Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Land Wars: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh  (Read 9571 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars: 3 days and people are already trying to make RPGs.
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2019, 04:42:42 pm »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 05:53:38 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars: Throw the cheesestick!
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2019, 05:23:49 pm »

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:39:00 pm by Failbird105 »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars: Only a Sugandese kind of person would make a joke like that
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2019, 07:11:45 pm »

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:18:24 pm by coleslaw35 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars: 5 days and someone already has a 2nd hero.
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2019, 09:05:07 pm »

Breaking news from Woodrock Estate!

Good evening sports fans! This is Antionio Q. Bloodthorn, and I'm here to announce the Canonical Blood Bowl Duel Event Results!

It's a lovely sunny day outside. Perfect Blood Bowl weather! Of course this stadium is indoors, but I'm sure it made your travel more pleasant. It looks like both teams made it to the arena unscathed. Lets take a look at what Steelhold and Daiona have to offer! Huh? Oh. Mispronounced that. I meant Daíona not Daiona.

Get a load of these half-demons from Daíona! These Baron guys look might strong, and check out all that armor! Of course, it won't matter much if they can't keep up the pace. Looks like these Arbalests are taking on the role of thrower and catcher. I was almost afraid that they wouldn't have brought anyone who could handle a ball! Looks like these Impalers are here to serve the role of Linemen, should turn out great. And check out the claws on these Ravagers! The last time I saw a player this menacing was before the genocide of the Orcs! And who is that over there? Is that Baroness Ryreva Kritikou!? Isn't she like the leader of the Kingdom or something? This might be our only chance to see how she fares without her legendary sword, whose name I cannot possibly pronounce!

And lets now forget about The Blood Forged, the official team of the Kingdom of Steelhold! These Forged Knights are quite accustomed to wearing heavy armor, and with the opposition as it is I certainly can't blame them! Its certainly not going to be easy to break though the lines of these Steelpike linemen, even without their iconic weapons! And are those Bloodletters? You really have to commend their bravery for showing up without heavy armor! Looks like Steelhold plays a rather technical game. And how could we forget about Steelhold's own Star Player! Alexander Wolff! Huh? I never would have guessed that Steelhold's finest marksman was also a fan of contact sport! I'm inspired!

There's no love lost between these competitors. In fact, With such legendary warriors here, this game might just play a pivotal role in who ends up the victor in a future war!

The Blood Bowl field is in an indoor stadium with many cheering high-elven fans. Four magic-powered spotlights shine down upon the stadium, to keep it well lit. The field itself appears to be made of marble. Sixty Woodrock Estate Arcansists surround the field, casting a translucent barrier around its perimeter. Its going to be hard to cheat from outside of the field itself!

A high elven man wearing black and white striped clothing stands in the middle of the field and flips a coin. It lands on Tails, indicating that The Blood Forged are on offense first!

THE FIRST HALF:
An arbalest from Daíona kicks the ball to Steelhold. The ball lands a bit to the left of the center of the field, but isn't quite close enough to be caught. Ryreva and Barons lunge at the Steelpikes. Ryreva knocks a steelpike to the ground but the other stand firm. The ravagers move in to flank them as a pair of Forged Knights move to intercept. One of the Steelpikes takes a serious injury! but one of the Ravagers takes an extremely heavy hit from a Forged Knight, its claws having been unable to pierce his heavy armor. Alexander picks up the ball and some Bloodletters run into the Daíonan half of the field. One Bloodletter is knocked out by an intercepting Impaler!, but another one slips through by outmaneuvering an Arbalest and gets near the End Zone. The players at the line of scrimmage keep brawling, and Ryreva takes down another Steelpike!. Alexander throws a long pass, which is caught by the Bloodletter. Its a touchdown!

The crowd cheers at the impresive pass. Steelhold takes the lead, but they are down a few players. They are still able to field 11 guys, but now its Daíona's turn to play on offense!

The players get set up on the field again. Alexander Wolff kicks the ball, and it lands in the far side of the field. Ryreva, the Barons as well as some Impalers are right up against the Line of Scrimmage; as are a few Steelpikes, and Forged Knights are not much further back. Ryreva pushes one of the Steelpikes back, but the Steelpikes again manage to hold off against the Barons. An arbalest runs back in order to pick up the ball. The Impalers try to move to flank the Steelpikes and are met with the Forged Knights! One of the Impalers is knocked to the ground. The Arbalest picks up the ball and starts moving forward. The Ravagers start to move in on the side and run past the front line. Alexander and the Bloodletters move forward... An extended all-out brawl begins! During which, 1 Ravager, 1 Impaler, 1 Steelpike and 1 Forged Knight are badly injured!

A Bloodletter charges at the Arbalest holding the ball! The Arbalest tries to pass it off towards a Ravager on the other side of the field, but the pass is intercepted by a rather talented Steelpike! But Ryreva trips the Steelpike as he attempts to disengage with the ball! The other Arbalest sneaks in from behind and manages to gain posession and the Ravagers start to move to support him! Alexander quickly rushes in with a Diving Tackle and manages to knock the Arbalest down! Alexander is now on the ground with the ravagers dangerously close. The Ravagers appear to be unsure of what to do however, as Alexander remained lying on the ground after the diving tackle! If the ravagers tried to hit now, it would be a foul! The Arbalest gets back up, and the brawlers from Daíona managed to take control of the field, and one of the Ravagers manages to get his claws into a Bloodletter! After fumbling with the ball a bit, the Arbalest manages to grab it and run to the end zone! Its a touchdown! The score is now 1 to 1!

The players set up a third time, with Steelhold on offense. The ball is kicked, the heaviest players on both sides start to wrestle, then a loud TWEEEEEEET sound is heard! It was the end of the first half! The players left the field and the halftime show began. Concessions were offered, and entertainment was provided in the form of performing Arcanists and High-elven cheerleaders. Meanwhile the Steelhold Physicians that they sent along manage to get one of their Steelpikes back in fighting condition! The Steelhold team was not very sociable during this show, preferring to stay in their designated barracks until the match resumed. No incidents have occurred during half-time.

Antonio Q. Bloodthorn here again. I've gotta say that this has been a surprisingly clean match so far! Word on the grapevine is that both kingdoms are trying really hard to show us that they are the more ethical people here so they're all on their best behavior. Or maybe its just a matter of pride as opposed to petty politics. Of course, I can't rule out the possibility that we denied them the chance to get away with anything. Security is uncomfortably tight around here. Maybe we should have let the Ref have a few drinks after all. The dude almost looks bored!

THE SECOND HALF
The players take to the field once again. Steelhold is still able to fill the field in spite of the Half-demon's savagery! Alexander is positioned a bit closer to the line of scrimmage this time, and a Bloodletter kicks the ball! The ball doesn't travel very far though. A Ravager attempts to catch it, but is unable to get a grip on the ball and fumbles it in front of himself! This round, two of the Forged Knights take to the Line of Scrimmage to meet Ryreva and the Barons, effectively trading positions with the Steelpikes. One forged knight stands a bit back. Three Bloodletters are on the field due now instead of the usual two. The players attack! The Forged Knights clash against the Barons, and the Steelpikes meet the Impalers. The one of the forged Knights takes down a Baron after several hits! Ryreva charges a Steelpike in the middle pushing him back. She follows up and then knocks him down! However, she finds herself surrounded! The third Forged Knight charges her, and both Ryreva and the knight hit the ground!

By this time, one of the Arbalests has the ball and starts moving forward. Two Bloodletters and the two remaining Ravagers move towards eachother. One of the Ravagers delivers a serious blow to one of the Bloodletters, but the other Bloodletter leaps above the other Ravager and knocks him out with a kick to the back of the head! The Bloodletter moves towards the Arbalest! The other Ravager turns to chase him down but the injured Bloodletter manages to trip him when he does! An Impaler breaks off from the brawl and charges towards Alexander, but Alexander dodges, then pushes the Impaler aside! The third Bloodletter moves to challenge the Impaler. The clashing of metal armor reverbates through the arena! At this point, Ryreva is back on her feet. The Bloodletter keeps moving to the Arbalest carrying the ball. The Arbalest attempts to pass the ball to the other Arbalest on the other side of the field, but the pass is inaccurate! One of the Steelpikes manages to break off from combat to rush at the ball! Several players break away from the brawl near the line of scrimmage as it quickly loses its relevance, and many players move towards the ball. In the end...

(Substitute GM Notes: The Half-Demon Ravagers were especially effective because of their claws. The Forged Knights and Bloodletters increased cost of 2 Recruitment Points gave them the edge they needed to keep up as well as they did.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:06:53 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2019, 09:38:26 pm »

Spoiler: Woodrock Estate: Day 5 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:42:56 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2019, 09:50:33 pm »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2019, 12:35:42 am »

Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2019, 12:48:13 am »

I'm pretty sure that changing the costs of your soldiers would require a project at the very least?
On another note, I noticed that some of your projects have 5/4 as their progress?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2019, 01:00:17 am »

Steelhold didn't do any project to make the forged knights 2rp, so I believe it's fine, sides I didn't have proper costs till now and don't plan on changing it again so...

As for the 5/4 it is to show I only needed 4 to finish it.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars: Only the chosen may survive.
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2019, 07:47:08 am »

I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2019, 08:26:18 am »

Spoiler: Day 6, Cookie Kingdom (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:39:18 pm by Failbird105 »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2019, 12:11:38 pm »

PTW
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2019, 03:48:59 pm »

Spoiler: Woodrock Estate: Day 6 (click to show/hide)

The Woodrock Estate is performing a Covert Action in the Kingdom of Daíona
The Woodrock Estate is performing a Covert Action in the Kingdom of Steelhold
The Woodrock Estate is performing a Covert Action in the Cookie Kingdom
The Woodrock Estate is performing a Covert Action in the Schwartzwald Reich
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:50:56 pm by Supernerd »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars: Only a Sugandese kind of person would make a joke like that
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2019, 04:42:16 pm »

Spoiler: Hero's Rest (click to show/hide)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2019, 05:02:24 am »

I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10