Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60568 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2019, 10:33:27 pm »

Gral attempts to rework the Bargain to allow such an alteration, while healing the Winged  damaged in this way.  To the Brass Buzzards,  Gral gives them a task far more to their liking:   
 Track down the remainder of the demons around the Fortress, and take their wings.
As for the crippled Winged, have them develop a new language based  on the work of the Great  Web, designed to be understandable by everyone: a Bargainer's Tongue, if you would.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:17:46 pm by WyrdByrd »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2019, 10:49:50 pm »

Hynsyr is inspired by his newest act of creation. He attempts to teach his mortal children to transmute their magic into solid Light materials with the art he now calls Light Forging.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2019, 11:03:14 pm »

Ira wanders around the sand killing stray psuedopods and other creations of the sand
el basurero

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2019, 12:50:41 am »

From one of the goo globes I take some of the outer rings and solidify a sphere of non-light inside of it, then I remove the rings.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2019, 07:20:48 am »

Investigate with assistance of ancestors and other experienced weavers this spiritual webs forming on ancestors near weaving libraries phenomenon, try to find out if its dangerous and if it can be of use. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2019, 08:32:46 am »

Driven by fragmented memories and shards of dreams, Awake wanders the sands, and finally finds the glass crater where the world nearly shattered.
There, he finds what remains of a primordial. Perhaps a source of that power which he desperately lacks, being a mere Shardform.

Travel to the Smelter's Grave and don Gyaweft's charred armor, hoping to harness some remaining power within the artifact while hiding my identity from the Sand's enemies

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2019, 10:58:56 am »

"How'd you guys figure out how to make a glass robot? Also new rule, don't damage the glass tower unless you have to, because if we destroy it we'll have one less place the sand can't get us."
Lets see what the glass deer robot can do, then see if we can find any useful items in the upper floors of the tower.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2019, 09:46:58 pm »

Gral attempts to rework the Bargain to allow such an alteration, while healing the Winged  damaged in this way.  To the Brass Buzzards,  Gral gives them a task far more to their liking:   
 Track down the remainder of the demons around the Fortress, and take their wings.
As for the crippled Winged, have them develop a new language based  on the work of the Great  Web, designed to be understandable by everyone: a Bargainer's Tongue, if you would.

Gral: 5
Buzzards: 2 v 1
Winged: 3

Now that contractual alteration has failed, Gral delves into the Bargain itself. Bizarre symbols appear on its feathers and stream out into the air, where the vulture snatches them and rearranges them into new, progressively more complex shapes. The fundamental truths of Bargaining are laid bare, and restructured so that they do not extract a price when none is owed. If all parties have agreed to a pact, why should its fulfillment create a debt of blood and pain?

The spikes perforating the Winged Spiderlings' bodies retract, and metal infuses their silk instead. Ragged holes remain behind, but they bleed, scab over and scar in fast-forward until the puncture wounds have mostly healed.

Gral gives a command, and a mob of Brass Buzzards descends on every demon with wings. Their wounds make the assault ineffective, but most of the sand's creatures are too startled to retaliate right away.

As the Winged spiderlings recover from their ordeal, they study Nazir's system of knotwork and craft a more accessible written language of their own. It is essentially a revised version of the existing code, scratched into glass slabs as linework rather than tied into a strand of silk. The Buzzards can understand it well enough, though the knot-based patterns don't come as easily to them as to the Spiderlings.

Hynsyr is inspired by his newest act of creation. He attempts to teach his mortal children to transmute their magic into solid Light materials with the art he now calls Light Forging.

Hynsyr walks into the Lightfolks' city of spires and orders them to gather in the central plaza. They are already capable of transforming their light into physical objects, as demonstrated by the solid-light constructions that comprise the city, but the Titan demonstrates a more advanced version of the technique based the forging of the Rainbow Spears. It allows Lightfolk with enough control over their powers to create more potent materials, light metal or wood made entirely from luminescence. One particularly skilled mortal even crafts a live flower, which he offers up to Hynsyr as tribute. Each of its petals is a slightly different shade of gold.

Ira wanders around the sand killing stray psuedopods and other creations of the sand

6 v 6

Ira wanders away from the Dustwalkers, and out into the empty desert surrounding the world. There, she thrusts her mouth into the sand and guzzles it, slurping away as much as will fit inside her body. The earth responds by opening a sinkhole beneath her, which the worm only barely manages to dig her way out of. Fragments of nothiness emerge from the center of the hole and surround Ira. They focus their attention on the World-Eater, but refrain from attacking her.

From one of the goo globes I take some of the outer rings and solidify a sphere of non-light inside of it, then I remove the rings.

AJAMA strips away the outer layer of an ooze sphere and uses it to contain the non-light. Thick rays of the stuff bounce around inside the sphere, redirected by its black surface in exactly the same way ordinary radiance would be reflected by a mirror. More and more energy is trapped inside the sphere, but gouts of it leak out whenever AJAMA pokes a hole in the membrane. There is technically a complete ball of darkness inside, but if the ring is stripped away it will just dissipate again.

Investigate with assistance of ancestors and other experienced weavers this spiritual webs forming on ancestors near weaving libraries phenomenon, try to find out if its dangerous and if it can be of use. 

((To clarify- cobwebs are building up on the libraries themselves. Ancestors are just able to take a closer look at what's going on.))

1 , 4

Nazir gathers another conclave of Aetherweavers, who arrive expecting to learn another powerful technique. Instead, they are directed towards the libraries, where the Weaver points out the pieces of ethereal webbing which have begun to gather around spell-threads. The Ancestor spirits describe their own observations, and then research begins in earnest. Nazir helps the Order take samples and pick apart lengths of spontaneously-generated cobwebs, while less skilled Spiderlings chart out the surrounding aetheric currents.

The most plausible theory is proposed by a Scarred named Gilan, who has observed tangles in the cobwebs forming around one particularly intricate spell-tome. He posits that spells recorded in silk retain a small portion of their power. While individual spells have a negligible effect on the Aether, many gathered in one place can produce unique, effectively random magical effects. They will likely become more potent over time, as libraries grow larger.

Driven by fragmented memories and shards of dreams, Awake wanders the sands, and finally finds the glass crater where the world nearly shattered.
There, he finds what remains of a primordial. Perhaps a source of that power which he desperately lacks, being a mere Shardform.

Travel to the Smelter's Grave and don Gyaweft's charred armor, hoping to harness some remaining power within the artifact while hiding my identity from the Sand's enemies

Awake stretches his legs and wanders towards the glass crater, where patches of fire shine like beacons in the night. On his way he passes an area shrouded entirely in darkness. Oversized spiders routinely crawl out of the cloud to examine their surroundings and patrol the area. They possess a level of organization greater than Awake would expect from mere insects, though for some reason he does not find that particularly surprising.

One group notices Awake and immediately moves to surround him. A single spider scurries back into the darkness, while the ones forming a perimeter shout things like "obsidian" and "should kill it" and "archdemon." The diminutive creatures wave their legs at the Shardform in what they probably think is a menacing way.

"How'd you guys figure out how to make a glass robot? Also new rule, don't damage the glass tower unless you have to, because if we destroy it we'll have one less place the sand can't get us."
Lets see what the glass deer robot can do, then see if we can find any useful items in the upper floors of the tower.

The automaton can do more or less anything it is ordered to, although it lacks much in the way of creativity or original thought. While it does freeze up when told to do "something productive," its physical capabilities turn out to be significantly more impressive. The robot's body is much more durable than ordinary glass, and it proves itself to be capable of shattering a thick block of glass with only one blow. The deer-men eventually tell it to carry up more material from the base of the tower.

The towers' highest floors are entirely untouched. Not even the Spiderlings have ventured beyond the floors which intersect with Nazir's web. If nothing else, Dr. Bob does find that he can reach the roof by climbing to the very top of the staircase. There's not so much as a guardrail up there, but it does have a good view. Dr. Bob can see the entirety of the world below, from the spire-city of the Lightfolk to the libraries of the Web.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2019, 12:07:34 am »

Hynsyr accepts the flower tribute and makes his pleasure at the offering known.

Hynsyr shall now watch to see what his children will do with their new artifacts and more advanced magic.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2019, 01:25:28 am »

Awake chuckles a little at the spiderlings' waving display, and waves back.
"Hello, friends! I mean you no harm. The Primordials bring our two kinds into conflict, but I am sure that there is some way for us all to live in harmony, with each other and with the world.
I seek the grave of the smelter Gyaweft. I believe that a relic of that deceased Primordial lay there, its potential still waiting to be harnesses. Yes, even by mere mortals such as you or I. Would any of you wish to follow me on my journey? I cannot promise that my quest will bear fruit, but if it does surely you will stand to benefit as well, if you come along."

Diplomacy.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2019, 06:52:54 am »

Shrink the layer of ooze on the darkness, try to solidify it by pressure.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2019, 08:04:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Diplomacy.

Do you have reasons why my children should let live creation making demons threatening them ?
 Why should not they just unweave your spirit into unconnected strands?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2019, 09:04:20 am »

"That's a fancy robot you guys made way cooler than the thing I made is, also we're gonna be making a vehicle and hopefully it'll go better than last time."
Use some of the glass to make a bus, have the deer men help and the glass robot if it can.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2019, 09:29:12 am »

Awake chuckles a little at the spiderlings' waving display, and waves back.
"Hello, friends! I mean you no harm. The Primordials bring our two kinds into conflict, but I am sure that there is some way for us all to live in harmony, with each other and with the world.
I seek the grave of the smelter Gyaweft. I believe that a relic of that deceased Primordial lay there, its potential still waiting to be harnesses. Yes, even by mere mortals such as you or I. Would any of you wish to follow me on my journey? I cannot promise that my quest will bear fruit, but if it does surely you will stand to benefit as well, if you come along."

Diplomacy.
Gral, intrigued by the  spectacle, flies down to the Cloud, hovering above this newcomer.
  " Really? How  fascinating. Yet,  you make no mention of what you would do with such a power. Forgive my curiosity, but, not to place too fine a point, it is likely that  the one who made the sands this way would claim such actions bring 'harmony' too the world. "

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2019, 12:51:46 pm »

Create 10 loyal only to me  fabulous spider demigods to lead and protect spiderkind, they would be weaved into existance to make them naturally attuned to weaving, their skin would be covered by constantly shifting weaving patterns distracting their foes and repelling magic aimed at them. They will have poisonous acidic spit and shoot webs harder then steel. Attract most brilliant weavers to this weaving project.
This world is full of perils, time to give you my final and greatest gift before I can abandon you to your own devices
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:03:31 pm by sprinkled chariot »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35