Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404366 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #465 on: July 30, 2018, 01:36:04 pm »

”Well, I guess I’ll do it myself”
First, try to cut some chunks of crystal out of the wall/floor to use as junk.
Then, go and carefully carve a peak hole to see if I see the snake in the entombed barrel.
- edit - allow others to use knife

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 03:51:46 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #466 on: July 30, 2018, 02:02:43 pm »

"Hey," Clate says to nobody in particular, as he gingerly stows away the slate box. "do you guys know about Rainbow Pins? I seem to recall they're artifacts the gem people used to, well, transform into gem people. And I think I may just have found one. Supposedly explorers sometimes get into contact with one and turn into a gemperson by accident, but the process destroys the Pin."

Can I get a knowledge check on the chrome foil, what it might have been used for exactly and how its application process works? I don't think I've tried a check on that thing before.

Regardless, faff about. Aid in helping Kara down if necessary.

Sheetless HISSSSSSSS

[2]
You think you've heard about this before. Pseudomagnetic mortar. They use it to semi-permanently connect objects or permanently connect them. Apparently it attracts most stone and metal and if used on two objects, those two objects can be effectively connected permanently since the connection force is so great.

Hotfire90

« Reply #467 on: July 30, 2018, 02:11:01 pm »

Alex lets out sigh as he looks at his headless handle.

Collect the shovelhead and go back to the group.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 30, 2018, 02:48:26 pm »

"Harm, could I borrow your knife? I want to carve out some crystal material and make a proper weapon for the honored dead."

Request usage of the crystal-carving knife. If successful, carve out a flat pane, then cut that pane down to the size and shape of a large curved sword.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 30, 2018, 03:44:06 pm »

Open the barrel.  Nyw's a giant undead man in plate armor, what's the snake gonna do?  Rip his arm off?

Grab the snake and pull it out.  Snap it in half if it's hard to control, or somehow dangerous to Nyw; otherwise, hold it up and inspect it.  Maybe one of the moths might take an interest in it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #470 on: July 30, 2018, 04:13:44 pm »

"Whew! Yes!" Kara celebrated, her raised claws forming a fist.
The combination of adrenaline high and relief from fear and stress was a wonderful combination.
She lowered her arms and addressed the people who had gathered to help her.
"Sorry for worrying you guys." she apologized.
"It was a difficult jump and I wasn't sure I was going to make it without falling. And, well, Corven like getting high but they don't like falling." she explained, a bit embarrassed by how scared she'd been a moment ago.
"Thank you so much for your help and your offers of help!" she continued, cheer and enthusiasm returning to her voice, her tail bobbing vigorously.
"You make me very happy!" she added and attempted to give the gathered group a brief group hug.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:46:45 pm by Parisbre56 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 30, 2018, 06:24:55 pm »

ah- hm, Drett manages before awkwardly returning the group hug with his four arms.

Yes, a job well done. Not only have we obtained the artifact, but we have also gathered some valuable data on the peoples who used to live here. He adjusts his mask and brushes his cloak down before hiding all of his limbs beneath it in an obvious sign of fluster.

Now, ah, is there anymore to be done here, or shall we return with our ill-gotten gains? My collar is starting to itch.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 30, 2018, 10:37:14 pm »

"Good job, Kara. I'm not in the best shape for hugging, though." Vikkan said, trying to inject some humor into the truth.

"I'm ready to leave. Everyone else?" he added, calling and waving to the assembled people with his left hand.
Leave when it's time to leave.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 30, 2018, 11:20:54 pm »

"Um... Do you really want to go to the ruins? You took out the guards, so we could try to escape. Maybe we can walk back to Mason... Although, I don't like the idea of leaving those evil men here and letting them loot the place."

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #474 on: July 31, 2018, 12:59:15 am »

"Yeah, I'd like to get this over with as well, but I think there are some things still left unresolved."

"So, do those tablets say anything about what this thing is?" Kara asked, indicating the artifact.
"I mean, it can't be just a fancy lamp, who would go into all that trouble for that?" she half-joked.

"Also, are we going to just give it to them and hope for the best or does anybody have a different plan? Just so that we're all on the same page here, I wouldn't like getting caught in the crossfire if you have something planned."

Do the tablets say anything related to the Artifact, the central tower or the purpose of this Outpost? (If it's too much for one turn just pick one. If someone more qualified wants to translate let them do it instead.)

Do I know why we didn't encounter any Crystal People corpses? Do I have any idea about where we would find them?

Out of curiosity, does the Artifact emit any light? Does its light appear strangely when viewed through my shirt or reflected off the walls? I'm thinking that since the fire in it appears further away than it is, then perhaps there is some message encoded in the way it emits light or some hints to its nature.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:19:49 am by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2018, 07:39:29 am »

"Aspirant. If we walk to Mason, your collar will explode. I can go anywhere, it is true. They won't even know i am gone. I have no objection to this, having satisfied my own Righteous Anger. But, I feel that it would be the proper course to attempt to assist our fellow captives in reclaiming their freedom on their own terms as well. Yes, in the search for God, the answers lie within ourselves, but that does not mean that our path is not affected by those we encounter on the way.

Now, would you be so kind as to dive to Extend this bridge across to the ruins? I believe you have a stronger affinity for Balaram than I, though I confess that your will may be somewhat softer. Still, we are in a safe place now, and this is a simple task. You should have little difficulty. Simply descend through Balaram and Sige to alter what I have made here. I will hold out my Fragment. You may touch it for the sake of the dive.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:51:57 pm by Ozarck »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2018, 10:58:52 am »

Garos stepped backwards a bit just to keep distance during the group hug, but he was glad that things turned out well.
"Guess that's that then. As for our next course of action...Unless we have a way to handle these collars I doubt we have many options."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2018, 11:19:35 am »

"Yeah, I think I'm good to go about now as well. We could explore some more of the ruins but that means risking encountering more shenanigans as well, so maybe we should quit while we're ahead here. One thing remains to be decided before we leave however.

Do we hand over this artifact to those scoundrels and trust them that they'll release us unmolested, or do we try to overpower our captors and abscond with the relic and/or the bore?"

"Also, are we going to just give it to them and hope for the best or does anybody have a different plan? Just so that we're all on the same page here, I wouldn't like getting caught in the crossfire if you have something planned."

"If we do try to assault our captors, we'll need to make sure everyone is in on the plan and willing to commit. Both because we'll need every edge we can get, and because our captors might not bother to distinguish between rebels and those of us remaining at the sidelines.

Either way, I honestly have little faith in the good word of people who would strap bomb collars on unwilling people to clandestinely steal holy artifacts."

Consider how difficult it would be to use a dive to temporarily disable/prevent radiowaves from detonating our collars (aka how many times the material and action spheres would need to be reinforced minimally). Perhaps with Tzimtzvot and Jal (aka 'shield' an area from radiowaves)?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:34:34 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 31, 2018, 11:25:55 am »

Imma wave at you guys, try to get someone's attention. Do some suggestive thrusting.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 31, 2018, 12:37:27 pm »

”I’m ready to head out as well. As far as plans, I’ll probably go along with whatever the group consensus is. Just let me know.
Also, if and when the snake is dealt with, it might be best to let Clate have it, considering the fact that he knows a little about everything, whereas I, and most other crafty people here are mostly weapons oriented”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 231