Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Rise of a Nomadic Clan  (Read 6908 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Nomadic Clan
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2019, 08:14:26 am »

Lets check out that small clan to south and see if they can be made our vassal.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 12:58:12 pm »

After hearing about your exploits they readily accept. You find out that they are called the Jat and that they broke away from the Huns. The Huns are a massive clan that have far reaching influences. Going back into your history you recall that you are from the Mongols.

Nitrim has raised 200 troops in response to Bilop's military growth. It looks like there might be an arms race between you vassal tribes.

You eastern scouts have discovered a fringe part of the Mongols. It appears that the main Mongol clan is massive, with many small outline sub clans.

Date: Jan 1, 763
Stats:V
 Pop:1,556
 Manpower (used/unused/max):130/25/155
 Troops:3 platoons(40 mounted archers(ma's) each); 1 squad of scouts(uses 5X horses)(locked: east)
 Royal Horses(used/unused/total): 170/1,221/1,391   
 Prisoners: 0
 Loyalty:79%
 Stability:1
 Treasury:97(4 set aside for more mounted archers)
 Prestige:134

Family:
 You:Suzki Skullcrusher (38)|Your wife:Yusme(33)
 Your 1st Son:Ardaric(14)
 Your 2nd Son:Bheo(5)

Surroundings:
 North: vast forest wilderness
 East: displaced clan pop(~2 years ride), Mongols(~3-4 years ride)
 South: a smallish clan(5.5 months ride)
 West: Nitrim Tribe(1 months ride, vassal), Bilop Tribe(2 months ride, vassal)
 General vicinity: a great plain

Vassals:
 Nitrim tribe: 560 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 106 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 183(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 26(+5 a year)
 Bilop tribe: 497 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 120 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 755(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 30(+5 a year)
 Jat clan: 540 pop, 54 manpower, 40 troops, 29 gold, 20 prestige

Modifiers:
 airag producers: pop growth 1/90

How do you proceed?

Sorry I forgot about this until I saw TL's future-ish clan game. I plan on redoing some of the game mechanics so expect changes in the next few updates.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2019, 01:53:42 pm »

Improve loyalty by having a festival celebrating the clan’s history and some competitions. Invite our vassals to attend.

What can we do to improve our pop growth?

Make more children, the clan’s future must be secured!

((How does succession work?))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2019, 02:25:06 pm »

A multitude of things like: building more 'buildings'(next building requires 100 gold), absorbing another clan or a tribe, raiding clans and tribes to steal pop, etc. Next turn will see you get your first major decision, that may or may not affect pop growth.

If you die your eldest living brother or son(if you have no living brothers) becomes the new leader. If you leader dies and your heir is a boy and you have vassal tribes that are stronger than you they will beak away; on the other hand sub/splinter clans will always break away if your heir is a boy.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2019, 06:28:01 am »

Improve loyalty by having a festival celebrating the clan’s history and some competitions. Invite our vassals to attend.

Make more children, the clan’s future must be secured!

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2019, 11:55:08 pm »

You decide it is time to have a festival, comprising of plays about the history of the clan, wrestling competitions, riding competitions, and archery competitions. You invite all your vassals, and they all show up. This give you an opportunity to get to know your vassals. Who do you meet first(you can try to meet all three at the same time):
Janous Nitrim
Hugo Bilop
Vans Jat

Also you need to decide what you use for the feast:
Some horses from you own horse herd(1 horse for every 10 pop)
Have you people bring their own foods(no cost but might not go over well)
Send for the best chefs and food in all the land(1 gold for every 100 pop)

Date: March 1, 764; 1st day of the festival
Available Royal Horses:1,221
Available gold:93

Sense this is your first festival I will make this a series of mini-updates(12-36 hours between each). Your other actions will happen after the festival(or might happen during). More options will present themselves during a festival that will help you during the main campaign.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2019, 07:59:52 am »

I say we talk to Janous Nitrim first, and we shall eat some horses.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2019, 08:08:58 am »

Meet all of them together, so they can all meet each other too, then set time with each of them individually later to discuss any specific concerns they have, beginning with Vans Jat.

+1 on eat horses.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2019, 11:05:44 pm »

Meet all of them together, so they can all meet each other too, then set time with each of them individually later to discuss any specific concerns they have, beginning with Vans Jat.

+1 on eat horses.

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2019, 06:41:01 pm »

You have horses from your own herd be butchered, you have plenty any way and they grow at a fast rate. 156 horses are taken from your herd. Next you see about meeting your vassals. You took your time deliberating which one to see first, or if you should see them all than one at a time. In them end you decided to see them all at once. This is the first time you have meet each one of them personally and visa versa. Generally you have envoys take care of your diplomacy, you suck at personal diplomacy.

You sit down at the table and wait as your vassals come in. The first person to come is is introduced as Janous Nitrim, she is the leader of the first tribe you raided, later vassalized, she is rather young looking. If you had to guess she is about the age of your wife. Next comes in a rugged man about your age introduced as Hugo Bilop, you vassalized his tribe at the same time as Janous' tribe. Lastly comes in a rather old, no old is not the right word, ancient man introduced as Vans Jat the leader of your most recent vassal of the Jat clans. This is the first time you have seen any of them and them you.

"I wanted us all to get to know each other and discuss any overall business before we do one on ones." You say, " anything to bring to the table, to to speak?"

Janous pipes up as soon as you finish, "I would like Bilop's assurance to not build up anymore troops and Nitrim will cease it's build up."

"That can be arranged," Hugo replies.

After that exchange Vans starts, "My clan is struggling, normally for nomads like us that is no issue. Just pack up and move. unfortunately the Huns have banished us and the west and south are blocked from us. The Mongols could easily destroy us so that blocks the west. The only other way is north and that leads here. The last of our horses and livestock is gone. We could use some help from anyone."

Hugo and Janous both agree to send supplies to the Jat clan. Do you help and in what way?

You get the impression that Vans Jat does not need a personal meeting, go head with it anyway?

Date: March 2, 764 2nd day of the festival
Available Royal Horses:1,065

Sorry about the long wait, writers-block is annoying.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2019, 06:21:25 am »

I say we talk to each clan leader individually and find out if they have any problems, and also give the Jat clan whatever supplies the other two aren't sending them.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2019, 08:16:18 pm »

I say we talk to each clan leader individually and find out if they have any problems, and also give the Jat clan whatever supplies the other two aren't sending them.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2019, 07:46:31 pm »

"I will give you a horse for every man, woman, and child, from my own personal herd."

When Vans Jat heard that he thanks you profusely.(vassal clan of Jat gains 540 horses, 100 pop, and 20 gold)(540 horses taken from personal herd)

You met with each leader in private and find out that the Nitrim tribe would like to expand north and wants your permission. The Bilop tribe would like help conquering the tribe that attacked them a couple years ago and is willing to give whatever you ask for this. Lastly the Jat clan would just like to be allowed to forgo any troop obligations for the next 5 year, unless it involves them.

Is there anything else you wish to do or anyone else you wish to see during the festival?

If nothing else anything you want to do for the rest of the year?

Date: March 3, 764 3nd day of the festival
Available Royal Horses:525

Sorry for the really long wait. Real Life is a pain sometimes.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 07:48:45 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2019, 06:12:41 am »

Let the Nitrim expand, agree to help he Bilop with their problem, and let the Jat keep their soldiers, then enjoy the rest of the party.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2019, 12:40:55 am »

All your vassals thank you for accepting their requests.

As you are enjoying the festival your horse master(read lead horse breeder) informs you that the recent losses will take a couple years to recover, but to not worry as he has a team coming up with ideas to breed better horse. He asks if you have any specific request.

Your treasure comes up to you during the festival and asks if you would like to use the festival as a way to get the people to pay for your next building(next upgrade free, potential to not gain loyalty from the festival).

Your general also comes to you during the festival and asks if we should use this a means to get more manpower, either directly from the clan or from the tribes(more manpower, potential to not gain loyalty from festival).

Your wife comes to you and asks if she could arrange a marriage for your eldest son Ardaric, who is turning 15 this year(not able to arrange his marriage yourself, potential ???). Regardless of what you told her you both decided to call it an early night and have some loving ;).

Many of your subjects enjoy themselves(potential ???)

Date: March 7, 764 7th day of the festival, last day to do anything special in the festival
Available Royal Horses:525
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6