Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76494 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #405 on: May 27, 2019, 06:07:56 pm »

RGU: why are you joining a bandwagon on someone you say you don't even think is scum rather than trying to push your case on the only person you think could actually be on the scum team? What makes you think hector probably isn't scum but probably is third party?

I did say that I wasn't entirely sure about if we should lynch him, and that I didn't really want to unless we didn't find another possible suspect. With two scum dead already, I think it's possible that we got lucky and the scum team is actually dead. In that case, there's probably a third or two who are keeping the town from winning and the game from ending. Mostly a gut feeling, but the lack of night kill seems to support it. Then again, scum wasn't guaranteed to start with a kill.

And it's not that I think Superdorf is the only possible scum left, it's that he's the only who I didn't read as town, other than hector13. I don't have any other suspects, so I worked with what I had. I already attempted to push my case and even pressured him with a vote twice, and there isn't much else left for me to push.

After seeing how he reacted, I'm willing to leave it as him just making mistakes as a newbie trying a different strategy than the last game, at least for now. hector13, in the other hand, has been acting rather independent from town, and his actions feel disconnected from the town from my point of view. For example, during the whole Maximum Spin situation in D1, his problem was mostly with TricMagic's way of playing than an attempt to defend Maximum Spin, or at least that was my impression. He was also the first one to imply that scum might not have known that Maximum Spin was also part of the scum team. He also admits to not have been in either side.

Is Tric conftown for getting a guilty result on a player that doesn't even know they're mafia? 'cause, presumably... actually...

Shakerag: do mafia know if there's an amnesiac mafioso in the game, and who it is?

If they don't, they could've thought Tric was talking nonsense, given they wouldn't know Max was part of their team and thus worth defending. Also, if Max did flip town - as I imagine they would be expecting - they know Tric is next on the chopping block, so they wouldn't need to vote for him until then, because otherwise it looks totes suspish.

[...]

RGU

Okay, so if I'm understanding this right, TricMagic claimed Nosy Neighbor and was confirmed town for getting a scum report on Maximum Spin, which was correct since he did flip as scum. notquitethere also was the first one to vote for him, so he's probably also part of the town and not mafia. Same with Deus Asmoth, I doubt scum would bus one of their members so early and quickly.

Between those that were against the Maximum Spin lynch were Nirur Torir and hector13, I think. Nirur Torir later voted for Maximum Spin too, and I completely agreed with hector13's arguments against TricMagic, so I can see it as him just getting "confused" by TricMagic's bizarre logic. (By the way, I think it's obvious that IcyTea was killed by Maximum Spin's daykill.)

Out of everyone, Superdorf just seems the most likely to be scum. I'll try to build a case against him later, since I don't really have much time currently. Did I miss anything else?

See the stuff about amnesiac mafiosos in NQT's section, since I don't think the mafia team actually knew MaxSpin was a member, so basing any analysis on that is not a good idea until Shakerag informs us one way or another.

I was never against a MaxSpin lynch, I just wanted to understand why Tric made a cop claim hours into the start of the game, and why he targeted MaxSpin, because both of those things seemed to be not good play to me. He gave a sufficiently convincing explanation of why he at least targeted MaxSpin..
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 27, 2019, 06:26:06 pm »

TricMagic:
TricMagic:
TricMagic, did your PM when you became goo state that your alignment was town?

You and Persus had 2 votes on Rgun. NQT votes hector, then Persus jumps to vote hector. What did you think I would do over such a quick vote change when I thought the day was going to end?
That explains literally nothing about why you chose to vote for NQT. If anything it would imply you were suspicious of Persus.

RGU:
You're not sure if you want to lynch hector, but you're voting for him. You're giving Superdorf a newb-pass, you're not suspicious of the person you're now voting for and you read everyone else as town. Do you have a plan going forward or are you assuming that lynching hector ends the game?

And it's been pointed out already that there's no guarantee that king was scum.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 27, 2019, 06:31:31 pm »

Why are you so hung up on this Dues?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 27, 2019, 06:41:01 pm »

Why are you refusing to answer?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 27, 2019, 07:11:29 pm »

Because it is easy to say I'm town. As in line with my play, I will never say that outside of a mistake. Mostly for cases where it isn't true.

Likewise, we can only really trust Kit's that he is town. Not a very useful inquiry unless it's to try and lynch me off a personal gameplay point.

How does me saying "I'm Town" help any?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 27, 2019, 07:16:44 pm »

I think RGU was referring to Nirur and MaxSpin as the two scum.

kingawsum was a miller, just in case he was meaning him.

Anyhow, RGU, I’n not really liking this lack of questions for me if you don’t understand my game so far Why does me taking a different look at things than the majority make it more likely I’m anti-town anyway? I’m not sure why I’d want to stand out as either scum after a D1 daykill took out my teammate, or why I’d look to stand out as TP after that and a D1 SK lynch.

I’ve been drawing attention since D1, and helped direct a lynch away from someone who was inactive toward someone who was acting scummy, and we were rewarded with taking out anti-town.

Apparently making an effort to refine my reads makes me scum, but whatever. Not sure how much I’ll be able to post before the deadline, but in case this nonsense doesn’t change, Persus is #1 for scum, Superdorf #2. DA is town, don’t touch him. Any more than two scum remaining seems excessive, but I guess we can’t rule it out.

PPE: Tric, while I said I wouldn’t talk to you anymore, DA is actually trying to figure out if Kit is telling the truth by asking you if the PM you received telling you about changing to green goo says you were town, as Kit brought that up when he claimed he was changed to green goo.

You have a habit of taking any form of questioning as a personal attack or an effort to trip you up, it’s most bizarre :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 27, 2019, 07:20:02 pm »

Kinda a odd tack, why would Kit say he wasn't town?

Not sure on the personal attack front, but I never say whether I am town or not, mostly so I don't lie when I am mafia...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 27, 2019, 07:27:30 pm »

Kinda a odd tack, why would Kit say he wasn't town?

Not sure on the personal attack front, but I never say whether I am town or not, mostly so I don't lie when I am mafia...

No no, Kit brought up specifically that his PM that told him he was green goo also said he was town, and then he started on the whole “maybe we can all win because green goo makes you town!” nonsense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 27, 2019, 07:43:38 pm »

Anyhow, RGU, I’n not really liking this lack of questions for me if you don’t understand my game so far Why does me taking a different look at things than the majority make it more likely I’m anti-town anyway? I’m not sure why I’d want to stand out as either scum after a D1 daykill took out my teammate, or why I’d look to stand out as TP after that and a D1 SK lynch.
Yeahh, you were plenty attention-drawing in our last game as Serial Killer. I don't buy it.

I’ve been drawing attention since D1, and helped direct a lynch away from someone who was inactive toward someone who was acting scummy, and we were rewarded with taking out anti-town.
If you're mafia, killing the SK is a good thing. If you're SK, killing mafia is a good thing. That was some fine performance on your part, but it certainly doesn't clear you. You're giving us null-tells in your own defense, and I don't like it, Hector13. (Why have I not been using my vote more? I should be using my vote more.)

Apparently making an effort to refine my reads makes me scum, but whatever. Not sure how much I’ll be able to post before the deadline, but in case this nonsense doesn’t change, Persus is #1 for scum, Superdorf #2. DA is town, don’t touch him.
Well, I know I look terrible right now, but why is Persus scum? Why is DA town?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 27, 2019, 07:49:14 pm »

RGU:
You're not sure if you want to lynch hector, but you're voting for him. You're giving Superdorf a newb-pass, you're not suspicious of the person you're now voting for and you read everyone else as town. Do you have a plan going forward or are you assuming that lynching hector ends the game?

And it's been pointed out already that there's no guarantee that king was scum.

You're misinterpreting me: I wasn't sure if I wanted to lynch Superdorf, not hector13. That's why I switched from Superdorf (no one was voting him, anyways) to hector13. I'm suspicious of hector, but his actions aren't exactly scummy, so he's probably a third party instead of part of the scum. I'm assuming that if Kingawsume was part of the scum and it was a two-man team, it's probable there are also two serial killers. In that case, hector13 is probably a serial killer. It's mostly a gut feeling, and that the way he's been acting kinda reminds me of how he played in Proc Gen mafia. I also think it's a better lynch than someone like Deus or NQT (who were being voted before), or no-lynching.

I think RGU was referring to Nirur and MaxSpin as the two scum.

kingawsum was a miller, just in case he was meaning him.

I'm not sure Persus is scummy, he seemed pretty townish to me. About the scum, I said before that since roles aren't limited, it's possible kingawsume was actually scum and just had a death miller role rolled for him. The reason I think you're a third is since you don't look particularly townish or scummy to me, which is why I read you as null. While scum has to worry about not drawing much attention and distancing from their scumbuddies, a serial killer doesn't as he's alone and has to get rid of scum, town and other third parties. What I'm trying to say is that it's possible that you've been intentionally drawing attention to gain town's trust.

Again, I can't currently think of anyone else we could possibly lynch today, other than Superdorf. I still depend on what the rest of the town decides to vote for the lynch, so I can't do much if no one feels like voting him. Assuming there's at most 1 scum and/or 1 third party alive, I guess we can try to lynch Superdorf or Persus tomorrow if hector13 flips town.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 27, 2019, 07:55:15 pm »

Yeahh, you were plenty attention-drawing in our last game as Serial Killer. I don't buy it.

If you're mafia, killing the SK is a good thing. If you're SK, killing mafia is a good thing. That was some fine performance on your part, but it certainly doesn't clear you. You're giving us null-tells in your own defense, and I don't like it, Hector13. (Why have I not been using my vote more? I should be using my vote more.)

Apparently making an effort to refine my reads makes me scum, but whatever. Not sure how much I’ll be able to post before the deadline, but in case this nonsense doesn’t change, Persus is #1 for scum, Superdorf #2. DA is town, don’t touch him.
Well, I know I look terrible right now, but why is Persus scum? Why is DA town?

lol suddenly you’re very sure of yourself when I say you’re at the top of the list of my scumpicks eh?

If we’re going by the meta of the last game, you were town and you were putting your fingers in everything, poking as much suspicious stuff as you could. This game has been the exact opposite, outside the stuff with MaxSpin and Tric you’ve been shit-scared to get stuck in with anything, posting little “oh I’m a scared little n00bie don’t hurt me” filler for the entirety of D2. Every time you posted that I reminded you to tell me why you thought I was suspicious before, and you disappeared again.

You’re scum, no two ways about it.

Superdorf

PPE: now I’m apparently too stupid to learn from the mistakes I made in the last game. Great.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 27, 2019, 08:05:38 pm »

I don’t understand why nobody has been poking at me this entire game, man. I said it earlier, but we’ve had NQT, Superdorf and RGU say they were suspicious or couldn’t nail a read on me down, but you’ve each made little to no effort to poke and prod at me. IcyTea died before he could do anything about his similar feelings, but he didn’t seem particularly interested in engaging in anything beyond RVS stuff.

Does nobody know how to scumhunt anymore?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 27, 2019, 08:11:38 pm »

Shakerag: is it possible for scum to be involved in a mason chat?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 27, 2019, 08:16:42 pm »

lol suddenly you’re very sure of yourself when I say you’re at the top of the list of my scumpicks eh?

You said that? I... think I missed something here, because you've been poking me all day but this is the first you've really gone after me. When before now did I hit the top of your scumlist?

You're awfully quick to go after me, tho, now I'm actually trying to chase you down. What's with that?

If we’re going by the meta of the last game, you were town and you were putting your fingers in everything, poking as much suspicious stuff as you could. This game has been the exact opposite, outside the stuff with MaxSpin and Tric you’ve been shit-scared to get stuck in with anything, posting little “oh I’m a scared little n00bie don’t hurt me” filler for the entirety of D2. Every time you posted that I reminded you to tell me why you thought I was suspicious before, and you disappeared again

Ayup, for some reason I'm seriously underperforming this time 'round and it's making me look bad. I'm trying to do something about that, by poking you now. That's what you wanted, yes? Me trying to build a proper case on you, instead of just waffling about with my gut-reads and whatnot?

PPE: now I’m apparently too stupid to learn from the mistakes I made in the last game. Great.

What's this suppposed to mean? That you're making the same scumslips as you did last time?

--------------------------------
I still want that case on Persus. I'd read him as town before, and I'm curious to see what you have to say about him.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 27, 2019, 08:19:12 pm »

I don’t understand why nobody has been poking at me this entire game, man. I said it earlier, but we’ve had NQT, Superdorf and RGU say they were suspicious or couldn’t nail a read on me down, but you’ve each made little to no effort to poke and prod at me. IcyTea died before he could do anything about his similar feelings, but he didn’t seem particularly interested in engaging in anything beyond RVS stuff.

Does nobody know how to scumhunt anymore?
You're just special that way. ;)

Shakerag: is it possible for scum to be involved in a mason chat?
Do you suspect I'm in one?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43