Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405089 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Imperfect Perfection.
« Reply #1380 on: November 28, 2018, 06:23:34 pm »

: I'm not sure. I can't telll if it's getting closer or not. If it is coming here... :
: Some people on the radio said they were going to check out the area the word was in. Maybe you could use the bore's radio to contact them and ask what's going on? :

I warned them. But they went there anyway. I did the right thing. Not my fault they're idiots. Might as well get something out of it.
: I'll see what info I can find over here. Maybe the Ethral Archives can help. :
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:25:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1381 on: November 28, 2018, 09:01:55 pm »

"I have no idea what's going on, but for the safety of this place we should at least move away from it in case it's something sinister."

Move the bore back to the entrance to Knot, try to figure out what the sound is and if Adam needs to be booted off the bore because something is coming for the Word of GOD Adam absorbed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 29, 2018, 11:36:22 am »

Stay behind until everyone else is across, ready to charge out into the open if the bird spots someone.  Wield the hatchet.  Cross if everyone else makes it without issue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 29, 2018, 12:56:00 pm »

"I'm feeling lucky"

Wait for a bit to see if there's a pattern to the bird I could figure out. Regardless, try to time my moment right to dash over to the doors of the first building.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1384 on: November 29, 2018, 04:28:55 pm »

"Hmm. It looks like a quick dash to the door will get us there safely, assuming we time it right, and assuming those dead remain still and silent. Even so, we should go in pairs or groups of three, rather than all in one go. Nyw, I believe that you and Iron Teeth should come last, ready to charge should the bird or other hostiles attack while any of us are crossing. Once we get a couple of riflemen on the other side to cover you, you should cross together as well.

I think the order of crossing should be:
Auft and Drett, followed by Myself and Alex, followed by Clate and Schitter, and then you two. Though, I am willing to take lead instead, to keep our doctor protected. What do you guys think?"

Signal the guys who stayed behind to make their way up to this point. Watch the bird to see what pattern it looks around with and determine the best timing to run across the flat place.
Auft trilled thoughtfully. "No objections."

If Drett is down, dash across with him first. Otherwise dash across with my goon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 30, 2018, 11:25:15 am »

I suppose we are too far into this relic vision to turn back now. Let's go.

Well. No sense in tarrying. I'll have to move up anyway and I might as well do it with everyone having my back.

GO GO GO NO STOP MAKE IT SAFE

Character Sheet

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 30, 2018, 03:35:09 pm »

assuming I heard the roar, jolt up from cuddle puddle. Get dressed and get outside. I want to do a survey of the defensive capabilities of this city.
-Are there any defenses?
-A standing military?
-Are there any potentially exploitable features in the directing we came from? (Giant stalactite or something)
Get to the city and see if there are any heavy weapons or explosives stores or stockpiles. What kind of vehicles are here?

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:38:01 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 01, 2018, 11:51:07 am »

During the vision managed to use my flammenvision to not just look at things in detail, but also to look through stone and such to things that lied beyond. Try to do that again, but look in the direction of the sound to try and see what is coming towards us.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1388 on: December 02, 2018, 12:08:28 am »

Okay screw catching up on this, just tell me what the fuck is happening. I should be somewhere on the bore.
If you're on the bore, then the following is happening.

1. The bore is going to get some gold from the goldshore.
2. On the way there, it ran into a Word of GOD, a big bad relic of creation that, according to people on the bore, foreshadows the appearance of a Messenger.
3. Radio ate it and gained some kind of vision.
4. You're now in Knot.
5. There is a sound like a distant river coming from the tunnel you took into town.

: Erm, guys? Are you feeling this? Perhaps we should get away from inhabited areas. : Kara nervously spoke into her radio.

Is the noise getting closer? Do I have some time before it gets here? If yes, then I think it's time for some EXTREME SPEED RESEARCH! Start skimming the Ethral texts (pay fee if necessary), looking for anything that might be helpful to the current situation. Ask the Ethral if it would be so kind to point me in the right direction and warn them about possible impending danger. Edit: Offer to transport them or their relics to safely with the bore if they need to.

If I don't have enough time get either to the bore or if I can't get there in time, get to cover/safety.

If the noise isn't getting closer, then just read some of the Ethral texts.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Hard to say if its getting closer, but it seems to be getting louder, though slowly. Hard to say if it will show up here at all. Its too big, you can only tell the vague direction; the sound is reverberating everywhere.
[6]
You run over to the collection of books the Ethral indicated to be the more...secular approach to the Word of GOD. You flip through, skimming for anything interesting with a distinct feeling of impending doom. You find what you're looking for after a few moments.  It says that the Words of GOD seem to act like path markers for the Messengers, appearing before a new messenger path is created. If it guides the messenger or if it simply acts as a sort of premonition is unknown, but there are no historical cases of those who have absorbed the Words -rare as they are- being "Chased down" by Messengers so its assumed the words don't work like that.

You feel a little better, but still you offer the nearest researching your aid and tell them that one of your boremates just absorbed a Word. They are immediately interested more in examining your friend then trying to get away. You try to focus them and they repeatedly assure you the archive is safe.

Get to the bore entrance

Cover Kara with the shotgun if they try to get back.

Also guard the bore against any dangers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You stand outside the bore, shotgun in hand, scanning the pathways around you with a calm and distant glare.

"I have no idea what's going on, but for the safety of this place we should at least move away from it in case it's something sinister."

Move the bore back to the entrance to Knot, try to figure out what the sound is and if Adam needs to be booted off the bore because something is coming for the Word of GOD Adam absorbed.

You Get the bore moving with Agire still standing in the doorway to an open airlock, shotgun in hand, not quite understanding how silly such a position is. You take the bore back to the entrance and the entire place has a quiet vibration to it. Like a Bore tunneling past nearby. You check the instruments and there's a slight change in temp between here and where you were. A few degrees hotter.

[2]
You're not totally sure, but when you think back you don't remember anything about people who absorbed the words getting fried by a messenger so Adam is probably fine but...You check the map. Knot is downhill from that pathway where Adam absorbed the Word...and if a Messenger comes through there and melts a new pathway...there's gonna be a lot of molten rock that has to go somewhere....

assuming I heard the roar, jolt up from cuddle puddle. Get dressed and get outside. I want to do a survey of the defensive capabilities of this city.
-Are there any defenses?
-A standing military?
-Are there any potentially exploitable features in the directing we came from? (Giant stalactite or something)
Get to the city and see if there are any heavy weapons or explosives stores or stockpiles. What kind of vehicles are here?

You get up but Vikkan has already driven the bore over to the outskirts.

You look around. You see no military, no walls or guns or defenses, and the major way into the city actually enters through the ceiling of the cavern, right in the center of the city.  Also this is an Ethral city and the Ethral are FREAKING PANSIES!

"Not Good."

During the vision managed to use my flammenvision to not just look at things in detail, but also to look through stone and such to things that lied beyond. Try to do that again, but look in the direction of the sound to try and see what is coming towards us.

[11]
You look out in the direction of the noise and focus. The fire moves and covers your vision once again and you see the wall of the room your in. And then its almost like your vision is drifting forward, or that you're zooming in. The wall becomes cloudy and then transparent, then the walls beyond it, then the buildings in the way, then the cavern wall. You look out and out and out until you see it. What it is you can't tell; its like a blind spot in your vision, not like a blur or a hole, but no matter how hard you try to see it, you can't process it. You stop trying and look around it. Behind it is a tunnel, a new pathway, flowing with molten stone. Whatever the non-thing is, its burning through the stone like its paper, moving towards the path of the cord. You can see people in the pathway, other bores and crawlers and people on foot. Not a lot of them, but some.

"Hmm. It looks like a quick dash to the door will get us there safely, assuming we time it right, and assuming those dead remain still and silent. Even so, we should go in pairs or groups of three, rather than all in one go. Nyw, I believe that you and Iron Teeth should come last, ready to charge should the bird or other hostiles attack while any of us are crossing. Once we get a couple of riflemen on the other side to cover you, you should cross together as well.

Auft and Drett, followed by Myself and Alex, followed by Clate and Schitter, and then you two. Though, I am willing to take lead instead, to keep our doctor protected. What do you guys think?"

Signal the guys who stayed behind to make their way up to this point. Watch the bird to see what pattern it looks around with and determine the best timing to run across the flat place.

You signal the others to come up before looking at the situation.
[5]
There's definitely no pattern. Guess its just up to luck.

"Hey Drett, could you take a look at my arm in a bit? Auft already bandaged the wound, but I think you should take a good look at it, and give me something to deal with the pain."

Move up to AsHul.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
I suppose we are too far into this relic vision to turn back now. Let's go.

Well. No sense in tarrying. I'll have to move up anyway and I might as well do it with everyone having my back.

GO GO GO NO STOP MAKE IT SAFE

Character Sheet
You both move up and join Ashul.

Stay behind until everyone else is across, ready to charge out into the open if the bird spots someone.  Wield the hatchet.  Cross if everyone else makes it without issue.

You wait quietly, ready to act if needed.

"I'm feeling lucky"

Wait for a bit to see if there's a pattern to the bird I could figure out. Regardless, try to time my moment right to dash over to the doors of the first building.

[15]
You watch the pattern. Or lack there of. Its a bird and it acts bird like. Erratic. However you do think of something. If it looks like its going to look, hiding with the corpses might work.

Auft trilled thoughtfully. "No objections."

If Drett is down, dash across with him first. Otherwise dash across with my goon.
NICE SHEET
[18][ Various other rolls]
Nice rolls
Auft gets up  and starts running as fast as her little legs can carry her, her goon running beside her. They make it maybe 30 feet.  There's little difference in time between when the twin spotlights lock onto her and when the massive taloned foot pins them to the ground. The bird must have just leapt straight from its perch down in some sort if inazuma kick. When it lands, its wings aren't even open; if it weren't for the earth shattering sound, the burst of wind and the terrifying presence of a bird the size of a building looming over everything, the abruptness of it would be comical.  Auft and her goon are both the bird's foot, its talons buried straight into the solid stone. Auft is mostly between two toes, pinned but not smashed. Her goon wasn't as lucky and is clearly at least partially pulped, though still alive.  The Bird's eyes are still locked on both of them and it is regarding them with that avian  stop-start movement, intentions unreadable.

Everyone else Hunkers down but Nyw  doesn't hesitate. He hurls himself up onto the open ground and charges the bird with the ax, making as much noise as possible. The bird's attention snaps up to him and it shifts its weight to raise its free foot into the air and attempt to stomp down on him as well.  [12] Nyw shifts into a crouching slide and brings his ax up to meet the stomp. It works, to some degree. The ax bites into the stony flesh of the foot and he gets out of under the descending claws, but the impact of the foot hitting the ground sends him tumbling and the ax stays behind, pinned under and in the foot.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1389 on: December 02, 2018, 01:34:56 am »

Ah. That other stuff sounds like it'll work itself out. Hopefully. At least there's probably nothing I can do about it, so why worry?
Point is, I'm home! Feels good to be both alive and where I belong, right? Better go let everyone know I'm alright.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 02, 2018, 07:42:47 am »

[11]
You look out in the direction of the noise and focus. The fire moves and covers your vision once again and you see the wall of the room your in. And then its almost like your vision is drifting forward, or that you're zooming in. The wall becomes cloudy and then transparent, then the walls beyond it, then the buildings in the way, then the cavern wall. You look out and out and out until you see it. What it is you can't tell; its like a blind spot in your vision, not like a blur or a hole, but no matter how hard you try to see it, you can't process it. You stop trying and look around it. Behind it is a tunnel, a new pathway, flowing with molten stone. Whatever the non-thing is, its burning through the stone like its paper, moving towards the path of the cord. You can see people in the pathway, other bores and crawlers and people on foot. Not a lot of them, but some.

After his normal human vision returning to him and taking a moment to reorient himself, Adam grabs his radio and starts talking quickly over the general frequency the bore uses.
"Friends, I have some good and some bad news. The good news is, a Messenger of the lord is building a brand new tunnel for us to use in the future! The bad news is that this endeavor will take him past the Path of the Cord, and all of that molten rock that is trailing in its wake is probably gonna come flowing downhill somewhat fierce. I'll be trying to warn the people still on the path, could one of you warn the people of this city? Perhaps they know how to deal with something like this. If not... well, then we'll have to work quickly if we don't want this day to end with a lot of dead Ethral."

Get on the radio to the bores and crawlers and other fools standing around on the path and tell them to get away from there, preferably going uphill instead of down. If they won't believe me mention I just absorbed a bloody word of god so yes I know what I'm talking about NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE YOU IDIOTS AND TAKE THE PEDESTRIANS WITH YOU.

After that, try to infer how long it will take for the messenger to reach the cord path, and then how long it would take for the flow of magma to reach Knot. Also, does it look like the messenger is coming to Knot itself?

Should I manage to work out a rough timetable, would it be doable to dig out a tunnel between the cord path to the caverns/underground river below it to direct the magmaflow away?

If not, could redirecting the magma flow into the existing magma reservoir below the city work? Or would that just get flooded and still spill magma everywhere?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:51:08 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 02, 2018, 11:49:48 am »

Use the radio to tell the Ethral of Knot to evacuate the city emmediatly. Tell the about the messenger and the magma and everything else. Suggest that they evacuate to the Salt Path and the Path of Bells.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1392 on: December 02, 2018, 12:28:56 pm »

: The Ethral say messengers stay on their path, even after a word is absorbed! Focus on the magma, ignore the messenger! Try to warn the Ethral near Path of the Cord first, tell them to warn anyone they can to stay away from it! Shoot in the air a few times if you have to! : Kara shouted on her Radio before turning to frantically address the Ethral.

((Sorry if it's a bit too much but I don't know how long the turn will last.))

Explain the situation to the Ethral and give them the exact coordinates of the intersection point (I assume it's the same place we found the Word of God). Make it very clear that at the very least they need to evacuate the area near the Path of the Cord and have firefighters on standby. I promise they can admire Adam all they want once this is over, but right now saving them takes priority.

Ask them to inform the proper authorities and direct me to those authorities or at least give me a damn radio frequency I can contact them at. And bring me a damn map of the town and the surrounding area so I can direct the Bore!

Coordinate with the Nomad's crew (and any other bore or crawler that hears Harm's transmission and is willing to help) and the library Ethral/local authorities (dunno about Ethral government, are those two the same thing?). Use radio to pass on the team's questions and requests to the Ethral ((mainly the things Radio is asking about)).

Also ask the Ethral once more, now that they hopefully understand the situation, to tell me if the bore can help evacuate anything. Maybe there's a hospital or a nursery or an archive or some other thing with valuable and hard to move things near the Path of the Cord.

Use the radio to tell the Ethral of Knot to evacuate the city emmediatly. Tell the about the messenger and the magma and everything else. Suggest that they evacuate to the Salt Path and the Path of Bells.
Note that we also have the speakers from the intercom system so we can also use the bore to address nearby Ethral.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 08:25:23 am by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1393 on: December 02, 2018, 02:17:09 pm »

Wield the moon blade with one hand and shift my grip nearer towards the blade so that I can comfortably swing it with one hand.

Stay where I am and swing the moon blade towards the bird, try to use its magic by thinking really hard about how I want to kill my target.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 02, 2018, 03:49:48 pm »

Well, that didn't work out. Shoot the bird thing! Aim for the eyes if possible.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:05:46 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 231