if our husk will still gain levels? Maybe not.

I note, our Armor Class doesn't seem to match up to our Dexterity-- I'd expect it to be 11; it's 10 instead? Perhaps we've got some sort of racial penalty. Or perhaps I'm reading the starsheet wrong. Or something.

I wonder what's signified by the brackets around our Charisma. Maybe that it's our primary stat? Maybe that it's being modified somehow?

Presumably the closed eye indicates our blindness outside a husk, and the "spike in skull" our ability to assume people. I'm not sure about the other symbol.

Continue sifting through our memories.
Just how old are we?
How exactly did Rollo Kimboldnik die?

+1 let’s also see what we remember about Hely

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 04, 2019, 07:40:08 pm »

You continue to sift through your memories; you try to sort through to find just how old you are by how much time you can actually remember and not how much time you recall from others... maybe twenty or twenty one years of switching between people and animals.
You recall that while you did take over his body some time last month, he was still alive until that day about over a week ago when Ungas stabbed him to death after the caravan was attacked...

You try to recall what you remember of Hely; she was a peasant girl of a young age who lived in... Waywood in the Seaside region with her mother father and sister, she found you while out gathering wood and put you on her head because she thought you were 'pretty', you recall you weren't very natural and made quite the mess of Hely's insides... probably why she died after a few days.

(just because its a simple thing '∩' is the symbol used for intersection and in this case mimicry of objects, as in set that contains elements of two things in this its is; you ∩ object)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 04, 2019, 08:02:59 pm »

I am suddenly possessed of an idea I should've had a long time ago.

Release the husk of Rollo. Take the shape of... an amulet, let's say. A nice shiny silver amulet. Just for testing purposes.

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 04, 2019, 08:11:24 pm »

You release the husk of Rollio and pretend to be a shiny silver amulet, you look to make sure you are formed right, you appear as a silver amulet shiny chain and all.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 04, 2019, 08:44:45 pm »

Ohh yes.

Try something bigger... an iron-bound chest, maybe. Chests are a classic!

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 168