Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy  (Read 24266 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2018, 05:04:23 pm »

Who am I to argue with my familiar. Let us go to the lake. Once there, check to see if there's any vaguely magical material to be found for wizarding supplies. If nothing like that is there, I will attempt to gather some shiny rocks from the bottom of the lake instead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Wizard Academy
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2018, 07:29:43 pm »

Use my obvious magic prowess to halt the tire in its tracks. Or just stick out a leg, arm, whatever and brake this thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2018, 03:25:07 am »

See the bottom of the post for two new missions

take the swarm of mayflies and the millipede as familiars.

Okiedokie. You get whatever research points i suggested for this task. You also get your vermin.

Wait until I deflate.
You not so much 'deflate' as 'spring several leaks.' Eventually your head reduces to a near normal gargantuan size, as is standard for Kerbals. Bit saggy, bit sloshy, but normal. Your feet and hands swell a bit from water retention. Shold mark that on your sheet as a kind of semi-permanent status effect: [water retention]

Grab one of the kerbins in the water and divine the existence of the elelement 'Kerbin'
Kerbin is the planet, you egg. Lemme roll for misdiscovering the planet: (6) you grab one of the Kerbals in the divining pool and proudly declare him to be "Kerbin." The observers around the pool ooh and ahh and applaud your discovery. You now have a new mission: properly locate two moons for 'Kerbin Kerman.'  actually, I'm gonna open that mission up for everyone. You also gain one Kerbal Reputation Point for your wizarding today.

Go to the scrying pool. Think about it really hard. Discover water. Then dunk rocky in it to discover [wet rock]! 
have you discovered any other elements? if not, (6) you discover the element [water], the substance [wet rock], and the substance [drenched Kerbal], having promptly fallen into the scrying pool. You drop Rocky into the slime at teh bottom of the scrying pool, he skitters away from you at speeds rather startling for a supposedly stationary object. You unlock the mission: clean scrying pool! Remove one research point from your sheet.

Roll a barrel of water towards the fire, divine the existence of a new directional element for !!Science!!

If I need RP to get a new element, cast a spell with fire and water to create steam for RP.

(5) you gain 2 RP from rolling a barrel of water toward the fire. The fire, being on the third floor, remains unimpressed at you, in the quad, rolling objects around. Still, science is science! And Magic Science is a thing!

Throw Guano at Fire to discover Fire and Fireball!
(1) you throw guano onto your wizard robe and discover laundry! You gain one research point for your efforts. Science is science, after all, and even a failed experiment gives us new knowledge, whether we learn anything from it or not.

Do some SCIENCE, look in the trash for bandages and use them to discover the element of healing.
(4) you find some filthy strips of cloth in the trash and gain 2 research points for your scientific endeavor. You discover that healing isn't an element, but an action! You have unlocked knowledge of [ACTIONS].

He looked at the papers in his hand. He would fill them out if he had something to write with. For now he was going to stuff it all in his dimensional back pocket, maybe find a pencil later. For now, he was going to get set up in his dorm... Wait, they needed rebuilt? He saw some scrap metal back over where he came from! A perfect building material, normally quite magic-proof! With that idea in his head of building safe, anti-magic bunkers for all, he marched off to get some of that scrap!
TL;DR - Go to crash site, bring back scrap metal for dorms.

OOC: I believe the Next of Kin letters are still un-filed, on the "oddball mission" front.
EDIT: Nope, they have been dispo... I mean filed properly.

(1) you somehow get yourself stuck in your crashed pod. You look around for the snack compartment - there it is! Right where you left it. You open the snack compartment only to discover it empty. Some Kerbal has already eaten all the snacks! What a tragedy.

Who am I to argue with my familiar. Let us go to the lake. Once there, check to see if there's any vaguely magical material to be found for wizarding supplies. If nothing like that is there, I will attempt to gather some shiny rocks from the bottom of the lake instead.

Shiny rocks are extremely magical items, why is that your back-up plan? I don't understand the issue. (4) you and your familiar (whatsisname?) wade out into the lake and gather a few shells and rocks. None of them are particularly shiny, but several are smooth and round, and a couple have little shiny bits in them. You're so busy researching you almost forget to ogle the Kerbettes.

Use my obvious magic prowess to halt the tire in its tracks. Or just stick out a leg, arm, whatever and brake this thing.

(6) you stick out a leg to brake. The tire bounces high in the air just as your foot makes contact with the ground. Then the tire slams full force into a tree and in true Kerbal fashion, explodes into a puff of mist, sending you skidding along the ground on your head. You lay there momentarily, then hop up wiht a littel gleeful shout of triumph and stare as the world tilts around you.

New available Missions:
Kerbin Kerman lacks moons. This is a terrible misfortune to befall our home planet, which the scientists at the Space Center assure us, over the sound of screaming and burning (as is tradition) that Kerbin in fact, has two moons: Mun, and Minmus. This paradox must be remedied! Loate one Mun and one Minmus and successfully place them in orbit of Kerbin Kerman.
Rewards: like, 5 reputation, 4 research points, unlock one branch of the spell tree (the branch you unlock depends on teh methods you take to resolve the paradox), and new wizarding items.

The scryiong pool is in quite a state. Kerbal wizards find themselves moved, literally and figuratively, when they approach. It has been determined by the process of discovery that this situation could be remedied. that is where you come in. You are to clear the Scrying pool of 'wizarding items,' algae, stray Kerbals, and other items of interest. Ideally, the scrying pool will be filled with clear water at the end of the mission. Rewards: unlock scrying spell branch, discover one element of your choice, no research charge, and whatever items you find in the pool during cleanup and can hold onto.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2018, 05:14:13 am »

Use the power of science to discover the Action of healing by using the filthy cloth strips on my rat bites.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2018, 05:27:42 am »

use my research point and my rock to discover the element earth.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2018, 10:19:47 am »

Dunk head into the pool and divine the location of moons of kerbin kerman of the pool
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:16:38 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2018, 11:51:30 am »

Create a water spell using my very intimate knowledge of water! I SHALL BE THE WATER MASTER!!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2018, 12:27:36 pm »

Using the new rolling element, roll a friendly looking scholar into orbit, propelled by water.

((The water is doing the rolling))

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2018, 06:17:17 pm »

Aww... His snacks! Sadness overcame him, quickly followed by a deep, burning wrath. Something had eaten his SNACKS! It would pay for that with his free will! HE WOULD BIND THAT FOOLISH BEING TO HIS SPIRIT FOR ITS INSOLENCE! CHAAAAAARGE!
And with that internal monolog done, he went running off, following the trail of crumbs, to find whatever ate his snacks and make it his familiar. His original mission mattered less than this.
TL;DR - Run off, find the thing that ate his snacks, make it his familiar!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2018, 01:00:26 am »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2018, 03:54:43 am »

OP updated. Probably still missing some things, but it should be relatively current

Use the power of science to discover the Action of healing by using the filthy cloth strips on my rat bites.
(4) you discover Healing! Ding. You've unlocked the medical skill tree. Spend two research points. The skin around your rat bites turns a pleasant shade of green.

use my research point and my rock to discover the element earth.

done, you unlock [earth]

Dunk head into the pool and divine the location of moons of kerbin kerman of the pool
(2) you dunk your head in the water and stay down for a while. Your face turns a strange pale yellow color and you start to see stars. So is this what being an astronaut feels like?

Create a water spell using my very intimate knowledge of water! I SHALL BE THE WATER MASTER!!
You stand perfectly still and sink into a deep, wet trance. You try to think like water, move like water, be the water. Your spell comes togehter in your mind, closer, closer, it flows, it drips, it quenches. The water spell courses through your Kerbrain like a powerful river just waiting to burst forth int othe world. It awaits but a single tiny little detail. Trivial, almost. Just a small obstruction to something truly drenched in power: WHAT SPELL ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE?

all that magical wetness blows away at the thought, like raindrops and fog in the wind. Well, not ALL the wetness. You've drooled a pretty large patch onto your shirt, and naturally, your trousers are quite wet, if a tad smelly. no wonder Kerbal Wizards prefer robes.

Using the new rolling element, roll a friendly looking scholar into orbit, propelled by water.

((The water is doing the rolling))

... what?

Aww... His snacks! Sadness overcame him, quickly followed by a deep, burning wrath. Something had eaten his SNACKS! It would pay for that with his free will! HE WOULD BIND THAT FOOLISH BEING TO HIS SPIRIT FOR ITS INSOLENCE! CHAAAAAARGE!
And with that internal monolog done, he went running off, following the trail of crumbs, to find whatever ate his snacks and make it his familiar. His original mission mattered less than this.
TL;DR - Run off, find the thing that ate his snacks, make it his familiar!
(4) you rummage through your snack compartment for a bit, searching for clues, and cookies.
You find a piece of paper! it has writing on it1 It's in a strangely familiar hand. You read the paper, excited. Could this be your new familiar, caling out to you from the aether?

"Retse Kerman,

I.O.U.
6 chocolate bars
10 bags of potato chips
12 bottles of juice
1 sandwich

signed
Retse kerman"

(4) you throw your wizard robe full of guano at the fire and discover fire and [Nakedness]! You have discovered the [influence] skill tree!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:09:35 am by Ozarck »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2018, 05:59:03 am »

Use a rock and the Earth element to create a sleeping spell.

The conceptual weight of the earth will slow down the target thoughts tiring people until they fall asleep and the rock is the medium trough the magic is applied so the spell doesn't activate until the spell charged rock touchs someone head.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:01:34 am by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2018, 08:30:43 am »

Go find a mop in the dormitories, then go to the scrying pool.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2018, 02:47:37 pm »

Lift head up out of pool and declare that I, Beckerman Krrman have found the stars and am the sun of Kerman but has yet to find the moons, then hop into the pool and start dragging the planet Kerman with me on my quest to find the moons
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2018, 03:15:54 pm »

I CAST HYDROBEAAAAAAAMMMM
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10