Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404831 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1755 on: March 21, 2019, 05:26:09 pm »

Well, that went better than expected, or at least less deadly than it could have! Yay!

Store the money and (apparently just gold-plated :o ) bars for now. After that, onwards we go!

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 05:36:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1756 on: March 21, 2019, 05:42:41 pm »

"I never want us to be in this position again."

Keep an eye on them as they move away. Where are they heading towards?

Also, if we move again, then stop to check out that door. Complain very loudly if it is no longer open.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 21, 2019, 06:52:38 pm »

“Though that could certainly have turned out better in the long run, I’m glad we are still in possession of our various corporeal selves.”

“Now, in light of recent events, I say we use our most recent payout to buy a big fucking gun. A turret mounted flamethrower seems apt, but I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a machinegun.”

“In any case, I think it’s safe to say our employer will be less than pleased by this outcome. However, we must decide on how we plan to deal with our would-be patron. I would recommend honestly, backed with lead and steal if it comes to it. However, I would like to hear your various opinions on the matter.”

Status check. Did the undeaad hoard dislodge, scrape, mangle, or in any other way make the Bore less than operable?
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #1758 on: March 21, 2019, 06:59:13 pm »

"That's all of the books, all that's left is to retrieve the core and leave. Say, is the last guardian dead yet?"

Rejoin the group.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1759 on: March 21, 2019, 07:52:09 pm »

"Machinegun, cannon for 'large game', flamethrower... should set up flamethrower for multi-use, able to use multiple substances. Front mounted cannon turret with inline machinegun, on top flamethrower, secondary machinegun emplacement."

Tank cannon with inline machinegun, flamethrower turret that can accommodate spewing other substances, and an additional machinegun turret. Tell me the materials I need to build this so I can look out for them. Also consider how hard it would be to permanently enhance a firearm using diving or occult shenanigans. Increased firepower and accuracy for specific examples.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1760 on: March 21, 2019, 09:32:43 pm »

"Let's regroup at the exit, team! Auft! Come back up!"

Regroup and GTFO. Take my stuff back from Clate and Drett of course. I am curious as to whether my shiny metal ass will exit this vision with me, and if I will survive in the waking world wearing it.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:55:00 pm by Ozarck »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 21, 2019, 11:12:05 pm »

"Easier said than done!" Auft calls up.

Glide to a nearby exit and scurry back up to the doorway home.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1762 on: March 22, 2019, 12:33:47 am »

"I feel the same Kara. Saying I dislike these situations would be putting it mildly." Vikkan commented.

Time to leave. Quick.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 24, 2019, 06:39:36 am »

"Are we leaving, already?  Truly, nobody has any further ideas?  If we don't possess the brains to deal with this creature, we can still try brawn."

Nyw raises a hand to his chin and hmms, turning to look at the creature.  After a couple seconds, he says more "Perhaps it is a sorting machine, of sorts--if you'll pardon the pun.  It placed a winged creature in the air, and a mechanical creature in a workshop.  Do we have any rope?  If a living human goes up to it, it may drop them into the pit as well, proving me wrong.  Rope would be necessary to keep the human from death.  Though... even if I'm correct, that's of little use.  Maybe if we had a headless corpse, it would place the artifact on the corpse, assuming it's a head like the one that brought us here.  Or, the reverse, a decapitated body might be brought to the artifact, and we could follow... I'm not eager to execute any of my allies, however.  I'd much rather just kill the thing."

Idly talk as my unimaginative compatriats throw in the towel.  Leave the vision with the others, since that's the safe option which won't get anyone else hurt.

((Edit: Thanks, Paris.  I should've noticed Oz's section being such a blatant "puzzle is complete, stop trying to solve it".))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1764 on: March 24, 2019, 06:57:35 am »

((@syv:
Quote from: Discord
Oz: the hall of idols at teh beginning was before any of the guardians. the hall at the end was after all the guardians
Oz: I have to leave the bookend to find out if I win or not?
Piecewise: If you had walked out it would have visibly shattered as you did
Piecewise: but no one even stuck their foot out
Irony: gonna have to agree that's a bit weird
Oz: well, no one wanted to accidentally leave the Vision while one of hte puzzles was unsolved
Irony: but then we are on a spirit quest and half of us have died once
Irony: kind of a bad trip in general
Piecewise: I realize it might not be the best, hence why I literally yelled into your character's head last turn
So vision confirmed for over, it was just that the description given was a bit unclear and caused some confusion.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: March 24, 2019, 03:22:30 pm »

Give Ashul his stuff back, then go complete the vision quest with my compatriots.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 25, 2019, 12:38:32 pm »

Time to scoot to the exit if I can.

Drett.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1767 on: March 26, 2019, 01:19:10 pm »

Well, that went better than expected, or at least less deadly than it could have! Yay!

Store the money and (apparently just gold-plated :o ) bars for now. After that, onwards we go!

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
"I feel the same Kara. Saying I dislike these situations would be putting it mildly." Vikkan commented.

Time to leave. Quick.
"I never want us to be in this position again."

Keep an eye on them as they move away. Where are they heading towards?

Also, if we move again, then stop to check out that door. Complain very loudly if it is no longer open.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
“Though that could certainly have turned out better in the long run, I’m glad we are still in possession of our various corporeal selves.”

“Now, in light of recent events, I say we use our most recent payout to buy a big fucking gun. A turret mounted flamethrower seems apt, but I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a machinegun.”

“In any case, I think it’s safe to say our employer will be less than pleased by this outcome. However, we must decide on how we plan to deal with our would-be patron. I would recommend honestly, backed with lead and steal if it comes to it. However, I would like to hear your various opinions on the matter.”

Status check. Did the undeaad hoard dislodge, scrape, mangle, or in any other way make the Bore less than operable?
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)

So, question here is, are we heading back towards the town AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the way over on the other side of the map or are we heading to that big ass door that some birdies wanted to look at earlier?

If the first I can already tell you that the path where the messenger went through is still impassible so you'll need an alternate route.

"Machinegun, cannon for 'large game', flamethrower... should set up flamethrower for multi-use, able to use multiple substances. Front mounted cannon turret with inline machinegun, on top flamethrower, secondary machinegun emplacement."

Tank cannon with inline machinegun, flamethrower turret that can accommodate spewing other substances, and an additional machinegun turret. Tell me the materials I need to build this so I can look out for them. Also consider how hard it would be to permanently enhance a firearm using diving or occult shenanigans. Increased firepower and accuracy for specific examples.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
Are these three individual turrets or one turret with different settings of sorts?

Time to scoot to the exit if I can.

Drett.

Give Ashul his stuff back, then go complete the vision quest with my compatriots.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
"Are we leaving, already?  Truly, nobody has any further ideas?  If we don't possess the brains to deal with this creature, we can still try brawn."

Nyw raises a hand to his chin and hmms, turning to look at the creature.  After a couple seconds, he says more "Perhaps it is a sorting machine, of sorts--if you'll pardon the pun.  It placed a winged creature in the air, and a mechanical creature in a workshop.  Do we have any rope?  If a living human goes up to it, it may drop them into the pit as well, proving me wrong.  Rope would be necessary to keep the human from death.  Though... even if I'm correct, that's of little use.  Maybe if we had a headless corpse, it would place the artifact on the corpse, assuming it's a head like the one that brought us here.  Or, the reverse, a decapitated body might be brought to the artifact, and we could follow... I'm not eager to execute any of my allies, however.  I'd much rather just kill the thing."

Idly talk as my unimaginative compatriats throw in the towel.  Leave the vision with the others, since that's the safe option which won't get anyone else hurt.

((Edit: Thanks, Paris.  I should've noticed Oz's section being such a blatant "puzzle is complete, stop trying to solve it".))

"Easier said than done!" Auft calls up.

Glide to a nearby exit and scurry back up to the doorway home.

"Let's regroup at the exit, team! Auft! Come back up!"

Regroup and GTFO. Take my stuff back from Clate and Drett of course. I am curious as to whether my shiny metal ass will exit this vision with me, and if I will survive in the waking world wearing it.

"That's all of the books, all that's left is to retrieve the core and leave. Say, is the last guardian dead yet?"

Rejoin the group.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Everyone heads back for the exit and, after pushing all the books through, step out themselves. Rather than plummet off the cliff they find the gravity behaving oddly here as well and instead they end up "Stepping" out onto the "cliff" wall.  Out there, on a pure expanse of smooth stone that is covered in maybe a half inch of clear water, is a tree. It doesn't look like the trees they're used to seeing in story books or other visions, instead it is a massive thing with wide spanning grayish branches and a trunk that looks more like an amalgamation of many smaller trunks all fused together.  Under the tree sits a man, resting in a sort of hollow made by the winding roots of the tree. He's very old by the look of it, and emaciated. In fact, he looks more like a mummy than a living person.  He is sitting with his legs crossed and his hands in his lap. A faint glow of gold comes from his lap and you can see that what looks like a ceremonial bell is sitting on his intertwined fingers.  It glows softly.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 26, 2019, 09:39:05 pm »

"That's probably the thing we're supposed to take."

Poke the old man, try to determine if he's alive, dead, or other.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1769 on: March 27, 2019, 06:31:56 am »

"Don't poke the Core Bearer."

Step out into the expanse of smooth stone covered by shallow, clear water. Approach the tree with the wizened gentleperson.
If neither of those things triggers an event, sit in front of the wizened old man, and converse.
If he doesn't respond in any way to the group (after suitable attempts to engage him in conversation), or if Auft's inspection reveals him to be dead, simply reach out and take the glowy bell.

"Greetings, Elder. We have come a long way, through several hardships to be here before you."

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:07:40 am by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 231