Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404853 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1710 on: March 04, 2019, 02:29:09 am »

"I must express a desire to see this mission through to completion.  We have already defeated many guardians, and with only one left between us and our ultimate goal, it would be disappointing to give up now.  However, we have already sacrificed much, and come very close to losing several lives permanently.  Perhaps it would be wisest to leave for now, regroup and rest, then return in the future--though the church might not be willing to allow us such a reprieve."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1711 on: March 04, 2019, 08:29:10 pm »

AsHul growls in frustration.
"Faugh! I'm going after the last guardian. Those who wish to exit the Vision, I assume the way forward is straight out that door into the sky. But use your own judgment. Auft, I am taking your slave with me."

Take Auft's slave and whichever teammates explicitly say they are coming along and retrace our path until we either encounter the lizard again or arrive at the hall where we met him the first time. If we encounter him again, approach and stick my hand through into the facade room, then enter and follow. If we get to the hall instead, simply enter the facade hall and go forward.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: March 05, 2019, 02:57:13 am »

Auft trills in annoyance.

"My slave goes with me! Unless you want to buy me a new one if you break him."

She daintily clears her throat.

"Fortunately I intend to come along as well; if some of us are completing the quest, it seems most wise for all of us to do so."

Go with AsHul to defeat the last challenge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: March 05, 2019, 11:34:18 am »

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. We'd best stick together, splitting seems like a bad idea overall."

Lock and load, we're following Ashul towards our last challenge

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #1714 on: March 05, 2019, 07:23:18 pm »

"Fine, you go take down the last guardian, but we're taking all the books with us!"

Head back to the library and start hauling ALL THE BOOKS to the statue room.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1715 on: March 05, 2019, 10:04:47 pm »

Vikkan's mustache visibly sagged. What had he done to deserve such grim excitement? "I believe we are being paid to transport goods, not to fight off those who say they own them." he pointed out in a tired tone. He wanted to drive a bore, not continually get into horrible misadventures aaaaaaa. He'd heard of and seen Honored Dead before, but the interloper did not look like one of them. The newcomer was much spookier, and far less interested in defending any fleshy comrades.

"I also believe you are someone honorable, so I would like an explanation about this cargo and why it belongs to you, out of politesse as I am fatally out of depth here." he added, addressing the mummified man knocking on the window.

Talk to undead. Prepare for combat, hope it doesn't happen..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 01:00:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: March 05, 2019, 10:31:04 pm »

"Good luck, Alex. Keep your head out there."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: March 05, 2019, 11:37:14 pm »

I cannot say I agree with your actions. However, I came along to make sure that we get as many of us back as possible. Therefore, I shall join you.

Go be the medic.

drett

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1718 on: March 06, 2019, 12:15:33 pm »

"Excuse me, honorable ancestor, but who are you, and what is it that you think we have that is yours?"

Talk to corpseboy, but try to sound suitably reverential to hopefully placate it a little. Maybe now we'll find out what exactly we are transporting.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
"It is unsurprising you do not know. The name of Izbin-ikaer, Lord of Umbral Bone, is not one oft spoken by living lips. As per what is mine, the avian scum with which you dealt most recently granted you a series of boxes, though I believe they never vouchsafed what lay within. Not for true, at least. Within are my loyal citizens, rudely stolen from me.  Open them and you will see that I do not lie."

((See? This is where some flamethrowers or other big guns would have been useful.))

: Battle stations. Prepare to repel undead boarders. : Kara announced through the intercom.

Stand ready to close the dome's iris if things go badly. If any of them manage to get in, then run away. I don't want to start shooting in the bridge, I could damage something important. Unless Vikkan's in danger, then shoot the zombies, defending him takes priority.

Try to figure out which parts of the bore are more susceptible to boarding and if we could dig a hole quickly enough to inconvenience the boarders or if it would be better to run.

Have I heard of this guy before or someone like him?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
You whisper the command through the bore's audio system. If Mr. Izbin notices, he gives no indication of it. After everyone has been warned you move into a good position to close the dome's blast shielding and then start thinking.
[5]
That is a necromancer. You are basically certain of that fact. But you can't remember any real specifics about what necromancers are or any weaknesses they have or anything like that.
[11]
The bore is pretty resilient but you think that any of its entrances might be a weak point. But you're not sure how strong these creatures are...if they can punch through plate steel then talk of "Weaknesses" is basically meaningless. As per digging a hole....it would probably be a pretty good way of shielding at least part of the bore, though the cockpit section would probably still be exposed to some degree.

Get in the bridge and ready myself to defend if things get hairy. If the zombies break through the glass dome, start shooting. If they get too close, attack with the sword, but try to keep range on them. Also, spy with my little eye on the zombie king guy.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You climb up into the bore cockpit and, because things haven't started devolving yet, you try to look non-nonchalant but dangerous. Like a club bouncer ready to eject rowdy patrons.

Kara slowly approached Kalagony, nervously fidgeting with the limp sleeve of her shirt that would had held her missing arm.
"Erm... Hi!" she began raising her arm in greeting and quickly bringing it down again.
"I just wanted to... apologize. When you last spoke to me, you were honest and trying to help, but... Well, I know it's no excuse, but I was dealing with a lot of things at the time. I panicked and just didn't want to deal with my condition or fears or... anything related to it at the time and so I just said what I thought was the easiest way out."
She made an effort to look at him in the eyes to show how sincere her apology was.
"I am deeply sorry if I hurt or insulted you. I hope you can forgive me. Or at least hold no grudge against me. If there's anything I could do to make things better between us..."

While Kalagony couldn't even recognize Kara's face due to his poor eyesight, he still felt she was being sincere.

"This scent... Kara, isn't it? You don't have to apologize... You had a reasonable reaction, which I expected and was the reason I was too nervous to ask you before. I'm not the kind of guy who holds grudges, either..."

"...Do you know why did I chose you? Not because of your physical power or skill, but because of your spirit. That day, I saw someone willing to sacrifice parts of their body to save others. From a frail and crippled Corven, I saw true strenght and determination."

Kalagony chuckles for a moment.

"Honestly, you remind me of myself when I was younger."

"Truth is, that I'm getting old. My vision isn't as good as it was in my youth, but my fighting spirit continues to be as strong as the steel I bear in right arm. ...Yet, I can feel my physical strenght waning as my body ages."

"So... Just know, I'm still willing to take you as... You know, my apprentice. My personal fighting style requires a mechanical arm, but I still could teach you some of the basics of unnarmed combat, as a way to express my gratitude..."

Move towards the glass and prepare for combat. Attack as soon as they break into the bridge, using my mechanical arm as both a shield and weapon. Go for crushing attacks with my fists instead of slashing attacks with my claws. Aim for the head of the undead, and arms if they keep moving after that. If I notice that I'm getting surrounded or there are too many hostiles, retreat and find a better place to continue fighting like a hallway from which I know where the enemy will come from. If there are way too many of them and I'm alone, just retreat and regroup.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
You head up to the cockpit and also make ready to defend the bore. Of course unlike Harm you make ready mostly via talking- and bragging- continuously.

"We are being paid to transport cargo. We were not informed beforehand what we would be transporting. I believe that the items in our cargo bay officially belong to our employer, but I think that the simplest and most beneficial outcome for us both would be for you to buy that cargo from us for fathoms or goods of greater value than our employer is paying."

Negotiate. For more money, obviously.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
[10]
The corpse laughs -a distinctly unpleasant sound- and points a curved blade at you.

"The insect thinks I should pay for my own property?" He says, seemingly amused, "What a curious view on life these subhumans have."

Vikkan's mustache visibly sagged. What had he done to deserve such grim excitement? "I believe are being paid to transport goods, not to fight off those who say they own them." he pointed out in a tired tone. He wanted to drive a bore, not continually get into horrible misadventures aaaaaaa. He'd heard of and seen Honored Dead before, but the interloper did not look like one of them. The newcomer was much spookier, and far less interested in defending any fleshy comrades.

"I also believe you are someone honorable, so I would like an explanation about this cargo and why it belongs to you, out of politesse as I am fatally out of depth here." he added, addressing the mummified man knocking on the window.

Talk to undead. Prepare for combat, hope it doesn't happen..
"You are right, human. Right indeed. You are in fatal depths, that is true enough.  But I am beneficent and take pity on fragile beings like yourself. That false cargo of yours contains my subjects, as I stated before. They were stolen from my domain by the avians and their brethren, no doubt in some attempt to unravel the secret methods of Izbin-ikaer. They will fail, of course, and I am by no means lacking in servants but I cannot allow such impudence to stand. It is a matter of principal; the lower beings should not harvest the higher. No such is a complete reversal of the natural order.

But come now, I am fair. You are but unwitting pawns in this game and I am not so cruel as to visit violence on fools who have had their simple  natures exploited. Give back what is mine and...ah I know."  He suddenly reaches into his robe and produces a fathom. One of the larger denominations by the look if it, but its hard to tell by how he's holding it. "I recognize no authority above my own but your kind seeks masters to serve, and this is one of your master's treats, is it not?  Be good fools and return that which is mine and I shall give you these things. All that those who stole my servants had on them before they too became my servants. Ah, I grow soft and compassionate in my age, granting charity to thieves and considering the ideas of mere insects."  He laughs to himself again.

AsHul growls in frustration.
"Faugh! I'm going after the last guardian. Those who wish to exit the Vision, I assume the way forward is straight out that door into the sky. But use your own judgment. Auft, I am taking your slave with me."

Take Auft's slave and whichever teammates explicitly say they are coming along and retrace our path until we either encounter the lizard again or arrive at the hall where we met him the first time. If we encounter him again, approach and stick my hand through into the facade room, then enter and follow. If we get to the hall instead, simply enter the facade hall and go forward.

Auft trills in annoyance.

"My slave goes with me! Unless you want to buy me a new one if you break him."

She daintily clears her throat.

"Fortunately I intend to come along as well; if some of us are completing the quest, it seems most wise for all of us to do so."

Go with AsHul to defeat the last challenge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. We'd best stick together, splitting seems like a bad idea overall."

Lock and load, we're following Ashul towards our last challenge

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

"Fine, you go take down the last guardian, but we're taking all the books with us!"

Head back to the library and start hauling ALL THE BOOKS to the statue room.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
I cannot say I agree with your actions. However, I came along to make sure that we get as many of us back as possible. Therefore, I shall join you.

Go be the medic.

drett

Ashul retraces his steps back to the room with the lizard with everyone following along behind him. When he makes it there the creature has not returned so he just presses into the room. Nothing happens in that hall so he keeps going, moving through into another facade room, everyone else in tow. Nothing happens for several seconds. Then the room shakes, everything rattling as though there's an earthquake, and people stumble about trying to remain on their feet. With a sudden groan the room in front of this one...in front of in relation to the shaft that is...slides out of the way and this room slides forward to fill the space. This happens again with the next layer and now the room is only two layers deep. Out in the shaft they can see something moving, something enormous crawling along the shaft wall. Moving towards them.

Meanwhile, Alex, who is elsewhere, starts carting books from deeper in the maze towards the exit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1719 on: March 06, 2019, 01:23:45 pm »

"What is it with vertebrates and overinflated egos?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: March 06, 2019, 01:55:53 pm »

"Thick skulls, maybe... Do I know you, Ethral? No matter, there are more pressing issues right now..."

"The way I see it is that we either face trouble now or later, and I don't see a point in delaying things. I feel we have pretty good chances of winning against a bunch of corpses with rotten muscles."

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1721 on: March 06, 2019, 03:30:06 pm »

Kara opened the intercom system's external speakers to address the necromancer outside.
: Well then. We should prepare the boxes then. I'll let my friends here to handle the details of this negotiation. :
She closed the intercom and made a motion to move away but reconsidered.
: But be warned necromancer that this bore is ours. If any of your 'citizens' try to get in my bore, they'll be subject to my law. And I can't guarantee their safe return if they do. :

Warn necromancer to play nice.

Try to find a place where we could hide our sticks of Dynamite either on the boxes, in whatever we use to move them or the freight elevator. Also find a vantage point from which I could shoot them and cause them to explode. Preferably one that also lets me defend the bore. Set up my ethral rifle and bipod there.

Just because he says he's gonna let us go doesn't mean we should trust him.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:48:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: March 06, 2019, 03:32:06 pm »

"Why of course not, honorable ancestor, we wouldn't dream of taking what does not belong to us."

Zoom in with wizard eyes to try and determine what kind of money the bonelord is offering us. Maybe also scan him while I'm at it.

"You know guys, there is also still that box full of actual gold we could get out of this, if all he wants is his subjects back. I'd say we give him what is his and avoid dying for the sake of some gangster's smuggling operation." Adam whispered as subtly as he could manage while upholding his friendly demeanor to the necromancer.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:33:44 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1723 on: March 06, 2019, 03:42:59 pm »

Keep ferrying the books to the exit. Try to guesstimate how many books there are in the library.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: March 06, 2019, 05:26:17 pm »

"Why of course not, honorable ancestor, we wouldn't dream of taking what does not belong to us."

Zoom in with wizard eyes to try and determine what kind of money the bonelord is offering us. Maybe also scan him while I'm at it.

"You know guys, there is also still that box full of actual gold we could get out of this, if all he wants is his subjects back. I'd say we give him what is his and avoid dying for the sake of some gangster's smuggling operation." Adam whispered as subtly as he could manage while upholding his friendly demeanor to the necromancer.

Kalagony tries to whisper back.

"Maybe... But wouldn't that turn those gangsters against us? And they have no reason to let us go once we return the boxes. The undead might take the boxes and attack us once they are under their control..."

Continue alert and ready to fight.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 08:49:16 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 231