Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64728 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Fight or Flight
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2019, 01:30:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Amoretto puts up his burning thumb by Cass.
"Maybe if we heat the bolt, it'll be able to do some damage to those things."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2019, 01:46:34 pm »

Go south

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2019, 02:47:42 pm »

High Bridge
"Maybe if we heat the bolt, it'll be able to do some damage to those things."
[Amoretto rolls 1+6+2weird=9]
Amoretto flicks his burning thumb over the head of Cass's next crossbow bolt. "Let's give this a shot..." she says.

The bolt flies true and smacks into the carapace of the cyberrhino. It starts burning the skin beneath when the beast pauses and whips its morningstar tail at its own side. The fire is instantly quenched, but it leaves a huge crack in the carapace as one of the metal plates drops off.

Arena
First things first, look for any highground.
[El Tigre rolled 3+3+0wits=6]
El Tigre scans the scene, but this isn't like any of the wrestling arenas he's fought in, there are no top ropes, only a huge empty field of fresh scorched earth.

As he's looking around, the Tentacoiler crawls towards him, and suddenly whips out one of its expanding arms, which wraps about El Tigre's ankle!

El Tigre gains condition: grabbed by the ankle

El Tigre gains +1 tally for critical failure

Terraces
Use my new whiskers to get a feel for the terraces through the air currents, and explore for something interesting.
[Theodore rolled 4+2+2weird=8]
Up high, Theodore feels the air about him. He senses a great rumbling thing on the ground to the southwest. He feels a throb of power from a room in the tallest tower before him. He senses many small bodies moving together to the north. He also senses that very soon black clouds will cover the sky and it will begin to rain.

Residential Sycamore Woods
Go south
Sandra walks south and finds herself in a half-crumbled series of overgrown streets, sycamore trees everywhere. She walks into a clearing where there is a great molten pile of metal. It smells freshly melted. After walking about the trees and twists of covered streets, Sandra wonders whether she's becoming lost. Every now and then she hears the scrape of metal on brick, or the sudden snap of a branch.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2019, 02:49:26 pm »

[grinning] "Nice. Let's try that again, same place hopefully."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2019, 02:59:56 pm »

head towards the sound of metal on metal, if a person is found, mention that I am not a threat

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2019, 03:27:47 pm »

head towards the sound of metal on metal, if a person is found, mention that I am not a threat
[Sandra rolled 4+4+1empathy=9]
Sandra walks through the woods until she sees what looks like a hunched over woman with a huge basket on her back.

"I mean you no harm!" she says to the woman.

As she gets closer, she sees its no person, but rather a six-legged robot about the height of a person, with a basket of roots and seeds upon its back and several claw-like hands. If has a swivelling dome camera for a head, a high antennae and solid tube where its mouth would be.

"You are human..." it whispers as it trundles towards her. "You mean to destroy the trees and kill the animals. Your place isn't here..."

(Will wait to hear from others before another bridge update.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2019, 03:42:08 pm »

say to the robot, “I may be a human, but I don’t mean to kill the animals or destroy the trees. I woke up in the labs not too long ago, and I only wish to learn about this new world I find myself in. My name is Sandra, and I am a teacher. Do you think I can help with anything?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:15:42 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2019, 03:44:03 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Grab that tentacle and crush it with my vicegrip!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2019, 04:04:52 pm »

Issac informs Kam to wait until after he harvested these Gooseberries. If the residents are not friendly then we won't be able to do this easily after getting their attention.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2019, 05:08:57 pm »

Character sheet:

After Isaac gathers the gooseberries, get someone's attention. Confuse any hostiles.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Not Alone!
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2019, 08:29:36 pm »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)

Once again, Tim Tam goes for a speeding strike. This time however, she aims the pipe end first to try and gouge through the machines eye.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2019, 09:23:07 pm »

Try to grab one of the cyberwolf's limbs and bite through it.  That might slow it down enough to let me escape should this go badly.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2019, 04:53:07 am »

High Bridge
[grinning] "Nice. Let's try that again, same place hopefully."
[Amoretto rolled 3+4+2weird=9]
He repeats the trick and the bolt rings true, burning into the rhino's flesh. It makes the sudden decision to careen off the edge of the bridge to land with an immense splash in the water below. As it does, the three cyberdogs appear and begin to gain ground on the bike.

say to the robot, “I may be a human, but I don’t mean to kill the animals or destroy the trees. I woke up in the labs not too long ago, and I only wish to learn about this new world I find myself in. My name is Sandra, and I am a teacher. Do you think I can help with anything?
[Sandra rolled 4+1+1empathy+1teacher=7]
There's a tense moment when she's not sure if the robot it about to chuck a sapling at her, but then it whispers, "Many others don't think so, but I can see the value in select human allies. But we can't trust just anyone. If you could help us, then I could tell you whatever you wish about the world. There are many things we need to do here. There's a Hunter-Snatcher to the west that is capturing animals that we haven't been able to stop. Someone is burning plants on the road south of here, but our signals are jammed when we get near. There's a castle to the north filled with human supremacists, we wish to know their plans. Does any of this seem like something you could help with, human?"

Arena
Grab that tentacle and crush it with my vicegrip!
[El Tigre rolled 4+1+1weird+1luchadore=7]
El Tigre snaps off the tentacle and it uncoils about him, but as he does, there's a wicked lash from one of the other arms which hits him full in the stomach, temporarily winding him.

El Tigre is winded.

Gated Community
Issac informs Kam to wait until after he harvested these Gooseberries. If the residents are not friendly then we won't be able to do this easily after getting their attention.
After Isaac gathers the gooseberries, get someone's attention. Confuse any hostiles.
Isaac gathers up some gooseberries and then the pair of them approach the gate. It's a tall iron entranceway with an intercom grill on one side and a camera up above. The camera whirrs to face them.

"Welcome travellers!" a warm, rich voice says from the intercom. "Have you come to ascend to the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth with us?"

Isaac has gained Pockets full of Gooseberries.

Flooded School
Once again, Tim Tam goes for a speeding strike. This time however, she aims the pipe end first to try and gouge through the machines eye.
Try to grab one of the cyberwolf's limbs and bite through it.  That might slow it down enough to let me escape should this go badly.
[Tim Tam rolls 4+4+2weird+1iron=11]
[Sandeep rolls 3+4+1weird=8]
With alacrity she smashes out the cyberwolf's second camera eye. Sandeep latches onto the blind wolf's tail, snapping it off in his jaws. It immediately begins to hurtle away to the northwest, barrelling through the chainlink fence, tearing itself further.

The fight is over, and the pair are left to consider their next move.

Sandeep has gained a Razor-Tipped Cyberwolf Tail.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2019, 05:07:10 am »

High Bridge

[Sandra rolled 4+1+1empathy+1teacher=7]
There's a tense moment when she's not sure if the robot it about to chuck a sapling at her, but then it whispers, "Many others don't think so, but I can see the value in select human allies. But we can't trust just anyone. If you could help us, then I could tell you whatever you wish about the world. There are many things we need to do here. There's a Hunter-Snatcher to the west that is capturing animals that we haven't been able to stop. Someone is burning plants on the road south of here, but our signals are jammed when we get near. There's a castle to the north filled with human supremacists, we wish to know their plans. Does any of this seem like something you could help with, human?"

” I should be able to help. Since your signals get jammed in the south, I will go there and stop the burning, then deal with the hunter, then go to the castle. Goodbye for now, and thank you.” Head south and search for the plant burning source and for whatever is jamming signals
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 07:37:21 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Making friends!
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2019, 06:26:18 am »

“Alright everyone, brace again.”
Sonic boom, directed behind us (which, given we’re on a bridge, also means at the cyberdogs).
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44