Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Severity effect on syndromes (!!SCIENCE!! thread)  (Read 3132 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Severity effect on syndromes (!!SCIENCE!! thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 04:56:16 pm »

500 SEV yes. I'll do one at 50000.

A lot of the parts had 1-30 pain sometimes along with bleeding. None of them had paralysis (probably because the dwarf had overcome it?).

edit: I did the 50000SEV test.This is 2 ticks after manualy activating the interaction in direct control.
Spoiler: 50000SEV (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 05:02:35 pm by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 05:12:58 pm »

Interesting that none of the parts had paralysis. But that may have been wound 2 and the dwarf already overcame it.

It looks like the severity is being divided by 100, although I would have thought it was being divided by 1000 or 10000. Nonetheless it does show why you need such large numbers in the interactions.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 08:10:05 pm »

I got a new set of data on GCS's poison.

The conclusions so far are:

• The poison's effect is not constant. Instead it follows a pattern of 6 ticks with no symptoms followed by 5 ticks with increasing levels of paralysis and then 9 ticks of deminishing paralysis levels. This pretty much confirms the reported function of the [START:x:PEAK:Y:END:z] format.
  • I think we have sufficient data to conclude that attack/injection syndromes (ATTS)  have somewhat different mechanics than creature's can_do_interaction syndromes (CDIS). The main known differences for now is that CDIS only use a set value while a ATTS can use a range of values (RNG maybe?) which also implies that the [PEAK:y] token is not compatible with CDIS.

Spoiler: GCS data (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: self paralysis (click to show/hide)

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 11:30:15 pm »

Here is a random thought that might be barking up the wrong tree, but here we go. Might this strangeness have something to do with that fix Toady did for cats killing themselves with alcohol? IIRC the solution to that was to scale syndrome severity based on how much of the syndrome bearing effect the creature was exposed to. If interaction based attacks are being treated as low concentration exposures, then that would explain a lot. The easiest way to test this would be to get the version that toady applied this fix and the version immediately before, and see if syndrome behavior is radically different between them.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 06:21:29 am »

Whatever the change for alcohol was, I couldn't find any change in either the raws for cats, alcohol or cleaning interaction. I didn't look any further into it because I wanted to test what the 100:100 actually does in [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID:100:100]. So I changed it to 10:10.

Spoiler: data for 10:10 (click to show/hide)

New conclusions:
  • Severity seems to indicate a set amount of the effect that is multiplied by the amount of the injected syndrome carrier and is then added to the creature's status in each tick. This is indicated by the fact that a 10 fold decrease of the carrier resulted in about a 10 times lower peak paralysis level.
  • 100 paralysis level is the requirement for a creature to become paralyzed.
  • There is an indication that applying an ATTS multiple times will lenghthen the duration of it's effect but not it's peak level. I think removing the [RESISTABLE] token should be enough to test this.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2019, 09:32:32 am »

Whatever the change for alcohol was, I couldn't find any change in either the raws for cats, alcohol or cleaning interaction. I didn't look any further into it because I wanted to test what the 100:100 actually does in [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID:100:100]. So I changed it to 10:10.

Spoiler: data for 10:10 (click to show/hide)

New conclusions:
  • Severity seems to indicate a set amount of the effect that is multiplied by the amount of the injected syndrome carrier and is then added to the creature's status in each tick. This is indicated by the fact that a 10 fold decrease of the carrier resulted in about a 10 times lower peak paralysis level.
  • 100 paralysis level is the requirement for a creature to become paralyzed.
  • There is an indication that applying an ATTS multiple times will lenghthen the duration of it's effect but not it's peak level. I think removing the [RESISTABLE] token should be enough to test this.

Interesting stuff, makes me think the "syndrome carrier" numbers for interactions must be set at ~0.1, although it's tough to tell because the attack syndrome has SIZE_DILUTES while the interaction syndrome does not. Are these numbers from the wound or from the counter?

As for the multiple application of attack syndromes, I assume it works like the alcohol syndrome. Where if you add a SYN_IDENTIFIER:X and SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:#:# it will increase the severity with each application

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 10:12:47 am »

They are from counter. I'm not 100% sure but from the wounds I checked yesterday it was always that only one wound was responsible for the whole amount of paralysis and said wound had no specified body part.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2019, 11:00:42 am »

They are from counter. I'm not 100% sure but from the wounds I checked yesterday it was always that only one wound was responsible for the whole amount of paralysis and said wound had no specified body part.

That seems to match with the testing I did several versions ago related to the counter <-> wound relationship.
Pages: 1 [2]