Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45062 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2018, 11:18:13 am »

I would vote for awareness and ask to put a +1 in those skills that are almost becoming a 20 so we can pass some low level checks

but the idea of a cold as ice with fabulous hair asshole with the heart of obsidian in the wastes is too funny/ stereotyped to pass the chance

so +1
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2018, 12:01:15 pm »

Well, I see your point there.
+5 Sneak, +5 Guns, +2 Speech, +2 Repair
Cold As Ice

Try to sneak over to Bulletpoint and the Kid. When Bulletpoint sees us, mime acting like a corpse covered in ash. Point toward him and us so that he understands he is to play dead, covered in ash with the Kid.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2018, 05:13:50 pm »

Sneak: 70/70

Having seen enough, you slowly start making your way back, on your belly. It's a nervewracking experience, now that you know what you know about their armaments. If they spot you, they're likely to turn you into complete, bullet-riddled mush. So, doing your absolute best not to ough as the ashes start going up your nose, you slowly edge back as they start dismanteling the camp for anything useful. Bulletpoints armory is first, so you won't be picking up any extra ammo... You swear under your breath as it happens, but at least it distracts a few of the Skulls. When you get far enough to upgrade your silent edging to slightly faster crawling, you make a signal to Bulletpoint and the kid to get down. Bulletpoint takes a bit, but the kid understands the concept pretty fast. She even catches on to dig herself into the ashes, though Bulletpoint is too stupid to follow. Still, it's enough.
Then. You hear a raspy call from behind you, and you stop breathing. Oh no
This is it.
You're going to die here.

There's bodies over there!
You hear somebody else shouting, though you can't hear it. They aren't shouting, after all. You do your absolute damndest not to be noticed, and your best corpse impression. You start praying, to nothing in particular. There's so many religions, how the hell can you figure out which one's right? You just call it "God" and hope it answers. The ghoul stomps closer to you, and it takes all your composure to not crack and do something drastic. His heavy boot lands just and inch from your head, but he keeps walking after just a short glance. He doesn't even check, he...
Did he not see you? Stealth: 83/?
He keeps walking towards the campfire, however, and after just a short bit he's there. You pray that they're both clever enough to play dead, but Bulletpoint almost instantly cracks! He jumps up, on his knees, and start pleading with the ghoul not to shoot him, hands clasped and everything. Fucking coward!
The ghoul yells at him to shut up, before knocking him out with the butt of his gun. Bulletpoint goes out like a light, and the ghoul sings him over his shoulders. He yells back at the group.
Everybody's accounted for, now! Just a dead slave here!
He steps over you again, not even bothering to look for any other people. You feel like you're about to break a rib from your hammering heart, but god-damn it, you made it. You're not entirely sure HOW, but you made it. Even the kid made it, and you don't even care about her.

With that out of the way, you start sneaking closer as the group starts piling into the working truck. They leave the tents where they stand, and take everything with them. You reach the kid just as they drive off, about half an hour of agonized waiting and trying not to be noticed. Just lying there, baking in the sun as the ash does a good job at keeping the damned heat, you reach a sort of strange experience, all in all. For a long time, no thoughts truly penetrated, they floated by, not truly registering, as you felt every vein in your body throb from the adrenaline. Breathlessly waiting for something to go wrong. Then, ever so slightly, an arm forward. A leg. Some more ash over you.
Maddening.
Still, you made it. The truck is gone, and you and the kid remain.
H-holy FUCK, that was close. Nice acting, kid. You give her a tap on the shoulder as you look her over. Your blood freezes for a moment when you notice there's blood coming from her face, an ugly cut across the forehead.
What the hell?
She raises her barely whittled piece of metal, shaking it like a rattle. She looks proud, for some reason.
Papa taught us to look as hurt as possible in the big towns. Convinces people to buy you.
...I'm starting to think we mighta done some good when we killed that prick... Fuck, man... Fuck! We just lost all our allies! It's just us and these fucking tents!
It's just us? Maybe we can...
What, rescue them? Sorry to break it to you, kid, this isn't that kind of fucking story, alright! You're adopted by a some random fucking raider in the middle of fucking nowhere, and I just lost everything but the clothes on my fucking back! You think we can live here in Louisiana with just the fucking two of us!? We're FUCKED, kid.
You grab her by the shoulders as you rant, and shake her a bit. When you notice she doesn't seem to get why you're panicking, and looks at you with worry, you start to calm down.
And then sigh.

Fuck it. Life is effort and I'll stop when I'm dead. Let's go to the camp and see what they left for us. If nothing else, we can make some sturdier clothing out of the tents.
Looting your own camp is a surreal feeling, to say the least. You're happy to note that there were some very, very basic medical supplies left. Two stimpacks were left under the ashes, beneath an old table, and they even left Pack Leader's throne... And the key to the Kid's collar. You'd forgotten about her chain and collar, and you consider if that's the reason she didn't take off running yet.
Well, you pocket it, for now. You'll think about it a little later. You also note that they left Chef's... "food". It's heavily burnt Gecko skin, to be precise, with undercooked meat and poorly cooked fat. He practically made leather, but people like sucking off the meat enough to let it slide. Also, Chef cut the ears off the last person to complain and ate them in front of everybody. Really, you were skirting a line when you preferred going off to eat something else. You hear the kid spit out a chunk of raw gecko when she tries it.
Ugh... What IS that?
Guessing from the colouring? You just tasted a bit of gecko bumhole, girl. Don't feel bad, there's solid muscles around the butt. Chef just cooks like he smells.
...ewww.
You laugh a little as you keep searching. They picked up the three stooges' weapons, and even took their corpses, strangely. Probably need to keep their ghouls fed... Disgusting inhuman freaks!

The armory was looted completely, they didn't even leave the tables. You and the kid scrounge around in the ashes for any errand bullets that might have fallen, but you don't find any .357. Around seven 12-gauge shotgun shells, twelve 9mm bullets, and even a single .44 bullet. You don't know who would even have used that round, there was nothing of that calibre in the whole camp. Before you leave, however, you take one final look around. Then, you spot it, in the ashes. A little lump. PER check: D20+PER= 22/15 LCK check:D20+LCK=23
Dear god.
Against the odds, there it is. A sawed off shotgun, a genuine VG Bentley double-barrelled beauty. Triangular handle, uses 12gauge shells, wooden grip... All that's wrong with it is a bit of a squeaky break-action movement. Something that you can fix with some oil, probably. Looking inside the gun, you even find a single un-used shell placing your total shells up to eight. You decide to load it before putting it on your belt. The hammers aren't cocked back, so you won't have it going off against your leg.

In the end, you have around five pieces of basically inedible "meat", a key to the girl's collar, two stimpacks, some odds and ends in bullets and a beautiful piece of point-blank death. Some things aren't all bad, you suppose. Still, you need something to put that stuff in before you leave.
On that note: What do you do before you leave, and how will you find civilisation. You know there's a town around two day's walk to the east, but you don't have the supplies for that journey without some clever work. The river is just a short hike away, though...
The truck also left some easy to follow tracks.

Combat Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

EXP 'till next Level-up: 5/250

I am aware shotguns aren't that ineffective at the ranges I'm presenting, but we aren't going for THAT much gun realism.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2018, 07:43:03 pm »

Well, not too bad. It could certainly be worse. Does the river lead toward the town or no?

Try to recall what sort of monsters or animals dwell here, if they're nocturnal, etc. See if we can't find any jugs or canteens to store water in. Maybe try to find a tarps to wrap up the food in. Try to scrounge up some caps and see if anyone had a private stash of food or chems in their tents. Do we have a backpack? Finally, is our face known to the wastelanders as raider scum?

Avanti!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2018, 08:17:35 pm »

Well, not too bad. It could certainly be worse. Does the river lead toward the town or no?

Try to recall what sort of monsters or animals dwell here, if they're nocturnal, etc. See if we can't find any jugs or canteens to store water in. Maybe try to find a tarps to wrap up the food in. Try to scrounge up some caps and see if anyone had a private stash of food or chems in their tents. Do we have a backpack? Finally, is our face known to the wastelanders as raider scum?

+1

Check BELLOW the throne and the pack leader's bed dig a bit on the ashes

if we don't have a backpack we can make something like it with a tent

reload our gun

we should remove her chains and remenber her that nobody around might be that good like us for her, if someone asks we released her from the remains of a slaver caravan that was raided, and we are not a fucking raider

if she looks pleased and don't seens like she plans on running away  I think we should give her some of our bullets, it's for her to give it on our hands in case our loaded bullets are coming to a end and reduce our time reloading and getting bullets from our belt, unless it's easier to get from our belt than this whole "servant" plan
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2018, 05:42:50 am »

+1

Check BELLOW the throne and the pack leader's bed dig a bit on the ashes

if we don't have a backpack we can make something like it with a tent

reload our gun

we should remove her chains and remenber her that nobody around might be that good like us for her, if someone asks we released her from the remains of a slaver caravan that was raided, and we are not a fucking raider

if she looks pleased and don't seens like she plans on running away  I think we should give her some of our bullets, it's for her to give it on our hands in case our loaded bullets are coming to a end and reduce our time reloading and getting bullets from our belt, unless it's easier to get from our belt than this whole "servant" plan
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2018, 12:29:12 pm »

Alright, kid. I guess we're moving out. Could you come here?
She does so, and without a word, you place the key inside her collar and turn it. The latch clicks, easily, and then the whole thing open up enough for it to fall off, like a spent bit of junk. You turn around to dig a little udner the throne of Pack Leader. You didn't figure him for the type to hide goodies, but, you never know... After you find out that the only thing you can find is different bits of nuts, bolts and other small bits of scrap from fixing up his beartrap. You pocket them, regardless of their actual value. You found that having a screw or bolt at the right time can really make a difference. It's only when you turn to the Leader's bed that you notice the Kid hasn't moved. She's just standing there, mouth open and rubbing her neck. You can hear her hyperventilating from where you stand.
Kid? You alright? you ask, cocking your head to the side, ever so slightly. You're not exactly used to dealing with kids, but they aren't supposed to do that, right?
Suddenly, her face begins to scrunch up a little before she starts crying. Loudly. Tears just start flowing out of her as she messily cries and falls to her knees. Covering her face with two boney hands, she wiper her tears away with balled fists, even as they keep on coming. Her face is turning red, and it's rapidly occuring to you just how small she is. Also, you have no fucking clue what to do. To say that you're out of your depth may be an understatement, but eventually you figure that you should probably shut her up before something's attracted by all the noise. You kneel down next to her and awkwardly put and arm over her shoulders.
You stammer for a bit, and just kind of... rub her shoulders. You think you see people doing that when others are sad. Your brain kind of short-circuits when she throws her hands over you and hugs you tight, stammering out "thank you" at an astounding rate.
Y-you're welcome? I... I think. You say, and you decide to hug back, mostly to keep the sobbing and gasping girl in place. Slowly, she quiets down, ending the most confusing three minutes of your life.
You feel her ribs against your chest, and make a mental note to make sure she's fed properly.

...Alright. We're calm now. Mind telling me what the fuck that was?
Y-you opened... I never felt this before! She rubs her throat a little. You note that it looks a bit red and raw from the collar.  I thought... I thought that collar was never coming off!
Well... uh. You know, I could use you in the future. That collar would just... get in the way. Yeah.
I'm... I just feel really happy.
...Right. uhhh. Could you... Could you please let go of me now? What if somebody comes by?
She instantly lets go of you, realizing just how weird it all was. You do your best to work away the embarrassment and to try and suppress the public display of affection. That's not how this works. not out here. You also note that her face is still covered in blood, though the wound isn't bleeding anymore. When you look below Pack Leader's bed, however, you find a few bottles of water. Clean, even, though there's one bottle that's a little dirty on the inside. Looks like sand, though, must be from a long time ago. Either way, while you wouldn't drink the stuff...
You throw the bottle of water to the girl, and tell her to clean herself up.
If anybody asks, I'm not a raider, and I "saved" you from a slaver caravan. Got it?
But you DID save me from a slaver caravan!
Kid, hate to break it to you, but you were collateral loot. We didn't know the main loot of a windowless brahmin-pulled van would be a single malnourished slave and some food. We were hoping for a water caravan.
...You saved me from a super-mutant.
After smacking you across the face with a gun.
But I put you in a coma. It's only fair...
I'm glad you see it that way. Anyhow, keep whittling your shiv, it looks like I've got to sew together a damned pack. Oh, and hold on to these bullets, too.

Tents, fortunately, come with their own rope. Your shiv works well enough in poking holes through the leather, and it only takes you an hour or so to finish up on a pack. It's enough to fit the bottles of water, and even the Chef's gecko meat (that you can probably use as a poisonous bit of bait. Sadly, you don't think it's actually quite that lethal.). You make a small bag for the kid, as well, so she an hold the bullets in a more pratical sense. It's not exactly a backpack, but it'll do.
Right, kid. We're leaving real soon, but I want you to know what to look out for in the plains, alright? So, you've seen that there's gecko's. The fuckers around here are adapted to blend in a little, but look carefully and you'll see them early. They tend not to attack in large groups, unless they're spooked or particularly hungry. Sometimes rabies, who knows. Speaking of, there's wild mutts out here. Now, most of the time you can tell a dog from a mutt. A mutt a hairless, skinless ghoul-ass motherfucker that'll try to eat you alive. A dog is a fluffy animal on four legs that'll eat you alive because his master would enjoy it. Got that? Anyway, they're likely to attack as soon as they see us, but they're careful. Take out the biggest one, and they'll leave us alone. Next up... ghouls tend to hide under the ashes. Remember when I told you never to dig to the soil layer? Well, that's the idiots that didn't follow that advice. Last few creatures around would be... radroaches. Hell, you could probably take those things on. Just close your eyes when you stomp on 'em, they're disgusting. Ah, and I guess we could find a few Nomads. Know what those are?
People that travel around?
Hm, not in Louisiana. Nomads are a shorthand for nomadic spiders. Some offshoot from bugs, i think. They're harmless, mostly, so don't freak when you see them. But, whatever you do, DON'T touch their webbing. That shit's really radioactive, not to mention sticky. Nomads don't use it that much, but in the swamps you gotta look out for that. Trust me, the spiders may not attack you, but they'll gladly eat your dead ass.
Whoah... I never hear of spiders before.
Most died out when the bugs got big. Louisiana's just about the only place that has them.
Really?
I 'unno. Sounds right, though.
What else is in Louisiana?
Well, I guess we've got deathmaws. Kinda like deathclaws, but instead of claws they got these stubby little things. They make up for it by having a jaw as big as you. We, uh, don't fight those.
Are they around here?
Pretty much only in the swamps... and New Awlins. The rougher parts, anyhow. At least, that's what I was told, I never went to New Awlins.
Is there an old Awlins?
Again, I've never been there, alright? But they got a lot of communities, so I'm guessing there's quite a lot to do there. Whatever. You ready?
Ready! Where are we going?
Obviously, we're going...

Where?

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

EXP 'till next Level-up: 10/250 (Created item 5XP)

Your adventure is beginning. Would you like to remake your character?
Your narrative choices remain, and if you did things that were impossible with a new skillset, you just "got lucky" at the time. You also get to re-do your level-up, but only if you change your entire character.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:36:53 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2018, 01:15:47 pm »

Let's keep Diaz, he's an interesting guy,

Quickly put our water filtration device in the pack, make sure all water bottles are filled, and head out toward that town we know about. Try to minimize walking during the noonday sun, and try to keep a rudimentary watch schedule so nothing sneaks up on you while in the tent. Reload our gun as well.

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2018, 05:31:47 am »

Let's keep Diaz, he's an interesting guy,

Quickly put our water filtration device in the pack, make sure all water bottles are filled, and head out toward that town we know about. Try to minimize walking during the noonday sun, and try to keep a rudimentary watch schedule so nothing sneaks up on you while in the tent. Reload our gun as well.
+1 I also like the character we've made.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2018, 04:23:00 pm »

You reload your revolver, and start heading out. You take a moment to swear at the stolen water filter, especially considering you're not in the area to make more. You're going to have to make do with what you have, and things are going to get a little... hard. Fortunately, you found a bit of easily burnable tinder, so you can improvise something or the other. Food-wise, though, you'll have to go hungry. Even water is going to be a bit of trouble. Night is falling rapidly, but contrary to most places you know, things don't get any more dangerous at night. Gecko's don't work much during the day, they need the sun to function. The residual heat from the ashes is going to keep you warm, besides. Just about the only thing you need to watch for is ghouls, those things DO turn a little more active at night. You... think. As you walk, the kid keeps pace surprisingly well. No complaining, hardly any talking. Your pack is light, and you're still kind of happy about the sawed-off you found. You can't even remember where that thing was, perhaps it was just part of this Papa figure's caravan? The guy didn't get off a shot, though, Lupus was faster. Not that hard with a sniper rifle, really, but hey. That DOES remind you, though.
How did you knock me out, anyway? You look as tough as a noodle, I doubt it was a punch.
I used a bat. Papa kept it in there in case somebody tried to "steal his goods". I don't think he cared overmuch about me, though. He usually kept his chems in there.
Really? What kind.
...I don't know. Needles, I guess. Some kind of plastic thing, with brown stuff. He told me never to touch any of it.
Any Steady?
What?
I've shown you what steady looks like, kid.
...No. No steady.
Well, alright... Fuck, I'm going to be jonesin' for that stuff in a day. Fuck.
What does that mean?
Shaky hands, general discomfort... Mostly just the damned shakes.
We'll get to that town in two days, right?
Yeah. We're going to have to work very carefully with the water. We SHOULD be able to make it before anything too bad happens, but hell. We're both gonna be feeling thirsty.

The walk is... boring. The kid isn't that talkative, and there's absolutely bloody NOTHING around. All you've got is the moon staring down at you and miles and miles and miles and miles of ashes.
(Roll=D20+Agility=25)
Whether its out of pure dedication to not end up like an extra crispy and exceptionally thirsty corpse, but you make some damned good time. You feel like you shaved off about half a day with the pace you've been keeping, and the kid's keeping up quite well. The sun's at about noon, by now, but it shouldn't be too far. Keeping track of your own promise, you just sit down below a dune of ashes to keep out of the sun's reach, and drink some water. That's the third bottle, and you expected to be in quite a bit more trouble than that. You expected having to steal o survive when you arrive. Of course, water does nothing to keep away a rumbling stomach, and the gecko pieces started going off as you were carrying them...
Silly, of course. Why would you expect half-baked gecko scraps to keep? Just as you start swearing to yourself, however, the kid suddenly starts smiling and pushes the shoulder of her dress up a tad.  Then, right there on those bony shoulders, you see a few pieces of gecko jerky.
Hell, you'd forgotten about those!
You both take one, leaving two more around. You ask why she decided to keep those things slung around her shoulders, and mockingly complain of a distinct smell of kid armpit, but it's all in jest. You're rather glad for the little tyke, it's even enough to not make you grumpy as the effects from steady completely dissipate. You've got a few hours before the shakes start...

Just as you get ready to get moving again, however, you suddenly hear an explosion of ashes to the left of you, and you get covered in ashes as you hear a man yelling for everybody to get on the floor.
ALRIGHT, FUCKSHITS! The man says. You wipe the ashes out of your face, and then look at the man who currently has a 9mm aimed at you. He's attired in a collection scrap, and has a selection of strange bumps on his neck. He's constantly twitching, which is not making you feel very confident as he keeps swinging that pistol around. At this range, though, you're not sure if he'll miss. But he IS shaking a lot...
Y-YOU'RE GONNA GIVE ME E-EVERYTHING INSIDE THAT PACK... AND I'M TAKIN' THAT PIECE OF ASS, YA HEAR! He points to the girl with his right hand, holding the gun in his left. Either he's a southpaw, or he's a bigger idiot than you thought.  He giggles to himself in a deranged manner. He even stops pointing the gun at you for a moment as he tries to get to grips with the world again. Whatever he's tripping on, you suspect it's not exactly healthy.
And you though Rita was bad...
COME ON! THROW ME. THE FUCKING PACK!
He's standing about two meters away from you.

How do we deal with this.

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

EXP 'till next Level-up: 10/250 (Created item 5XP)
Neat stuff I do:

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2018, 04:49:53 pm »

Huh. Swampfolk, maybe? If the GM is going way back with lore, maybe even the New Plague?

Pretend to comply and drop the pack, however, once he points his gun a direction not facing the us or Blitz/Kid, fire the sawed off into his upper body.

Avanti!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2018, 06:12:23 pm »

tell the kid to stay away and walk to his left (but far from him)

throw the pack a bit to his right saying that you "missed"

If he don't notice, he will stupidly try to get the pack and stop paying attention to us or the kids, or will try to get the kid

if he notice he will get nervous, but won't know if he should point his gun to us or her, if she points the gun to her, shoot him with the easiest to grab weapon, if he points to us... err, luckly she will use this moment to shank him or it will be just us trying to outsmart him
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2018, 04:03:05 am »

Huh. Swampfolk, maybe? If the GM is going way back with lore, maybe even the New Plague?

Pretend to comply and drop the pack, however, once he points his gun a direction not facing the us or Blitz/Kid, fire the sawed off into his upper body.
+1

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2018, 03:26:06 pm »

Omada

1+
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 03:39:42 pm by Basil ii »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2018, 03:28:55 pm »

+1
+1
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 03:31:11 pm by Basil ii »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42