Poll

What Side are You on

Ethereals
- 10 (50%)
XCOM
- 10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: XCOM Arms Race II : Enemy Unknown  (Read 4832 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM Arms Race II : Enemy Unknown
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2019, 09:24:11 pm »

A man sits, smoking on top of a ruined concrete foundation. It was the home of six, a mother, a father, a teenage son with a addiction to violent video games, his girlfriend, and a set of twins, once a upon a time. XCOM fought to protect them from the big bad etherials, and they failed this time around.

His red mohawk gleams in the sunlight, his scoured and pot-marked armor had seen better days, as has his gnarled, burned hands, treated by once impossible procedures to fight again.

"You are one ugly son of a bitch, aren't you?"

To his front and left was the smoking corpse of an ugly, ugly alien. Its limbs were twisted in odd angles as some organ in it slowly emptied out of gas in a slow "fllbbbbbbb" sound, humorously sounding like a fart coming out of its mouth, or throat wound, it was hard to tell.

Bepkos gun had six rounds to go, and judging from the chittering in the distance, he would only need one.

X-Com.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2019, 10:17:44 pm »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 01:59:55 am »

Avanti!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 12:47:20 pm »

Observer, sorry
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 03:25:50 pm »

X-COM of course.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 04:42:55 pm »

I'm joining the Xenonauts X-Divison NAMBLA EXALT ADVENT INSERT ORGANIZATION THAT ISN'T XCOM HERE XCOM side. Vigilo motherfucking confido.

Also, the third XCOM arms race should be set in a XCOM 2 setting, where the events of the original game were just a simulation (if we don't get our asses curbstomped a few months in), and humanity actually got their asses kicked, and it takes 20 years to find where the commander is held captive by the aliens, prepare a retrieval operation, and generally get the resistance ready for a second war.
it's over

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 08:33:12 pm »

Aaaaah how did it take me 24+ hours to see this. I am very happy to see this reborn and I will once again be rejoining XCOM to lead the human race to victory.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 09:34:40 pm »

Someone said they thought the Ethereals would be more popular, forgetting that the humans are usually the most popular side in any game with multiple species. People like humans, for some reason.
Long Live United Forenia!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 09:38:59 pm »

Humans have less posts and pages right now, literally less then half the amount of posts as currently there is 20 XCOM thread posts and 44 Alien thread posts, and two XCOM thread pages while the aliens have three, so there's at least some truth to it, though maybe the aliens are just being more arguementive, who knows. But it was the smaller XCOM thread that made me decide to join them again instead of doing the aliens this time.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 12:30:27 am »

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest people should feel bad about joining XCOM. There are (currently) enough people in the Ethereal thread (although we'll see how many stick around). I was simply commenting on the earlier comment by Fallacy:
Joining XCOM because aliens are cooler and will probably end up getting more players.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 02:01:56 pm »

Anyway, I'd prefer to update soonish, so if you still want to vote, please do so soonish.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 08:10:57 pm »

Well, I need mah Arms Race fix, time ta kick some alien arse.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2019, 06:33:33 am »

So, I dunno about XCOM, but it doesn't seem like our votes are going to shift much.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2019, 06:48:49 am »

I'm currently writing the XCOM update, so the votes better stay where they are.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2019, 04:40:32 pm »

Ey, humies. Your mother was a bureaucrat and your father ate crayons!

Avanti!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4