Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (14.3%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (14.3%)
25%
- 1 (14.3%)
50%
- 1 (14.3%)
100%
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 32221 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2019, 01:41:11 pm »

PTW

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2019, 04:24:54 pm »

Rainer turned to the new arrival. "Leave now, please,", he told him, "as much as assistance would be used, I can't allow another to be wrapped up in a mess I played a hand in causing." He turned back to the former corpse. "Now then, I humbly apologize for disturbing your rest, and even though I stopped, I did not keep my new ally from doing the same," he apologized, "but I ask of you, for you two traveled these paths, what did you do in this shadowy realm? Tell me, in honest truth, your sins. What depravities keep your soul from resting soundly? They must be plentiful, being as if you were an honest man, you would not be chained to this cruel realm for so long. Weigh your sins against the one you charge us of, and if you can tell me in earnest your's do not outweigh my own, I shall leave it to my lords, Nix and Aaron, light and luck, to determine my fate, but if your sins do outweigh my own, then you must stand down, and by the power I have, I will forgive your sins, or as many as I am able, and cut the chains that bind you here even in death. But be warned, should my sins outweigh your own, and my fate be left to my lord, I was born on his most holy day, and his light has never left my side."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 04:28:40 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2019, 04:44:30 pm »

With pleasure.

Step back and watch what happens, see if I can't actually learn something useful this time.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2019, 01:38:35 am »

upon seeing the horror before him you can see Quan's fear in his eyes but this fear only drove him forward and he takes his heavy rock to start smashing the disturbed ones limbs, his panic scream could be easily heard "AAAAH"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2019, 02:46:16 am »

Rest in the bed. That lich is a liiiiiiiiiitle frightening but not really in a position to make a fuss.
el basurero

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2019, 08:50:05 am »

Despite expecting trouble in the blackened land, Leona curses at her misfortune before recomposing herself and trying to focus on the situation at hand.

Leona patrols the walls, examining the terrain and dark spirits surrounding Churchbury.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2019, 01:50:55 pm »

Quinn, feeling his new power, begins working them toward preparation.

Attempt to:
-Create a tar whip weapon, to take with me
-Encase my staff in tar
-Put tar into the fabric of my robes, such that I may draw it from them when needed. They should become longer, and much darker; however, the heat of the tar will be focused on the silver lining and various lunar imagery, making them a bright fire-orange against the black.

Then, once that's done, I'm off to leave this tarpit.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2019, 02:30:25 pm »

Turn 7

Quinn Learner

The Greatworm put Quinn back on the island. The mystic felt that the power he received changed him, made him much stronger! He no longer felt afraid of fire, and sensed the energies flowing through tar, and partially through the flames.

[5] Quinn's senses and body functions improved significantly!

[3] The mystic received a weak resistance to dark energy!

[2] The Greatworm did not give him any additional equipment!

"Now, it is time for your first task. Scout the border between Tar and the domain of dread knights. Take your time to prepare well!" with that said, the Greatworm submerged in tar.

[4] Putting his hand into the lake, Quinn procured a fierce whip made of boiling tar!

[5] Then he encased his staff in tar.

[2] He wasn't able to put tar on his robes however, as if their energies did not match!

[5] With a swift gesture, he built a bridge made of tar and left the pit!

Rainer Edmunton, Quan and Morion

Rainer turned to the new arrival. "Leave now, please,", he told him, "as much as assistance would be used, I can't allow another to be wrapped up in a mess I played a hand in causing."

[6] "With pleasure." Morion said and stepped back, getting caught in a vortex of energy that paralyzed him!

Code: [Select]
Morion: Paralysis
He turned back to the former corpse. "Now then, I humbly apologize for disturbing your rest, and even though I stopped, I did not keep my new ally from doing the same," he apologized, "but I ask of you, for you two traveled these paths, what did you do in this shadowy realm? Tell me, in honest truth, your sins. What depravities keep your soul from resting soundly? They must be plentiful, being as if you were an honest man, you would not be chained to this cruel realm for so long. Weigh your sins against the one you charge us of, and if you can tell me in earnest your's do not outweigh my own, I shall leave it to my lords, Nix and Aaron, light and luck, to determine my fate, but if your sins do outweigh my own, then you must stand down, and by the power I have, I will forgive your sins, or as many as I am able, and cut the chains that bind you here even in death. But be warned, should my sins outweigh your own, and my fate be left to my lord, I was born on his most holy day, and his light has never left my side."

[5] "A holy knight aren't you? Perhaps you may not see in it in this disfigured form, but I once used to be a holy knight myself. It is not the weight of sins keeping me here, but the nature of this accursed land. I will let you go, if you promise e to find a cure for the curse, as once you enter the Bleak Valley, you never leave it. Even after death." the Disturbed muttered.

"AAAAH" yelled Quan upon seeing the horror before him. There was fear in his eyes, but this fear only drove him forward. He took his heavy rock to start smashing the disturbed one's limbs!

[Quan: 3, 4, 6, 6
The Disturbed: 2, 5, 5, 3]

The sentenced charged and lightly bruised one of the Disturbed's hands!

Quan: -10 End
[2] "This fool will die however!"

Demir

[6] Demir went to the bed and fell asleep. He rested well, really well, but also woke up just before a lid of a coffin he was put inside during his sleep was closed!

[2] "Enjoy your sleep!" the Lich cackled.

Demir: Well Rested

Leona Maple

[2] Leona wanted to patrol the walls and examine the surroundings and the army of the dark spirits, but suddenly a dark bolt flew into her way!

[5] She managed to dodge just in time!

Leona: -5 End

Enemies

The Disturbed: [128/128]

Players

Quinn Learner: New skills, abilities and items.
Morion: Paralysis
Quan: -10 End [30/60]
Demir: Well rested
Leona: -5 End [50/60]

GM Notes

Tar Whip - A whip made of boiling tar.
[30 Physical Damage, 20 Fire Damage, Unbreakable]

Wanderer's Tarstaff - A staff highly strengthened by encasing in tar.
[20 Physical Damage, Unbreakable]

Paralysis - Paralysed characters can't act for 2 turns, a roll can break paralysis.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2019, 02:47:29 pm »

”You have my oath, my good man. I apologize of accusing you of such crimes, I simply assumed that this was a form of punishment, forgive me for my hastiness and rudeness.” Rainer replied, ”I promise I will find a cure for your curse or die trying.” ”However, I must ask that you forgive the man with me,” he continued, ”when he saw your transformation, he was scared, honestly, I was as well, but his reaction was different. Please, let him journey with me to help find a way to free you as relentence. I will look after him and guide him on the path to good, as part of my repentance for my own wrongdoing. I humbly appeal to your honor as a holy knight.”

Rainer tries to appeal for mercy for the unarmed man (Quan).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 05:07:12 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2019, 03:16:53 pm »

I suppose, then, that I'm headed toward the border between the Tar and the dread knights' domain.
...assuming I know where I'm going. Oh well, if I get lost, they can't blame me. They're not allowed to blame me for my methods. If one of them contacts me about it, I'll ask them how I'm actually supposed to get there.
And also, I suppose I may as well make a tar shield, as well, before I get too far from the pit. Or at least, attempt to.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2019, 03:26:25 pm »

Enjoy my sleep. The coffin lid seems sketchy, but maybe this is a misunderstanding thanks to my ignorance of the undead way of life, wouldn't want to commit a faux pas and been seen as intolerant of other cultures.

"Thank you for the hospitality Mr. Lich."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 09:00:48 pm by MrThrowaway »
el basurero

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2019, 04:24:14 pm »

Quan having his adrenaline levels go down enough to say
I'm sorry, i was told you were dead and didn't know sir so please forgive me and when i saw you transform it scared me
Quan was praying with all his might to be forgiven
If the roll is 3 or lower reroll it with my ability mercy of the gods
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 05:02:06 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2019, 08:12:54 pm »

...unparalysis please.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2019, 07:19:02 pm »

"EEP!" Leona squeaks, and waves her sword angrily in her attacker's general direction.

Leona places herself and kite shield between her friendly archers and the unidentified threat.

"Something shot at me from that spot." She points to the general location of her attacker and tries to block enemy projectiles. "Which parts of their body are vulnerable?"
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2019, 12:57:49 pm »

Turn 8

Rainer Edmunton, Quan & Morion

”You have my oath, my good man. I apologize of accusing you of such crimes, I simply assumed that this was a form of punishment, forgive me for my hastiness and rudeness.” Rainer replied, ”I promise I will find a cure for your curse or die trying.” ”However, I must ask that you forgive the man with me,” he continued, ”when he saw your transformation, he was scared, honestly, I was as well, but his reaction was different. Please, let him journey with me to help find a way to free you as relentence. I will look after him and guide him on the path to good, as part of my repentance for my own wrongdoing. I humbly appeal to your honor as a holy knight.”
'
[2] "No! I sense troubles emanating from him, best if I'll use his bones to make an armour!" replied the corpse.

"I'm sorry, I was told you were dead and didn't know sir so please forgive me and when i saw you transform it scared me!" Quan begged.

[4] "Fine! But from now on, do not stray away from your knight buddy!" the Disturbed said and retracted back to a corpse form.

[3] With his all willpower, Morion fought off the paralysis and could move again!

Morion: Paralysis removed

Quinn Learner

[6] Quinn thought about a shield and concluded that it might prove useful in his travels. He focused and started forming the shield, but just before the tar cooled off and strengthened, something flew into it! After a short moment Quinn heard: "Hello there tar one! I choose you as my pet and companion! Do not worry, we Tarlords are gentle keepers! Just don't shake this thing too much, okay?"

Quinn: Received Tarlord Nest Kite Shield

Demir

"Thank you for the hospitality Mr. Lich." Demir said.

[3] After a short while the lid opened. "Well, since you've shown that you're a man of culture, I will not turn you into my mindless slave. You may leave the grave and we'll speak again in a few hours." the lich said and called for his minion "Lizardman! Make sure that our guest is entertained during my work!"

"Yes master." the lizard said and helped Demir get out of the coffin.

Leona Maple

"EEP!" Leona squeaked and waved her sword angrily in her attacker's general direction.

[2] She wanted to run up behind friendly archers, but the walls were empty.

GM Notes

Tarlord Nest Kite Shield - This light, indestructible shield bears a powerful creature within it.
[? ? ? Indestructible]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15