Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 36957 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2018, 03:34:57 pm »

Let us choose Spirit Robber the Fang of Despair as name.
For now we should hang out with Damena and learn about the magic he uses so we can maybe expand upon that.
Agreed... and should we keep the axe for ourselves, or grant it to Samana?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2018, 04:40:30 pm »

The bane effects it's abilities, remember. Let's go with "Bonebiter, the bloodied maw" . And keep it for ourselves of course, until we get a better one that is.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2018, 05:36:50 pm »

The bane effects it's abilities, remember. Let's go with "Bonebiter, the bloodied maw" . And keep it for ourselves of course, until we get a better one that is.
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2018, 06:09:24 pm »

I would simply name it 'CONQUEST'.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2018, 06:13:49 pm »

+1
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2018, 06:33:15 pm »

I will give it a few more hours before I start writing. There's some interesting contenders...

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2018, 07:50:38 pm »

While the name conquest seems nice, maybe we should hold that name for an even better artifact.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2018, 05:28:53 am »

+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2018, 08:32:29 am »

You hold it up, watching the way its light seems to waver and shimmer, and decide upon a fitting name. “Bonebiter. The Bloody Maw.” you proclaim, and the grass seems to go dead at that announcement as the earth below your feet shivers in dread. You have a better idea of what magics this weapon commands. First, it can influence plants and animals to a degree, a remnant of its origins as a spirit. While useful, this is far overshadowed by its other two powers: it chews through flesh with vicious, unnatural speed, leaving wounds far larger than its size would suggest. Soaking the blade in sufficient blood spilled through combat grants you an additional power: the ability to call long dead bones to you, to serve as improvised armor, missiles, or possibly even skeletal warriors.

Excellent. This will be a worthy weapon to break this pathetic world with. What will be the next step in your conquest?

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2018, 09:01:17 am »

Learn magic from Damena, and maybe expand on the knowledge teaching damena in return. Also travel towards another tribe...

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2018, 09:03:13 am »

Learn magic from Damena, and maybe expand on the knowledge teaching damena in return. Also travel towards another tribe...
1+ I think we should ask damena first of all if there are any other tribe nearby

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2018, 11:05:19 am »

I'm in favor of finding other tribes, but I don't think Damena could teach us much about magic. Our magic score is way above his, and we are also an ancient demon that spent millennium conquering worlds. I think we probably know more soy magic then him.

Hey, maybe we could teach him about magic.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2018, 11:12:39 am »

Teach Damena about magic and ask him if there are any other tribes nearby.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »

A demon such as you obviously deserves a mighty champion. Samana has received your blessing and served you well, but Damena is just as valuable…and he can be taught magic. First though, you must find your next target. You scan through the minds of the tribe, and gather that there are three tribes who live somewhat nearby, and several much more distant:

The Caz live about a week’s march to the south in a cluster of hills surrounded by a low palisade. Smoke drifts from fires behind the wall constantly, and a shining metal hoop stands atop a stone spire which can rain down fire from within their compound. There are perhaps 200 of them.

The Naz-aza roam to the west, and it would take two weeks to get to their territory and then likely another two at minimum to find them. They consist primarily of lizardfolk, and often spend time in the water – their shaman can supposedly control it. There are about 80 or 90 of them, all tall and strong and equipped with vicious claws.

The Savta live to the east, and they are not friendly. They are humans mostly, with a few beastfolk of various types, and they steal from other tribes whenever they can. They are small however, and there are only about 40 of them. They live one and a half weeks to the northeast.

Each option has potential, you muse. And you can always seek some other source of power…

But that is a matter for later, Now you must teach Damena the ways of magic. He is an eager student, thanking you profusely for this honor.  But you aren’t a good teacher. After several attempts at explaining your magic – it primarily functions by manipulating evil, and you do that as easily as breathing – fail, you try to brute force it by merging your minds. Damena nearly goes insane, curling up and sobbing for an hour. He has almost certainly lost some of his capabilities. A simple gift of power would fix that, and probably make him stronger, but does he merit that.

As you debate, some random tribe member comes over. “Greatest One, your prophet had us capture many beasts, believing their sacrifice would please you. However, now he is uncertain. What would you have us do?”

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38