Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 93030 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #570 on: September 30, 2018, 09:44:58 am »

Man I got up in the night to start writing a post because I couldn’t stop thinking about it and then I started dreaming about mafia so WTF guys get out of my head charles. Also most of it was just angry ranting about how you are idiots so I wrote a new post instead because that isn’t so useful.

So guys we’re at 38 pages and haven’t seen a night yet. Wow, I think most games end up finishing before that. Maybe I shouldn’t have gotten frustrated day2 but usually I don’t even bother getting invested in a game until we get past RVS, because being killed day1/n1 is lame. Also wtf my role is so cool this game and not having the chance to use it would be sad. I needed to secure the waffles because they ensured EXPONENTIAL POWER GROWTH but given we repeated the day and others gained more powers this day it puts a wrench in my plans to be the all-seeing snail of many eyes. Obviously I didn’t reveal this reason as we already have roleblockers in this game and having to use multiple actions hurts the exponential growthening.

(Btw, everyone seemed to go on FOR YEARS about those pancakes. Did anyone actually notice that webadict quietly secured that ‘roleblock shield’, an item TricMagic wanted destroyed? Tbh (at least to me) that item seemed more town-orientated, but is webadict town? I mean maybe you didn’t go on about it because you’re intimidated by webadict or something. Which sounds really dumb, until you realise that piratejoe literally isn’t voting their #1 scumpick because they DON’T WANT TO GO AGAINST WEBADICT.) Seems legit.

Anyway, maybe you guys find it fun to pick over endless sentences but tbh a lot of the things we find and use as ‘evidence’ are just as much nonsense from our personal biases as anything. And if you want an extent in how people can get bogged up in nonsense… just look at how TricMagic is losing their mind over some misspellings, lol. RVS is the worst part of mafia, even games that are low-powered don’t focus on it for this long because it’s AHHH SO BORING. The main use is so you can go back on later days when you actually have real evidence to go on. Trying to make a pick out of gibberish is essentially random, so you usually pick the ones being least town. But I’m ranting again.

Just make sure that whoever you vote for you’re voting for your own reasons, not some other argument someone put together. When you cherry pick sentences it’s pretty easy to make it look like anyone meant anything, but each player has an agenda and you can only be sure that you’re town. So just make sure that you’re voting for someone you think is scum, and not because someone else gave a cool-looking argument about it.

Oh yea, my other note would be ‘follow the votes’. Though I do like heydude’s post even its conclusions are totally wrong and the rhyming gives me a headache. I need to make a new post for that though ‘cause I will end up deleting half of this one while inserting quotes probably.

That piratejoe only started voting me because he got angry that I said his plan of ‘waiting to vote until the last moment’ was stupid.  It’s practically an OMGUS. They already say I’m not their #1 vote (remember, what people say and the truth are often quite different). They say they would switch their vote to protect TricMagic if this is needed. They also say they don’t want to go against webadict. None of these things are useful for town.

Also TrixMagic if it actually turns out that you aren’t scum (I really doubt it but even the broken clock is right sometimes) I’m gonna say for future days/future games even, stop chasing made-up phantoms. You wasted SO much time on nonsense it’s unbelievable.  I know this is BYOR but you already said you had no reason to believe any of that crap you keep posting about other than random misspellings, so… wtf? It’s wildly paranoid. AND USELESS. Unless you are a jester I guess? Whatever. And if you’re mafia, playing the confused ‘i dont know whats going on whats a mafia’ is ugh. No more prime numbers for you.

I will make 2nd post in a bit because my wrist turned into a cement grinder again

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 30, 2018, 09:53:08 am »

Cherrypicking huh.. Why you think I did that is anyone's guess. Just as going off your own intuition only is a recipe for disaster. We'd never agree then, and the Mafia would pick us off one by one until we lose. Convincing people of your arguments is part of this game, and you use what you can see, as well as infer.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 30, 2018, 10:28:39 am »

I mean maybe you didn’t go on about it because you’re intimidated by webadict or something. Which sounds really dumb, until you realise that piratejoe literally isn’t voting their #1 scumpick because they DON’T WANT TO GO AGAINST WEBADICT.) Seems legit.
...You do realize I upped you to #1 Scum pick after your horrible terribad arguments that where used to construct a mausoleum and TBF taking a break from digging his grave, right? While to me TBF has a sign pointing at him saying "I'm scum", at least it's only a single sign and it isn't three of them all neon and flashing different colors...And if you couldn't tell, those three neon signs are pointed to you

Anyway, maybe you guys find it fun to pick over endless sentences but tbh a lot of the things we find and use as ‘evidence’ are just as much nonsense from our personal biases as anything.
...Not really, if you couldn't find things out without an investigation roll telling everyone who's who this game wouldn't exactly work... Sounds like you are just making a weak excuse of a defense and dismissing all of your blunders...You are going to have to do a bit more then that to actually convince people.

Just make sure that whoever you vote for you’re voting for your own reasons, not some other argument someone put together. When you cherry pick sentences it’s pretty easy to make it look like anyone meant anything, but each player has an agenda and you can only be sure that you’re town. So just make sure that you’re voting for someone you think is scum, and not because someone else gave a cool-looking argument about it.
I actually agree with this to an extent, vote for your own reasons and not just because someone said to vote for someone, though do read what people have said and make your own judgement. However, I feel the massive irony in the cherry picking part is lost on you...

That piratejoe only started voting me because he got angry that I said his plan of ‘waiting to vote until the last moment’ was stupid.  It’s practically an OMGUS. They already say I’m not their #1 vote (remember, what people say and the truth are often quite different). They say they would switch their vote to protect TricMagic if this is needed. They also say they don’t want to go against webadict. None of these things are useful for town.
The fact you are dismissing my arguments by claiming its me just being petty along with lying or at least forgetting what I have said in the past proves that you either are trying to imply I'm scum with a shoddy argument, or are paying very little actual attention to what I posted...To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it was both...At least you said two truthful things in this, that I trust Tric and don't currently think its worth it currently to get myself into an argument against the king of this game.. that's two more then usual.

Also TrixMagic if it actually turns out that you aren’t scum (I really doubt it but even the broken clock is right sometimes) I’m gonna say for future days/future games even, stop chasing made-up phantoms. You wasted SO much time on nonsense it’s unbelievable.  I know this is BYOR but you already said you had no reason to believe any of that crap you keep posting about other than random misspellings, so… wtf? It’s wildly paranoid. AND USELESS. Unless you are a jester I guess? Whatever. And if you’re mafia, playing the confused ‘i dont know whats going on whats a mafia’ is ugh. No more prime numbers for you.
I honestly think you are much more likely to be a jester then Tricmagic is...And again, I'm quite confident he isn't mafia, after all, you made a very strong case for me to trust him.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 30, 2018, 10:34:59 am »

I'm re-reading the thread after my last post because holy shit what is even happening and I don't even.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 30, 2018, 12:10:40 pm »

Went through the thread again, wrote a bunch of stuff and then deleted it because either someone already went over it or it's TricMagic bullshit and I may be a masochist but I have standards when it comes to that stuff.

First things first: Anyone, anyone at all that has played with TricMagic before, did they behave in this manner?

You know it's bad, though, when your read on someone is not scum or town, but "possibly insane". My current method of dealing with TricMagic right now is to just Unvote and ignore until further info comes up.

While Caz is not exactly playing to the town's benefit, I see it more as a "fuck this shit, I'm done" attitude than anything else.

But Caz is putting themself out there, unlike Deus Asmoth who has been coasting along, joining wagons and lurking their way to victory. I mean, seriously. Heydude6 is somewhat on my list but they, at least, post big walls o' text when prodded sufficiently. But DA? Whenever they post it's just some weak shit, no attacks or anything, always picking on easy targets.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 30, 2018, 12:19:12 pm »

Well that's an interesting feeling.  When you can pinpoint down to almost the exact minute when you went from drunk to blackout drunk.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 30, 2018, 12:26:10 pm »

Well, Shakerag, what's your thought on heydude's rhyme time attack?

Teneb.. Caz hasn't hunted down anyone, and throwing stuff back like a mirror force doesn't count.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 30, 2018, 12:36:13 pm »

Deus Asmoth who has been coasting along, joining wagons and lurking their way to victory. I mean, seriously. Heydude6 is somewhat on my list but they, at least, post big walls o' text when prodded sufficiently. But DA? Whenever they post it's just some weak shit, no attacks or anything, always picking on easy targets.
This is an interesting claim. What wagons have I been joining, exactly? Because as far as I can tell it's zero, unless you count a wagon as anyone with a single vote on them. And what do you consider to be lurking?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)(replacement needed)
« Reply #578 on: September 30, 2018, 12:41:14 pm »

I have a question, how many does it take to come to majority in a 13 person group? Just 7, not 8.

Votecount:

*(0) - heydude6
*(0) - randomgenericusername
*(1) - TricMagic: Persus13
*(0) - IcyTea31:
*(0) - TheBiggerFish:
*(8) - Maximum Spin: Deus Asmoth, Teneb, web, adict, TheBiggerFish, TricMagic, IcyTea31, Caz, heydude6
*(0) - Caz:
*(0) - Persus13:
*(0) - Deus Asmoth
*(0) - Rockeater
*(0) - Sheldon:
*(0) - webadict:
*(1) - Teneb: Maximum Spin

*: Personal extension not used.
Not voting: randomgenericusername, Rockeater

Actually he was probably hammered a while ago.

In the end, before the day could end everyone decided that Maximum Spin was hiding a dark secret...

Spoiler: rest of post (click to show/hide)
~~~
Day 2 ends Monday 8:00 PM Central/Forum time. The community extension is as of yet unused.[/spoiler]

Smily removed. This shows that someone had already hammered him, and Caz was the 7th here to vote.
But also, if I die, so what? I can come back if I want anyway, and then I'll be confirmed town. I can live with that.

Ooh, magic tricks!

Seems kinda a no-brainer now then. Maximum Spin

This is his next post.
Can we have a votecount?

Followed by this- a show of talking about HeyDude's move.
heydude6: "guys, let's unvote so we don't make a mistake"

also heydude6: *votes and initiates hammer*

Next post was in answer to web, and the one after that asks about the whole Doopliss bit. I kinda wonder if you already knew that was it. We haven't been getting Votecounts for some reason from the GM. Did someone disable them?

Anyway, still waiting for the rest of his defense. Well, other than the bit Pirate shot to pieces.

Nin Dues. You are on my scum list Teneb, if only from your strange movements. Calling me insane is fine, but.. Well, for now it's on Caz, but I can just about tear you two apart, easily.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 30, 2018, 12:47:04 pm »

hey

HEEEY

WUBBA

Who should I be votinf for right now?  I TRUST YUU MAN
Lol, give me a bit. I am also moving at this time. I was feeling a bit down yesterday, but it looks like my schedule just got all flip-turned, so I might have some time for stuff, especially since I haven't even begun to explain why I dislike Deus Asmoth, which is just asking for trouble (tsk tsk, past web)

As for who you should vote... I'm having a heck of a time. Caz? Maybe. Tric? Maybe. Deus Asmoth? Probably. But they all got their butts moving like a fire is underneath them, which is good. But, I'm just off in my little corner, which is bad.

I should get to work... or at least a bit of work on this.

Also, I can safely say that I know how much the Waffles were bought for. $40. Ain't that right, Sheldon?

The power of money compels you!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 30, 2018, 12:53:04 pm »

Anyway, still waiting for the rest of his defense. Well, other than the bit Pirate shot to pieces.
You have to love a full broadside of a galleons guns, or a battleship's, don't you? Alternatively a torpedo salvo from a submarine...

I wonder what shoddy workmanship he will make next for me to send to the bottom.

...This post wasn't really needed but I just felt like saying this because it felt fitting.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 30, 2018, 12:58:00 pm »

stuff

So... now your theory is that it was my genius plan to hammer Maximum Spin? When LITERALLY EVERYONE WHO VOTED (apart from him ofc) voted for him? Lol. There is literally no benefit in that plan, especially when like you said (and I mentioned when I posted about heydude hammering, it's going to make people look at you)

What you're doing still isn't scumhunting btw. You can't come to a conclusion (Caz is scum) and then go back and put things together (Caz did this! It must be because they are scum!) as they fit your narrative. It's just confirmation bias. Though since you're scum I doubt you care about that anyway.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 30, 2018, 01:06:06 pm »

Yeah... Part 2 Caz?

You can say all you want, but you did just post something. Argue, with Logic and other stuff. Feeling maybe? Or maybe an actual defense that isn't made of cardboard and tissue paper.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 30, 2018, 01:16:21 pm »

You have to love a full broadside of a galleons guns, or a battleship's, don't you? Alternatively a torpedo salvo from a submarine...

I wonder what shoddy workmanship he will make next for me to send to the bottom.

What even is this shit?

While to me TBF has a sign pointing at him saying "I'm scum", at least it's only a single sign and it isn't three of them all neon and flashing different colors...And if you couldn't tell, those three neon signs are pointed to youI trust Tric and don't currently think its worth it currently to get myself into an argument against the king of this game.. that's two more then usual.

You're so curiously gleeful about my prospective lynch that it's pointless to even engage you. If I'm accused of tunnelling on TricMagic, you seem more on an expedition to the centre of the earth. I really think that in games of mafia your judgement should always be reserved for the end of the day. That along with your buddying for TricMagic (you say that you trust them - WHY? you should be trusting no-one at this stage.) and webadict, oof. Terrible ideas all around, really.

You can say all you want, but you did just post something. Argue, with Logic and other stuff. Feeling maybe? Or maybe an actual defense that isn't made of cardboard and tissue paper.

Lol you can spew whatever flowery nonsense about cardboard all you want, all you are proving is that you can't actually argue against the things I am saying.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 30, 2018, 01:21:42 pm »

All I see is you two patting eachother on the back all "hey we won the argument guys, total destruction!" it's weird as hell, being self-congratulatory doesn't make your arguments true.

Well, for now it's on Caz, but I can just about tear you two apart, easily.

Also I lost this post fragment before but I wanted to say that this comment seems overconfident and sinister to me. And it's easy to be overconfident when you know you have a couple allies in the back room to confer with.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 59