Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lliason won’t leave fortress why?  (Read 1051 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Lliason won’t leave fortress why?
« on: May 01, 2019, 06:16:56 am »

Also how do I get him to leave?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lliason won’t leave fortress why?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 06:38:54 am »

He's socializing. He'll leave eventually.

Well, you didn't say how long he's been around. If it's been a couple of years you might want to drop him in magma so the Mountainhome hire a new guy.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 07:43:39 am »

It's normal for him to stay for a few months.

Normal in the "recent" versions of DF, at least. That wasn't the case a few years ago.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 06:25:41 pm »

It’s been a while, eventually he just stood in place. I eventually retired the fortress since I thought it may be bugged. I am in an adventure now and will probably reclaim the fortress afterwards if it still exists. Thank you. I won’t retire early next time

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 04:21:36 am »

If a diplomat stands rooted in place and does not socialize/pray the bugger is probably bugged in some way.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 04:11:38 pm »

It's normal for him to stay for a few months.

In one fort I had the liaison stay for 3 years. At first I didn't notice it, but at some point I was wondering why haven't there been any caravans coming, and then checking the unit list found out that the liaison was still around... Except that he wasn't in any of the meeting halls/other usual places - and he still hadn't conducted a meeting with my expedition leader.

Turns out he had for some reason decided that it's a good idea to jump down the waterfall and had been clinging to the cliff for three years, subsisting probably on a diet of water flowing down the cliffside.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 06:30:55 pm »

If the liaison cannot path normally (walking, versus climbing) then they can seem to get stuck, but they are just waiting for the path to open up, so they can path to your fort's leader. See in this wiki page about locking the liaison in a room to prevent the meeting. So, you probably could have build a floor under the wall-climbing liaison and he would have started moving.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 07:08:48 pm »

you probably could have build a floor under the wall-climbing liaison and he would have started moving.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I ended up doing once I figured out what the hell was going on (admittedly, it took quite a long time). :)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 08:14:37 pm »

That's one hardcore liaison.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 07:01:46 pm »

I reclaimed the fortress after 4 or 5 failed adventures. The lliason left. Thank you. Now I can prevent future lliasons frome getting stuck.