Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60585 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #315 on: April 04, 2019, 08:54:24 am »

"Ughh, lets try again"
Recollect the goo and morph it back to it's orginal state, do the same thing again but now solidfy only the top part.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 04, 2019, 12:10:39 pm »

Take part in this epic battle of dustwalkers and metal birds against sand together with 7 primelings and their legions, delegate the planning to this unnamed genius primeling. ( or not unnamed )

Since now, my child, you will be known as Sekhmet. 

Parun, my child, you and your children are some of greatest killers our kind has produced, are you sure, that diplomacy is what we need to focus on in such desperate times and if it is correct usage of superior genetics and soulweaving you passed through become above other spidrrlings?

Ekbor, you are all, what I ever wanted spiderlings to be, I am proud of you, son

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2019, 02:35:17 pm »

Approve the  war  plan, and send the Ironwinged to make weapons  in preparation for it.

Have North continue damage-control, and East use the machine to rip the water away from the Glass Tower, and then fertilize more of the surrounding area.

Make the Shardforms understand, and then negotiate.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Once Gral confirms that his servants will be going ahead with the assault, Silken Nest metalworkers start working around the clock to supply the Bone Fortress with weapons. Despite producing enough equipment to outfit everyone, transporting the entire arms shipment will still be an issue. Ironwinged don't fly quickly enough to deliver everything within the next [turn].

The Merchant of the North continues its public relations work. While giving a presentation to High Council representatives at the top of the web, it has the idea for a very simple demonstration. It has the research team apply their enhancements to one of the Ironwinged, who the Merchant then airlifts onto a nearby star. Despite the massive quantity of light that his photosynthesis weave is absorbing, it doesn't cause the Spiderling any harm.

The scandal clears up pretty quickly after that.

East directs the machine's input towards the Glass Tower. It drains vitality from a large swathe of the surrounding land, causing Dr. Bob's garden to wither, and directs it into the sand. The patch of soil around the machine grows in size, and fills with puddles of water as springs form underneath the ground.

Gral lands in front of the Shardforms and lays one talon on each of their heads. Each has a powerful soul, created in the last moments of the Empty's existence, but their minds are sluggish. The Contractor infuses them with reason and energy, in much the same way that it granted minds to its other creations. It can feel the moment in which intelligent thoughts start flowing through their heads.

They are impressionable right now, which makes it easy for Gral to convert them to the ways of the Bargain. They agree to purchase finished goods from the Ironweavers in return for raw materials gathered from the sand and the Shifting Bog.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 04, 2019, 07:25:19 pm »

Hynsyr announces his intent to leave on a Journey to further the Cycle elsewhere for a time. He makes it clear that should he be needed then the Prismatics should contact him.

Once that is over with Hynsyr will set forth to find a place yet untouched by any of his siblings or their creations.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 04, 2019, 08:55:35 pm »

Agree to the deal, and retrieve the  expeditionary force, debriefing West on the way back Afterwards, join the fight.

North should begin selling the process to the tribes, looking for ways to increase the Nest's sphere of influence.

East should begin working on a series of metal amplifiers,  increasing the passive range of the machine. Since the machines didn't stop the flooding like we intended, focus on the flood waters themselves, making the Tower's water even grander than before.

"That good enough to count as a favor Gral?"

"Well, you did what you could, and that's all I can ask. Now, for your second favor. The Archdemon is one of the most visible enforcers the Sand has over the world of mortals. I need you  to go and teach it that there is no place for servants of the old guard in this new world. If you have to kill it, so be it. Just ensure the demons don't.... interfere."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:28:32 pm by WyrdByrd »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 04, 2019, 09:23:21 pm »

Free Awake from his bindings

Odd sensations flow into Ira's mind through her connection with the Nothingness. Most come from Shardforms near the Shifting Bog, after Gral imbues him with understanding. She can feel it as their minds expand, becoming stronger and faster so that they can overcome the base instincts that directed them before. Their fully-awakened souls are similar to those of the Fragments, but some vague quirk in Ira's perception makes them seem entirely different. It is almost like they have another entity lodged inside them.

A more recognizable presence also pops into Ira's mind. Awake's mind is unique, even more so than other intelligent Shardforms. Its thoughts all feel familiar, as if Ira was already aware of them without really noticing it, and right now she can tell that he is... silent. It prompts her to tunnel back to the sand dune where she left him after rescuing him from Nazir.

Awake hasn't untied himself yet, so Ira blows a concentrated stream of Non-Breath over him to dissolve the restraints. It melts the silk instantly and frays the aetheric wards, which crumple a few moments later. Awake becomes visible as soon as the gas clears. He is staring at the World-Eater expressionlessly.

"Oh shit, my deers are in trouble I've got to go save them!"
Run and get the bus, then drive to where the deer men are and rescue them.

4 v 2

Dr. Bob follows his old footprints until the trail takes him within sight of the tower. From there he runs to the bus, which is parked on the outer edge of the moat, and hops into the driver's seat. The perpetual-motion engine goes straight to full power, making the wheels shriek as he pulls out of his driveway at a hundred miles per hour. It takes him across the desert at a hundred-fifty, limited only by uneven terrain, air resistance, and the structural integrity of Bob's vehicle. Getting to the sandstorm doesn't take long at all.

The sand is displaying a kind of directed fury that Dr. Bob has never seen from it before. The cloud that he noticed from a distance is the result of thousands of tendrils churning the ground, scattering as much mass as they can. Some airborne chunks whiz through the air like bullets, and with about the same amount of kinetic force. They ping off the sides of the bus as it dives into the center of the storm, and Bob takes a moment to appreciate the reinforced walls. Normal glass probably would've crumpled like cardboard.

One final rev of the engine brings him out the other side of the stormwall, and seemingly into another world. The ground is still and lifeless here, unlike the maelstrom outside. The wheels of the bus are also churning through soil rather than sand. The ground here is rich and loamy, almost ideal for supporting plant life even without the freshwater springs that dot the ground. Once something is planted, it'll probably take all of five seconds for this patch of land to become an oasis.

It'd almost be peaceful, if not for the giant steel machine at the center of the area. It's a mass of pistons and gears, mostly arranged in configurations that make no logical sense. They rip golden energy from the sand and channel it into a series of pipes, which concentrate it and direct it into the ground.

The life machine is surrounded by a motley crew of technicians. Bob sees a Merchant directing a crew of Ironwinged, who twist the input pipe around until it points at the Glass Tower. They're surrounded by Deer-Men, who run up to the bus as soon as they see it approaching. One tells Dr. Bob that they tried to make it home by going through the storm. Most of them were just forced backwards, but a few people got snatched up by the sand. They haven't been seen since.

"Ughh, lets try again"
Recollect the goo and morph it back to it's orginal state, do the same thing again but now solidfy only the top part.

AJAMA collects the solidified chunks and renders them back down into ordinary ooze. It tosses each reconstituted blob back into the rest of the ooze mass, which it has stopped pressurizing for the time being. Not every lost piece of the goop can be found, but eventually the Demiurge has gathered enough to experiment with. It applies pressure to the ooze again, this time in a slightly different pattern. Rather than compressing goop into a dense ball, it applies force directly to the top and works its way downwards. Eventually the impact site becomes more dense, hardening into into gelatinous chunks which then solidify completely.

The chunks fuse together, forming a plate of solid material at the top of the blob. The surface is about as brittle as the core was, but AJAMA takes solace in how it isn't flying in twenty different directions. Some preliminary stress testing reveals that it should be sturdy enough for a mortal to stand on, if not quite as durable as real stone. If anything, the brittleness will probably just give it a tendency to crumble at the edges.

Take part in this epic battle of dustwalkers and metal birds against sand together with 7 primelings and their legions, delegate the planning to this unnamed genius primeling. ( or not unnamed )

Since now, my child, you will be known as Sekhmet. 

Parun, my child, you and your children are some of greatest killers our kind has produced, are you sure, that diplomacy is what we need to focus on in such desperate times and if it is correct usage of superior genetics and soulweaving you passed through become above other spidrrlings?

Ekbor, you are all, what I ever wanted spiderlings to be, I am proud of you, son

((Mostly waiting on Gral to initiate this battle. Unless he already did and I misinterpreted it?))

Sekhmet bows to Nazir as she accepts her name. She smiles proudly and leaves to review the battle plans, which are woven into a silk tapestry with knot-script. As far as anyone else can tell, her process seems to involve staring into space for five minutes at a time, being roused by a nearby Sentinel, and then making frantic adjustments to the knots for ten to twenty minutes before falling into another fugue. The officers in her legion assure Nazir that this is normal.

Parun takes several minutes to consider the Weaver's words before replying. Ekhor just grins.

"I'm not certain. It's true that we are the most powerful soldiers on the Web, but we already have nine legions dedicated to killing. Surely there will be a need for other skills, in the time to come, and as ambassadors we do serve as symbols of the Web's might. But I'm also terrified that the Web will fall, or that one of my brothers or sisters will die because I wasn't there to defend them."

"Thank you, father. You won't be disappointed."

Hynsyr announces his intent to leave on a Journey to further the Cycle elsewhere for a time. He makes it clear that should he be needed then the Prismatics should contact him.

Once that is over with Hynsyr will set forth to find a place yet untouched by any of his siblings or their creations.

The Prismatics nod and wish Hynsyr luck in his travels. They promise to create a grand offering in preparation for his return, and to continue developing the city's infrastructure. The seven also accompany him to the gate, using the time to brief him about their ongoing projects. More Spiderlings have come to the Spires, and work on the Golden Web is scheduled to begin soon. Moreover, Warpriests have gathered enough disciples to form the core of a standing army. They're planning to blood themselves by hunting the remnants of the demon horde.

Eventually the Titan arrives at the edge of the city and bids the Lightfolk goodbye. He strides into the desert until he is beyond the light of the stars and the shadow of the Great Web. This part of the world is nothing but empty sand, untouched by either the Primordials or their mortal children.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:39:19 pm by Whisperling »

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 04, 2019, 09:29:23 pm »

(Sorry about that. Edited my post. Also, I meant to try to get rid of the flood water with that first blast. Guess I should have worded things better.)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 05, 2019, 01:18:13 pm »

Gral, I thought, that you wanted to take part into dismantling this monstrous reign of sand? Are you joining this battle your merchant of the West planned?

Also, did you just try to enslave my children through selling modified aids,? Are you ever stopping your messing with inner politics of spiderkind? Do I need to design invisible to eye micro parasitic spiders  breeding inside your offspring and causing vultures to blow up? 

As all parts are set, and seven sentinels and their legions are in place with brilliant tactical plan of Sekhmet, initiate the battle. Assist dustwalkers, sentinel legions and whatever is there in defeating the sand once and for all( there are vulture mercenaries, merchant of the West, dustwalkers and three headed giant worm, according to previous turns, lots of stuff)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 05, 2019, 01:53:00 pm »

"I knew we never should have trusted that bird. Okay everyone on the bus we're going to try to find the others."
Drive the bus into the storm and try to find the lost deer men, if they can't get into the bus on their own I will try to grab them while holding on to the bus, no one else is to try to do this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 05, 2019, 01:58:08 pm »

Let the goo to grow for enough time so all the Fragments can step on it, investigate the diffrence between the nothingness ooze and mine.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 05, 2019, 03:58:27 pm »

Agree to the deal, and retrieve the  expeditionary force, debriefing West on the way back Afterwards, join the fight.

North should begin selling the process to the tribes, looking for ways to increase the Nest's sphere of influence.

East should begin working on a series of metal amplifiers,  increasing the passive range of the machine. Since the machines didn't stop the flooding like we intended, focus on the flood waters themselves, making the Tower's water even grander than before.

(Sorry about that. Edited my post. Also, I meant to try to get rid of the flood water with that first blast. Guess I should have worded things better.)

(('Tis fine.))

North: 3
East: 3 & Ironweavers: 6

Gral provides the Merchant of the West with a summary of recent events while they are finalizing their deal with the Shardforms. It doesn't know about the construction of the Life Machine, the Bone Fortress battle plans, or the photosynthesis marketing campaign, and so their discussion lasts up until the moment they arrive at the Silken Nest.

Meanwhile, North is brokering deals with the Tribes. Interest is hard to drum up, since most of them are currently occupied with matters related to the Bone Fortress, but the Merchant notifies Gral that several bulk purchases could be in the works. Several groups of ordinary Spiderlings will buy enhancements even if there are strings attached. The Scarred might be willing to give Ironwinged preferential treatment in their market in return for the Weavings, but they are wary of giving the Nest more influence over their tribe.

The Merchant is also approached by a representative of the Order of Strands. They offer to provide two favors to the Ironwinged in return for the right to distribute photosynthesis Weavings themselves.

Technicians reverse the flow of the machine, which infuses the Tower's water with vast amounts of vitality. Plant matter in the garden becomes green and vibrant again, then expand explosively across the canal. Dense thickets of corn and hemp grow near every puddle.

When Gral lands on the Silken Nest, he picks up a cloth sack filled with weapons and leaves again immediately. He flies towards the Bone Fortress, where several other factions are already marshaling their forces. The Dustwalkers and Buzzards have prepared themselves to lead the coalition, which now consists of Gral, Nazir, and mortals from every corner of the world. There are Spiderlings from every clan, Primelings with their Sentinel legions, and even a few Lightfolk adventurers. A large group of Fragments is puttering around outside the walls, mostly gathered near Apollyon and AJAMA.

Eyes open in nearby dunes as the sand takes notice. The war against it will begin soon.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 04:02:58 pm by Whisperling »

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 05, 2019, 07:01:39 pm »

Ira hears of the war from a passing spiderling and decides to help against the sands
"I know me and spider-kind have had our differences, but I will always help in a war with the sands."
el basurero

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 05, 2019, 07:18:07 pm »

Ira hears of the war from a passing spiderling and decides to help against the sands
"I know me and spider-kind have had our differences, but I will always help in a war with the sands."

"Glad to hear it. On second thought, let's wait on that second favor. Wouldn't want to interfere with everything going on.

[

Also, did you just try to enslave my children through selling modified aids,? Are you ever stopping your messing with inner politics of spiderkind? Do I need to design invisible to eye micro parasitic spiders  breeding inside your offspring and causing vultures to blow up? 

As all parts are set, and seven sentinels and their legions are in place with brilliant tactical plan of Sekhmet, initiate the battle. Assist dustwalkers, sentinel legions and whatever is there in defeating the sand once and for all( there are vulture mercenaries, merchant of the West, dustwalkers and three headed giant worm, according to previous turns, lots of stuff)
Not at all, Nazir.  My focus would be more external than internal, and entirely for the benefit of adding complexity. After all, Bargain inherently requires something to barter, and letting some of my oldest and closest customers  languish and fight amongst  one another for something as cheap as light is unthinkable.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 05, 2019, 09:27:26 pm »

Now that he is away from the eyes and senses of his siblings and their children Hynsyr begins to work on creating a technique. He attempts to condense his light around and shape it into the form of a gigantic, three faced, hundred armed humanoid. Hynsyr would be located in the Humanoid body's head and control the larger form from there.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #329 on: April 06, 2019, 12:08:24 am »

They dive downwards, towards a group of incorporeal black wisps and oozes-creatures that look more like holes in existence than real matter. Some jet directly past Ashe, coming so close that they nearly cut her with their talons.
Ashe panics and runs away!

If I escape then I want to look for shiny things near water so that I have somewhere to escape to.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35