Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60552 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2019, 01:24:31 am »

"Ah, my creation is hungry, and it seeks to consume me. Who am I to resist? That is the nature of life."

Change the Shardforms such that rather than blindly growing like a cancer from my essence, they take my mind, becoming living intelligent creatures.

Fragments of fragments, shards of shards. To be many, rather than one.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2019, 06:53:03 am »

Give all the spiders adept in weaving lesson on gaining immortality through attaching own soul to great net or some inanimate object, call most potentially gifted in weaving  from new scarred spiderlings to attend aswell, so they have weavers of their own   

My children, only true evil is ignorance, so I encourage you to never stop dwelling deeper into art of weaving to discover its great secrets.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2019, 08:29:03 am »

"Okay everybody we're looking for any kind of tools that could be in here, just stay away the bottom floors."
Search the tower for tools of any kind, while avoiding the bottom floors.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2019, 11:06:50 am »

Transform one of my orbs to a negative star: an object that radiate darkness as ordinary star radiate light
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2019, 11:19:05 am »

Ira prepares to defend the bone tree flashing her teeth
el basurero

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2019, 09:48:17 pm »

Hynsyr will dig further to extinguish this madness for he will not suffer this stain upon his Light. Einyar must not be separate from his will in any way. Einyar is an extension of Hynsyr so no impurity must be allow upon the Sea of Light.

5 v 3

Hynsyr thrusts one of his hands deep into the sea, towards the whispers of madness that continue faintly in the back of his mind. His fingers trail along the seafloor and kick up sand, shrouding the surface of the sea in clouds of mud and grime. He cannot see what lies below Einyar, but his hand closes on something with a soft, fleshy consistency, which he drags back up to the surface in short order. It squirms in his grasp, but cannot escape before he lifts it and dashes it upon the Einyar's shore.

The thing which polluted Einyar looks like a beached jellyfish, with a sickly green core buried somewhere inside its bell. The rest of the creature's body is made of the same golden light as the sea, but seems only half-formed, as if the rogue soul-splinter had not managed to create an entire body for itself before Hynsyr killed it.

Now that the corrupted part of the sea's spirit has been purged, the Lightfolk finally stop hearing voices in their minds. The few that die also cross over to the Golden Sea, where the outlines of their ghosts can be seen in the surf.

"Ah, my creation is hungry, and it seeks to consume me. Who am I to resist? That is the nature of life."

Change the Shardforms such that rather than blindly growing like a cancer from my essence, they take my mind, becoming living intelligent creatures.

Fragments of fragments, shards of shards. To be many, rather than one.

The Empty once again feeds itself to something born of the sands. As streams of its power trickle into the Shardforms, it transforms them from barely-conscious parasites to living beings with portions of the Empty's own consciousness. While the obsidian fragments immediately begin growing into the shapes of mortals and beasts, ALTERTH's identity has become too fractured to fill them completely. Their minds are stunted, and the Shards become animals rather than developing sapience like other mortals.

The Empty lives on inside them, as a kind of instinct buried within the Nothingness of their spirits. Its broken pieces still inhabit a single dream, hanging on only the slightest thread of conjoined awareness. Occasionally their stirrings echo out into Shardforms, as alien thoughts and memories that the beasts barely understand.

Give all the spiders adept in weaving lesson on gaining immortality through attaching own soul to great net or some inanimate object, call most potentially gifted in weaving  from new scarred spiderlings to attend aswell, so they have weavers of their own   

My children, only true evil is ignorance, so I encourage you to never stop dwelling deeper into art of weaving to discover its great secrets.

Weavers: 3 , Nazir: 5

The Aetherweavers once again climb to Nazir's nest at the top of the great web, joined by a handful of Scarred Spiderlings who have come to learn the first, fundamental secrets of Weaving. The primordial spider is elated to discover that a few members of the Order have already master the Soul-Attachment weaving. They carry out the ritual under Nazir's watchful gaze, and ascend to become the first spirits of the Great web.

The newly-minted Ancestors dance across the strands of the web, incorporeal and almost impossible to harm by mundane means. Other Aetherweavers find that they can they can be affected by wards and spiritual attacks, but even then it is surprisingly difficult to harm the bound spirits. They disassemble offensive Weavings with ease, having gained more intuitive control of the Aether when they transcended their physical forms.

None of the other Spiderlings feel confident enough in their abilities to try the process for themselves, but the Ancestors' success still inspires them to improve their own skills. They advance quickly, and when Nazir tells them to continue to delve into the secrets of the Aether, they agree with the primordial wholeheartedly. Most continue experimenting with new patterns as they leave the web, creating a plethera of new spells to add to their repertoires.

"Okay everybody we're looking for any kind of tools that could be in here, just stay away the bottom floors."
Search the tower for tools of any kind, while avoiding the bottom floors.

5 , 6

The Tower is almost entirely empty, despite stretching upwards for miles. Dr. Bob picks up a few glass odds and ends, and occasionally stumbles upon a Spiderling nest populated by immigrants from the great web, but his attempts to find actual tools don't bear much fruit. Gyaweft must not have used the tower much before moving on to other ventures.

He wanders back to the meeting place, only to find that the Deer-Men are still gone. They come back several hours later, working together to haul several tons of unworked glass up the stairs. They tell Dr. Bob about finding a makeshift workshop on the of the lower floors, filled with scraps of glass, sharp shards, and a few makeshift hammers and chisels, also made out of glass. The objects themselves aren't of much value, but the group probably has more raw material than it will ever need.

Transform one of my orbs to a negative star: an object that radiate darkness as ordinary star radiate light

AJAMA backs away from the sand's pseudopods, and moves one of the ooze-born spheres up into the air. There, the Demiurge modifies its substance again, altering the fundamental nature of the material and filling it with the tiniest sliver of black essence. The exterior of the orb becomes transparent, revealing a cloud of swirling black fog which now fills its interior. The darkness billows outwards, blocking the light of the true stars and blinding everyone within several hundred feet of the battlefield.

It is difficult to sense anything within the darkened area, even for a primordial which does not ordinarily use eyes to see. It seems that the negative star dampens more exotic kinds of perception as well as ordinary light.

Ira prepares to defend the bone tree flashing her teeth

5 v 5

Ira opens her mouth wide and lets the sand take a good, long look at her teeth. Its psuedopods reluctantly move away from the fortress, which is now almost fully-grown, allowing the Dustwalker clan to fortify their new home in peace. The Spiderlings are still on edge, especially because the sand dunes around the tree have continued to shift around rapidly, but the darkness created by AJAMA's star proves to be a strange sort of boon. Ira's allies drop their plan to ambush a mound, and the sand calms down after deciding that it wants nothing to do with the Demiurge's project.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2019, 10:34:54 pm »

Gral bestows upon the Winged the ability to weave and produce metal silk, and sends a delegation of these new Steelweavers to the scarred market, both to reconcile them and to trade. As for the Brass Buzzards, Gral leaves them to heal, and then attempts to impart a lesson upon them: pain, though an effective motivator, is ultimately an unsustainable resource, lasting only as long as it’s controller wields it and its recipient fears it.  In order to survive, one cannot rely on pain alone.Thus informed, Gral attempts to teach them skill, tactics, and, most importantly, control.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2019, 11:21:31 pm »

Hynsyr takes the corpse of his rogue soul splinter and uses his power to purify it by rebirth. From this piece of his soul he attempts to forge the Seven Rainbow Spears. Seven powerful artifacts that will act as both weapons for the Prismatics and instruments with which to safely channel their powers. For if he wishes for his children to be able to provide Tribute than his creations will need the ability to stand on even footing with the dangers of the this world.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2019, 01:07:23 am »

Shards of shards.

I am Awake. I'm no beast, I see the world for what it is.
I am but a Shardform, holding no power but my two hands, my voice, and however much of the Empty Primordial's essence remains in me.
My greatest hope is that the other Shardforms can be awakened.

((One mortal versus every primordial fighting for control of the world let's goooooooooooooo))

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2019, 02:41:27 am »

Shards of shards.

I am Awake. I'm no beast, I see the world for what it is.
I am but a Shardform, holding no power but my two hands, my voice, and however much of the Empty Primordial's essence remains in me.
My greatest hope is that the other Shardforms can be awakened.

((One mortal versus every primordial fighting for control of the world let's goooooooooooooo))
((Honestly the most important question is what the sand is going to do with you))

From the pure darkness forge a sphere made of darkness.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:18:43 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2019, 07:15:15 am »

"Okay you guys make whatever you want, while I also make something."
Let the deer men build whatever they want from the glass, while I make a gun out of glass.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2019, 07:25:02 am »

Show weavers how individual can write up  secrets of weaving into certain library part of webway to promote sort of intertribe knowledge and spells spreading and achievements in studied passing to next generations, make this knowledge repository guarded from nonspiderlings

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2019, 02:12:08 pm »

Ira says goodbye to the Dustwalkers and gives one last gift. The three-headed worm: A giant three-headed worm made out of Ira's blood and Dustwalker corpses on the battlefield whose sole purpose is to serve the Dustwalkers
el basurero

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2019, 08:55:20 pm »

I think I'm going to have to push back the turn to finish some work. Sorry about the delay.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2019, 10:21:41 pm »

One tiny piece of a soul settles into a new body. Its memories are vague and incomplete, but something about this process feels familiar.

A Shardform climbs to its feet. It is humanoid, unlike many of its fellows, and its eyes gleam with uncharacteristic intelligence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gral bestows upon the Winged the ability to weave and produce metal silk, and sends a delegation of these new Steelweavers to the scarred market, both to reconcile them and to trade. As for the Brass Buzzards, Gral leaves them to heal, and then attempts to impart a lesson upon them: pain, though an effective motivator, is ultimately an unsustainable resource, lasting only as long as it’s controller wields it and its recipient fears it.  In order to survive, one cannot rely on pain alone.Thus informed, Gral attempts to teach them skill, tactics, and, most importantly, control.

Gral: 1
Buzzards: 2

Gral writes a new provision into the Wingeds' contract, meant to let them produce steel wire instead or silk. The extra words send waves of pressure rippling through the Bargain, causing the Spiderlings' bodies to morph. Metal needles materialize inside their exoskeletons and expand outwards, piercing their flesh like spears rather than coming out their spinnerets as intended. A few immediately die from the internal damage, but the majority of Gral's servants merely collapse, struggling to move despite the length of metal piercing their joints. None are in any position to glide away from the Nest.

The Buzzards listen to Gral patiently, but after his lesson is complete they show no real desire to change their ways. The flock swoops down to the sand, where they amuse themselves by pecking at stray pseudopods and terrorizing any mortals unfortunate enough to cross their path.

Hynsyr takes the corpse of his rogue soul splinter and uses his power to purify it by rebirth. From this piece of his soul he attempts to forge the Seven Rainbow Spears. Seven powerful artifacts that will act as both weapons for the Prismatics and instruments with which to safely channel their powers. For if he wishes for his children to be able to provide Tribute than his creations will need the ability to stand on even footing with the dangers of the this world.

Hynsyr picks up the jellyfish corpse and allows his aura to burn it away, purging the gelatinous flesh of corruption. The cleansed soul-splinter is remade in the form of glowing metal, radiant with the thousands of shifting hues which appear in the Titan's eyes. Hynsyr stares at it, and his gaze hits the material like a smith's hammer. The metal shatters into seven chunks, which are masterfully crafted into seven deadly spears. The Prismatics approach cautiously to receive their weapons, heads bowed in silent awe.

As their hands close over the Rainbow Spears, the Prismatics' auras transform into massive columns of light. Their powers of creation are magnified tenfold when channeled through the spheres, made so intense that abstract shapes form and disperse around the kaleidoscopic lightfolk with each stray thought. One gives her spear an experimental twirl and a beam of energy sweeps across the sand, glassing everything in its path.

From the pure darkness forge a sphere made of darkness.

AJAMA sinks their mental tendrils into the darkness. They gather rays of negative light into a globule of blackness, so dark the area inside is impossible to perceive. The Demiurge tries to solidify the clump into yet another sphere, but finds it difficult to keep control of the concentrated darkness. Black fog leaks out of their grasp like water and splashes across AJAMA's surroundings as clouds of unglowing anti-radiation. Some lingers in the ground, and in the branches of the bone fortress.

"Okay you guys make whatever you want, while I also make something."
Let the deer men build whatever they want from the glass, while I make a gun out of glass.

Dr. Bob: 4
Deer-Men: 6+1

Dr. Bob picks up one of the smaller bits of glass and carves it into a tube, which forms the base of his new weapon. He forges thin panes and shards into clockwork pieces and hydraulic pistons to attach to one end of the hollow cylinder, where a basic mechanism takes shape, and molds a half-molten globule like clay to create a suitable grip. When the main body of the device is complete, he chisels away at the corners of his scraps until they are spherical ammunition, which he stows in his pockets. Bob drops one bullet into the end of the gun and pulls the trigger, which sends the glass sphere hurtling through the wall of the tower and out to the web, where it bounces off a strand of silk and shatters into a million sharp pieces.

When he is done admiring his handwork, the Deer-Men reveal their own creation. At first Dr. Bob assumes that it is a life-size replica of a Deer-Man, but when he congratulates his children on their artistic skills, they shake their heads and fiddle with something on the glass statue's back. Gears clink somewhere inside it, and the the automaton's limbs shudder to life. It strides forwards with mechanical precision and stands at attention in front of Bob.

Show weavers how individual can write up  secrets of weaving into certain library part of webway to promote sort of intertribe knowledge and spells spreading and achievements in studied passing to next generations, make this knowledge repository guarded from nonspiderlings

Nazir tells his students about the strange sorcery known as "writing," and creates a simple knotwork alphabet for them so that they can record their new spells. It involves weaving very specific patterns into strands of silk, which can then be carried manually or woven into the vast library-tapestries which hang from designated locations on the great web. This makes writing trivial for Spiderlings, who can make their own thread and examine knots in minute detail, but nearly impossible for anyone else.

Now that Weavers have an easy way to record and exchange spells, Aetherweaving on the web enters an unprecedented golden age. Many obscure techniques become common knowledge, and each tribe develops several unique workings which differentiate their Aetherweavers from the rest. Many also think to encode more mundane knowledge in books, so that even non-Weavers can benefit.

Only the Ancestors, who have a better view of the spirit world than most, notice something strange occurring near the new Tapestries. When many written spells are gathered in one place, cobwebs of aether spontaneously begin to collect on them.

Ira says goodbye to the Dustwalkers and gives one last gift. The three-headed worm: A giant three-headed worm made out of Ira's blood and Dustwalker corpses on the battlefield whose sole purpose is to serve the Dustwalkers

Ira uses her mouth to drag the blood and gore littering the battlefield into one large pile. She coils herself around it, using her own body to incubate the dead flesh and fashion it into a living being. A second worm takes shape inside this improvised worm, with a body that splits into three heads. The new worm is tiny as compared to Ira, and by her standards a mere child, but it is still the World-Eater's own flesh and blood. Primordial energies course through its veins, flowing from a spark of essence nestled in the seven chambers of its heart.

The Three-Headed Worm will grow in both size and power, but that may take a long while. For now, it takes its place among the Dustwalkers and makes a burrow in the center of their new fortress.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:00:02 pm by Whisperling »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35