Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Amusement Park?  (Read 1345 times)

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
Dwarven Amusement Park?
« on: March 02, 2019, 02:35:00 am »

I'm thinking of setting up a Dwarven Amusement Park.

Unicorn rides! A Forgotten Beast Petting Zoo! A Minecart roller-coaster!

Does anyone have any ideas to contribute? The floor is open for discussion.
Never pet a burning dog.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Amusement Park?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 09:06:45 am »

- Dunk the Goblin: retracting bridge over water. Is there a way to set up some kind of target? I dunno. If not, there's always levers.
Variant: Play Dunk the Hippie instead.
Bonus: Use magma instead of water.
Bonus: Use nobles instead of goblins.
Unfortunate Accident Bonus: Use magma anyway.

- Pin the Ballista Bolt on the Colussus: trap something nigh-indestructible, set up fortifications, set up ballistae.
- Goblin Bowling. Similar to above, but goblins and catapults. Kill all the goblins, and win a bear! A grizzly bear!
- Log Flume: Like the minecart roller-coaster, but with exclusively wooden minecarts and water.
- Snack Booths: Mini-food piles kept in little stalls. The shopkeepers are, uh, nowhere to be found, so help yourself!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 02:54:58 pm »

If you can trap some forgotten beast in an "airlock" room with bridges, arranging a fighting pit of the monster against invaders should be possible. Not that I ever managed to do it without fortress-extintion-level accidents.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 02:59:01 pm »

"Inflatable castle" bounce pit. / "Dwarven Bungee Jump"

(Bridge-a-pult containing live "visitors" in an enclosed space, using a meeting area. They fall harmlessly into a room made of featherwood below, which connects via a stairway back to the room upstairs. Use a minecart repeater to reset and activate the room.)

Tunnel of Love / Spooky Cart Ride

(closed circuit minecart track with a switchback block, and a single trackstop. Assign a male and a female rider. Let them ride.  Add "scenic views" / "Scary things" for the trip.  Use impulse ramp design, but calculate slowest feasible cart velocity)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:12:17 pm by wierd »

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 03:57:20 pm »

Climbing wall -- dwarves scale multiple z-levels to reach a goal (switch) at the top. Multiple difficulty levels can be provided by varying the type of wall (constructed log, constructed block, or unmined stone).

Shooting Arcade -- dwarves riding minecarts shooting at "volunteers". Use wooden bolts and armored volunteers for lower maintenance.

Carnival game -- an "operator" (chained-up volunteer) "distributes" (throws) trinkets into the crowd (landing in a large stockpile). Dwarves acquire the trinkets when hauling them to a second stockpile where they are loaded into a minecart and dumped back near the operator. You may want to limit the prizes to light-weight trinkets (earrings, rings, amulets, etc.).

Mr. Bones Wild Ride -- low-speed looping minecart ride; stops once a year to replace passengers. Don't forget the decorative skeletons.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 05:16:27 am »

Keelhaul Ride: send a minecart through thirty tiles of 7/7 water, covered from the top.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 08:50:49 pm »

Keelhaul Ride: send a minecart through thirty tiles of 7/7 water magma, covered from the top.
FTFY
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 02:23:33 am »

Make a euthanasia coaster for Urist McNobility to show his prestige by riding on. If you're really into megaprojects, make it start from as far as you can conceivably put it and dump them straight, directly, into a certain special circus.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 04:12:21 am »

If the game allowed, I would suggest a "minecart cannon ride" where the track purposefully derails a cart containing riders, and fires it through a tiny opening, to get captured on a new set of tracks that return it to its origin trackstop.

I dont think you can re-rail a derailed cart this way though... sadly.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 11:50:14 am »

Pin the Goblin.  A normal live target goblin inside a "room cage" where it's walls are carved fortification, a nearby ammo stockpile and crossbows available.

Bonus, a 3-z pitting above this room cage to replenish targets. 

Pin the Goblin in the Pit.  A variation of 3z pit instead of room cage, shooters from above have option to jump down at their own risk. 

Bonus, a ride-able minecart around the perimeter of the goblin pit, so marksdwarf can shoot during the ride.