Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Re: AIAR-The Fraternal Order of the Silver Moon-Cold Season 1921-Event Phase  (Read 11890 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AIAR-The Fraternal Order of the Silver Moon-Cold Season 1921-ABC Phase
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2019, 03:23:22 am »

We had more tokens than I realized.. interesting. This means we can design a helmet AND uniform in one turn, unless you think there's something better we could use the tokens for, Zultan?
I can't think of anything better to use them on, so I think we'll be fine doing the uniform.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2019, 02:59:08 pm »

Ah, after further discussion with AseaHeru, we could build a mine in the mountains in order to tap into supplies of metal. We could use a token to start it, and a token to rush it. I think this may be better than a uniform given the fact that we're so low on metal that we're hardly able to produce anything that requires it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2019, 03:10:49 pm »

Ah, after further discussion with AseaHeru, we could build a mine in the mountains in order to tap into supplies of metal. We could use a token to start it, and a token to rush it. I think this may be better than a uniform given the fact that we're so low on metal that we're hardly able to produce anything that requires it.
We'll sense we can do that it sounds like a better use of our tokens than a uniform.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2019, 03:16:41 pm »

Agreed. The updated plan is as follows then:

*Use a token to build a sawmill in West Neu Salsburg. Use a token to rush construction. (2 Tokens)
*Use a token to start construction of a metal mine wherever in the mountains AseaHeru says it needs to be. Use a token to rush it. Hopefully we can try and keep the location a relative secret from the enemy. (2 Tokens)
*Reverse-engineer the 10 cm M. 14 Feldhaubitze and its HE ammo so that we can respond to their artillery with artillery of our own. (2 Tokens)
*Reverse-engineer the Stielhandgranate. (1 Token)
*Design the helmet (see below.) (2 Tokens)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 03:20:35 pm by coleslaw35 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2019, 03:20:32 pm »

Agreed. The updated plan is as follows then:

*Use a token to build a sawmill in West Neu Salsburg. Use a token to rush construction. (2 Tokens)
*Use a token to start construction of a metal mine wherever in the mountains AseaHeru says it needs to be. Use a token to rush it. Hopefully we can try and keep the location a relative secret from the enemy. (2 Tokens)
*Reverse-engineer the 10 cm M. 14 Feldhaubitze and its HE ammo so that we can respond to their artillery with artillery of our own. (2 Tokens)
*Reverse-engineer the Stielhandgranate. (1 Token)
*Design the helmet (see below.) (2 Tokens)

Spoiler: Infanterie-Helm-1921 (click to show/hide)
I agree with all of these actions.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2019, 08:35:23 pm »

When it came time to design the helmet, I figured it'd be neat if I named any designs I proposed by following a thematic naming. Eventually, I came up with this:

Broad noun of item being designed-Adjective to describe the design-Year designed

So if we go back to the MMG-1921 we did round 1, it would've been:

Machinengewehr-Mittel-1921

Shortened to:
MG-M-1921

and a potential nickname, just to give the weapon a more colloquial name that can more easily be referenced in posts/conversations. So in the machinegun example:
"Eclipse" (or translated into German, as it seems AseaHeru is doing, ,,Finsternis")

When naming the helmet, however, I made a mixup, and named it:

Infanterie-Helm-1921
I-H-1921
,,Eiertopf" (English: Egg pot)

When it should have been:

Helm-Infanterie-1921
H-I-1921
,,Eiertopf"

So unless you have any objections, Zultan, or have an idea for a better naming scheme (or just think I'm being overzealous  :P ) I'm going to just propose a minor point:

*Modify the helmet and machinegun design names to the ones below:

And I'm not saying that any designs you'd like to propose should follow my personal naming system, Zultan, I'm just outlining the logic behind it. Feel free to use your own naming system! Also, I hope you don't feel like I've been taking over or anything. If you'd like to object or propose something, please do, and we can discuss.  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 11:39:09 am by coleslaw35 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2019, 05:55:23 am »

So unless you have any objections, Zultan, or have an idea for a better naming scheme (or just think I'm being overzealous  :P )
Well you designed both of them so you get to name them whatever you want, and I have no problem with your naming scheme.

And I'm not saying that any designs you'd like to propose should follow my personal naming system, Zultan, I'm just outlining the logic behind it. Feel free to use your own naming system! Also, I hope you don't feel like I've been taking over or anything. If you'd like to object or propose something, please do, and we can discuss.  :)
Actually I'm glad you came into this game, because I've never participated in a game like this before and I had no idea what the hell I was doing, so I was just kind of sitting here by myself slowly trying to figure out what I should be doing.

As for proposals I don't have anything of now, but I might have something later.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2019, 11:31:48 am »

Germanize all the things!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2019, 11:37:22 am »

Actually I'm glad you came into this game, because I've never participated in a game like this before and I had no idea what the hell I was doing, so I was just kind of sitting here by myself slowly trying to figure out what I should be doing.

As for proposals I don't have anything of now, but I might have something later.

Yeah, Armaments Design type games can be a bit difficult to figure out since they often vary so wildly, especially in ones like this where you control so much more than just the designing and production process. Just wanted to check in with you and make sure you were able to have fun as well.  :)

Germanize all the things!

Thank goodness I'm in the process of learning German. :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 11:39:18 am by coleslaw35 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2019, 07:50:12 am »

Soon everything in this thread will be German!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2019, 03:55:51 pm »

Oh, this is yer first game Zultan? I hope yer enjoying it. Now, to be a horrible person and let the whims of the dice ruin all your carefully laid plans.

To make sure Ive gotten everything, your plans are as follows, right? It should take me a few hours to get the work done anyways, so feel free to yell at me if Ive missed something.

-West Nue Salsburgian Sawmill, rushed
-A mine in somewhere(note, unless stated what sort of metal yall want, it will be wherever yer generals feel is safest), rushed
-M.14 fieldhalbutzer with HE rounds reverse engineering
-Grenood!
-Infanterie-Helm M.21
Highly Opinionated Fool

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2019, 04:31:20 pm »

Looks fine to me, unless I'm forgetting anything?

I will point out, we're trying to get whatever metal we'll be able to use to produce weapons, helmets, etc. So not exactly that copper stuff. Probably the blackband iron, since that can be refined into steel.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2019, 04:59:13 pm »

Blackband iron, and thus the South-East Mountians it is. Speaking of, if you would like to name the settlement that would be required something, feel free to yell at me.
Highly Opinionated Fool

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2019, 10:24:01 am »

Oh, this is yer first game Zultan? I hope yer enjoying it.
Well it isn't the first game I've been in, but its the first Arms Race I've been in that lasted past the intro, and I am enjoying this game,

Also everything looks good to me.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AIAR-The Fraternal Order of the Silver Moon-Cold Season 1921-Event Phase
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2019, 08:30:58 pm »

Cold Season, 1921, D&R Phase

But first, ABC Shenanagans

Work started on an additional two workareas this season, a sawmill within Nue Salsburg and an iron mining&processing center in the mountains near Sellye. Work on them progressed in a fairly decent manner, but with extra effort spent they where completed well in time.
 That is not to say there where no issues with construction however. Both facilities where constructed in a somewhat slap-dash manner, and the mine has reported issues with readily accessible ore to mine, in addition to its slight issues getting its goods out.
 The sawmill has reported that its primary issue is getting ahold of raw material, raw timber not being in large supply in the swamps. Ideally, however, timber could be floated down river from the forests, shipped down the coast from Pecs, or moved via the still decrepit railroad. It can still produce lumber as-is, of course.

End of ABC Shenanagans

With all of that underway, work began on generating blueprints for many, many pieces of equipment, to varying levels of effectiveness.

Work on the M.14 Fieldhalbutzer has resulted in a low-quality but particularly cheap example, with final design work wrapped up just before the first major reports of battle came in.
 The HE rounds of 100x183mmR, used by the M.14 Fieldhalbutzer, proved to be a mixed bag. Of low quality, yet particually time-consuming to construct, and with issues in fuzing and accuricy, the shell has caused the long-range preformance of its use to drop. While our generals have stated that this will still be a net gain in their fighting power, it is less than optiomal for our uses.

The M.15 grenade has been noted to be a great strength multiplier for our troops at short and closer ranges, although our use has such been limited by logistical constraints and lack of production. Our locally made copies are of medium quality and, at the expense of reliability(particularly in timers, to the point where our troops are reminded on each grenade that when activated get rid of the grenade as fast as possible), far cheaper than the originals where stated to be. Sadly, as with all else we have done, the blueprints are not yet done, but will finish next season.

And now, our main event.
 The Eirtopf, or the Helm-Infanterie-1921, is our engineers efforts of recreating the helmets of the great war, although in a rather different shape. Shaped like the upper hemisphere of a hen's egg with a vagley oval-shaped flared bottom, the helmet was intended to be constructed of 1.8mm steel(deemed suitable for stopping any of our pistol rounds at range), with an inner suspension system made of leather to allow it to be held on to the troop.
 In practice, however, the helmet is... less robust. In an effort to reduce production costs and taking into account our steel shortages, the first models are made of a fairly decent iron. Our metal stamping technology has also proven to just be capible of this task.

WELCOME TO THE RRE PHASE FOR COLD SEASON, 1921
You have no tokens for this phase.

Welcome to the Events Phase for Cold Season, 1921
You are now waiting on(more) silly gubbins from the GM.

Spoiler: WIP Projects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Logistics & Designs (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the wait, internet shenanigans locked me out of just about everything but B12 itself.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9