Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99393 times)

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -Baking Roles...
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2019, 09:23:18 pm »

I'll In as an alternate. Been a little while.
Do you want to take Dolores's slot or stay as a replacement?
I think stay a replacement for now. Still bloody awful at this game.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2019, 09:24:54 pm »

Oh don't be a bitch.  We do have new-ish players here.  And, of course, you'll likely vote me for saying that, so just go ahead and do it.
Noooo? I'm fine with that. I mean I'm definitely going to insult new-ish players! It's also in my nature. GIT GUD

If Starver doesn't post, then I'll be forced to spout a bunch of Endgame and/or GoT spoilers.  How's that?
As someone who cares about neither of those things I endorse this 100%

Besides, science tells us that people enjoy things more when they have spoilers.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2019, 09:30:19 pm »

I think stay a replacement for now. Still bloody awful at this game.
So am I, and yet here I am.

Maximum Spin:
Noooo? I'm fine with that. I mean I'm definitely going to insult new-ish players! It's also in my nature. GIT GUD
How dare you not react in an extreme way to my inflammatory commentary.  What is even wrong with you?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2019, 09:31:54 pm »

How dare you not react in an extreme way to my inflammatory commentary.  What is even wrong with you?
Chronic lyme disease. :(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2019, 09:33:00 pm »

At least you’ll never get scurvy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2019, 09:33:36 pm »

Chronic lyme disease. :(
Dude, we can't joke around.  Nirur Torir is gonna get on both of our asses.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2019, 09:35:47 pm »

That doesn't sound very hygienic.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2019, 09:36:35 pm »

That doesn't sound very hygienic.
Man, fuck you, I scrub my ass with soap every morning in the shower. 

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2019, 09:38:14 pm »

Responding to "pressure", caring about "pressure" at all, is the quintessential noob move in mafia. Competent players don't react to being voted; even more competent players lampshade it. Trying to "pressure" somebody with a vote is a huge waste of time and only gets you bad information because the enemy can obviously see what you're doing and react accordingly. Just talk to each other like humans.
Ayup. I'm a noob. I'm going off old advice from dakarian. Do you disagree with his methods? Am I not following those methods properly? How would you suggest I determine right now who's scum and who's not?

I'm a very up-front person by nature and honestly have a hard time lying about most things; even in the one game here where I was mafia, I told the closest thing to the truth I could find that would hopefully not give me away at all times. Uh, I also got lynched, so. Actually, that game was above-average level of play on most parts, and should be checked out! It was the one Fallacy did with gas.
I read that game. The play was clever, and the flavor was disturbing.

Anyway, one last bit for Superdorf: If that obvious joke spreads confusion, then the players deserve to lose. You got to be able to keep the fluff out of your brain to play mafia!
So it's a joke, then. Does it serve to help reveal scum? If so, how so?

Fake edit: Oh shit, "I totally don't like being on this bandwagon I just joined, and I'll get off later, I promise!" is actually something I regard as a very blatant scumtactic. So, uh, Superdorf. I prefer to avoid voting for people who vote for me, but I can't let that slide.
Oh? Maybe so. I'm not trying to get you killed yet, at any rate. Just talking. And oh look, you're talking. A lot. Progress!

Superdorf:
Well that doesn't sound shady as all shit or anything.  Why would you, to paraphrase, "hop off this bandwagon" if it gets too large?
Again, because I don't want this guy killed before I can figure out (or at least make an educated guess at) what he is. Lynching him after he's had time to say something really incriminating is all well and good-- lynching him because he's confusing is not. Is that shady of me?

Oh don't be a bitch.  We do have new-ish players here.  And, of course, you'll likely vote me for saying that, so just go ahead and do it.
Do you agree with his views against my "pressure", though? I'm curious.

I'll try and put some questions up in a bit. Gotta go back and see what's worth poking.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2019, 09:44:43 pm »

I'm going off old advice from dakarian. Do you disagree with his methods?
Extremely. It is a foolish strategy that doesn't work, favoured by those who are not very good at mafia. In my personal opinion.

How would you suggest I determine right now who's scum and who's not?
You talk to people like a human. Didn't I already cover that?

Does it serve to help reveal scum? If so, how so?
Only insofar as it encourages people to talk, like humans. That's really all mafia is. You talk to people like humans, and then social at them. I'll be blunt; anyone who tries to give you a formula which entails more than that is either trying to pull one over on you, or socially impaired.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2019, 09:46:45 pm »

Superdorf:
Again, because I don't want this guy killed before I can figure out (or at least make an educated guess at) what he is. Lynching him after he's had time to say something really incriminating is all well and good-- lynching him because he's confusing is not. Is that shady of me?
Look, fam, if you're gonna unvote that dude just because they have too many votes on them that looks scummy.  Because that makes me think they might be your scumbuddy and you really don't want them to be lynched, ya follow?  I mean, if you didn't want a bitch to be killed, then why were you voting them in the first place?  Your vote contributes to some asshole eventually potentially getting killed, you understand that?

Uhh.  Yeah I'm gonna be straight with you and say that I'm way too shitfaced to process that right now.  Maybe tomorrow if you remind me, ok?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2019, 10:06:05 pm »

I'm going off old advice from dakarian. Do you disagree with his methods?
Extremely. It is a foolish strategy that doesn't work, favoured by those who are not very good at mafia. In my personal opinion.

How would you suggest I determine right now who's scum and who's not?
You talk to people like a human. Didn't I already cover that?

Does it serve to help reveal scum? If so, how so?
Only insofar as it encourages people to talk, like humans. That's really all mafia is. You talk to people like humans, and then social at them. I'll be blunt; anyone who tries to give you a formula which entails more than that is either trying to pull one over on you, or socially impaired.

...I'm not sure yet I agree with you, but I'm inclined to believe you're not malicious at any rate-- especially after reading through a couple of your past games-- and that's enough.

I've made a mistake, I think. I'm probably incriminating myself here, but... Unvote.

Superdorf:
Look, fam, if you're gonna unvote that dude just because they have too many votes on them that looks scummy.  Because that makes me think they might be your scumbuddy and you really don't want them to be lynched, ya follow?  I mean, if you didn't want a bitch to be killed, then why were you voting them in the first place?  Your vote contributes to some asshole eventually potentially getting killed, you understand that?

This is valuable information and I will take careful note of it. Thank you.

Uhh.  Yeah I'm gonna be straight with you and say that I'm way too shitfaced to process that right now.  Maybe tomorrow if you remind me, ok?

I'm gonna hold you to that.

------------------------------

TricMagic: You showed up, said some stuff about anime, plonked a vote on Maximum Spin, encouraged Shakerag to do the same, then disappeared. Would you care to explain the reasoning behind your vote?

Starver: Given your total silence these past few hours, I can only assume you're asleep. When you wake up, would you care to let us know who you find suspicious?

klonk
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2019, 10:11:56 pm »

Why does his level of consciousness warrant a finger of suspicion? He’s British, so chances are he is snoozin’
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2019, 10:13:45 pm »

Ah, so there is a timezone discrepancy. Alright then. The FoS was reserved for the chance that he's awake right now and lurking.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2019, 10:49:08 pm »

On that note, I need to pass out for a few hours myself. G'night all.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43