Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Town of Salem Mafia [7/7]  (Read 18493 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Town of Salem Mafia [7/7]
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2019, 06:07:35 pm »

You haven’t notably interacted with Leodanny either. I’d be more inclined to consider a connection there, given your lapse in memory there. Have you not finished coaching them in your scumchat yet?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2019, 06:15:01 pm »

I decided to use Forum Standard Time by default. If anyone wants me to add an additional timezone, just ask.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2019, 06:25:49 pm »

hector13, an example would be a quiet scum claiming an investigative role. Convenient, because the possibility of mislynch is a strong deterrent, and unlikely, since a real investigative would be less quiet.

IcyTea, in that case I simply would not trust either.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2019, 07:34:08 pm »

heydude6

To answer your question hector, I was doing as I usually do, waiting for talk to figure out people. And to me, heydude feels scum with his reasoning.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2019, 07:51:06 pm »

heydude6

To answer your question hector, I was doing as I usually do, waiting for talk to figure out people. And to me, heydude feels scum with his reasoning.
I’m just saying people should be careful around you. You can’t deny what happened last game. Last thing I want in a game as important as this is a repeat of that incident.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2019, 07:57:04 pm »

Wasn't that total mafia? And the one after I had a good chance of winning, had it not ended before the night processed.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2019, 08:10:02 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot you turned out to actually be a third party. Still, your role was essentially survivor with some gimmicks attached yet you managed to get the crosshairs of the town pointed at you for nearly the entirety of day 1. There was no benefit to the town for doing that, and there wasn’t any benefit to you for messing with the town, so I think my point still stands.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2019, 08:14:40 pm »

Sulks That does not make me any less inclined to not think you scum..

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2019, 08:53:43 pm »

I'm scratching my head at you apparently agreeing with him and also thinking he's scummy because of it.

Why do you always wait, anyway? Generating talk yourself is a useful skill, as any alignment.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2019, 02:20:51 am »

You haven’t notably interacted with Leodanny either. I’d be more inclined to consider a connection there, given your lapse in memory there. Have you not finished coaching them in your scumchat yet?
I wouldn't have much to coach with on D1. Really just that thing I said in IC-speak about forgetting you're scum and hunting as usual.

an example would be a quiet scum claiming an investigative role.

IcyTea, in that case I simply would not trust either.
Say a quiet player speaks up out of the left field and claims an investigative role. A much more active player says they're lying and counterclaims. Which would you consider more likely to be the real one?

And to me, heydude feels scum with his reasoning.
Could you point that out with a quote? I really don't see what reasoning you're referring to.

You can’t deny what happened last game. Last thing I want in a game as important as this is a repeat of that incident.
I take partial blame for that one, but you don't need to worry. I'm not scum in this one, and even if I were, there would be little room for gambits as flamboyant as what I tried to pull in that game.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2019, 11:04:42 am »

This game is unfortunately about drawing conclusions with incomplete information, very quickly, and then amending them as new information comes up. There's not much time for sitting on the fence waiting for that perfect evidence to drop into your lap.
I know, its part of the reason why I made that little possibility of using how much you like Tric as an excuse to lynch as it seems like a thing you definitely could do as scum and something I think you would possibly do with the hopes of no one adressing that fact and then being able to easily deflect suspicion off of you. Of course, I'm not sure about that, and as its only day one I feel the information gained is...lacking at the moment so I wont be jumping the gun yet.

For example, you leapt to TricMagic's defense very quickly and aggressively, making some significant assumptions regarding my motives which firmly set in my mind you were scum either protecting your scum partner or trying to buddy a townie.
I'm mostly trying to get information off of you, and I feel so quickly going after him considering the relationship you have with em sus, though I already said that.

Since then, you stepped off the gas a bit, explained your reasoning and have backpedaled your initial assertion that scum!me was setting the ground to push Town!Tric as an easy lynch. This could be Town!piratejoe figuring that I'm not doing that, or scum!piratejoe figuring that taking such a strong stand against me so early might not work in their favour, and the possible connection they have made with Tric (who could feasibly be town or scum in this case) is sufficient to drop it.
I mean, I never said that I trust you or that my thoughts on what you could be doing were suddenly removed. Just that I felt it wasn't sufficient to say you are scum and I'm not convinced that's the reason. Of course, you can prove me wrong in the future but that's for another time.

You are correct that I'm trying to get people to talk, but to what end? Am I doing it to look townie, or am I doing it because I am townie?
It could be either or. Honestly, to me it seems like a thing that anyone and everyone who isn't trying the old lurker tactic of "Hope no one notices me." would do....Speaking of...

Leodanny You have been awfully quiet. Mind saying something and share your thoughts? You haven't said a word since the game started.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2019, 12:11:46 pm »

Remember to include this at the bottom of your posts, at least if you're voting.

Quote from: Votebox
TricMagic (1) - hector13
heydude6 (1) - TricMagic
Leodanny (1) - piratejoe

Not Voting: Leodanny, Pavellius, heydude6, IcyTea31

Day ends at 11:59pm (FST) Thursday January 31st
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2019, 02:32:24 pm »

Yeah Leodanny hasn't been active since before the game started, that's not so good.

Anyway, we're approaching the end of the day, about 10.5 hours from the timestamp of this post, and we don't... have all that much.

Until TricMagic responds about my concerns regarding him seemingly agreeing with the reason heydude is voting for him while simultaneously thinking it's scummy, my vote stays where it is.

This game is unfortunately about drawing conclusions with incomplete information, very quickly, and then amending them as new information comes up. There's not much time for sitting on the fence waiting for that perfect evidence to drop into your lap.
I know, its part of the reason why I made that little possibility of using how much you like Tric as an excuse to lynch as it seems like a thing you definitely could do as scum and something I think you would possibly do with the hopes of no one adressing that fact and then being able to easily deflect suspicion off of you. Of course, I'm not sure about that, and as its only day one I feel the information gained is...lacking at the moment so I wont be jumping the gun yet.

I didn't say I wanted Tric lynched, at least not in the post I voted him. In my view there's a difference between voting someone and wanting them lynched. Back then I was voting him, now I'm okay with him being lynched, at least while I'm confuddled over his reasons for voting heydude. It just looks like a pre-emptive OMGUS to me.

OMGUS stands for Oh My God You Suck, and refers to a vote placed on someone else because the other person is voting them, or otherwise pressuring them.

For example, you leapt to TricMagic's defense very quickly and aggressively, making some significant assumptions regarding my motives which firmly set in my mind you were scum either protecting your scum partner or trying to buddy a townie.
I'm mostly trying to get information off of you, and I feel so quickly going after him considering the relationship you have with em sus, though I already said that.

You haven't really tried to get information off me since I voted Tric though. You questioned me about it, made some comments, then I took the lead with the questions.

Since then, you stepped off the gas a bit, explained your reasoning and have backpedaled your initial assertion that scum!me was setting the ground to push Town!Tric as an easy lynch. This could be Town!piratejoe figuring that I'm not doing that, or scum!piratejoe figuring that taking such a strong stand against me so early might not work in their favour, and the possible connection they have made with Tric (who could feasibly be town or scum in this case) is sufficient to drop it.
I mean, I never said that I trust you or that my thoughts on what you could be doing were suddenly removed. Just that I felt it wasn't sufficient to say you are scum and I'm not convinced that's the reason. Of course, you can prove me wrong in the future but that's for another time.

You didn't say you trusted me, but you implied you weren't going to press the issue with the tone of your posts. You were initially quite aggressive and softened when I responded, and you haven't pressed me on it since. Why not take the time to refine your view of me - one way or the other - now?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2019, 03:22:32 pm »

First impressions, subject to change as always:
  • hector13: Town. Active, responded to bait townishly, though that's unreliable in the early game, so this read is unstable.
  • TricMagic: Slight scum. Cryptic as always. Opts to bide time instead of earnestly scumhunt on D1. Defended by piratejoe?
  • piratejoe: Scum. Awfully quick to jump to conclusions regarding hector, then backpedals and focuses on a lurker. Reminds of myself when I'm scum.
  • Pavellius: Slight scum. Plays reactively, answering more questions than asking them. Could be new player woes, but is a second choice for scum if TricMagic is town.
  • heydude6: Slight town. Nothing particularly suspicious, gut points to town.
  • Leodanny: Null. Insufficient data.

Listing reads is a way some players use to organize their thoughts and express them to other in a compact format.
If you make one, think carefully (the list is for your benefit as well as that of others) and keep in mind how many scum there are in the game: do you find too many players scummy, or too few? This game has 2 scum, so think carefully if you have more than 2 suspects. In other games, you don't always know how many scum there are, but there usually are only 2 or 3 in games with 10-ish players, plus maybe a third-party.
If someone else lists their reads, scrutinize it carefully. Why do they think what they think? If you disagree with their reads, why so? As always, ask questions.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2019, 03:42:24 pm »

Yeah Leodanny hasn't been active since before the game started, that's not so good.

Anyway, we're approaching the end of the day, about 10.5 hours from the timestamp of this post, and we don't... have all that much.

Until TricMagic responds about my concerns regarding him seemingly agreeing with the reason heydude is voting for him while simultaneously thinking it's scummy, my vote stays where it is.
Yeah, not good is accurate, and not having much is also accurate seeing how the most active would be you, me, and Icy tea.

I didn't say I wanted Tric lynched, at least not in the post I voted him. In my view there's a difference between voting someone and wanting them lynched. Back then I was voting him, now I'm okay with him being lynched, at least while I'm confuddled over his reasons for voting heydude. It just looks like a pre-emptive OMGUS to me.
Yes, I know you didn't say it, but you could have wanted to but not stated it until you felt the time was right to make that vote official. I think you get what I'm trying to say.

You haven't really tried to get information off me since I voted Tric though. You questioned me about it, made some comments, then I took the lead with the questions.
I actually have been by reading your responses, its not much but its something. Though, since it might get something more substantial in the dying hours of the day, I'll directly ask you some things.

1. Who do you suspect and who do you trust? Can you post a list like Icy Tea did?
2. What kind of key information do you hope to gain by next morning?
3. What do you worry will happen by next morning?
4. If Tric was lynched, and he came out town, how would you feel about that?

You didn't say you trusted me, but you implied you weren't going to press the issue with the tone of your posts. You were initially quite aggressive and softened when I responded, and you haven't pressed me on it since. Why not take the time to refine your view of me - one way or the other - now?
I mean, I wasn't going to press it today, at least too much. I'm mostly seeing how you react to this.

• piratejoe: Scum. Awfully quick to jump to conclusions regarding hector, then backpedals and focuses on a lurker. Reminds of myself when I'm scum.
Less jumping to conclusions and more picking up a stick and poking a bear with it to see how it reacts. Looking back on it though, the timing I actually poked the Lurker Leo is convenient, and its completely understandable to think that at this moment.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16