Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76392 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D3
« Reply #495 on: May 29, 2019, 08:17:05 pm »

Why are we voting for Kit and Tric over the fact that they might be lying about their night actions when we haven't heard any reason why RGU, NQT, or Superdorf couldn't be cult as well. DA at least has claimed his night actions.

And since some of y'all are going to ask for my Night actions. For the record I targeted Kit N1, so I probably hit Tric instead, but I might have also been blocked. Last night I targeted NQT.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 29, 2019, 09:21:17 pm »

I really, really think that wouldn't clear him at all. While it's possible that both did visit hector13, there's no possible case in which TricMagic would be cult and KitRougard not, since KitRougard wouldn't have transformed into a green goo otherwise. So, if TricMagic visited hector13 and didn't target KitRougard with his mimic, then KitRougard did target hector13 and is also a cultist.
Yes, that's my point. If Tric is lynched and flips as cult, then Kit is also cult and we can lynch him tomorrow. If Tric flips as town then Kit is also likely town, or at least not cult.

Plus if we can agree on who the most likely person to be scum is (since I'm not comfortable counting King as definite scum) then I can at least shoot that person tonight, which I can't do for black goos.

Oh, I see now. I thought that by "clear" you meant to say clear him as town. If he flips cult, then that means KitRougard is also part of the cult. I'm not exactly comfortable leaving a potential scum with a kill alive, though. If we lynch one of the suspected cultists and scum kills, then that would leave, in the worst case possible, 1 cultists, 1 scum and 2 town alive (or even less depending on if Deus also decides to kill) This would almost certainly end with town losing, unless we get very, very lucky.

In the other hand, if we lynch the scum, we would stop the kill, leaving us with 3 townies and 2 cultists. Then it would be an easy win since the cultists can't use any actions because of being green goo. Which is why I would prefer that Superdorf, who is probably the nightkiller, lynched or killed. The cultists aren't priority now that we know there is someone with a night kill.

By the way, I don't think the black goo ability is passed to the cultists by reading the role's description, so it's safe to try to kill one of them during the night and lynch the other. It wouldn't really matter to be turned into green goo in the last night if that would end the game in a town win. Another thing we could try is to target Deus with our night abilities, since he's kill immune, so he confirms our roles by seeing which abilities he gets during the night. That would be safer than, say, claiming in the thread so the killer knows who to target during the night.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 29, 2019, 09:25:30 pm »

You want me to claim my night actions? Sure. I don't have any night actions. I apparently stole one from Deus Asmoth last night (sorry about that), so I'll be using that now, but until now all I've had is a couple passives and this one day action that never seems to work. My abilities have been painfully useless all game; this cop-steal marks the first time I've seen anything useful come of them.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2019, 09:35:00 pm »

So, basically, there's no way to confirm what did you do during the night or who did you visit? How can we know you're not lying right now?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 29, 2019, 09:37:31 pm »

I haven't done anything for you to confirm these past two nights, but I can tell you this: I've been trying to perform an Autopsy on Maximum Spin for three days now to try and confirm NQT's vig kill, and it's come up blank every single time. Does that help?

klonk
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 30, 2019, 08:15:12 am »

What do you mean when you say it "came up blank"? Can you be more specific?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 30, 2019, 08:33:32 am »

I assume it's this, from the Xylbot role list:

0% Forensics Expert (town; super-rare; 10+ players): You may perform an autopsy on a dead player, possibly giving you information about that player's killer. This role's actions always fail. Actions: (day)autopsy

Basically, a day action that does nothing. Since it's a day ability, it doesn't mean that he hasn't visited anyone during the night either.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 30, 2019, 08:36:31 am »

Can you let him answer the question for himself please?
Sigtext

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 30, 2019, 09:12:21 am »

Deus Asmoth, I hereby find you guilty of attempting to start a bandwagon against a known town member, using my hate-vote as a stepping stone.

I didn't even realize I had baited you in my wrath until I actually woke in a cold sweat last night.

Anyone need a better explanation of why Deus needs lynched?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 30, 2019, 09:45:57 am »

Deus Asmoth, I hereby find you guilty of attempting to start a bandwagon against a known town member, using my hate-vote as a stepping stone.

I didn't even realize I had baited you in my wrath until I actually woke in a cold sweat last night.

Anyone need a better explanation of why Deus needs lynched?
Sure. Can you explain how Tric is known town at this point, how your vote has any impact on the point I raised against Tric and also how you've suddenly changed your mind about whether Tric should be lynched now that there's an actual danger of it happening?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 30, 2019, 09:53:41 am »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Friday May 31st, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(0)Superdorf -
(2)TricMagic - Deus Asmoth, Superdorf
(0)Persus13 -
(1)KitRougard - notquitethere
(0)randomgenericusername -
(2)Deus Asmoth - TricMagic, KitRougard
(0)notquitethere -
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - Persus13, randomgenericusername

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 30, 2019, 09:56:37 am »

No problem! I realized Tric was pro town when I thought about that easy lynch from Nosy Neighbor D1.
You raised a point against Tric BECAUSE there was potential to bandwagon them - If I hadn't voted them, you wouldn't have brought up a point.
I changed my mind because the initial vote was based on pure anger. It's still there, OH, TRUST ME, but I'm not listening to it now because its IQ is like 4.

Now here's an explanation of accidental top-tier gameplay everyone!

I vote Tric in a fit of rage. Scum/Cult see a chance to lynch an otherwise KNOWN townie, and start to build a case based upon my vote. I pull the rug out from under them when I get my emotional bearings back in check, watch them fall, and run them over. Make sense?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 30, 2019, 10:32:25 am »

What do you mean when you say it "came up blank"? Can you be more specific?

I was simply told my action failed. Every time. There's probably some kind of 0% modifier involved that I don't know about, but I've been using it anyway because I don't have anything else.

KitRougard

That easy lynch doesn't prove anything. Hector was cult and all, but he had a point-- Tric could easily have been third party D1. On top of that, we suspect Tric (and you) flipped cult D2.

I'm glad you're calming down a bit, but again: how is Tric confirmed town?

klonk
Sigtext

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 30, 2019, 10:50:40 am »

Ok, fine, they're not CONFIRMED. I'm just saying that Tric hasn't done anything stupid to out themselves as not-town, as would be the norm by now. They've actually been helpful, right up until I turned us into Green Goo and all our abilities went out the window.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 30, 2019, 10:55:47 am »

You underestimate Tric, methinks-- but never mind that. What's your opinion, then, on the "case" Deus built on him? Is there nothing worth pursuing there?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43