Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64517 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Slipping Away
« Reply #375 on: July 18, 2019, 03:54:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"...ah. Hmn. I think we can take the time to be cautious, in that case."

Also, while we're on our way:
"By the way, who are [these 'Hunters' and] 'the Church' you mentioned? Who else is actually out here?"
(I put the Hunters part in brackets because I don't remember if I've asked about them before.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 18, 2019, 04:01:23 pm »

Based on the fact that he was given the keys to a home with three bedrooms, Issac figured that it was probably not out of the ordinary around here for several people to share a domicile. With that in mind, he decided against leaving any questionable objects such as syringes here.

Curious about what all the commotion was about, Issac decided to head outside locking the door behind him, then approaching where the people had gathered.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 18, 2019, 04:06:43 pm »

+2 to body with 10 tallies.

Try to move inside the rhino's turning radius, to jump on top of it and look for a vulnerable point to shove the razortail.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 18, 2019, 04:21:40 pm »

Get inside the academy. Maybe I can find somewhere to sleep inside the building

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 18, 2019, 04:49:55 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

El Tigre looks at the blueprint, trying to figure out what to do. He studies it carefully, noting where to avoid. "And you are sure this won't make her go all...murderous again, si?"

He then approaches Helen.

"Sorry señorita, I don't mean to get all up in your buisness."

El Tigre mends the plating that he busted up earlier using his vice grip hands.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 19, 2019, 12:49:49 am »

Spoiler: Miss Smirnov (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:59:47 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 19, 2019, 04:25:12 am »

Proper post half written, but rolling the new mutation first:

Tasha Smirnov gained the mutation:

Internal Gyroscope
A system of spinning weights in your guts constantly adjusts your centre of gravity, giving you incredible balance.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 19, 2019, 05:36:08 am »

(I put the Hunters part in brackets because I don't remember if I've asked about them before.)
This is I think the only thing you know about hunters:
"You really don't know anything do you?" says Cass. "Or is this a test? The Eyes of Gaia kill to keep the wilderness wild, Hunters kill for the sport of it, both will kill you just the same..."

Roughton
"...ah. Hmn. I think we can take the time to be cautious, in that case."

Also, while we're on our way:
"By the way, who are [these 'Hunters' and] 'the Church' you mentioned? Who else is actually out here?"
[Amoretto rolled 6+5+0empathy+1keep=12]
Amoretto sits in the cart as the others cycle along the back road northwest of the village of Roughton with its timbered houses covered in ivy.

"The Hunters are bio-robots who hunt people like us for sport. They're those weird animals you helped us with," says Cass.

"The Church of the New Millennium are bloody zombies who don't know they've killed themselves," says Frog.

"That's not quite true," says Dell. "They're people-"

"-They're not people!" snaps Frog.

"They're people who believe God has returned to Earth and they're spreading around trying to convert people like us. They're like the opposite of all the Rapturists who believe they're living in heaven up there," Dell points to the darkening sky.

"There are worse people out there," says Cass. "Selfish survivalists like..." She suddenly hushes as the bike turns the corner and the view opens up from beyond the tall hedgerows.

They pass along the north side of a small lake. There's a small house next to the water, smoke is winding its way from the chimney. Chickens run around. Ducks quack happily on the water. An old man with grizzled white hair is leaning back in a deck chair with a fishing rod in his hands. He wakes up and looks at the people on the bike.

"Not safe to be out here at night, folks," he says. "You need a barn to kip in?"

Amoretto gains +1 tally for exploration.

Gated Community
Curious about what all the commotion was about, Issac decided to head outside locking the door behind him, then approaching where the people had gathered.
[Isaac rolled 6+1+3wits=10]
Isaac stays quiet and surveys the scene. Everyone is talking about how a madwoman snuck in, destroyed their beacon and stole a tractor, smashing it through the gate.

"What are we going to do now!" a woman in a blue dress cries. Everyone is talking about how the monstrous robots will be able to find them now that the beacon isn't there jamming their signal. A grey faced man in dark glasses is looking at a smashed black box.

Father Michael calms the assembled people. "We will fetch more jamming equipment from Ipswich. Until then, we need to work together to fix this fence. Everyone is on double-patrol duty tonight."

Bingo Hall
+2 to body with 10 tallies.

Try to move inside the rhino's turning radius, to jump on top of it and look for a vulnerable point to shove the razortail.
[Sandeep rolled 5+3+2body=10]
[Sandeep rolled 5+4+2body+1razortail=12]
His muscles suddenly bulging, adrenaline kicking, Sandeep swivels away as the rhino charges. He catches hold of one of the spikes that line the rhino's body and he pulls himself onto it. There's a spot where a crossbow bolt is sticking out, the armor plates peeled away from it. He jams the razortail through the gap. It sparks wildly, the rhino bucks and twitches and then its legs give out and collapses in a great furrow of earth. The red glow behind its camera eyes flickers off.

Sandeep has lost 1 rep with Hunters.

Academy
Get inside the academy. Maybe I can find somewhere to sleep inside the building
[Sandra rolled 5+1+2wits=8]
Sandra finds an open window to climb through into the academy. Incomprehensible graffiti is scrawled across the many classrooms. The remains of chairs and tables lie in broken clusters, some burnt up. Sandra curls up among a pile of old gym mats to sleep. Her stomach rumbles.

Sandra is hungry.

County Council
El Tigre mends the plating that he busted up earlier using his vice grip hands.
[El Tigre rolled 3+1+1weird+1blueprints=6]
"I should be fine," says Helen. "They put a blocker on my comm unit while they were controlling me. You destroyed it in the fight."

El Tigre begins bending the plates as indicated on the blueprints. Midway through there's a horrible snap. His stomach sinks as the plating clangs to the floor.

"You damned fool," Natrix hisses.

"It's fine. I'll be fine," says Helen. "I should have know that wouldn't work. I'll... I'll just have to go with Plan B in the morning."

El Tigre gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Walt Labs
[Tasha rolled 6+1+0weird=7]
The pod hisses open, cold mists peels off. Tasha Smirnov blinks slowly awake. Did it work? Is this the future? She clambers out of the pod and catches her foot on the way out. Instead of sprawling on the floor, she trips and falls almost all the way but keeps her balance on her feet, her centre of gravity shifting automatically.

She looks around the room. It's dark, lit only by the dim icy glow of the pods. This wasn't where she was originally frozen. She searches the other pods. Most are empty, though a few still have people in. One of the empty pods bears a label... her father's name.

She searches the building. It's in disarray, looted, the windows clogged with vines. Peering out of the windows, there's only a crumbling overgrown cityscape beyond. Something terrible has happened.

Everyone (unless you're currently in an unresolved fight)
It's nearly nightfall, can you let me know what you want to do to pass the night (i.e where you're sleeping, or what you're doing if you want to stay up all night).

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Night Falls
« Reply #383 on: July 19, 2019, 06:20:25 am »

Quote from: Gm Post.
Walt Labs
Quote from: AbstractTraitorHero on July 18, 2019, 09:49:49 pm
[Tasha rolled 6+1+0weird=7]
The pod hisses open, cold mists peels off. Tasha Smirnov blinks slowly awake. Did it work? Is this the future? She clambers out of the pod and catches her foot on the way out. Instead of sprawling on the floor, she trips and falls almost all the way but keeps her balance on her feet, her center of gravity shifting automatically.

She looks around the room. It's dark, lit only by the dim icy glow of the pods. This wasn't where she was originally frozen. She searches the other pods. Most are empty, though a few still have people in. One of the empty pods bears a label... her father's name.

She searches the building. It's in disarray, looted, the windows clogged with vines. Peering out of the windows, there's only a crumbling overgrown cityscape beyond. Something terrible has happened.

Tasha awakens by nearly tripping over herself, certainly not the best start. The faint feeling of the strangeness of awkwardness in their gut at such a graceful save is swept aside by one thing. The dim icy glow of pods in a building where nightfall has clearly enough fallen, her father's name on a pod opened. Tasha's blue eyes sweeping the room in a panic, an icy sense of dread, a feeling of weight in her gut hard and powerful and making her knees shake.

"No, no no!"

Tasha's feet sputtering against the ground unnaturally balanced, blue eyes flickering staring at the ruined and decrypt building. She was at a window quickly and the decrypt landscape of her former home? Of her city with her father, her elderly father out in what looked like something straight out of the walking dead or any number of cheesy post-apocalyptic shows she'd sometimes binge at home. Tasha's lip was being bitten, hands having been dirtied on the window sill as she breaths in all the air she can.

A dirty hand runs through her hair, her stomach feels weird, her sense of movement appears to be different, the world appears to be destroyed and her father is missing...and she'd only woken up now, it wasn't a good sign.

"Hallucinating m-maybe?"

Tasha was kidding herself, this felt way too real, but...Tasha didn't know anything, didn't know what was wrong with her, why she was in a different place, where her father was, how long it'd been or even what the hell could have possibly done this to her home city.

Nonetheless, she's going to for the night check around this building, food, a weapon, any clues to her father or others. Anything could help and she wasn't going to be able to sleep pent up like this, even if she'd personally advise her patient's to sleep anyway, preferably with some sleeping pills as an aid.

"Doubt that I'll find anything like that in this place anyway."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:24:09 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 19, 2019, 07:26:26 am »

If the others think we can trust this guy, then yeah, let’s spend the night here.
Maybe I’d be able to do some repair work around the place with my engineering skills and my thumb blowtorch?

It also occurs to me that I should be asking the guys I'm with about their group...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 05:02:27 pm by Glass »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 19, 2019, 07:49:35 am »

Search for something to eat, then sleep

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2019, 08:21:15 am »

"You follow me as long as you want, also what are you, are you a robot or is that a mask? But for now I'm gonna go to sleep and figure out what I'm doing in the morning."
Search the train yard for a boxcar I can get into and shut the door and go to sleep.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Collateral Damage
« Reply #387 on: July 19, 2019, 08:31:29 am »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)
Tim Tam stops. Like, really stops, in the exact pose they were in.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 19, 2019, 09:19:58 am »

Two mutations please, let's get weird.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2019, 09:41:12 am »

You can have a seventh stat point. Nevermind, I’m confused.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44