Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy  (Read 24322 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2018, 09:42:54 pm »

Suddenly, near-ish the academy, the well-known spacecraft "Return To Sender" made an unexpected landing. A violent one.
The "Return To Sender" was a Rang-class craft, meant to orbit around the system for years, allowing the Kerman inside a view of places previously unseen! Of course, it didn't have any windows. And it was spinning too fast for windows to show anything but white streaks. And obviously, the designers had misplaced a decimal somewhere, because it was back, 10 years before it was supposed to!
It was launched 3 days ago.
Out of the wreck stumbled a Kerman, still alive! Somehow. His Anti-Radiation Helmet did not help his concussion, and he looked around trying to determine his origins. There was a scholarly building in the distance, and large chunks of scrap metal around him... Hm... What was HE doing here though? Wait, what was his name? A crumpled piece of metal read ReTSe... That had to be his name! Retse Kerman! There was a different shiny piece of metal near him. Looking at his reflection in it, he saw he had on a pointy silver cap, and he realized he had a metal stick in his hand. Hm... HE WAS A WIZARD! Yes, that was a logical conclusion based on current information. That building over there had to be the Wizard Academy, then! Onwards! Blowing the whistle he inexplicably had in his mouth, and twirling his metal stick, Retse marched off to learn how to wizard!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
TLDR: MAKE WAY OVER TO WIZARD ACADEMY
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 10:38:00 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2018, 09:39:50 pm »

Getting a familiar was a mission, do I get any research from grabbing Armand here?

"Say, Armand, how does this whole familiar thing work anyway? Do you have any special powers? I'm a little lost as to where we should go from here, I didn't expect to get a familiar this fast."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2018, 02:13:18 pm »

"Hrmamffmfmf"

Survive the trip back near-in

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2018, 09:09:19 pm »

Get some paper and make a spell book. Also maybe get points for finding a familiar?
Spoiler: neil (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2018, 05:51:08 pm »

Bat Familiar Get!
collect bat poo to use as fireball fuel.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2018, 06:02:12 pm »

If you've gotten a familiar, take a single research point for it. if you've already gotten your RP for finding a familiar, you don't get a second for it.

remember to tell me you are gaining research (by saying "collect samples" "record observations" "do experiment" etc.)

New location unlocked: research item storage facility (an old lean-to attached to a rickety building within the the research crater complex).

For !!Science!!, use fire to drive the steam forward and away from me.

You stick the magical element [fire] into the build queue. you can't seem to find a directional element. hmm. Cast anyway?

Go do some SCIENCE get some bandages and use them to discover the element of healing.
Where are you getting bandages from?

Record the mass summoning of water into my spell book then go run to the divining pool

done and done. one spell page filled. You are now at the divining pool. If anything, it is even more littered with plastic debris than before. at least two Kerbal diviners are floating in the pool. they seem fine.

Use Increase Body Fluids on self!

Also drink some water from the scrying pool!

(6) your head swells to enormous proportion. Obviously you can't stand or walk underthe weight. Instead, you topple over and roll around, sloshing merrily, trampling the unwary beneath your malformed melon in a mad rampage of mushy misfortune.

Suddenly, near-ish the academy, the well-known spacecraft "Return To Sender" made an unexpected landing. A violent one.
The "Return To Sender" was a Rang-class craft, meant to orbit around the system for years, allowing the Kerman inside a view of places previously unseen! Of course, it didn't have any windows. And it was spinning too fast for windows to show anything but white streaks. And obviously, the designers had misplaced a decimal somewhere, because it was back, 10 years before it was supposed to!
It was launched 3 days ago.
Out of the wreck stumbled a Kerman, still alive! Somehow. His Anti-Radiation Helmet did not help his concussion, and he looked around trying to determine his origins. There was a scholarly building in the distance, and large chunks of scrap metal around him... Hm... What was HE doing here though? Wait, what was his name? A crumpled piece of metal read ReTSe... That had to be his name! Retse Kerman! There was a different shiny piece of metal near him. Looking at his reflection in it, he saw he had on a pointy silver cap, and he realized he had a metal stick in his hand. Hm... HE WAS A WIZARD! Yes, that was a logical conclusion based on current information. That building over there had to be the Wizard Academy, then! Onwards! Blowing the whistle he inexplicably had in his mouth, and twirling his metal stick, Retse marched off to learn how to wizard!
TLDR: MAKE WAY OVER TO WIZARD ACADEMY
There's a fire in the dorms, the spellcrafting crater is simmering, the scrying pool is being raided, and there's a giant head rolling around thecommons, squishing your fellow astronauts wizards. A nerdy looking student approaches you. You can tell he's nerdy by the fistful of crumpled papers he's clutching. He shoves one in your face, muttering about next of kin and applications and filing forms and stuff. You're quite familiar with next of kin certificates, of course.

Getting a familiar was a mission, do I get any research from grabbing Armand here?

"Say, Armand, how does this whole familiar thing work anyway? Do you have any special powers? I'm a little lost as to where we should go from here, I didn't expect to get a familiar this fast."

1 RP for your familiar. Armand thinks for a moment (always a bad sign) then suggests you go to the lake to spy on the ladies in their swimsuits. It's dark out.

"Hrmamffmfmf"

Survive the trip back near-in
(3) your eyes rotate back to the forward facing position, relatively speaking. Your head starts aching really bad, and the world seems to be spinning, because it is. Or more appropriately, you are. for some reason, you are in a tire, being rolled down a steep hill. You vomit colorfully and voluminously.

Get some paper and make a spell book. Also maybe get points for finding a familiar?
Spoiler: neil (click to show/hide)
alright, you get a research point for finding a familiar. Where are you looking for paper?

Bat Familiar Get!
collect bat poo to use as fireball fuel.
achievement get! [Turn Ninja] You lucky sod. you collect an alarming amount of guano. Just ... holy smokes, where did it keep it all? If you haven't gained a research point for your bat, take one.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2018, 06:06:43 pm »

take the swarm of mayflies and the millipede as familiars.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2018, 06:09:20 pm »

Current missions available (feel free to remind me of other active missions - Kerbal Wizarding Command Center has recently undergone unexpected renovations, again, and certain files are still being chased down and pacified)

put out the dorm fire [2 rp]
construct a spell out of two or more elements and successfully activate the spell [5 rp]
use a spell on your familiar without killing it [5rp]
collect building materials to help rebuild the dorms [1-5 rp depending on amount and type of building material]
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2018, 06:10:17 pm »

Wait until I deflate.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2018, 06:43:29 pm »

Grab one of the kerbins in the water and divine the existence of the elelement 'Kerbin'
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:26:55 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2018, 07:07:15 pm »

Roll a barrel of water towards the fire, divine the existence of a new directional element for !!Science!!

If I need RP to get a new element, cast a spell with fire and water to create steam for RP.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:20:14 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2018, 07:27:33 pm »

Throw Guano at Fire to discover Fire and Fireball!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2018, 06:05:19 am »

Do some SCIENCE, look in the trash for bandages and use them to discover the element of healing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2018, 10:25:57 pm »

He looked at the papers in his hand. He would fill them out if he had something to write with. For now he was going to stuff it all in his dimensional back pocket, maybe find a pencil later. For now, he was going to get set up in his dorm... Wait, they needed rebuilt? He saw some scrap metal back over where he came from! A perfect building material, normally quite magic-proof! With that idea in his head of building safe, anti-magic bunkers for all, he marched off to get some of that scrap!
TL;DR - Go to crash site, bring back scrap metal for dorms.

OOC: I believe the Next of Kin letters are still un-filed, on the "oddball mission" front.
EDIT: Nope, they have been dispo... I mean filed properly.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:33:04 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2018, 11:06:42 am »

Go to the scrying pool. Think about it really hard. Discover water. Then dunk rocky in it to discover [wet rock]! 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10