Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404440 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2160 on: August 11, 2019, 11:39:22 am »

"Adam, perhaps your path is to Lead, rather than Follow. You have been blessed ot recieve a Word of God. Perhaps you are to tell otehrs of God, rather than to seek him form others. A Messenger already carries the authority and will ofteh one who sends him. Asking a lower rank dignitary for guidance may be considered to be improper. I do not know that this is what happened, of course."

"Kind words, my dear Ashul, but I'm afraid that upon further reflection it seems to be likely that my own folly and ignorance lie at the basis of the Saint's rejection. Apparently even now we can't shake off the curse of our kind and simply serve our lord properly according to his will."

"Good luck, my friends. Stay safe, and let us destroy this stain on our world."

Stand of to the side and ready my rifle, shoot the being once it is in view. Try to aim for weak spots like eyes. 

Keep some silent night ready at hand. Should rifle attacks prove ineffective or the beast strong enough to resist Ashul's restraining then take a silent night and cast Akhmah => (Es) => Sige, "Alter mundane materials". Reinforce Akhmah 2 times (or more if needed) and Sige 3 times.

The spell aims to alter the rock under a limb of the beast so that the material moves away from under it and then flows up the limb a bit before 'solidifying' again, with the aim of trapping/restraining that limb (aim for restraining 1 limb solidly rather than trying to get all of them). So like an earthbender trapping someone's foot in the ground. Should this spell not be possible (eg. a flying monster) then do the same spell but just shoot up spikes of rock into the beast.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: August 11, 2019, 01:02:42 pm »

Stick with the others and shoot at anything that attacks.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 11, 2019, 04:21:56 pm »

uh oh

Try and use my stonesensing sonar to see what's up ahead/behind this door.
As for right now, stick with Kara or Adamn, whoever is closer. If whatever is coming attacks us with ranged attacks, try and stoneform up walls from the ground for me and my teammates to hide behind.
If we attack it before it does anything, try and stoneform spikes to stab it.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: August 12, 2019, 12:16:51 pm »

Snapping out of his stupor of curiosity, Drett walks over and pats Kara on her good shoulder after adjusting both rifles he is carrying.

"No one do anything crazy. I want to see each and every one of you back at base in no more than three pieces."

What does my mothy medic butt intuit about the health of this tunnel? Does the infection response belie what may possibly lie ahead, or is it a simple inflammation-and-isolation?

Drett, resident medic

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2164 on: August 13, 2019, 07:59:33 am »

try to get rid of the infected parts while keeping the healthy parts intact

No sheet. Also not enough info here on the "how" part of how you intend to do that.

Shoot the wall with the guard rifle, see what happens.  Try to aim at a specific spot, simply to chance a levelup.

If nothing unusual happens to the bullet, go up and poke the wall with a knife, then a finger, then a fist, until something happens.

You take aim at the wall and shoot a single shot at a spot maybe 15 feet ahead of you. The round smacks into the red stone with a sound like a fist hitting sand and drops to the ground without penetrating. Despite the lack of apparent damage the wall itself ripples and clenches like a muscle in the midst of a cramp before recoiling. The black veins near you flex upwards of their own accord and [15] thrust upward like spears. They impale the guard rifle from a half dozen angles and tear it to pieces before retracting back into the ground. You are unhurt by this but...well...you're down a rifle.

uh oh

Try and use my stonesensing sonar to see what's up ahead/behind this door.
As for right now, stick with Kara or Adamn, whoever is closer. If whatever is coming attacks us with ranged attacks, try and stoneform up walls from the ground for me and my teammates to hide behind.
If we attack it before it does anything, try and stoneform spikes to stab it.

The ground is too...fleshy too see much around here and beyond that door is just a big hole in your senses.

Snapping out of his stupor of curiosity, Drett walks over and pats Kara on her good shoulder after adjusting both rifles he is carrying.

"No one do anything crazy. I want to see each and every one of you back at base in no more than three pieces."

What does my mothy medic butt intuit about the health of this tunnel? Does the infection response belie what may possibly lie ahead, or is it a simple inflammation-and-isolation?

Drett, resident medic

[3]

Near impossible to say for sure but...if you had to guess then you'd say that this is more isolation than infection. The way this place looks reminds you of the flesh around...well...a cyst.

Go inside and use the power of the moonblade against the thing.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

You touch the door and...nothing happens.

"I am ready to proceed. Would you like for me to prepare a Shield for us, Friend Corven?
Miss Ethral, the infection is further in. If we kill what lies beyond that door, these tunnels will return to their proper health. Honored One, ready your sword, if you would.
Let's go."

Stand at the door, Haunted Guitar in hand. Consume one Silent Night. When the door opens, Cast Telazch Hal (Seal Biology) reinforce each 4x. So, 4 for the path, 8 for reinforce, final Endurance roll, final nerve roll (don't forget the diving bonuses~)
Spell is to restrain physically whatever is inside. The idea is to slow it. The more successful, the slower, especially focusing on limbs if they are present. Ideally, it will be slowed to a stop, but I want the cast to be flexible enough to have an effect if the being inside is strong enough to resist, rather than being rigid enough that the seal simply shatters.

Seeing that the door will not open to another, Ashul steps forwards and places his own misshapen hand on it. The shining blade above his head transfigures itself, blade extending and sweeping from the top of the door to the bottom in a single slash. With a flicker of light and a groan the stone membrane seems to deflate and reveals what lies beyond.

The room beyond is quite large and, to everyone's surprise, completely white. It looks like a sterile lab chamber, in complete contradiction to the fleshy mass outside. It is lit but from some unknown source and is actually painfully bright. In the center of the room is what at first looks like a mass of scrap metal. However, as the team stares at it for a few moments  they begin to make out the familiar shape of a humanoid figure. It is curled into a ball of sorts; it is still standing, but has bent down and wrapped its arms around its legs and tucked its head down, hiding away most of its features. It has an aura around it that looks almost like bad video signal: a flowing protoplasmic haze of shifting colors and shapes and static that drifts and dissipates into nothing a few feet from the thing's body.  A voice rings out from the thing, deep and resonant, comforting yet stern.

Honored Remnants, I thank you for your aid unintentional though it may be.

The figure seems to unfold, stretching out and standing up, limbs extending and metallic flesh shifting. Though its appears ramshackle at first, like a statue made of scrap, as it stands there is a clearly visible symmetry to it,  a function and design to that shrapnel confluence. The aura around it seems to flow inward and condense so as to cover the body, cloaking the metal skeleton in something else. By the time it has stood to its full height of fifteen feet the obscuring aura has completely transformed it from a metal frame into something that could only be described as a heroic ideal, a warrior king, a demigod, for humans at least.

I carry on my shoulders the heavy burden of hope, the condensed dreams of generations. And still I hold this covenant, to my masters and to their long removed kin. Though degraded their blood sings through you even now. I beg you, Honored Remnants, do not seek to trample the dying wish of your progenitors. Do not worship the false god, the invader, the cancer in the darkness.

Step aside and let me pass.

As he says this a sword seemingly made of pure fire materializes in his hand.

Please.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Nostalgia
« Reply #2165 on: August 13, 2019, 08:45:58 am »

"You are polite stranger and I respect that. I have no quarrel with you and would like nothing else but to let you pass. However we have been charged with doing a job and if we are to receive our reward we must follow through with it. But, seeing as I have no loyalty to my current employer, I would be willing to forget my commitments... for the right price."

Negotiate. Shinies comes first. If that thing claims to know humans, then surely it must know the importance of maximizing profit.

If that thing attacks though, then same plan as before. Flank it with superior Crystal Friend speed and shoot it to try to distract it away from my teammates.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: August 13, 2019, 09:05:04 am »

"No."

Yengenze -> Non (Dispel Mind) Reinforce Yengenze 5x, Non 5x
path: 5
reinforce: 10
final cunning roll, final Nerve roll.

Goal is to destroy the thing's mind, or detach it from it's mind, however dispel works. Don't forget I consumed that Silent Night last round.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: August 13, 2019, 10:07:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask the metal human ”Why were you trapped here?”
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:29:41 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: August 13, 2019, 11:56:54 am »

Nyw stands and watches calmly as his firearm is destroyed.  "A pity."

Collect the pieces of the rifle immediately after it's shredded and before Ashul opens the barrier, stick them in inventory.  Once the metal warrior king speaks, do not respond, simply take a defensive position in front of the others, wielding the tungsten toothpick and murakumo (or just the toothpick if they can't be dual-wielded).  Do not charge it, but intercept and attack it if it attempts to harm an ally or make its way past Nyw.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: August 13, 2019, 01:59:14 pm »

Quick peek at the humanoid with the voice, if it’s doesnt try to melt my brain, see what it tells me.
After that, draw my revolver and short sword, but step aside.

”What binds you to this place? And what purpose have you with the world beyond this prison?”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #2170 on: August 14, 2019, 10:15:13 am »

"There's no need for violence or conflict, let's just simply talk and perhaps learn from each other.

Are the ancient humans your masters? I'm trying to learn more about them myself and we've recently recovered quite a few books that were written by those ancient humans, I'm actually carrying a few of them on myself right now.
Would you please explain what this covenant between you and your masters is? What is the dying wish of our progenitors, and why is the god we worship a false one?"

Show the being a few of the books I'm carrying and ask questions. Attack it with the power of the moonblade if it attacks us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 15, 2019, 11:50:22 am »

"This... is an interesting turn of events."

Drett adjusts his mask and stands back, taking in as much a view of possible of this creature before him. This is not my fight by any means. But I wish I were able to speak with this being. Much information could be gathered.

Stand back and prepare to medicine. Fire distracting shots if anyone that isn't AsHul, Nyw, or Alex is assaulted.

Drett

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 15, 2019, 12:34:42 pm »

((Seems like I was skipped last turn?))

If it comes to blows:
Stand of to the side and ready my rifle, shoot the being once it is in view. Try to aim for weak spots like eyes. 

Keep some silent night ready at hand. Should rifle attacks prove ineffective or the beast strong enough to resist Ashul's restraining then take a silent night and cast Akhmah => (Es) => Sige, "Alter mundane materials". Reinforce Akhmah 2 times (or more if needed) and Sige 3 times.

The spell aims to alter the rock under a limb of the beast so that the material moves away from under it and then flows up the limb a bit before 'solidifying' again, with the aim of trapping/restraining that limb (aim for restraining 1 limb solidly rather than trying to get all of them). So like an earthbender trapping someone's foot in the ground. Should this spell not be possible (eg. a flying monster) then do the same spell but just shoot up spikes of rock into the beast

If not, command it to not advance further and explain itself in more detail, blasphemous though it has already been.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 15, 2019, 04:00:36 pm »

Do you know what happened to the crystal people? To my kind?

Cease hostilities. If possible, communicate with this being and ask the above to it.
If hostilities do happen, focus on stoneforming defensive walls from the ground to block its attacks.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2174 on: August 18, 2019, 04:05:15 pm »

"No."

Yengenze -> Non (Dispel Mind) Reinforce Yengenze 5x, Non 5x
path: 5
reinforce: 10
final cunning roll, final Nerve roll.

Goal is to destroy the thing's mind, or detach it from it's mind, however dispel works. Don't forget I consumed that Silent Night last round.

[Rolls went fine, just too many to easily record on this damn tablet]

The creature's head snaps back and the shimmering image around its head is blown away as though it were made of smoke. For a moment it looks like it will fall but it then straightens and fixes you with a mechanical face, blank aside from double camera eyes and a slit of a mouth.  Over the course of the next few seconds the images seem to reform and recondense around its head.

Acolyte of the deceiver, your god is false and your devotion will go unrewarded. I will mourn for you as I mourn for your ancestors.

The flame sword elongates and erupts with electrical discharge, transforming into a screaming rod of plasma.

Nyw stands and watches calmly as his firearm is destroyed.  "A pity."

Collect the pieces of the rifle immediately after it's shredded and before Ashul opens the barrier, stick them in inventory.  Once the metal warrior king speaks, do not respond, simply take a defensive position in front of the others, wielding the tungsten toothpick and murakumo (or just the toothpick if they can't be dual-wielded).  Do not charge it, but intercept and attack it if it attempts to harm an ally or make its way past Nyw.

[19,8]

The nameless ancient sweeps forward, swinging the plasmatic blade in mid stride. Nyw charges forward and puts himself between the blow and the rest of the group, trying to intercept it with his murakumo. There is a tremendous flash and crackle and Nyw goes flying backwards, his chestpiece glowing red and his hair on fire. The murakumo goes skipping off in roughly the same direction, torn from his grip.

((Seems like I was skipped last turn?))

If it comes to blows:

The spell aims to alter the rock under a limb of the beast so that the material moves away from under it and then flows up the limb a bit before 'solidifying' again, with the aim of trapping/restraining that limb (aim for restraining 1 limb solidly rather than trying to get all of them). So like an earthbender trapping someone's foot in the ground. Should this spell not be possible (eg. a flying monster) then do the same spell but just shoot up spikes of rock into the beast

If not, command it to not advance further and explain itself in more detail, blasphemous though it has already been.

[lose 2 nerve, but the dive is otherwise successful.]
You close your eyes and dive as Nyw goes flying over your head. A moment later the indefinable white material that makes up the floor rushes out of under the ancient warrior's left foot and then crashes back onto it, at once sinking its foot several feet and then covering it in stone.

"This... is an interesting turn of events."

Drett adjusts his mask and stands back, taking in as much a view of possible of this creature before him. This is not my fight by any means. But I wish I were able to speak with this being. Much information could be gathered.

Stand back and prepare to medicine. Fire distracting shots if anyone that isn't AsHul, Nyw, or Alex is assaulted.

Drett
[7]
Drett, from the back, fires a few shots into the ancient warrior's chest. The rounds definitely hit, but if they do damage or not is obscured behind the shimmering mist image that obscures the true chest.

"There's no need for violence or conflict, let's just simply talk and perhaps learn from each other.

Are the ancient humans your masters? I'm trying to learn more about them myself and we've recently recovered quite a few books that were written by those ancient humans, I'm actually carrying a few of them on myself right now.
Would you please explain what this covenant between you and your masters is? What is the dying wish of our progenitors, and why is the god we worship a false one?"

Show the being a few of the books I'm carrying and ask questions. Attack it with the power of the moonblade if it attacks us.
[14]
Alex swings the moon blade, attempting to get it to disgorge its trademark energy blade. However his swing merely hacks empty  air.

"You are polite stranger and I respect that. I have no quarrel with you and would like nothing else but to let you pass. However we have been charged with doing a job and if we are to receive our reward we must follow through with it. But, seeing as I have no loyalty to my current employer, I would be willing to forget my commitments... for the right price."

Negotiate. Shinies comes first. If that thing claims to know humans, then surely it must know the importance of maximizing profit.

If that thing attacks though, then same plan as before. Flank it with superior Crystal Friend speed and shoot it to try to distract it away from my teammates.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[4]
You skitter to the side and fire on the ancient warrior. A burst of sparks escapes the image mist as the shot strikes it in the head.

Quick peek at the humanoid with the voice, if it’s doesnt try to melt my brain, see what it tells me.
After that, draw my revolver and short sword, but step aside.

”What binds you to this place? And what purpose have you with the world beyond this prison?”
[3]
You look at the creature and....hear absolutely nothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask the metal human ”Why were you trapped here?”
Sadly it no longer seems interested in speaking.

Do you know what happened to the crystal people? To my kind?

Cease hostilities. If possible, communicate with this being and ask the above to it.
If hostilities do happen, focus on stoneforming defensive walls from the ground to block its attacks.

[9]
Clate raises its stony tendrils and a wall of pulsating red stone,  slamming the tunnel shut and seperating the ancient warrior and the team. Almost immediately after the wall is raised it begins to heat up and smolder.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 231