Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116991 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #420 on: July 28, 2019, 04:01:06 am »

Knife good. But, no reason we couldn't get a revolver or something as backup. Piecewise only uses what we tell him to, and a pistol hidden away in a pocket makes no noise.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 28, 2019, 04:10:43 am »

Knife good. But, no reason we couldn't get a revolver or something as backup. Piecewise only uses what we tell him to, and a pistol hidden away in a pocket makes no noise.
+1
+1

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #422 on: August 03, 2019, 09:23:33 am »

The rest of the day passes quickly. You say your goodbyes to Bruce and Mary, de-animate the critters in their home, and then follow Esme. The first stop is the previously mentioned boiler maker in a run down old shop off a side road. The cramped single room workspace is littered with raw materials and half finished boilers that gape like iron ribcages. It takes Esme a solid hour of negotiating to convince the man to plate Piecewise's bones with iron, but he eventually concedes and, getting the skeleton's measurements, you follow her off to a second hand store. You both comb the racks, pulling out thick winter jackets, puffy sweaters, overstuffed pillows and other raw materials for the disguise. Esme pays and you carry the heaping paper bags to the next destination.

The theatrical supply shop is a wonderland of props, make up, effects, and equipment, splayed up through four floors of a converted private home squished between two apartment buildings. You and Esme browse the clown-white and false mustaches for a while until you both come to the conclusion that a simple rubber mask is a better choice than a complex mix of makeup and appliances. Neither will fully hide Piecewise's skeletal appearance so simplicity is best. You find a mask of an old man, bald and wrinkled but not overtly so. Combined with a scarf and pair of sunglasses it should prove to be perfectly adequate for anything short of a close inspection. Even then nothing should immediately scream "HIdden Skeleton" and instead will appear to simply be a disguised human.

Finally, a military revolver is procured from the trunk of a car parked in the drive behind a line of brick homes. The area all looks very quaint and far from the troubles of the world, making the brown paper package -heavy with lethal intent- all the stranger as you fish it out of the hollow where a spare tire should be. Thus outfitted and prepared, loaded with bags, you return to the boiler maker to pick up your skeleton.  The piecewise you find when you return is an odd thing; it almost resembles a comically thin knight in incomplete plate armor. For the most part the boiler maker did not plate the armor directly to the skeleton itself, presumably to preserve the structural integrity of the bones. Instead he seemed to make clam shell like structures or wrapped metal around the bone and secured it to itself.  The skull is one of the few places that is bolted, albeit with thin bolts and sparing placement, in order to lay the carefully molded plates as close to the bone as possible. The skull is a geometric patchwork of plates laid out over the rough planes of the skeletal face and the chest is an equally complex mess of overlaying plates to allow piecewise to flex and move. It strikes you how much more efficient and effective armor can be when directly bolted to the body.

Pillow stuffing goes on next, held in place by long underwear. Like the armor, you and Esme take special care to leave the joints free and unrestricted. Then comes the clothing, thick pants and sweater followed by long winter jacket, gloves and boots. Finally the mask, carefully settled into a good position and then glued in place, and topped off with hat, scarf, and sunglasses. The end result is surprisingly good; you see the imperfections as its creator but Piecewise will definitely pass for human like this. He could walk down even a busy street and draw no attention; only a close look at him would indicate something was wrong and even then nothing specific other than his odd level of concealment and waxy looking "flesh". You give him the knife and the revolver and instruct them to hide the both. He stuffs the revolver into a jacket pocket and somehow makes the knife disappear up one long sleeve.

Esme stands back from the skeleton with her arms crossed, smiling a bit and looking him over.  "That is both very effective and very creepy."

She looks out a window at the deep red of the approaching twilight and nods to herself. "Night's almost here. You ready to try this attack this evening or you do you need more time?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 03, 2019, 09:40:58 am »

Woohoo!
Let's do this thing!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #424 on: August 03, 2019, 09:54:47 am »

Piecewise the hobo-skeleton shall do the stabbing tonight!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 03, 2019, 11:56:23 am »

Let us hunt the local constabulary!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 03, 2019, 01:26:45 pm »

Time for piecewise to shine.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 03, 2019, 01:31:48 pm »

We attack tonight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 03, 2019, 05:35:24 pm »

MURDER

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 04, 2019, 03:32:12 am »

Its murder time!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #430 on: August 07, 2019, 08:15:44 am »

You indicate that you are ready and she nods before leading you out. She doesn't say anything more until you're both back in the Library, safely behind closed doors and out of earshot. She directs you to a table and spreads a street map across it. She searches for a moment before putting one finger on the map.

"The patrol in question is one that passes through the lower dockyard areas. Lot of empty warehouses, old buildings, shipyards, the like. Its not a route prone to crime, but they do occasionally get smugglers and the like so its not a complete cakewalk either. The important part is that its basically deserted at night and makes for an ideal ambush."

She traces her finger up and down alleys, past gray boxes with street numbers marked in their centers, along the dull blue of the ocean, and  over the white fingers of docks jutting out into the ocean.

"The best time for it is, I think, right here."

She indicates a section of road that moves between a line of large square buildings.

"These are all warehouses. Empty, poorly lit, easy to disappear into if you need to, and a good place to hide bodies."

She looks up at you.

"So what was your plan for dealing with this? Just a straight up knife from behind? Or something more distracting? Snipe with that new pistol of yours? We should probably not try to play it by ear for your first time and if you need supplies now is the time to get them; we'll be heading out soon."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 07, 2019, 12:22:36 pm »

How many are we expecting? Because if there's 3 or less I say we knife one, Piecewise gets another probably with a knife, and Esme gets the last.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 07, 2019, 12:38:33 pm »

I forget, what are Esme's combat skills like?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #433 on: August 07, 2019, 04:34:10 pm »

How many are we expecting? Because if there's 3 or less I say we knife one, Piecewise gets another probably with a knife, and Esme gets the last.
"Two or three is the normal size, but 5 is the max I'd expect."

I forget, what are Esme's combat skills like?

"I'd prefer not to fight if I don't have to. My abilities aren't really suited to it. But I'm trained in marksmanship and hand to hand combat. I am a soldier, after all."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 07, 2019, 05:05:33 pm »

Piecewise should definitely attack at close range, so he can use his surgical-precision-incapitation skills.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 94