Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60423 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2019, 05:47:27 am »

fly beyond the stars to know what is there to discover a new world
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2019, 01:32:07 pm »

"Okay kids see the sand down there its evil and it hates you, so don't go down there."
Focus for a bit and try to make something the size of a brick appear in my hand.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2019, 10:09:11 pm »

Create a new demon with the power to harness Nothingness.

The Emptiness in the sand tears off a piece of itself, and transforms it into a living creature. What was once an amorphous blob of spirit is carefully refined, shaped and reshaped by the emptiness until it almost resembles a primordial. The end result is inferior to a true soul, but it still has a kind of metaphysical weight to it. The thing was shaped a in soul's image, from the flesh and blood of a soul, and by that that soul's own will, and so it is essentially a fragment of the Empty itself. All of the demons are, since the sand crafted them from ALTERTH's remains, but this one has more identity than the rest. Even more power flows into it, and it is granted the Empty's own power to manipulate Nothingness.

The new soul sinks into ground, where its touch causes the sand around it to transform. Grains melt and reform heatlessly, forming a lump of black obsidian for the demon to inhabit. The creature pulls itself free with a series of cracks, snapping as it form joints for its limbs and adopts its final shape. When the birthing is complete, it looks like a serpentine dragon with seven pairs of wings.

It bursts from the ground near Ira, perhaps because it has inherited the Empty's knowledge of primordials. Pseudopods form around the archdemon as the sands themselves prepare to fight alongside it.

Hynsyr attempts to help his creations learn how to contain and use their new power.

Hynsyr: 3
Tribute: 6

Hynsyr grants more knowledge to the mortals, this time in a slightly more gentle manner. Their magical gifts are almost impossible to control, but with practice many find it possible to stabilize their bodies and reign in the wild spasms of creations that are channeled through them. While gaining complete control over their ability will require practice, these fundamentals should make them more capable of using magic constructively. With time and practice, the increased strength of their gifts may even become a boon rather than a curse.

Which isn't to say that they've mastered the technique quite yet. A multicolored aura flares up as one of the Prismatics fails to restrain their power. When Hynsyr blinks the spots out of his eyes, a red spike three times his height is embedded in the ground. Small sparks of light jump from the surface of the construct as the energy inside it fluctuates.

"Hello little ones, I have a gift for you."

Ira removes one of her many teeth and plants it in the ground and from it sprouts a huge fortress-like tree made of bone; it's branches grow, and the Dustwalkers can harvest them to form tools and other things.

"No longer shall you have to hide from the sands! Also as another gift I shall tell you three things that could help in your war with the sand. First, on the great web a mighty primordial named Kuhaku lies. It's mind is feeble and it no longer moves, but it's essence remains. Perhaps if you capture it, it can be put to good use. Second, there is ooze created by a primordial named AJAMA, it grows by absorbing the sand, seek the ooze out and use if for your war with the sand. Third, beneath the sand lies a great emptiness, the remnants of the primordial ALT, it exercises limited control of the sand, but it is still dangerous and powerful. Good luck in you war little ones."

Ira places one of its teeth in the sand, and a bone sapling sprouts from the dust only a moment later. It grows at an astonishing pace, and cavities form in its trunk to lay the groundwork for a great fortress. At first the Dustwalkers skitter around in glee, glad that they will finally have a new home of their own, but they stop when the sand's eyestalks all swivel towards the fortress. A lump rises from the ground, far larger than any ordinary dune, and from it emerges one of the most fearsome creatures that Ira has ever seen. It is an obsidian dragon with seven sets of wings, large enough to rival the primordials themselves. Wisps of nothingness pour from its mouth.

When it surfaces, the sand surrounds it with a second set of appendages. These are large hands and tendrils, constructed for the express purpose of crushing enemies. They tower above the bone-tree, which can't possibly grow fast enough to defend itself.

The Ooze try to stand it ground while taking bubbles of emptiness and storing them inside of it, I rise to just below the top of the column, moving around and creating holes in the sand on my way there

AJAMA: 1
Ooze: 3 v 3

The black ooze holds back the sand by absorbing it at an even faster rate. The desert's hands disrupt it by stirring it around, and streams of nothingness annihilate large portions of the pool, but for now AJAMA's creation is still strong enough to hold back the tide. Sandy appendages are eaten away about as quickly as they're created, restoring mass as quickly as it can be destroyed.

Meanwhile, AJAMA swells to contain the reservoir of nothingness. The liquid emptiness streams in eagerly, and in a large enough quantity to overwhelm the Demiurge. It tries to cut off the flow and tear itself free of the nothing, but even then the stream of void does not stop. It erodes the black spheres' insides like a poison, as if attempting to consume the Demiurge from within their own body. AJAMA screams, even as they become buoyant enough to float back up to the surface of the goo.

fly beyond the stars to know what is there to discover a new world

The Sunship leaps into the air like a fish would throw itself into the water. In an instant Gyaweft is transported from the land, where his ship is slow and cumbersome, to the air, where it is more graceful than any other creature. The primordial flies up past the tower, through the strands of the great web, and to the stars, which still hang where Gyaweft themself once threw them. Some have been blotted out by Spiderling colonies, but the majority stand free, glowing with soft radiance. Despite their beauty, they have only a fraction of the sheer glory and power of the Sunship.

Gyaweft goes higher, and his craft illuminates the entirety of the sand below. The armored primordial can see everything: the demons, the marsh, the great web, and even the other primordials. But as he continues to ascend, the world that they have built becomes a tiny speck in the distance. In fact, the Smelter is struck by how empty the world still is, despite all that he has done. Living sand stretches to a distant, possibly-nonexistent horizon, and the atmosphere above it is practically untouched.

"Okay kids see the sand down there its evil and it hates you, so don't go down there."
Focus for a bit and try to make something the size of a brick appear in my hand.

The deer-men nod at Dr. Bob before grouping up to fight their way over to a star. It's unclear why they want it, given that they can't feed on light like Nazirs progeny do, but they take control of the area easily enough that they may not need a pressing reason at all. Their size makes them juggernauts among the hordes of bugs, especially once they discover that they can just trample Spiderlings beneath their feet. A few deer-men wander off, but none descend beyond the bottommost reaches of the web.

Now that his children have been informed of the most likely danger, Dr. Bob continues experimenting with his powers of creation. He focuses on his empty hand, and wills matter to appear there. The air around the doctor crackles, but not even a grain of sand appears in his palm. The hand remains empty regardless of how much he concentrates or how long he waits.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:11:24 pm by Whisperling »

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2019, 10:21:24 pm »

Gral falls back to the safety of the Silken nest, and has the followers not engaged in defense pick the maggots out of its body, and seal them in tightly wound balls of silk. While this happens,  it creates Brass Buzzards out of  its own shed metal feathers.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:27:27 am by WyrdByrd »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2019, 10:33:43 pm »

I am weakened. Rest, and dream.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2019, 10:46:56 pm »

"Dustwalkers you fight the psuedopods, I will handle the paltry excuse of a dragon."

Ira charges the arch-demon and coils around it, crushing it's obsidian body to pieces (hopefully)
el basurero

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2019, 12:32:53 am »

"You now possess the gift of life and the gift of creation. Use these gifts and live your mortal lives as you wish. Spread, create, learn, and worship. Enjoy the wonders of life but know that I shall always be watching until the time of Tribute. You are my chosen creations which are bound to the Cycle and therefore both enjoy it's benefits and bear it's burden. I eagerly await what you shall do with your gifts."

Hynsyr shall now let the Lightfolk do as they please. Vigilantly watching to both observe what his creations will do with their gifts and to make sure that the others of his kind will not tamper with them so early into the Age of Tribute.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2019, 01:00:29 am »

"THE WAY THAT YOU ENSLAVE THOSE CREATIONS OF YOURS IS... UNNATURAL. I PROMISE TO RELEASE THESE CREATURES FROM YOUR CONSTRUCTED 'CYCLE' ONE WAY OR ANOTHER."

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2019, 01:32:00 am »

Summon most gifted sand spiderlings and winged spiderlings and aetherweavers to give them lesson on weaving destructive words of power to harm nonspiderlings by unweaving their spirit

Weaving is an art holding immense power for those daring to dwell deep into its secrets
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:08:07 pm by sprinkled chariot »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2019, 02:42:19 am »

"Retreat! Retreat! We can't win forever"
Use some of the goo to heal myself, then go float above the sand with as much ooze as possible.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2019, 05:10:43 am »

keep flying up in search of answers.
are we truly alone? Is the sand all that exist? Are we powerful enough to afect the infinity like ALTERTHENTERRINTARTINTH apparently did when he gave life to the sands?
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2019, 05:16:15 am »

All it takes is an extremely vague action, zalgotext, and an overshot. Try it some time.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2019, 06:23:30 am »

"What the hell you kids doing, your not supposed to kill the spiders, if you keep killing them Nazir will kick us off of the web and then we'll be killed by the sand."
Try to turn one of the stars into a vehicle, with out killing any of the spiders.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2019, 08:27:52 am »

Entangle gral in web and keep spitting poison on him
"How am I a problem anymore? You do realize not everything revolves around you."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:30:01 am by WyrdByrd »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2019, 02:37:44 pm »

"How am I a problem anymore? You do realize not everything revolves around you."
Enemies of my children are my enemies, you will not stop your attempts to create spider eating gryphs.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35