Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76367 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2019, 11:49:55 am »

Anyone who targeted me last night did. Which likely includes killers.

Nins!

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2019, 11:50:41 am »

EBWOP: However, if you are NOT Goo, then you're still possibly Town, just uncertain. Goo is Town. Not all Town are Goo.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2019, 11:54:17 am »

Interesting. That's another thing we can ask the mod about.

Shakerag: Does a player's alignment switch to town if he becomes Green Goo?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 24, 2019, 12:03:18 pm »

For the record, I was in a Mason chat with Kingasume, as seen by his flip. He had 0 posts in it, like the main game.

Friendly reminder that if you want to know what a role is, there's a handy link to all the roles in the OP.

Goo roles generally turn other player into goo or move roles/votes around through various means. Sometimes its through death, or as a day/night action, or jsut by being targeted.

Quote from: Xylbot role list
Green Goo (town, survivor; common; 4+ players): Whenever a player targets you with an action, they will become green goo themselves.

If both Kit and Tric became goo and are telling the truth, I think its more likely someone messed with your roles.

Also the town alignment thing for Green Goo is irrelevant because the mafia players and SK players all had town-aligned roles on death and were still mafia/SK
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2019, 12:05:29 pm »

Alright, have Green Goo a quick read in the Big List, says that Green Goo is a Town/Survivor role only.

*big think*

If the whole city became Green Goo, we could pull off a no-dead win. Odd and unbalanced and DELIGHTFUL!

YOU FOOL I WANTED THE INFECTION PROPERTIES OF GREEN GOO TO STAY HIDDEN.

Also, it did a TOTAL overwrite of my abilities. I only have one role now and it is Green Goo.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 24, 2019, 12:13:55 pm »

We know that scum roles aren't guaranteed kills in this setup, so this lack of night kill doesn't necessarily tell us anything about the remaining alignments.

That said, I'm feeling pretty confident. We've most likely only got one player left to find.
Anyone who targeted me last night did. Which likely includes killers.
Nice one.

I'm going to reread what I missed when I get a moment. I was NK'd in my Champ game (MVP right here) so can probably afford to give this game a bit more love! Any questions for me, send them on in!

Quick point: Persus is right, being Green Goo isn't alignment indicative and we can't get an all-town victory that way either ;_;

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2019, 12:16:44 pm »

Nononono

It TOTALLY overwrote my role. I probably had some kinda Mafia role in my original set. Now I have only one Town/Survivor role, Green Goo.

Presumably the others had their complete and total selves rewritten to Town Goo as well.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #262 on: May 24, 2019, 12:22:16 pm »

Shakerag: If an amnesiac mafioso activates, does he gain access to the scumchat?
Yes.

Shakerag: Does a player's alignment switch to town if he becomes Green Goo?
Being affected by a Green Goo means your role name is changed and abilities are removed.  That is all.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2019, 12:29:52 pm »

Sadness. After all this excitement about having a real night game, it gets taken away from me.

I sound somber but trust me I'm seething.

And considering quitting as this game goes Full Vanilla...
Or Lime, since it's Green Goo.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2019, 12:51:12 pm »

Well this is a blow. I'd imagine that what most likely happened was that Kit targeted someone with the Green Goo ability, which caused him to turn into goo and subsequently turned Tric into goo when he targeted Kit. As far as I can see there aren't any targeting abilities that turn someone into goo directly.

Superdorf:
Deus Asmoth: How do you feel about Nirur Torir's admonishing us to "go after" you before his death?
If you agree with Nirur then you should go after me. I still don't feel that I was misrepresenting what was going on, even if it turned out that he wasn't on the scumteam.

NQT:
For the record, I was in a Mason chat with Kingasume, as seen by his flip. He had 0 posts in it, like the main game.
Is this what you knew about Persus?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2019, 01:12:41 pm »

Didn't I say why at least two times already? The reason I voted you was because I thought you might have been scum trying to defend their scumbuddy. But if Maximum Spin was an amnesiac, then that probably means the scum team wasn't aware he was part of their team, and voted with town thinking they were lynching someone who wasn't on their side.

Wait wait wait, I don't like that assumption.

Shakerag: If an amnesiac mafioso activates, does he gain access to the scumchat?

I think I know where you're going with this. Why do you think Maximum Spin's amnesia was cured at the start of the game? It's a 1 in 3 chance, even if it includes D1.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2019, 01:20:22 pm »

Well, if I were Scum, then I would feel the need to take some aspect of my role. I might have left off the important "Night Watchman" yesterday, or...

Ok, real quick, I didn't use my *Unknown* on Tric, which is presumably what Green Goo'd us. Action Controller Confirmed. That, or someone outside is throwing Goo.

But then I used Night Watchman and got TricMagic, Myself.

Did they target me..?

ANYWAYS.

...or said that I can do something like Night Cop or something. If that came false, claim "must be a Paranoid Cop, darn" and move on.

A quick roleclaim shows confidence that saying what you are isn't about to get you lynched. I feel like it's better than simply going "am town" in the grand scheme of things. It also means folks who want to keep secret can kinda crew up for synergistic effects. Say I was a bodyguard. Doctor says "cover me," and we do a protect/heal loop, a classic invincibility play in ToS. On the same coin, a scum might lie about it and reap free protection... but with this much rolepower flying, they'd probably wind up investigated or copped, then lynched.

Claiming also makes for a Target Effect. Scum cries "KILL HIM HE'S TOO STRONG" and someone was watching me, sees the killer, LYNCH.

It's fun stuff.

First off, why are we still talking about ifs? Second..

Dues Asmoth, why do you misrepresent what went on? Do you have something that contradicts us?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2019, 01:34:14 pm »

Nononono

It TOTALLY overwrote my role. I probably had some kinda Mafia role in my original set. Now I have only one Town/Survivor role, Green Goo.

Wait wait wait, wadayamean "some kinda Mafia role"? Were you mafia D1? Are you mafia now?

I think I know where you're going with this. Why do you think Maximum Spin's amnesia was cured at the start of the game? It's a 1 in 3 chance, even if it includes D1.

We have Word of Mod that an inactive amnesiac mafioso investigates as town, and flips as town on death. We also have Word of Mod that an amnesiac can activate at the start of D1, even if it's only a 1/3 chance. Max investigated mafia and flipped mafia; therefore his amnesia was indeed cured at the start of the game.

We now also have Word of Mod that Max would've had access to the scumchat during the entirety of his time here. So what's this notion of "WIFOM" you seem to have?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2019, 01:38:23 pm »

BTW I was the one who shot Maximum Spin. I didn't want to catch a mafia bullet when the mafia still had a chance of killing 3rd parties for us, but since we killed two scum at the end of the day and things are looking good, it seems fine to claim now.

--

Deus, interesting theory- what kind of role would allow me to know that?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2019, 01:50:12 pm »

We have Word of Mod that an inactive amnesiac mafioso investigates as town, and flips as town on death. We also have Word of Mod that an amnesiac can activate at the start of D1, even if it's only a 1/3 chance. Max investigated mafia and flipped mafia; therefore his amnesia was indeed cured at the start of the game.
Assuming of course, that he didn't start the game as Mafia to begin with.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43