Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60476 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2019, 03:04:34 pm »

Enemies of my children are my enemies, you will not stop your attempts to create spider eating gryphs.

"And what makes you think they'd eat your children?  My concern is on the thing spawned below.  Despite whatever differences we may have,  it seems likelier that we'd come to a common  cause against the creatures of the Sand, especially one capable of  traversing the skies.  You needn't aid me against this threat, but you should at least understand my desire to protect my domain.  After all,  the demon could reach your web, too."

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2019, 04:08:51 pm »

Action edited to non agressive one

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2019, 10:35:15 pm »

Gral falls back to the safety of the Silken nest, and has the followers not engaged in defense pick the maggots out of its body, and seal them in tightly wound balls of silk. While this happens,  it creates Brass Buzzards out of  its own shed metal feathers.

Winged Spiderlings: 5 v 4
Gral: 6

Gral allows itself to drift down to the Silken Nest, where a legion of Winged Spiderlings awaits his arrival. A thick mass of arachnids crawls over the vulture to manually drag maggots from its flesh. The steel larvae have buried themselves deeply in the primordial's body, but arachnids drag them out with fangs and long strands of silk. Some must be ripped from Gral's body, usually alongside large chunks of flesh, but the Contractor grits its teeth through the pain. Better to excise the infection now, when the maggots haven't had a chance to feast on its organs.

The maggots are contained in silk cocoons as soon as they're torn away from Gral, but their bindings are less than secure. A few eat through the strands and throw themselves off of the Nest. Starlight glints off their carapaces as they fall to the ground.

While its followers work, Gral plucks a few feathers from its poisoned wing and assembles them into smaller birds. Their metal bodies darken, transitioning from the light silver of steel to the deep gold of brass, and the Contractor allows a little of its own being to seep into them as they awaken. The buzzards' movements are smooth, but Gral notices that their bodies have a few very sharp edges, and their eyes burn with reflected pain.

I am weakened. Rest, and dream.

Feeling itself grow faint, the Empty retreats beneath the sands to sleep. Its consciousness slips away, attached to its essence only by the thinnest of strings, and withdraws into its own mind. Within its mind, the soul hovers above a vast expanse of sand. This is not the living sand that it has grown accustomed to, or the confused sand waging war against itself. It is broad and untouched, just as it was before the world began.

Fragments of nothingness float above it. A chunk of ALT's arm drifts passed, followed by amorphous pockets of liquid Empty and wisps of essence that hang in the air like streams of smoke. The Empty feels a kind of kindred with them, even though it can't recall where many of the pieces came from. And eventually, it realizes that it isn't just walking among them. It is the largest fragment, and the most significant, but it drifts along just like the rest.

"Dustwalkers you fight the psuedopods, I will handle the paltry excuse of a dragon."

Ira charges the arch-demon and coils around it, crushing it's obsidian body to pieces (hopefully)

Sand: 5 v Dustwalkers: 5
Ira: 1 v Archdemon: 5

The Dustwalkers surround their bone-tree, ganging up on the sand's pseudopods whenever they move within biting range. While a few smaller limbs prod and slap at the mass of Spiderlings, most of the sand's larger constructions circle the battlefield in search of an opening that does not yet exist. The tribe is content to leave them alone while Ira wrangles the giant monster bearing down on them.

Ira wraps itself around its archdemon counterpart, but the dragon's obsidian body is sharp. The edges of its wings dig into the World-Eater's flesh, and the jagged edges of its limbs pierce the worm like so many spears. Ira backpedals and tries to disentangle itself before it can be hurt any worse, but the archdemon uses its own serpentine body to prevent its opponent from getting away.

"You now possess the gift of life and the gift of creation. Use these gifts and live your mortal lives as you wish. Spread, create, learn, and worship. Enjoy the wonders of life but know that I shall always be watching until the time of Tribute. You are my chosen creations which are bound to the Cycle and therefore both enjoy it's benefits and bear it's burden. I eagerly await what you shall do with your gifts."

Hynsyr shall now let the Lightfolk do as they please. Vigilantly watching to both observe what his creations will do with their gifts and to make sure that the others of his kind will not tamper with them so early into the Age of Tribute.

Hynsyr leaves the Lightfolk to their own devices, but keeps a careful watch over them from his place in the desert. A ominous voice speaks to him from the sand, and promises that it will one day break the cycle, but those promises are only words. There are no other threats to Hynsyr's children, and so he gazes at them in silence as they venture out into the world. The mortals are unaccustomed to this world, and as they explore they marvel at the size of the great web and the peculiar motion of the sands. A few look up at the sky, wondering whether it was Hynsyr who created the sun and stars.

The Lightfolk are frightened when they see the twisted forms of demons on the horizon, but realize that they can prepare themselves for the worst. They channel their powers of creation, and a few spires of light flicker into existence above the sands. Many have irregularities, like uneven side lengths or bizarre holes in the walls, but they make serviceable shelters. If enemies approach, they will be fairly defensible as well.

Summon most gifted sand spiderlings and winged spiderlings and aetherweavers to give them lesson on weaving destructive words of power to harm nonspiderlings by unweaving their spirit

Weaving is an art holding immense power for those daring to dwell deep into its secrets

Nazir uses strands of silk to gather up a few Spiderlings from each of the nascent clans. The chosen Dustwalkers are confused at first, after preparing to fight the archdemons just moments ago, and the Winged Spiderlings are suspicious of Nazir after watching what the great spider did to Gral. They are comforted slightly by the presence of the Aetherweathers, who limp in on weakened legs. They teach the basics of Weaving to the other tribes while Nazir calls their court to order.

The primordial teaches them an entirely new technique, with far more destructive power than any feat of Weaving that has been attempted before. Spirits are like tangled, infinitely complex knots in the strands of the universe, but a skilled Aetherweaver can still force them to unravel. Spiderlings hang on Nazir's every word as the great spider describes this process to them in gruesome, painstaking detail.

The Dustwalkers and Winged understand the basics of the technique, and become Aetherweavers in their own right once they master it, but it is the original group of Weavers who truly take Nazir's teachings to heart. They use the same principles to create other, more varied destructive spells, which tear at flesh and disintegrate inanimate matter. Now that they're not the only magical weavers, they take to calling themselves the Order of Strands.

"Retreat! Retreat! We can't win forever"
Use some of the goo to heal myself, then go float above the sand with as much ooze as possible.

AJAMA submerges itself in goo again, but whenever it tries to absorb the black ooze, the Nothingness forces itself into the opening instead. More and more Emptiness seeps into the Demiruge, until their body is filled with a dangerous amount of foreign essence. Craters appear on the primordial's surface as Emptiness wears away at them, only for the missing material to be replaced by greater and greater quantities of void. It surrounds AJAMA, preventing them from moving or sensing their surroundings.

keep flying up in search of answers.
are we truly alone? Is the sand all that exist? Are we powerful enough to afect the infinity like ALTERTHENTERRINTARTINTH apparently did when he gave life to the sands?

Gyaweft continues upwards, seemingly for an eternity. The Sunship is faster than anything else in the universe, and it bears him so far beyond his birthplace that even the Great Web becomes impossible to see. With nothing else around him, the Smelter is left to contemplate the great, infinite emptiness of the world. Sand and sky are the only things left.

He sees nothing else, no matter how far he travels, but for some reason Gyaweft cannot accept that he is alone. He remembers his existence as an unborn soul, before this era of creation. He still feels the presence of others, yet to manifest bodies of their own. They sit quietly and thoughtlessly, but they are there. Perhaps more are incarnating, infinitely far away, and building worlds of their own. Perhaps not. From this limited vantage point, it is difficult to tell.

Gyaweft also contemplates the sand. It is unclear how ALTERTH awakened the world, but the feat must surely be possible for another Primordial to replicate. How else could the Nothing have done it, just moments after the world came to be? Whether ALT truly did create something infinite is also unclear, but wherever Gywaeft looks, the sand always seems to be fluctuating. That might be proof enough.

As he gazes out into the infinite, The Smelter feels something within himself stir.

"What the hell you kids doing, your not supposed to kill the spiders, if you keep killing them Nazir will kick us off of the web and then we'll be killed by the sand."
Try to turn one of the stars into a vehicle, with out killing any of the spiders.

The deer men back off as soon as Dr. Bob tells them to stop, even going so far as to apologize to the Spiderlings they were just trying to murder. The horde of arachnids pauses for a moment to consider this, but the tentative peace breaks down when the humanoids fail to return. Allies of convenience begin fighting each other again, and spider kills spider as they vie for control of the precious, light-producing star.

Dr. Bob non-lethally brushes them off, but his attempts to chisel the star into a vehicle don't go nearly as well. In the end it's more of a misshapen blob, with sparks of fire streaming out of one particularly deep crack in the glass.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2019, 11:06:17 pm »

WHAT IS BROKEN MAY BECOME WHOLE ONCE MORE. AND YET-
No, I like myself the way I am. ALTERTHENTERRINTARTINTH chose to die. It would be pointless to kill what I am now to revive what I once was.
But these fragments remain, drifting unharnessed. Perhaps rather than absorbing them, I can do something else. Once again breathe life into something dead.

Sing out to my kindred, calling to them to wake up as I have. We who were once one shall become many.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2019, 11:48:52 pm »

Ira realizes it could not beat the Archdemon, Ira was too wounded, and the Archdemon too strong. Ira searches for some way to stay alive, to not become nothingness, and has an epiphany. The Archdemon is empty inside, it lacks a true soul. Ira attempts to transit her soul into the Archdemon, filling the emptiness and taking control of it's body.
el basurero

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2019, 03:57:12 am »

The goo create a sphere from itself and I transfer my soul and essence to it, it will be my new body as this one is consumed by nothingness.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2019, 07:11:42 am »

"Hay kids I need you guys to help me with this thing."
Get the deer men to help me make this star into a vehicle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2019, 07:17:41 am »

Gyaweft examines the feeling for a few seconds then he flies at the maximun possible speed towards the ground.

The objective is hitting the ground at such speed that when combined with it's own power it will break the world into 9 worlds one for each, eliminating conflict bettween the great souls.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2019, 07:20:27 am »

The world doesn't want to get split up though. :(

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2019, 07:51:29 am »

The world doesn't want to get split up though. :(

I don't care. I want it split up, so I can do stuff without the chance of everyone messing with it. That was the whole point of trying to find another planet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2019, 08:04:49 am »

Hey, maybe the world doesn't its stuff getting messed with either, guy. >:V
And if you split the world up I'll just have to work even harder to keep you lot from molesting all the world parts. I'm not going to be satisfied with you handing me a ninth of my baby and expecting me to be alright with the other eight ninths having gods know what done to them!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2019, 08:20:33 am »

Hey, maybe the world doesn't its stuff getting messed with either, guy. >:V
And if you split the world up I'll just have to work even harder to keep you lot from molesting all the world parts. I'm not going to be satisfied with you handing me a ninth of my baby and expecting me to be alright with the other eight ninths having gods know what done to them!

Let's see if I succeed first and see what happens from there. I may roll and 1 and just kill myself and everyone in the explosion range.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2019, 09:35:31 am »

All is determined by the Bargain,  and  the Bargain is powered by the deals made within it. Using the skill of the Bargain,  Gral transfers the venom on its wing, infusing it within the recesses of the Shifting Bog. In exchange, it grants this land to the Steel Maggots , as part of a contract for ending hostilities.

The Winged that had not attended the conference of Nazir will continue tending to the wounds they made, binding the wounds in woven silk.  Those that did shall conference with the Brass Buzzards, in an attempt to awaken the power of Bargain within the Weavers. Any intrigued Weaver from the other tribes is welcome to attend, in exchange for an oath to never use their powers against Gral and those contracted to it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 12:43:28 pm by WyrdByrd »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2019, 11:31:57 am »

Gather all spiders adept in aether weaving to grant them lesson they should be prepared for now - weaving  own spirit to great web to be able to continue existence as spirits after demise, achieving immortality

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2019, 01:02:13 pm »

Hynsyr begins to pull his great light inwards. He attempts to use his power of creation and his connection to his children to carve a section of his being into The Sea of Light Einyar! Einyar would be the part of his soul that would automatically take in the spirits of all his creations that died and housed them until they could either be reborn into the world or merged back into his being.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35