Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403926 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

((Quick service announcement: since nobody objected, I'll go ahead and put the 1800 fathoms from crystal explo in the team fund. Feel free to claim your 800 fathoms if you were on it. I also added the 700 fathoms from drug bust mission to team fund. Should there be any income from the sales of the papers/chest etc I'll also add those.))

Clate, annoyed and slightly disoriented, gets out his radio
... . -. -.. / .... .- .-.. .--.
-.. .. ...- . .-. / .- .-- --- .-.. / --- -. / -... --- .-. .

Spoiler: discord (click to show/hide)

"By the depths, will there be no end to these mishaps?

Clate, I have a black flame, which is very adept at banishing these monstrosities. Could one of your crystal compatriots perhaps get close enough to use it? I'm afraid all that lightening could, ah, mess up my hair something fierce let's say."

Give black flame to Clate (or another teammate if they wanna get in close).

If the possessed gall is about to enter our cockpit, take a shot at her with my rifle, try to aim so the shot won't kill the host. If this attracts her attention, leg it!

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Tell me if the translation is wrong
send?hal?iver?awol?on?bor?
((It's supposed to be "Send halp. Diver AWOL on bore." The website I used puts the slashes to denote spaces/pauses.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

((Quick service announcement: since nobody objected, I'll go ahead and put the 1800 fathoms from crystal explo in the team fund. Feel free to claim your 800 fathoms if you were on it. I also added the 700 fathoms from drug bust mission to team fund. Should there be any income from the sales of the papers/chest etc I'll also add those.))
((When/if I get my body back, I will get the 800))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

*sigh* "Not again..."

Attach grappling hook to ladder so that I have a quick escape route and order Crystal Friend to wait for me at the bottom. Then set up rifle to shoot at the monstrosity that was once our Roquefort cheese once it emerges.

The plan is to shoot the monster to attract its attention and get it to follow me, slide down the rope to the floor below and then ride Crystal Friend out of the bore. If it follows me outside we'll be able to use more powerful weapons with less fear of collateral damage.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:07:37 am by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2854 on: May 06, 2020, 10:05:26 pm »

Attempt to get safely off this belt and onto a less threatening one, all the while keeping an eye out for quick loot to stuff in my pockets - nothing basic like screws or buttons. Must be complex or unique enough to be interesting, like a circuit board or magazine or ammunition or a fizzy drink, and must be easily grabbable by a clumsy mutant more focused on not being made into something else.

If AsHul feels his life is in imminent danger, use the convenient IC threat as justification to Dive back to Akhmah so as to be able to assist in eliminating our two young threats to the Bore.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Everybody was kung fu fighting
« Reply #2855 on: May 07, 2020, 07:12:40 am »

"Yet again, a diver becomes a demon.  Pity, this one seemed to have potential."

Nyw sighs, and shakes his head.

"Baxter!  Gus!  Take the new recruits and lead them away, keep them safe!  I will help deal with Rhea's mistake."

Send Gus and Baxter to corral the new recuits somewhere safe.  Then charge Rhea with both murakumos, and hit her until she stops being fucky.  You said dual-wielding would grant two attacks at disadvantage, which I'm eager to try out.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Open the door, shoot grappling hook at skelton and engage in Molee combat.
Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Accept black flame from Adam. Give it to either my flying golem or my snek golem, whichever is faster, and send it to sever the demon link/banish the demon from Rhea.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

Those books were the ancient human books recovered by Nyw and Drett in the relic vision, they were sent to the Ethral Archive for translating.

Recover the books, the original untranslated ones, though take a look at a few translations for comparison. Check whether they have any additional ancient human books outside of the ones our group brought in for translating.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Open the door, shoot grappling hook at skelton and engage in Molee combat.

[16][18]

Return from the mysterious realm of the conspicuous background characters to help fight the horrors that have made themselves present. Don’t do anything yet, but shoot the guitar-demon if it emerges.

Also, I leveled up, just STR and DEX

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[4]
*sigh* "Not again..."

Attach grappling hook to ladder so that I have a quick escape route and order Crystal Friend to wait for me at the bottom. Then set up rifle to shoot at the monstrosity that was once our Roquefort cheese once it emerges.

The plan is to shoot the monster to attract its attention and get it to follow me, slide down the rope to the floor below and then ride Crystal Friend out of the bore. If it follows me outside we'll be able to use more powerful weapons with less fear of collateral damage.

[15]
Ony stops holding the door shut and instead flings it open and attempts to attack his misguided creation. The thing that flows out of the door looks...well it looks like a guitar made of flesh that overflowed. The body of the guitar is still clearly visible but all manner of entrails, limbs, muscle and bone are extending out of it, dragging it forward and grasping wildly. Ony starts by firing his grappling hook, which results in the hook flying straight past the creature and into the room behind it. He then attempts to use the retraction of that grappling hook to power a flying kick into the creature's vague body. This results in him getting tangled into the flesh and making everyone else's life harder.

Harm fires his pistol at the demonic string instrument and actually manages to hit it a few times. If this does anything to the giant hateful mass of guts then it doesn't show it. Kara fires at the beast as well, but misses.
[16,18,18]
The guitar monster's strings vibrate and a series of tones echos through the surrounding area, a short cord of discordant music. Ony loses consciousness, Harm bleeds from the eyes, and Kara's legs go totally numb and drop out from under her.

"Yet again, a diver becomes a demon.  Pity, this one seemed to have potential."

Nyw sighs, and shakes his head.

"Baxter!  Gus!  Take the new recruits and lead them away, keep them safe!  I will help deal with Rhea's mistake."

Send Gus and Baxter to corral the new recuits somewhere safe.  Then charge Rhea with both murakumos, and hit her until she stops being fucky.  You said dual-wielding would grant two attacks at disadvantage, which I'm eager to try out.

(19 16,6 20 )

Clate, annoyed and slightly disoriented, gets out his radio
... . -. -.. / .... .- .-.. .--.
-.. .. ...- . .-. / .- .-- --- .-.. / --- -. / -... --- .-. .

Spoiler: discord (click to show/hide)

"By the depths, will there be no end to these mishaps?

Clate, I have a black flame, which is very adept at banishing these monstrosities. Could one of your crystal compatriots perhaps get close enough to use it? I'm afraid all that lightening could, ah, mess up my hair something fierce let's say."

Give black flame to Clate (or another teammate if they wanna get in close).

If the possessed gall is about to enter our cockpit, take a shot at her with my rifle, try to aim so the shot won't kill the host. If this attracts her attention, leg it!

Accept black flame from Adam. Give it to either my flying golem or my snek golem, whichever is faster, and send it to sever the demon link/banish the demon from Rhea.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[2]

Clate and Rhea suddenly notice a noise. Rhea was about to dive but...it seems like a bad idea what with all this demonic music outside.  Clate notices that his flying golem is missing.

Meanwhile Adam finishes getting a quote on the cost of a new drill somewhere in town.

Nyw runs into the bore, still holding a bottle of booze and looking around for the source of all this noise. Its pretty easy to see.

Those books were the ancient human books recovered by Nyw and Drett in the relic vision, they were sent to the Ethral Archive for translating.

Recover the books, the original untranslated ones, though take a look at a few translations for comparison. Check whether they have any additional ancient human books outside of the ones our group brought in for translating.

Oh those aren't here. They were being translated in Knot weren't they? We're in Anvil right now.

Attempt to get safely off this belt and onto a less threatening one, all the while keeping an eye out for quick loot to stuff in my pockets - nothing basic like screws or buttons. Must be complex or unique enough to be interesting, like a circuit board or magazine or ammunition or a fizzy drink, and must be easily grabbable by a clumsy mutant more focused on not being made into something else.

If AsHul feels his life is in imminent danger, use the convenient IC threat as justification to Dive back to Akhmah so as to be able to assist in eliminating our two young threats to the Bore.

[19] You attempt to carefully leap off the catwalk turned conveyor belt and onto one below. You completely miss the one you're aiming for and instead find yourself falling straight down into a crucible of molten metal. This seems as good a time as any to leave.

You awaken about 20 feet from a demon guitar that apparently has half swallowed your teammate.  You double check and no, you're not still diving, this is the real world. Lovely.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Meanwhile Adam finishes getting a quote on the cost of a new drill somewhere in town.
((Welp, guess I'm not on the bore to help with the other monster then, sorry guys.))

Leon isn't currently available, he's somewhere in the depths, apparently in the unmapped areas near Fire's Blessing. Its unknown when He'll be back. He has left word though, that if you want to speak with someone you should speak with his protege who is supposed to still be in Eclipse.
Could we set up a (preferably secure) call to his protege?

Where do church divers do their big/dangerous dives around here? Since they must also face the issue of possession or other side effects, do they have some sort of reinforced diving vault around here? If yes, could I use/rent it? I'd like to do some dives soon but the bore is a nono and I'd rather not just go diving in an alley.

Replacing the drill with a new one would cost 300 fathoms for a simple swap.
Can I get a quote on the cost for installing a better drill instead of just replacing our current one? Note that the current 'penetration' value of our drill is 12.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2861 on: May 11, 2020, 06:54:45 am »

Consume one Worm's Blood. Consume one Silent Night. Dive.

Telazch -> Gesh [Bind Lifething]
sacrifice bone fretted haunted electric guitar
reinforce telazch 4x,  Gesh 8x
Path: 4
reinforcements: 12
total nerve rolls: 16
Final Endurance roll
Final Nerve Roll

Permanently Bind the abominable guitar to (obey) my will.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try to awaken and not die.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

I can't panic I can't panic I can't panic
"Ony! Keep the strings from vibrating! Put your hand on them to silence them! Ony! Can you hear me? Damn it."

Order Crystal Friend to climb back up. Use my arm and my beak to wedge the rope of my grappling hook to its harness. Then direct it to move around the guitar. This combined with Ony's grappling hook will keep it trapped in place and if I'm lucky the rope will keep the strings from vibrating.

Hotfire90

Oh those aren't here. They were being translated in Knot weren't they? We're in Anvil right now.
((No they were being translated in Anvil. The books were sent over for translation right after we finished the relic vision job for the Church in Anvil.))

Recover the books, the original untranslated ones, there should be 34 of them. Also take a look at a few translations for comparison. Check whether they have any additional ancient human books outside of the ones our group brought in for translating.

Return back to the bore once the books have been acquired.

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 231