Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: SquadCraft: Tides of Dark Chocolate //END//  (Read 14104 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SquadCraft: Tides of Dark Chocolate //17//
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2019, 07:07:34 pm »

Ah, I guess I didn't have that chance anyway then, I guess that's it in that case, see ya.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: SquadCraft: Tides of Dark Chocolate //17//
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2019, 07:26:12 pm »

Ah, I guess I didn't have that chance anyway then, I guess that's it in that case, see ya.
Ok. Thanks, and well done. You made it 17 turns!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: SquadCraft: Tides of Dark Chocolate //END//
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2019, 07:44:26 pm »

GAME! KINDA FLUFFY WINS!!

Reason: Baroness of Candyland withdrew at turn 17.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2019, 07:47:24 pm »

You have 3 days to say any comments, congratulate each other, give feedback if SquadCraft happened again or something like it. I will then post the credits, and close the topic.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2019, 08:02:32 pm »

Well, one thing I will say is that I feel a little like I kinda wasted a unit slot getting the gumdrop guards.
If there's anything to take away from that it's that swarm units don't really work, because by the time you're making them you'll probably be able to afford something better, and you aren't going to be able to field the numbers needed to make a swarm strategy work.
Also, speed is apparently a really big factor in cost.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2019, 08:56:24 pm »

speed
..of income?

oic, movement in relation to cost, based on how I priced them.

Were there any units you felt were made useless(or overpowered) by how I priced them? Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:02:48 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SquadCraft: Tides of Dark Chocolate
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2019, 01:37:56 am »

Holy carp, how do you have almost 60 fudge stockpiled?

I think I'd want to tweak my Marine Weasel and Mysterious Stranger if I were to play again, various things about them meant that just waiting for another Bear Cavalry was by far the best option.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2019, 05:56:34 am »

speed
..of income?

oic, movement in relation to cost, based on how I priced them.

Were there any units you felt were made useless(or overpowered) by how I priced them? Thanks for the feedback.
I can't really say, I didn't really have the chance to look into just what would be a particularly powerful unit and how much they would cost compared to others.

Holy carp, how do you have almost 60 fudge stockpiled?

I think I'd want to tweak my Marine Weasel and Mysterious Stranger if I were to play again, various things about them meant that just waiting for another Bear Cavalry was by far the best option.
I just wasn't spending my fudge, my units where fairly cheap, so that coupled with the upgrade that caused me to gain extra fudge led to me easily stockpiling far more fudge than I could ever use.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2019, 06:04:41 am »

I'd say movement speed was quite powerful. The ability for me to lose a Bear Cavalry and then move the new one straight into the front lines without any noticeable delay really helped.

In comparison, the Marine Weasel's slow movement meant I couldn't respond to changes on the front line quickly enough, and the Mysterious Stranger's poor accuracy stopped it from its main job of assassinating workers/artillery units.

I think having a higher squad cap would be a good incentive for deploying more cheap units.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2019, 10:35:14 am »

I can't really say, I didn't really have the chance to look into just what would be a particularly powerful unit and how much they would cost compared to others.
Btw since the match is over, the prohibition on viewing opponent and spectator spoilers has lifted.

Any ideas for a title?
I kind of like something KitRougard said. Tactical Hell.

Do you think the timelimits were too harsh or I enforced them too strictly? Exact text:
2. 24 hours afk until you are skipped and your Build Queue and fudge production will be paused. If you do not have any actions to perform, do not just wait for time to expire... post "wait" in a spoiler.
3. 48 hours afk until you are removed. If you become unable or do not wish to continue, do not just disappear... say that you are dropping out.
4. Weekends are excluded.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:54:38 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2019, 10:50:49 am »

I'd personally change it to be a soft 24 hour limit, rather than a hard one. That would let people post after the deadline and still be able to play, but they can't guarantee that you won't have posted the turn before they complete their actions.

Alternatively, I'd recommend announcing that actions are locked in and then starting the turn, so you don't have that awkward moment where you're about to post the turn and get the new message notification from someone who just finally posted their actions.

I'm not sure on the title. We never really had more than two combat units each at a time, so SquadCraft doesn't feel quite right. If the squad cap was upped, or if workers didn't count towards it, (maybe with their own cap of 1 + owned fudge pools?) it would fit better.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2019, 10:52:19 am »

Btw since the match is over, the prohibition on viewing opponent and spectator spoilers has lifted.
I know, I've been looking. There just really wasn't any actual 'Strong unit vs strong unit' matches for me to judge off of.

Any ideas for a title?
I kind of like something KitRougard said. Tactical Hell.

Do you think the timelimits were too harsh or I enforced them too strictly? Exact text:
I'm pretty sure Tactical Hell is the name of another game on here.

Also, nah, it probably didn't help my reaction that the turn came when I was tired and ornery.

I'd personally change it to be a soft 24 hour limit, rather than a hard one. That would let people post after the deadline and still be able to play, but they can't guarantee that you won't have posted the turn before they complete their actions.

Alternatively, I'd recommend announcing that actions are locked in and then starting the turn, so you don't have that awkward moment where you're about to post the turn and get the new message notification from someone who just finally posted their actions.
One of these would probably help as well.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2019, 11:06:22 am »

Did the game feel like it dragged on/should have ended sooner. Did it feel too short?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:53:00 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2019, 04:38:48 pm »

Hey thanks for playing everyone. Any last comments before I close this up?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2019, 04:40:50 pm »

Nah, I think the game length was okay. Just feels a bit weird to win by double default.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12