FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 78814 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1913 A.C. Cold Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #480 on: September 12, 2018, 09:52:07 am »

Also, I think we should let the civvies evacuate. Sounds like a resource production boost.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1913 A.C. Cold Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #481 on: September 12, 2018, 10:12:56 am »

Designs:
ARA 1913 AT “lance” (1): Frostgiant
ARA Model-1913GEN "SparkPack" (1): Frostgiant

Gift:
Orleans (1):Frostgiant

Harren Plan:
Plan C (0):
Plan B (1):Frostgiant

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 12, 2018, 10:35:09 am »

I would be inclined to Fortify. Getting 6 points of Entrenchement would make us all but unbreakable on the defence, and unless they invade we have a chance to claim some of Harren island anyway.

However, designs. I back the sparkpack for sure. I'd also like to design a SkySkiff flying motorboat for rapid deployment akin to a helicopter.

Quote from: ARA Model-1913MP ATV "Valkyrie" Aerial Transport Vehicle
An evolution of the Kingmaker, the Valkyrie takes our troops to new heights (badum-tss). Shaped similarly to an armoured truck, but with skids instead of wheels and a fan each side for maneuvering (one each side). The vehicle is armoured with Thin Caelium Steel and utilizes a Gavrilium Generator, powering three small Caelium cores, one at the front and two at the rear (creating a triangle for stability) as well as the fans. Below each fan is a sliding door allowing quick (dis)embarkation. Each door also has a mount for a Scythe MG, operable by one of the 12 passengers (Or a Paladin and his squires).

Designs:
ARA Model-1913 AT “Lance” (1): Frostgiant
ARA Model-1913 GEN "SparkPack" (2): Frostgiant, Kashyyk
ARA Model-1913MP ATV "Valkyrie" Aerial Transport Vehicle (1): Kashyyk

Gift:
Orleans (2): Frostgiant, Kashyyk

Harren Plan:
Plan A (1): Kashyyk
Plan B (1): Frostgiant
Plan C (0):

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 12, 2018, 01:14:40 pm »

You know on rereading the lance I don't think it does much interesting. Aside from being beeeg (much bigger and carrying the ammo will become a real problem), it's a pretty standard anti-tank rifle with some light k-wool and caelium trimmings. We need an anti-tank rifle no doubt but I propose a new model that'll actually advance our tech a bit and could build into beeeger crazier weapons.
Quote from:  ARA Model-1913 AT Rifle "Halberd"
The Halberd is a 40mm anti-tank rifle. It is fed from a box magazine and uses a scaled up and improved gas operation system like the Modea. It is capable of semi-auto fire. Taking recoil management lessons from the Gorgon the barrel of the weapon slides backwards when fired hitting a block of k-wool before springing back into position and chambering a round in the process. The stock is also heavily padded creating a three-point recoil system between the k-wool and the barrel. This should provide almost complete protection against the weapon's considerable recoil. The weapon has a bipod which also has k wool inserts in its legs. These inserts help absorb vibrations and counteract any weapon rattle allowing the weapon to fire multiple times without being knocked off target. The weapon uses a scope to sight its targets. The scope is simple and very similar to telescopes used in naval navigation.

Caelium, ground up and mixed into a grain-aligned metal has shown a propensity to emit force when powered, the force emitted exponentially increasing with the charge applied. Ground up caelium is to be added to the metal of the shell so the projectile will be accelerated forward. There are metal contacts interspersed along the barrel so that any shell passing down the barrel with complete a circuit with each set of contacts and will thus be propelled forward.

The weapon has a caelium core and is made from caelium steel to reduce weight. This makes the weapon easy to carry, manuever and crucially aim. Unlike the scythe, the core is active when the weapon is fired and this causes an interesting effect. The projectile is affected by forces as if it was of a lower mass until it leaves the core's area of effect at which point it retains the all the velocity it gained. This means the projectile leaves the barrel at far greater velocity than a projectile of its mass would normally be accelerated to.

Power is designed to come from an external source, ideally the spark pack but it can be attached to the same batteries the Paladin uses

Quote from: votes
Designs:
ARA Model-1913 GEN "SparkPack" (3): Frostgiant, Kashyyk, Jerick
ARA Model-1913 AT Rifle "Halberd" (1): Jerick

Gift:
Orleans (3): Frostgiant, Kashyyk, Jerick

Harren Plan:
Plan B (2): Frostgiant, Jerick
Plan C (0):
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:31:49 pm by Jerick »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 12, 2018, 03:01:10 pm »

I don't think we should sell the orleans. It holds all three of our specialties. I suggest selling the scythe.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 12, 2018, 06:08:36 pm »

Designs:
ARA Model-1913 GEN "SparkPack" (4): Frostgiant, Kashyyk, Jerick, D7
ARA Model-1913 AT Rifle "Halberd" (2): Jerick, D7

Gift:
Orleans (4): Frostgiant, Kashyyk, Jerick, D7
Scthye (0):

Harren Plan:
Plan B (3): Frostgiant, Jerick, D7
Plan C (0):
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:46:05 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 12, 2018, 06:32:52 pm »

I don't think we should sell the orleans. It holds all three of our specialties. I suggest selling the scythe.

Ok, But why is that a downside? so what.
The only thing hinting about further events down the line is the line of
This will have consequences in regards to the war as it progresses,

But this could very well mean that if our allies are Really impressed (such as a skyship, something super prestigious for any form Emperor or King. The Absolutely Love Prestigious ships.) we get further Bonuses later. The scythe, for all that it is useful, is a machinegun that is lighter. useful, but let's be real here, its not that impressive, and the more we Impress the with our Gift, the more likly for recurring benefits.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 13, 2018, 12:38:34 am »

TLDR, its a cealium propulsion system that replaces our current cealium lifter as well. If an electromagnet repels/pulls the cealium in one direction, the Internal field will move in that direction, and the physical matter will follow.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 13, 2018, 05:34:57 am »

Whilst I like the idea of a big-ass man-portable AT gun, they are not a good idea right now. Odds are very high that we'll be fighting in Harren City this turn, and a giant gun will be a liability in such close quarters.

We primarily want it to beat their sled and any potential power armour they have, yes? Our Wickerman grenade will do that just fine at this sort of range. The Salviosi will get cooked and choked inside their metal suits, whilst their Sleds are open bottomed and leg powered, incendieries anywhere near that will shut them down.

I firmly believe we will need an AT rifle when we get to longer ranges, but not yet.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2018, 09:56:16 am »

Designs:
ARA Model-1913 AT “Lance” (0):
ARA Model-1913 GEN "SparkPack" (4): Frostgiant, Kashyyk, Jerick, D7
ARA Model-1913 AT Rifle "Halberd" (3): Jerick, D7, Frostgiant

Gift:
Orleans (4): Frostgiant, Kashyyk, Jerick, D7
Scthye (0):

Harren Plan:
Plan B (3): Frostgiant, Jerick, D7
Plan C (0):

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 13, 2018, 11:13:41 am »

Doubloon, can we please add a small set of inductive coils around the promethium, with thr option to remove them if the improvements fail.

Designs:
ARA Model-1913 AT “Lance” (0):
ARA Model-1913 GEN "SparkPack" (5): Frostgiant, Kashyyk, Jerick, D7, Doomblade
ARA Model-1913 AT Rifle "Halberd" (4): Jerick, D7, Frostgiant, Doomblade

Gift:
Orleans (5): Frostgiant, Kashyyk, Jerick, D7, Doomblade
Scthye (0):

Harren Plan:
Plan B (4): Frostgiant, Jerick, D7, Doomblade
Plan C (0):
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:03:13 pm by Doomblade187 »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 13, 2018, 09:32:40 pm »

Votes for this phase are now locked.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 13, 2018, 09:33:57 pm »

The valravn scout, assasination and commando armour.
While the lighter the terrain is, the less useful it can be, it is still a very fast suit of armour that can be used in stealth operation.  In the worst case its a suit of armour plating and K-Wool. In the best case it reccreats assasin creed and the arkahm games with Salvosi replacing the NPC's.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:19:20 pm by frostgiant »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 16, 2018, 12:28:32 am »

So, confirmation about something we noticed in the salviosi designs. They use promethium as an explosive, so everything that is made with it  (IE, engines, generators) are volatile, like strapping dynamite to yourself. The salvisoi haven't noticed this fact like we have, even though they made the stuff.
So a revision this turn will need to be to create stable promethium rods that don't go boom, for the Knights and poor sods wearing sparkpacks if for nothing else.

So for a revision this turn, we need to Fix this explosive problem, and stabilise our promethium rods... so our armors and soldiers don't have explosives strapped to them that can go off in combat... that would be bad.
I present, Project FESOSO
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:44:54 am by frostgiant »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 16, 2018, 04:19:23 pm »

A quick discord download:

We can make k-wool infused resins, fiberglass, etc, as wool ignites around 550+ degrees C. This would be awesome. This does rule out glasses and alloys wothout further work though.

Edit: before I forget, here.

Sawed off shotguns with axeheads firing 20mm sabot armor piercing shells.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:56:41 pm by Doomblade187 »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59