Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash on embark 44.12 [solved]  (Read 12989 times)

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash on embark 44.12 [solved]
« on: August 17, 2018, 05:17:52 pm »

*solved* - Here is the solution. Make the window smaller.
*Edit* - Vanilla works so it must be an issue with one of the things I have installed.
*Edit2* - Ruled out everything but Dwarf Therapist. Apparently just looking at my dwarves before embark may have some issues- more investigation underway.

Coming back after a long time away and whenever I embark on a waterfall tile it crashes right after hitting enter on the 'We have arrived' message. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or if settings are a bit too high requirement.
I was originally using LazyNewbPack and getting the issue, so I went and did all the setup manually myself and got the same issue. (not my first rodeo :P )
Running 44.12
latest DFhack
Latest TWBT - with Phoebus
Soundsense
Dwarf Therapist

World Gen
-Everything medium except
Size: Large, History: Short, Mineral: Frequent

embark location- 5x5 ore rich waterfall

I went back and attempted a 4x4 on the same spot and it worked and then did a 5x5 somewhere random and it worked also. After creating 6 new worlds the same way I am pretty sure there is something going on. To further investigate, I am going straight vanilla to test, but while I do that- figured I would post here in case someone else ran into the same issue.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:16:51 pm by Bloodyharbinger »

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crash on embark 44.12
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 07:00:24 pm »

Current results indicate that running Dwarf Therapist during the embark and allocating points is hit or miss on if it will crash. At this point, if I can get a stable launch I will be happy.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 07:33:24 pm »

DT only attempts to modify the DF memory space when you commit changes. So it should not have a chance to cause any problems during pre-embark unless you are pressing that button.

There was mention of another with an embark crash issue apparently due to the size of the DF window, here.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 08:08:11 pm »

DT only attempts to modify the DF memory space when you commit changes. So it should not have a chance to cause any problems during pre-embark unless you are pressing that button.

There was mention of another with an embark crash issue apparently due to the size of the DF window, here.

gonna try this. Thanks so much for help!