Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155266 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #705 on: February 11, 2019, 09:59:06 pm »

Stay roughly in the middle I guess...and maybe keep watch on the sides...

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 13, 2019, 04:45:29 pm »

Let's a go. Stay near the front, or whichever position needed to fill a gap in our marching order. Keep eyes out for danger.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 14, 2019, 02:35:04 pm »

Lets get going.  This time trudge along in the lead position, assuming I've managed to establish leadership over the pack animals yet?  If not, take the rear.  And are they still bigger than I am?
They are still bigger than you. I believe you might have to go up a class size to be bigger than they. what was the last size you were this mission? As for leadership, they pack animals follow you, so I guess they recognize you as some sort of leader, anyway.

Take up the rear as we march, keep watch for anything sneaking up on us
((It's fine oz, so far this pace has been working well with my schedule))
Stay roughly in the middle I guess...and maybe keep watch on the sides...
Let's a go. Stay near the front, or whichever position needed to fill a gap in our marching order. Keep eyes out for danger.

Alright, so Clunkers takes up point in front of Freddy to scout the path and check for Danger, Freddy follows close, guiding the pack animals  along the path, and the other two guard the flanks and rear. You all make good time for this first leg of the journey, with clear skies and calm air. For the first two days, nothing of interest happens, except that you get higher in the mountains. As you set camp the second evening, you plan the second leg of the journey (you have three legs to go). You can go a steep, rocky path, or a longer route around and up a ridge. The longer path will take three days, while the shorter path will take two. The risk of the longer path is weather and packs of snow furries. The risk of the rockier climb is rough terrain and encounters with larger more solitary monsters.

Also, the current weather is (2) rapidly turning windy, with clear signs of oncoming snow.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 14, 2019, 02:41:49 pm »

((About the size of a smallish rhino, in the 1100-1200 kg range.  Still very much in Large, which I think runs all the way up to elephant-sized.  Mostly it's Freddie wondering if he'll have to spend that Boon on it.

At the start of the game he was about 12 feet long, tail included, and the mass of a small horse, but longer and scrawnier.  Since then he's slightly more than doubled in mass, and is maybe 16 feet long, also tail included.  At that point he got almost killed.  The tail makes up slightly more than half the body length, so the 'body' proper is around seven feet long at this point.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:50:27 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 14, 2019, 03:37:19 pm »

Voting time I guess. I, personally, feel we can handle some frozen mothballs better than something we know even less about. What do you guys think?
Start the vote with the team

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 14, 2019, 04:11:18 pm »

"I say the smaller path, with how the weather is going I doubt we can afford to risk that over wat ever beasts may inhabit this area."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 14, 2019, 05:02:16 pm »

"It is only a single day more to take the longer path. This one feels the 33% decrease in travelling time is not worth taking the chance of the bad weather hitting us while we are on the smaller, rougher path."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 14, 2019, 05:03:55 pm »

"Alright, but when we get trapped in a snow storm, I get to shout 'I told you so'. Deal?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 14, 2019, 05:25:22 pm »

Freddie expresses no opinion.  The shorter path means more cool looking cliffs.  The longer path means more chances of encountering tasty ice wolves.  Also, still can't talk.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 16, 2019, 12:06:56 am »

I don't vote because I don't see why I'd have a vote.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 16, 2019, 01:57:53 am »

Guess we are going the longer route then
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 25, 2019, 12:43:44 am »

Longer route it is then.

Alright I'll roll for weather and for encounter.

Weather: (1) The temperature drops significantly, the wind picks up, and visibility drops to dozens of feet. Travel in this is going to be extremely risky.
Encounter: you get advantage on the encounter roll, on account of the fact that nothing that lives up here likes to move around much in this kind of weather.
That means I'll roll twice and take the higher roll:(3)(4) You encounter a herd of yaktaurs, seeking shelter from the storm in the same little valley you find yourself in at the start of the blow.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 25, 2019, 12:46:22 am »

Hot soup!

And are these Yaktaurs friendly?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 25, 2019, 03:17:50 am »

yeah, nope! Ima nope right out of this. Im staying in wespon form unless ordered out of it!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 25, 2019, 07:28:47 am »

Stand back and look for something with a bit of cover to huddle under to keep the wind off
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 85