Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Too many tavern dwellers  (Read 979 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Too many tavern dwellers
« on: June 25, 2019, 02:21:57 pm »

How do I get rid of all these fuckers? They all arrived as soon as my tavern was built

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Im thinking of walling them in the tavern. And dfhacking a shit ton of magma in there.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Too many tavern dwellers
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 02:30:26 pm »

Dwarf Fortress/data/init/d_init.txt

Set the visitor cap to whatever you like. Works with already genned worlds too IIRC.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 02:41:29 pm »

Thank you! Two questions. How do I get rid of them now. And also why did they all suddenly come at once?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 02:52:54 pm »

Probably heard you were having an awesome pool party down by the magma forges. It would be quite impolite to refuse them, don't you think?

Some people like to travel in groups. It's more fun that way I guess.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 02:55:27 pm »

I guess by group you mean this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNFcDBHqK-s

Obsidian 1053

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 03:08:03 pm »

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 04:06:12 pm »

Well I think I know the issue. Apparently there are quester parties. And since theyre all hunting for the same artifact I assume that theyre a party. I dont know why theyre hunting for some random goblet in a random fortress thats about 5 days from where it got lost.

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 04:24:37 pm »

Well I gave them all a nice magma bath with my dfhack magic! Problem is a lot of them were carrying artifacts so I hope their civs dont siege me up the butthole cause I gave all their precious artifacts a magma bath. I dont think my hobbits want to be genocided over a missing apricot wood ring or some shit
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 04:26:16 pm by UselessMcMiner »

Obsidian 1053

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 02:28:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure artifacts are indestructible

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 04:07:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure artifacts are indestructible
They can be destroyed by atom-smashing, but supposedly respawn on retiring/abandoning the fort.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 05:02:41 pm »

Ah ok thats nice to know. And I dont need to worry cause my halflings are doing genociding all on their own!

Obsidian 1053