Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60638 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2019, 01:01:24 am »

Transfer my essence and soul to the goo eating goo, consume the rest of the chaos ooze, stop it's ability and will, and then harden a sphere that will be my body again.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2019, 07:50:08 am »

Since the Titan won't be swayed, leave. No point in risking skin for the ignorant.  Then, fly back to the nest, grab Kuhaku, then use it to bring the rain upon the world.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2019, 08:59:07 am »

Now have both groups work separately on armour for sentinels, they would try  to mix non encumbering steel plate and shielding enchantments used on amulets, laying out enchantments over bigger surface of armour instead of focusing them in tiny peace of jewelry should disperse magic enough not to blow up armour occupant. Oversee both groups.

My children, before I leave you to your own devices, there are some things for you to do, first one is organizing High Council of the web, consisting of representative of each spiderling caste , representative for order of strands and any over weaving clans and one of  primelings( may demigod spiderlings get renamed to this?just so they are not called demigod)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2019, 10:46:04 am »

Hynsyr remains silent. He gave his only warning and will not be swayed. The Titan both unable to reconcile the Eternal Cycle to the ideas of the Bargain and untrusting of his siblings in general.
Since the Titan won't be swayed, leave. No point in risking skin for the ignorant.  Then, fly back to the nest, grab Kuhaku, then use it to bring the rain upon the world.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

The Prismatic nods and points Gral towards a plaza in the center of the city, where the Titan is standing watch over his creations. The vulture hovers above him and announces its presence to the entire city, but instead of allowing it to forge any deals, Hynsyr raises his twelve hands and conjures a spear of light in each. He aims them directly at Gral's heart, and demands the Contractor's departure on pain of death.

Suitably deterred, Gral leaves and flies back into the Great Web. It ascends past the silken nest and to Nazir's perch at the top of the web, where ten demigods in the shape of spiders are gathering an army of Sentinels. Kuhaku is still exactly where the Contractor deposited him after rescuing him from the demons, so it picks him up again, this time to drag him to a point just above the Web. There, Gral shrieks at the catatonic body until it instinctively reaches for its power, causing sprays of water to erupt from the air. Droplets of it continuously rain down on the ground, which becomes saturated with moisture.

--------------

The Winged start creating weapons and armor with contractual magic woven into the steel. The spells bind anyone who uses the equipment, applying a mental compulsion that forces them to follow the orders of the Winged or accomplish a particular task. This technique is initially used to create more complex deals by bartering favors for material goods, but many of the pact-armaments eventually change hands, press-ganging completely different Spiderlings into service. This does give Gral's servants control of a small army, hidden among the other factions of the Web, but the Ironwinged are somewhat concerned by the moral implications.

The Buzzards swoop at the demons again, but this time their enemies are more prepared for an aerial assault. Larger demons and those with long arms snatch the birds out of the air and smash them on the ground, where they are vulnerable to attack by the rest of the horde. The captured buzzards die slowly as demons rip out feathers and tear the brass flesh beneath apart with their claws.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2019, 10:48:14 am »

Graal, enslavement of my children is big no no, stop immediately

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2019, 10:59:25 am »

"Okay everyone out of the glowy water, it turns out it filled with ghosts and I think it might piss people off if we mess with it to much, I was gonna say we go see the glowing town but the guy in charge of it seems like he might not want us there, so were gonna do something else."
Gather everyone back up into the bus and drive back to the tower and dig a pit to hold water, so we can have water that doesn't have ghosts in it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2019, 11:37:00 am »

Hynsyr will now attempt sculpt his light into a grand Temple-Fortress to house Yig at the center of the Light Spires.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 11, 2019, 11:53:53 am »

"Not my idea.  But no need to worry."
Ban Ironweavers from  selling pacted arms to the denizens of the Great Web, at least to the degree that would make this a problem.  Instead, have them focus on crafting  set of  armor for the Buzzards to wear, in order to supply them  for their demon assault. In the meantime, attempt to coax sections of Kuhaku's consciousness out via the power of Bargain, in an effort to further the water cycle.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 07:01:56 pm by WyrdByrd »

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 11, 2019, 04:47:38 pm »

Ira tries to tunnel through the sand faster hoping her tenuous grip on the heat will hold
el basurero

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2019, 08:03:43 pm »

I may or may not be able to get a turn up tonight. Not sure which way it will go, but this is advance warning if I don't post.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2019, 06:01:05 am »

Ban Ironweavers from  selling pacted arms to the denizens of the Great Web, at least to the degree that would make this a problem.  Instead, have them focus on crafting  set of  armor for the Buzzards to wear, in order to supply them  for their demon assault. In the meantime, attempt to coax sections of Kuhaku's consciousness out via the power of Bargain, in an effort to further the water cycle.

Such unresponsible usage of weaving and tainting of noble art would be problem in any degree.
I don't understand, why your servants would want to anger legions of genetically superior murderers commanded by ten demigods rivaling me in power and supported by immaterial weavers who defeated death.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2019, 07:14:24 am »

Such unresponsible usage of weaving and tainting of noble art would be problem in any degree.
I don't understand, why your servants would want to anger legions of genetically superior murderers commanded by ten demigods rivaling me in power and supported by immaterial weavers who defeated death.

"Believe me, your guess is as good as mine."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2019, 09:40:30 pm »

Become.

Somewhere deep inside himself, Awake can feel pieces of Nothingness slotting into place. The Shardforms, the Fragments, the Demons and the Absent Heart all spiral together, to form one complete, utterly shattered Soul. He remembers the infinitte time-before-time, when the barest shred of consciousness existed in an infinite desert, and then he manifests, and for an instant ALTERTH is whole once more. Nothingness springs from its body, entirely unaffected by the heat, and it snatches Gyaweft's artifacts up with nonexistent hands. The armor-corpse rests in one palm, gaze still mocking, and the Empty plucks the axehead from its molten resting place with the other. Only then does it feel itself waver.

ALTERTH runs from the Smelter's Grave. Is essence destabilizes, returning back to the sand which devoured it and the empty atmosphere where it died, but the dead primordial does not stop until it is far from the heat, at the very edge of the fiery glass crater. There it lays down its burdens and dissolves, leaving a half-melted Shardform unconscious on the ground.

Transfer my essence and soul to the goo eating goo, consume the rest of the chaos ooze, stop it's ability and will, and then harden a sphere that will be my body again.

3 v 5

AJAMA forces its soul out of its body and towards the ooze-eating ooze that now surrounds it. The cannibalistic goop shudders under the spiritual onslaught, but instead of yielding to the Demiurge, it undergoes a spontaneous transformation. The faint scraps of awareness which allow it to sense and devour other materials organize themselves, becoming a rudimentary mind. The new Ooze Elemental does not have a particularly complex mind, but it instinctively knows how to defend itself. By blindly pushing outwards with its will, it drives most of AJAMA's essence back into the primordial's own body.

Once the spiritual attacks don't immediately resume, the Elemental nibbles at other blobs of ooze surrounding it. It tentatively absorbs a thimbleful of AJAMA's body.

Now have both groups work separately on armour for sentinels, they would try  to mix non encumbering steel plate and shielding enchantments used on amulets, laying out enchantments over bigger surface of armour instead of focusing them in tiny peace of jewelry should disperse magic enough not to blow up armour occupant. Oversee both groups.

My children, before I leave you to your own devices, there are some things for you to do, first one is organizing High Council of the web, consisting of representative of each spiderling caste , representative for order of strands and any over weaving clans and one of  primelings( may demigod spiderlings get renamed to this?just so they are not called demigod)

((Primelings it is!))

5 , 3 , 3

After spreading their original shielding enchantment across a greater quantity of material, the original group of armor-Weavers finally meets with some success. Their design still isn't particularly stable, but it can absorb significantly more force than ordinary armor before there is any risk of an explosion. An overload would likely still be lethal if it did occur, but any Sentinel who takes enough punishment to trigger one might already be dead if they were wearing ordinary steel plate.

When the bio-weavers see this version of the armor, one of them has a breakthrough. A few simple modifications to the Weaving allows magical instability to be vented prematurely, rather than building up to a single deadly explosion. They create an additional enchantment which allows Sentinels to release stored energy as blasts of telekinetic force, which can be used both to attack enemies and provide further shielding by turning away weapons. The design requires almost no improvement, but Nazir does make a few minor adjustments to improve the Force-Plate's efficiency.

The Weaver also calls for a delegates from each major group on the Web. They trickle in as the weavers are working, and once they are done, the first High Council of the Great Web convenes.

"Okay everyone out of the glowy water, it turns out it filled with ghosts and I think it might piss people off if we mess with it to much, I was gonna say we go see the glowing town but the guy in charge of it seems like he might not want us there, so were gonna do something else."
Gather everyone back up into the bus and drive back to the tower and dig a pit to hold water, so we can have water that doesn't have ghosts in it.

6+1 , 2

To a diplomatic incident, Dr. Bob herds his progeny back into their bus and drives away from the light sea at maximum speed. It's something of a relief when no blazing spears of radiance descend from the heavens to impale them.

The group heads back to the base of the tower, were the Deer-Men disembark once again. Bob finds a few glass odds and ends that could conceivable be mistaken for shovels, then hands them out, with orders to dig a large hole in an area that is receiving rainfall. The mortals take to the task with gusto, having been inspired by their tropical vacation, and soon sand and mud is flying everywhere as the Deer-Men dig holes at maximum speed. After a while Dr. Bob chisels a proper shovel and joins them, albeit with slightly less enthusiasm for trench-digging.

When they've finished, the tower is standing on the single island in the center of a nascent lakebed. The bottom of the hole has already begun to fill, but Dr. Bob and his coterie still have enough time to evacuate before rain can push the water level much higher. As they step into the ground floor of the tower, the giant hole becomes a wide, singularly effective moat.

Hynsyr will now attempt sculpt his light into a grand Temple-Fortress to house Yig at the center of the Light Spires.

Hynsyr solidifies the light of his aura, then rends the resulting slab of material with all twelve of his hands. At first he places columns around the edge of the plaza, to provide support for the rest of the structure, but they are exceedingly brittle despite having been made from the Titans own radiance. Many of the pillars collapse as soon as Hynsyr places another block of light on top of them. The rest remain stable until they are jostled, or in one case, until a curious mortal tries leaning against the glowing material. He gets buried beneath a pile of light-shards for his trouble, and Hynsyr sees his spirit flow straight to Einyar.

Gral: 4
Ironweavers: 4

Production of the new pact-equipment drastically decreases, which turns out to be more comfortable for everyone involved. The Ironwinged were hesitant to make use of slave labor, but given that the assets were already in hand, they were hesitant to abandon their control over the thralls without Gral's permission. The Weavers are quick to remind everyone that the entire scandal was accidental, although they did show a distinct lack of foresight.

Most of the Winged who worked on Pacted items churn out armor for the buzzards instead. This is a relatively simple proposition, given that there are so few living buzzards left, so they also manage to accumulate a large surplus of bird-shaped armor. None of it can be sold to Spiderlings, but the Buzzards will be well-supplied if they ever need their gear replaced.

Gral continues to shriek at Kuhaku, who remains utterly unresponsive. The Mirror collects even larger quantities of water from the air, causing rivers and small lakes to form now that the ground itself is saturated, but it's unclear whether the Contractor has actually managed to inspire any independent thought. Even if the other primordial can hear its screams, would he have the inclination to respond?

Ira tries to tunnel through the sand faster hoping her tenuous grip on the heat will hold

2 v 3

Ira slips out of her restraints and keeps pulling at the heart, but the sand also has a hold on it now. They tug it back and forth through the sand, each doing their best to wrench it way from the others. They both fight fiercely for the prize, but for now the two beings appear to be an equal match. The Sand pins Ira down with tendrils, squeezes her with its mass, and shunts her from side to side with cleverly-placed sinkholes, but she isn't toothless herself. When the heart is about to be torn away from her grasp, the World-Eater scatters sand grains and bites through appendages until they back off.

The prize doesn't move an inch, but Ira belatedly realizes she has failed to account for the sand's allies. The earth around her churns as some other aspect of Nothingness looks for a chance to insert itself into the fight. The few times she glimpses it, it looks like a perfectly blank sphere, not unlike an Absent version of the Demiurge.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2019, 10:24:56 pm »

Well that worked considerably better than I could have expected.

Don the armor. Implore the sands to grant me an obsidian haft to complete the axe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2019, 11:00:54 pm »

Big wall of text

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35