Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Deposed: Of Tutors and Princes (SG)  (Read 2078 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Deposed: Of Tutors and Princes (SG)
« on: April 02, 2019, 05:33:40 pm »

The Kingdom has fallen.

A kingmaker in the political struggles of more powerful world powers, the Kingdom has long been sandwiched between the interests of those same powers. For centuries, it has managed to maintain its own sovereignty despite occasional world-shaking conflicts it stood in the center of.
This is no longer. The royal family has been deposed, it's holdings plundered, and treaties now divide its territories between the world powers, and whatever lords who were willing to vassalize themselves early in the conflict. Most who who might lay claim to the venerable throne now conquered lie dead in a cull intended to consolidate the seized power. Most.

There is at least one heir. A child of the deposed monarch, and that child is your charge. You are their tutor, a family member disinherited from succession for your inability to conceive, and now it is your responsibility to ensure that child might have a chance to reclaim their own inheritance.

To what lineage do you and this child belong to?

Stage one of Character and World Building.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:47:29 pm by Mlamlah »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Deposed: Of Tutors and Princes (SG)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 05:48:23 pm »

-Might as well reserve this just in case-

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 07:05:14 pm »

I vote F. It’s always fun to have lots of ancient artifacts to find.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 07:19:22 pm »

F is a bold choice that can lead to many interesting plot twists. That’s why I vote there. Instead of being a drifter seeking survival and justice, your trying to work your hands to claim this world. Through your nephew. ( I think nephew.)

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 07:41:02 pm »

E. I like the idea of having to navigate around both political problems and the unseen horrors of the earth.
el basurero

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 09:03:30 pm »

F.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 10:16:46 pm »

Like many feudal societies in history, yours was born in the centuries after the cascading collapse of another more educated and technologically sophisticated culture. So thorough was this collapse, that even the most learned scholars of many nations have little to no understanding of how those who lived before even lived their lives.
Ancient cultures themselves do not concern you however, beyond whatever tangible effect they have had on the present day. Perhaps they and their works have eroded into dust, or perhaps some remnant of them remains?

Stage Two of World Generation
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 10:28:27 pm »

D. Old technology exists in abundance, but it is ruinous and foul. Scholars are uncertain whether the Old World had means of utilizing these gifts without consequence, or if they simply did not care for the state of their bodies, souls, surroundings, and minds. Regardless, in the modern age only the most reckless or well-prepared dare sample the fruits of yesteryear.

A. If the ample bones are anything to go by, each region of the world has had every climate, ecology, and disaster imaginable at some point. Hope remains in each nation that it will avoid violent reversals for the foreseeable future.

D. It may be on the warm side, but it's well connected to the rest of the world. Or at least, the parts considered worth caring about.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 11:03:12 pm »

C, C, D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 11:10:14 pm »

B, A, D.

At least we all agree on part 3.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 11:12:11 pm »

A, A, D
el basurero

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 11:25:23 pm »

D - There is little remaining knowledge of old world technology, and those who do know are often viewed as witches do to...
D - A Crossover event- it didn't directly change anything immediately, but let... somethings into our machines, these things were not friendly by majority and don't abide by our world's rules.  a Battle of mutual destruction occurred and both us and the things within the machines were crippled, us by a lack of tech, them by a lack of 'bodys'.  However that is not the end, the crossover never truly ended and our worlds are becoming closer all the time...
D.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:27:18 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 01:00:50 am »

D. Old technology exists in abundance, but it is ruinous and foul. Scholars are uncertain whether the Old World had means of utilizing these gifts without consequence, or if they simply did not care for the state of their bodies, souls, surroundings, and minds. Regardless, in the modern age only the most reckless or well-prepared dare sample the fruits of yesteryear.

A. If the ample bones are anything to go by, each region of the world has had every climate, ecology, and disaster imaginable at some point. Hope remains in each nation that it will avoid violent reversals for the foreseeable future.

D. It may be on the warm side, but it's well connected to the rest of the world. Or at least, the parts considered worth caring about.
+1

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 01:06:27 am »

+1
But it's no fun if all the cool toys are evil and want to kill you and everything around you. :-\

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 02:40:20 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3