Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53277 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.
« Reply #990 on: December 29, 2019, 11:13:31 am »

"That's why I wanted to ask Astera. Think about it. This note seems to point toward her island, and when did we meet her? When she had stolen a page of this journal. It might only be a coincidence, but... well, it's what we have to go on. After all, we never knew about her people until we met her, and where better for a man to run than to an island far away?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 29, 2019, 11:16:55 am »

: "Okay, but if the prison island is too far away to affect Kiza, then anyplace Astera could be from would be as well. At least if it's anyplace half-way inhabitable. There just aren't that many islands around here.

"Still, it's worth asking."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 29, 2019, 11:36:19 am »

Karin does a mental count, tapping her chin and frowning.
"Maybe it could be Warche? .....n-no, that couldn't be it, could it?"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 12:15:15 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 29, 2019, 11:40:35 am »

"While the distance is a problem, my thinking is more that Ixion would be more affected than Kizamo if that were the island in question."

William turned to Karin.

"Warche?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #994 on: December 29, 2019, 11:43:11 am »

"Warche?" Amber echoed, trying to remember the name from her studies... "I'm blanking on that, to be honest. Is it close enough to be relevant?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 29, 2019, 12:15:24 pm »

"If you know of a location we aren't aware of, you might want to share the information."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 29, 2019, 12:19:54 pm »

Karin seems confused, almost embarassed.
"Warche? Volcanic island off the Kizamo coast? Only dragons live there, I think. I-I didn't bring it up earlier because I-I thought it was too obvious an answer...."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 12:22:49 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 29, 2019, 04:15:50 pm »

"Uh... geography was never really my strong suit, sorry. Think it might be ringing a bell now though..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 29, 2019, 04:34:15 pm »

"I'm more familiar with Alberal than I am Kizamo."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 29, 2019, 05:08:31 pm »

Karin looks even more embarassed at being so presumptuous.
"Oh, I....uh....I'm sorry..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 29, 2019, 05:11:47 pm »

"No, no, don't worry about it. It's OK, all right? Let's, uh, let's move on. Tell us more about Warche?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 29, 2019, 05:12:51 pm »

: "Now that you mention it, I seem to recall hearing about some sort of hellscape island inhabited by monsters. Of course, I always thought they were just sailor's tales - some of them got pretty creative once they got drunk."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #1002 on: December 29, 2019, 08:24:53 pm »

In the meantime, Senija had sidled up to beside Clara, leaning in (just a little) and muttering quietly to the other girl.
:"So, um... what... exactly is going on here? I, uh, I really think I'm missing a lot of context here and, well-- I did... just get involved in... a really really bloody fight-- so-- uh-- I would appreciate knowing..."

"Senija! We are here because- well, it is a little complicated. And strange, perhaps, now I'm thinking of how to say it out loud." She succinctly explained the series of events, mainly because I don't actually remember them very well myself.  "...so that is what has lead us here, chasing these fragments that will - hopefully - lead us to this old mystery."
  "It is quite exciting."
"And also quite dangerous. I am glad you are safe."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 29, 2019, 08:47:06 pm »

"R-right...."
Karin regains her composure.
"Warche's been abandoned a-as long as Kizamo's been inhabited, if even longer. It's to the southeast, still has active volcanoes that cause volcanic rains elsewhere. I-if you've ever been caught in dark, ashen, smelly rain, chances are the cloud blew over Warche first. I-I'm not actually sure if dragons live on Warche, t-that's just what I read. I've never actually been, i-if that helps...."
Then Karin taps her chin, having a sudden realisation.
"W-wait....the climate changes....surely that would've had a larger area of effect if it was from Warche...n-no, you're overthinking things again, Karin..."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 29, 2019, 08:55:21 pm »

:"Y-- yeah, no kidding."
:"I guess that explains why that Ismo guy was so suspicious, as intimidating as it, uh, kinda was."
:"This seems like the sort of thing that Uncle Harold would like, really. A lot of intrigue and old artifacts and stuff, you know?"
"It's definitely quite the coincidence that I happened to run into all of this..."
She put her hand on her chin, pensive for a moment.
:"I guess it kind of figures, though. Guess that our little group, of all people, would be the ones to just run into some adventure like this."

Finally, Senija sighed.
:"And, yes, hah... I'm glad to be safe too. It looked like you were doing pretty well yourself though, all told. I guess I'm kind of just glad I wasn't the only one that got jumped, that knight guy was... well, yeah, he helped."
:"Kizamo is sketchier than I remember it being, that's for sure."

She frowned, now.
:"All told, if I want to continue my travels I may end up wanting to tag along with the lot of you, though I guess I dunno if everyone would be super amenable to that. If this is the sort of thing that's happening now, I might not do all that well trying to travel on my own."

Astera's approach then drew a couple of raised eyebrows of surprise from Senija -- she'd thought everyone had been busy, so being directly approached was a bit of a surprise.
:"Oh! Uhhh, I'm Senija, from Dargas. And, uh, maybe new friend, actually? I'm thinking I might decide to tag along with the lot of you, as long as they actually accept that."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 10:02:13 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 79