Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Caveman's Arsenal [SG] (1820, Injection #5: The Tree of Desires)  (Read 13591 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman's Arsenal [SG] (1820, Injection #2: the Horned Nighmare)
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2019, 11:39:20 am »

Well, we went with an animal partially so there isn't a pattern to who or what gets powers, so I thought that was a good middle ground.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Hotfire90

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2019, 12:32:31 pm »

B. An archaeological dig site.
B. Experimental Serums.

Could be fun, and lets us try out the water supply deployment.
+1
+1

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2019, 12:39:11 pm »

B. Experimental Serums.

+1
I still vote we go for the worker next, since it would be fun to see and may help with the whole random effect thing, but let's test this out first.
Also, B: The Horned Nightmare. This one looks like it'll be fun to watch.
I +1 to this, because we need to keep an eye on Nightmare here.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2019, 01:57:42 pm »

B. Experimental Serums.

+1
I still vote we go for the worker next, since it would be fun to see and may help with the whole random effect thing, but let's test this out first.
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2019, 07:21:13 pm »

B. Experimental Serums.

+1
+1
+1

The Tall Tales will soon come alive. Perhaps soon we will find a suitable Paul Bunyan.
I'd like to try out something interesting. Namely, give Napoleon an Experimental. Either the fella dies or we get Hundred Days 2, Nuclear Boogaloo. Alternately Simon Bolivar or Dred Scott.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 07:22:57 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:34 am »

B. Experimental Serums.

+1
+1
+1

The Tall Tales will soon come alive. Perhaps soon we will find a suitable Paul Bunyan.
I'd like to try out something interesting. Namely, give Napoleon an Experimental. Either the fella dies or we get Hundred Days 2, Nuclear Boogaloo. Alternately Simon Bolivar or Dred Scott.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2019, 08:19:48 am »

I would also like to see Napoleon get powers of some kind, maybe we just give random world leaders superpowers

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2019, 08:41:12 am »

No, we need to spread the powers randomly, not just world leaders. Remember we are also trying to not get caught for having these serums.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2019, 09:46:55 am »

No, we need to spread the powers randomly, not just world leaders. Remember we are also trying to not get caught for having these serums.

No we're not. Nobody cares if we get caught in the end, it's all about the hilarity we manage in the process.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2019, 09:58:14 am »

Only giving power to world leaders isn't as fun as giving out powers to random creatures and people we decide to give powers. Besides, the character we're playing doesn't want to get caught and I usually argue for whatever I think the character wants. It's just that in this case my personal amusement and the character's opinion are aligned on this matter. For example, we wouldn't have the hilarity that is an absolutely die-of-fear terrifying bull if we only went for world leaders. Could be we just have different tastes in humour though.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2019, 10:06:20 am »

I didn't say we only go for world leaders, just that we should at some point in time or over time, give a bunch of random world leaders powers

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2019, 10:50:52 am »

Sure, I agree with that.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2019, 10:57:13 am »

I didn't say we only go for world leaders, just that we should at some point in time or over time, give a bunch of random world leaders powers
Here’s an idea: we give powers to people that people think of as powerful. That way, we could convincingly (well, semi-convincingly) say that it has something to do with humanity’s collective psyche or something.

This doesn’t have to mean people that are actually particularly powerful on the world stage - tribal leaders and folk heroes could be just as viable as the President - but the idea remains.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2019, 11:04:16 am »

How about we go full in and say that all life on Earth has varying degrees of psychic power, with especially notable creatures being able to gain power simply through their own ambition or belief in themselves. That would help explain why some far less known creatures or people, like the bull and tribal. The tribal was burning with resentment and the bull did show a slightly higher degree of caution and defensive aggression than most. As for how the psychic power works, we can just say that it's random potential that is unlocked through purposely or accidentally reaching deep inside your mind to find your true potential or something.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2019, 11:12:37 am »

How about we go full in and say that all life on Earth has varying degrees of psychic power, with especially notable creatures being able to gain power simply through their own ambition or belief in themselves. That would help explain why some far less known creatures or people, like the bull and tribal. The tribal was burning with resentment and the bull did show a slightly higher degree of caution and defensive aggression than most. As for how the psychic power works, we can just say that it's random potential that is unlocked through purposely or accidentally reaching deep inside your mind to find your true potential or something.
How long do you think it’ll be before we make that accidentally true? :P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14