Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64354 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Explosive Action
« Reply #570 on: August 22, 2019, 12:53:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don’t know where the zoo is. I’ll let Frost and/or Alice do the talking here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Day Breaks
« Reply #571 on: August 22, 2019, 01:06:22 pm »

Cromer Pier
I don’t know where the zoo is. I’ll let Frost and/or Alice do the talking here.
As the others talk, Amoretto vaguely remembers seeing a sign to the zoo when he passed under a railway bridge on the way to Cromer...
Spoiler: Memories (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 22, 2019, 01:37:18 pm »

(Thanks. My memory is frequently not as good as my characters’.)

“I saw a sign for the zoo about a mile south of here, at the railway, that said the zoo was northwest. I’m not sure where specifically it is relative to us right now, but it’s west of us, and it’s not likely to be terribly far.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 22, 2019, 02:23:07 pm »

El Tigre pushes the twitching hunk of junk out of the way. He looks to Vlad and pats him on the back, "Hoho, you fight well señor! Let's clean up the rest of them."

Give a thumbs up to the audience members, and a one-handed chest beat for the camera drone. Follow the doggos (doggoes?) into the resturant.

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 22, 2019, 02:52:28 pm »

El Tigre pushes the twitching hunk of junk out of the way. He looks to Vlad and pats him on the back, "Hoho, you fight well señor! Let's clean up the rest of them."

Give a thumbs up to the audience members, and a one-handed chest beat for the camera drone. Follow the doggos (doggoes?) into the resturant.

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)
Vladislav shakes his hand in pain before looking at the fellow fighter.

"You too fight well, fellow man of fighting," Vladislav said before following after the dogs while trying to shake off the pain in his wrist.and smiling with an infectious positivity at the cameras. Just like in the old rings of GLORIOUS ARSTOTZKA

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 03:27:03 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 22, 2019, 03:12:09 pm »

Try to expand senses to see from my body’s eyes and the Nexus

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 22, 2019, 04:41:26 pm »

Issac considered that he should probably exercise some degree of caution about what he goes around telling children. Were the people dead? They seemed a bit sullen, but that hardly seemed out of the ordinary in a post-apocalyptic world. For now it seemed wise to gently discourage her behavior.

"That's quite the accusation. Do you have any evidence of this?"

"Well, even if you do there are good reasons for you to stay here. Take it from me its dangerous on the other side of these walls! Robot dogs and raiders prowl the lands and these are some of the more mundane threats. Do you even know where you would go if you decided to head out on your own?"

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 12:52:20 am by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 22, 2019, 07:20:10 pm »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Fu-
Swim back to shore

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 22, 2019, 11:04:00 pm »

(No tallies?)

Look back at the explosions.  Be dismayed at the destruction of the chemical plant.. might have been the most important building in the city.  Also see if the fires are burning down.  If it looks like things are getting under control, look around to gather food and fuel, having a proper campfire might be of some use.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:16:51 am by Devastator »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 23, 2019, 12:47:50 am »

I... Should have stayed inside...
Ben runs for the exit while he pulls out a screwdriver from his toolbelt and throws it for one of the robo-hound's cameras.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 23, 2019, 05:39:50 am »

"Looks like we've been made, and given that I'm gonna see if I can't kill me a dog."
Climb down the building and chase after the dogs.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 23, 2019, 07:24:58 pm »

(I need to go to bed, so no update until Sunday. But instead enjoy this brief interlude...)

Tower of London
Somewhere outside a raven caws and pecks at a half-metal corpse. At her desk in the tower, Ray sips her coffee. It's black. She would have preferred it white, but all the cows are dead. Most of London is dead. She takes a puff of a cigarillo. Plenty of these left. No reason to hope for old age either, why not smoke? She glances at the map in front of her, pinstruck with flags. The river has been weirdly quiet these last two days. The screen in the stomach of the man strung up on the stone wall, gagged, unconscious, flickers on. She's been getting snatches of this show all day. Almost like they want her to catch the frequency.

The screeny is grainy, the footage shot from on high. Two men, one masked, take out a cyberlion, a god damn cyberlion, with a flip and a flurry of blows. These are mutants. Her brothers and sisters. And hell! They can fight! The building behind them has a sign peeking out from the vines. WALT NORCOM. She picks up a walkie-talkie from the desk. Live batteries are like gold dust, but she doesn't need them. The LED on the handset lights up when she touches the case.

"It's time," she says, when the line is picked up. "Boys and girls, we're heading to Norwich!"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Brief Interlude
« Reply #582 on: August 26, 2019, 04:25:29 pm »

-Poke-
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 26, 2019, 08:15:35 pm »

Walt Labs
while trying to shake off the pain in his wrist.and smiling with an infectious positivity at the cameras. Just like in the old rings of GLORIOUS ARSTOTZKA
Try to expand senses to see from my body’s eyes and the Nexus
I... Should have stayed inside...
Ben runs for the exit while he pulls out a screwdriver from his toolbelt and throws it for one of the robo-hound's cameras.
"Looks like we've been made, and given that I'm gonna see if I can't kill me a dog."
Climb down the building and chase after the dogs.
[El Tigre rolled 5+1+1empathy+1terra=8]
[Vladislav rolled 5+4+2weird=11]
[Sandra rolled 6+2+1connexion=9]
[Ben rolled 5+4-1body+1toolbelt=9]
[Goldstine rolled 3+2+1body+1veteran+1rebar+1redcap=9]
El Tigre looks good for camera, and it zooms in, taking in him and the other fighter. Vladislav beams and shakes the pain away in a wave of euphoric optimism. Everyone else around feels slightly more positive about the situation, running headlong into a fight with the razor-tooth dogs.

Sandra snaps to, back in the world outside of Walt Labs. She has a strange flash sense of the area. Something's not quite right, like there's a hole in the world that everyone is ignoring. Then the sense fades. She sees everyone rush into the ruined restaurant.

Ben lobs a screwdriver at a cyberdog and runs out. It doesn't even scratch the dog, but he manages to escape the building unharmed. Goldstine and Red Cap run down the stairs and meet the dogs as they're coming up them. Goldstine lamps one of them in the face with his rebar club, smashing its metal teeth in, but the other latches on to his leg, cutting deep. Red Cap jams at it with his pike, but misses.

El Tigre and Vladislav get to the bottom of the stairs, behind the two cyberdogs.

El Tigre & Vladislav gain +1 kudos.
Vladislav loses condition.
Ben loses a screwdriver.
Goldstine gains condition: cut leg

Gated Community
"That's quite the accusation. Do you have any evidence of this?"

"Well, even if you do there are good reasons for you to stay here. Take it from me its dangerous on the other side of these walls! Robot dogs and raiders prowl the lands and these are some of the more mundane threats. Do you even know where you would go if you decided to head out on your own?"

[Isaac rolled 3+1-2empathy+1church+1lawyer=4]
"Ugh, better to risk it out there than in this fish barrel," says Tas. "I'm not telling you where I'd go."

The girl turns back to her farming, uncommunicative. As Issac goes to walk away, Tas says loudly, "What's wrong with your arm, man? That doesn't look normal." A few other children look on in interest at this outburst.

Goldstine gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Stepping Stones
Swim back to shore
[Irma rolled 4+2+0body=6]
Irma is sucked under the flow and tries to take a gasp of air but ends up breathing water. Everything is black and she's drowning!

Irma gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Irma gains condition: drowning.

Retail Park
Look back at the explosions.  Be dismayed at the destruction of the chemical plant.. might have been the most important building in the city.  Also see if the fires are burning down.  If it looks like things are getting under control, look around to gather food and fuel, having a proper campfire might be of some use.
[Sandeep rolled 5+6+1wits-1cuthead=11]
The fires are burning on south. If anything they seem to be growing, spreading... Sandeep gets to work gathering food and fuel. There's plenty of wood here and he snaps off a good bundle that will serve a decent camp fire. As for food, while the retail units here were long ago picked over he does spot rabbits nibbling at some young nettles. They could be boiled or fried for food. All it would take is a fire and maybe something metal to cook on.

Cromer Pier -> Cromer Station
“I saw a sign for the zoo about a mile south of here, at the railway, that said the zoo was northwest. I’m not sure where specifically it is relative to us right now, but it’s west of us, and it’s not likely to be terribly far.
The gang set off west, following the ocean, but heading further inland. They come to the crumbling halls of the main railway station, its raised tracks winding off west. The town disappears into thick forest, overtaking the buildings. Somewhere, beyond the trees to the south, something howls...

Amoretto gains +1 tally for exploration.

Spoiler: Cromer (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Brief Interlude
« Reply #584 on: August 26, 2019, 08:25:56 pm »

Try to remember where the hole is
In the Nexus
“Helen, when I reconnected, I felt a hole that everyone is ignoring, though the sensation lasted a few seconds then it was gone. Did you feel something similar the first few times connecting with your body?”
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44