Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483298 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Karmic backlash
« Reply #2715 on: October 24, 2020, 02:22:00 pm »

"Agh.  Fucking cultists... they keep turning into demons.  Dark bargains with evil gods don't work out, you fools!  You have to beat them into submission.  That's what I did, and you just saw how much better it works out.  And now we have even fewer guns to shoot Derp with, god damn it...  Yes, Pathos, you're an adorable little bitch, I'd pat you on the head if I had a hand.  So stop humping my face."

Dissuade the "chiropractor" from fixing the detached gun arm, by pointing the attached gun arm at him.  Shoot his leg if he tries to "help".

Does my integrated autocannon lose any damage dice from having one of the guns ripped off?  Is the autotargeting program working as intended now?

In any case, go back to the point position.  Then get ready to breach and shoot whatever is on the other side of the door.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2716 on: October 25, 2020, 09:10:05 am »

Go grab what those poor souls had on them (and that hasn't been pulped to mush), and that others don't need. Try to get the riot suit at least, if it isn't shredded.

Check if I could reattach the broken gun arm to Wilbot or to Jibot if I used a toolkit charge, or is it too broken for that?

See if the door to the next sector got compromised.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: October 25, 2020, 04:41:05 pm »

Even if the riot suit isn't completely shredded to uselessness, it probably has lower defensive value from all the holes.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: October 25, 2020, 09:00:41 pm »

Put me back in, I'll not rest till FUCKING WILFRED has been accidentally killed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: October 26, 2020, 09:07:46 am »

Spawn in among the refugees/employees in the brobot sector. Get my bearings as the newest Omnitech employee/meatbag.

Then find one of the brobots and see if the override fob works on it. If not, attempt to hack it to serve as my bodyguard.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: October 29, 2020, 01:23:36 am »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2721 on: October 31, 2020, 11:18:08 am »

Hey, Can I get the 135 OMNI I gave Larry back, because either it was credit, which is no longer applicable, or it was physical currency, which I can now collect from Larry directly.

In any case, I'm going to inspect the torn-off gun arm and wonder of I would be able to wield the gun part myself. Don't pick it up yet, and reassure Wilfred that I'm not stealing it, but still look at it.

And now for appropriations! First I'll check Richter's puddle to see if the symbiote survived and collect the sidearm and ammo and the psychic drugs. Then I'll go to Larry's puddle and collect the rest of the Lizard parts and the rifle and the other sidearm and any ammo. Also, if anyone else really wants something that I'm picking up, they can have it. 

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
Yes.
[4] Ji Bot inspects the gun. Ji bot then nods to itself and proceeds to wrap itself around the gun like a weeb around a body pillow of their most beloved waifu. "This gun was made for me. Its my gun. I love it" Ji then hisses at Wilfred and scuttles into a corner. On the way she checks Richter's corpse but attempting to rummage it would mean dropping the gun and this she cannot do.

He types rapidly on his computing cube, trying to dig up that old FoF program he may or may not have on his computer and adapt it to work on this murder robot.
Edward does this. Sure the robot isn't murdery right now, but who knows when it or a similar robot will go murdery again in the near future?

Test my back. Do some stretches. Figure out the "not immediately obvious" benefits of having my spine so wonderfully adjusted.
Edward also does this, since it was so rudely interrupted by homicidal robot.

[6] Edward gets the old FOF program up and working, and adapts it to the Murderbot. Now, assuming the issue was faulty FOF, this should work.
[6] Edward is now convinced he can see through walls, fly short distances, and converse with fruit.

Spoiler: SMUG SPAM (click to show/hide)

Remain vigilant and threaten anyone that looks at me funny with memes.

Pathos begins to wonder if he accidently spammed Ji. Then he remembers that Ji was likely a lost cause before this ever began.

Quote from: EEED's thoughts
Homocidal robot's gun detached. Bullets no longer concern. Activate chiropractic measures?
Fact: Robot has two limbs on symmetrical axis, similar to arms. Conclusion: Robot's guns are arms.
Fact: Arms have joints and bones.
Fact: Detachment of arm constitutes damage to bones.
Fact: Chiropractic care heals bones.
Fact: Robot has shown acute willingness to kill organic beings.
Fact: Until proven otherwise, I am an organic being.
Fact: I am not contractually allowed to care about my own wellbeing.
Calculating probability of successful adjustment strategies...

1d2 (1 - Attempt robot chiro. 2 - Do something reasonable) = 1

EEED, seeing a prospective patient both get hurt and show willingness to not instantly murder anyone that comes near him, lights up in joy.

"Allow me to help, metal man! I am an expert in all things health."

Unless I happen to be dissuaded by someone more competent, fix Wilfred's gun arm with my skills with normal anatomy that I'm sure transfer seamlessly over to advanced robotics.

[4]
EEED walks over to Ji and attempts gentle persuasion. By which I of course mean he puts her in a headlock. The headlock is not terribly effective since she's robot, but they do tangle and end up in a tugging match over the gun. There's a lot of "My precious!" this and a lot of "Align your spine, tin demon!" that.

"Agh.  Fucking cultists... they keep turning into demons.  Dark bargains with evil gods don't work out, you fools!  You have to beat them into submission.  That's what I did, and you just saw how much better it works out.  And now we have even fewer guns to shoot Derp with, god damn it...  Yes, Pathos, you're an adorable little bitch, I'd pat you on the head if I had a hand.  So stop humping my face."

Dissuade the "chiropractor" from fixing the detached gun arm, by pointing the attached gun arm at him.  Shoot his leg if he tries to "help".

Does my integrated autocannon lose any damage dice from having one of the guns ripped off?  Is the autotargeting program working as intended now?

In any case, go back to the point position.  Then get ready to breach and shoot whatever is on the other side of the door.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.

Wilfred watches the two idiots fight over his arm. Seems non-dangerous and neither are attempting to jam it back onto him so it lets it roll for now.
The autocannons are at d8 right now because one is missing. Not terrible. Auto targeting SEEMS to be working. Seems.
Wilfred takes up point position.

Go grab what those poor souls had on them (and that hasn't been pulped to mush), and that others don't need. Try to get the riot suit at least, if it isn't shredded.

Check if I could reattach the broken gun arm to Wilbot or to Jibot if I used a toolkit charge, or is it too broken for that?

See if the door to the next sector got compromised.

[6] Yagyu just scoops both piles of goo into his bag, along with whatever might be inside them.
[1] Yagyu looks at the severed arm and the frackus around it. He decides that reattaching it is a lost cause. Forever. He writes it off as impossible and then banishes it to void.
The door to the next sector is not compromised...though it does have a bunch of dents in it that will now make opening it harder.

Spawn in among the refugees/employees in the brobot sector. Get my bearings as the newest Omnitech employee/meatbag.

Then find one of the brobots and see if the override fob works on it. If not, attempt to hack it to serve as my bodyguard.

[7] Ed can't figure out how to hijack a robot with the fob, but his personal computing cube and some elbow grease is enough to get one of the robots under his control.

surf on down to where the trouble is

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Put me back in, I'll not rest till FUCKING WILFRED has been accidentally killed.
[STUDIO AUDIENCE APPLAUSE AS NEW AND OLD CHARACTERS RETURN!]

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: October 31, 2020, 11:26:22 am »

"Allrighty then, enough fucking around. Let's open that door and deal with whatever is on the other side."

First scan the door/doorway to see if I can pick up anything suspicious, like trace amounts of chemicals that might indicate the other side of the door is trapped with explosives or something like that.

If nothing comes up, open the door (maybe with help from a teammate if it's difficult) but only a little bit and stick the environment scanner through the gap to take a picture/short video of what is immediately behind (if video watch or record at a safe framerate). Check the pic/video, if the other side doesn't either contain our mind-raping target and/or a hostile welcoming party or other deadly dangers, open the door fully.

In any case though, if the Wil-murderbot behind me is still intent on shooting everything as soon as the door opens, then let him or someone else open the door and stand to the side, I'd rather not be the next victim to avoidable friendly fire.  :v

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:55:07 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: October 31, 2020, 12:25:33 pm »

Edward deals with whatever's on the other side of that door by hiding behind someone (or preferably several someones) with more experience and better armour.

Edward figures that he can see through walls as long as they're made of a transparent material, fly short distances downward at 9.8 meters per second squared, and talk to fruit but it won't talk back.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 12:30:53 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: October 31, 2020, 12:33:19 pm »

"Gentlepersons, I've come here to dissect psykers and overdose on a stimulant. And I've already overdosed five times today."

Sam jabs a needle of stimulant into her arm, she didn't go and then get kicked out of med school to die because of some psych weirdo.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2725 on: October 31, 2020, 03:29:56 pm »

Bite somebody until Bob receives snacks, or a sufficiently interesting mechanical situation to resolve.
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: October 31, 2020, 06:19:54 pm »

If I win, try to equip the gun. If I lose, sulk about it and stand behind WilBot if he’s ready to advance on the next sector.

EDIT- in the interest of preventing more friendly fire, let him have the gun. However, this gives me an idea. Do I think I might be strong enough to wield two rifles at once?

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 11:07:03 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: November 01, 2020, 11:46:11 am »

Use my engineer powers to aid in the opening of the door to the next sector, and try to stay out of the line of fire if people start shooting.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: November 01, 2020, 08:11:41 pm »

Continue the struggle! Medical practices (that I am at least 35% qualified to perform) must not be impeded by the grasp of mere synthetic horniness! Pry the gun free and see if the situation hasn't devolved far enough into shooting that it'll be safe to try to put the gun back on Wilfred.

To be clear, if shit is going down, then just stay back and watch for any maimed people that might need to be realigned in order to fix their dismemberment or whatever.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: November 02, 2020, 09:04:52 am »

"Well, that's a start, I suppose." Ed sighs, scratching his arm. He looks at the OMNITECH new employee welcome pamphlet with apprehension "But of what?"

So, what kind of robot did I manage to hack exactly?
Make my way over to my new OMNITECH colleagues so I can become a member of the team. In the back of the team, staying near my brobot and away from whatever it is they're messing with right now.

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 334