Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Town of Salem Mafia [7/7]  (Read 18412 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Town of Salem Mafia [7/7]
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2019, 04:49:05 pm »

Confirming

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2019, 04:49:47 pm »

Posting to confirm my interest
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:42 pm »

Confirming!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 02:25:41 pm »

What timezone(s) do you guys want me to use for "day end at"? Just GMT, or maybe custom ones for timezones that you're in?

By the way, could everyone keep track of votes using a vote-box at the bottom of their post? Tracking down people's votes can be a bit of a hassle sometimes.

Here's the format for it, with some example votes:

Quote from: Votebox
Leodanny (3) - Pavellius, heydude6, IcyTea31
IcyTea (2) - piratejoe, TricMagic
pikachu17 (1) - pikachu17

Not Voting: Leodanny

Day ends at 8:00 PM, on Friday (February 8th) PT
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 03:44:53 pm »

What timezone(s) do you guys want me to use for "day end at"? Just GMT, or maybe custom ones for timezones that you're in?

I'm personally used to what I like to call Forum Standard Time (FST), which is the timezone the forum operates at (you see it during post dates). I don't know if the timezone is universal or if there is some adjustment dependent on where you are in the world, but it isn't one-to-one with my timezone so whatever adjustment there is must be rather limited.

EDIT: Wow, nevermind. I guess it is one-to-one. I'm looking at the time stamp of my post and it matches the current time in my time zone. I know other people have used FST in the past so now I'm confused. Maybe the forum doesn't adjust to daylight savings? That would explain previous discrepancies.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:47:07 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2019, 05:41:43 pm »

The timestamps on posts are adjusted to be in your time zone. To see the forum time, visit this page.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2019, 04:46:32 pm »

Deconfirming. Just go on without me.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2019, 06:38:59 pm »

hector, do you want to make yourself a regular IC so that this can be a 7 player game? It's up to you.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2019, 07:49:08 pm »

That's probably a good idea, yes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2019, 11:59:26 pm »

Day 1
The morning sun shines warmly over the town square.

Not Voting:

Day ends at 11:59 PM, on Thursday (January 31st) FST
Money!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2019, 07:51:58 am »

Quick one to start off since I need to get ready for work, but two things to note: IcyTea and I have the same chance of being scum as anybody else, so don’t give us any slack since we’re helping y’all learn.

The best way to find scum is to talk to people and poke at suspicious things. What is suspicious? You won’t find out until you see it :p get talkin’ folks.

Y’all can start by telling us how much experience in forum mafia you have, and dropping a vote on someone you want to talk more. I find the best way to put pressure on someone is to vote them. Make sure it looks like a real vote though, otherwise they can brush it off.

TricMagic, since we both know it’ll end up there at some point anyway :p

I think I have all the players right...

TricMagic (1) - hector13

Not Voting: Leodanny, Pavellius, heydude6, IcyTea31, TricMagic, piratejoe

Day ends at 11:59pm (FST) Thursday January 31st
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2019, 09:39:04 am »

If you're town, start hunting. Talk to people, accuse them, put pressure on them (perhaps by voting for them), see who blinks first. On the first day, you have little concrete data, but impressions and gut feelings can make or break a game. If you think you've found someone suspicious, vote for them, but be conservative about actually getting someone lynched. Correctly lynching on D1 is a great advantage, but you can usually only afford to mislynch once or twice per game.

If you're scum, forget you're scum and start hunting. Follow the above advice, because to not be lynched you need to act like town.

Heydude6, do you have a strategy in mind for this game?
Pavellius, do you know how to tell when someone is lying?
TricMagic, you mentioned pre-game that you're ready for your usual shenanigans, ahem, strategy and tactics? Do explain.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2019, 12:48:05 pm »

Hector13 gunning right for Tric like that would make me think you were an executioner if we actually had one, which we don't. Mind explaining why other than you don't like him and his tactics? Because to me at least, it would make sense if you wanted an easy town kill without worrying about the consequences by saying "He'd do more harm than good" as an excuse.

As for how experienced I am at this, my experience in this game is basically one game on the fourms that died...and a few matches years ago of actual TOS.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2019, 01:14:22 pm »

God game, not Turn 1, and Hollow Dreamer trying to kill me..

anyway...

If you know the vote will end up there Hector, why vote at all.

Icytea, my tactic for now is to wait.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2019, 01:17:27 pm »

TricMagic (1) - hector13
hector13 (1) - piratejoe

Not Voting: Leodanny, Pavellius, heydude6, IcyTea31, TricMagic

Day ends at 11:59pm (FST) Thursday January 31st
Money!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16