Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155309 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #690 on: January 24, 2019, 04:12:55 pm »

Converse with the greybeard leader, try and get things ready for everyone to head over to the beta site.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 27, 2019, 08:09:45 pm »

Head over and retrieve Gwyn. Seems like it shouldn't be a problem now...
This is not fun.
return to full weapon form to pout and hide from the cold.
Kongor picks up weapon form Gwen and shuffles back to the main site to wait for the next thing.

Just back away fr the cliff and check to see how bad the path forwards is going to be
The path forward is up the slope. The snowslide has changed the layout a bit and removed a lot of the supports and stuff for climbing, so it's going to be a tough climb. The path was broad enough and level enough for the Yakthings to walk up it - roughly a 45 degree slope. The yaks will probably have to be guided around obstacles and unstable footing now. You look thoughtfully at he clumsy iron giant, and detect another probable cause for alarm.

Fly around, enjoying my momentary freedom again.  Look for buried supplies and stuff at the bottom of the cliff.  Anything that looks important?  Secondly, are there any shinies?
(4) You notice some large piece of machinery half buried in the rubble. It looks to have taken less damage than one would expect. Might be important.

Converse with the greybeard leader, try and get things ready for everyone to head over to the beta site.
(5) the base team are surprisingly organized, all things considered, and pack up pretty swiftly. the trail to the beta site is basically across the valley and around the side of the mountain, down a ways, then back up. all told, it's probably about ten kilometers, and the roughest patch will be right here at the start due to the avalanche. You'll be able to leave as soon as all the players are ready, should you guys want to take that route. Bruford is going to require a cople rolls to get there safely though. but he was goingt requiire rolls anyway, regardless of which path you took.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 27, 2019, 08:23:54 pm »

Is it too big to carry up myself?  If so, point it out to the recovery team  If I can carry it, pick it up and deliver it back.

I'd be ready to start, but I'd like to also see if I can get some of those extra furs wrapped around myself first.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 08:59:35 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 29, 2019, 05:44:02 pm »

Ok, no more falling. Just stay with the group

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 29, 2019, 08:51:58 pm »

"Well, guys, looks like we're going to have a long and hard time getting up now...Who wants to help clear a path for old clunk?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 04, 2019, 05:38:51 pm »

Wait until everyone's ready, then join the base team on the trail to the beta site

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 05, 2019, 07:31:09 pm »

Is it too big to carry up myself?  If so, point it out to the recovery team  If I can carry it, pick it up and deliver it back.

I'd be ready to start, but I'd like to also see if I can get some of those extra furs wrapped around myself first.

It's too big to haul up yourself (4) but you draw enough attention to it for the recovery team to take note and start lowering ropes.

Ok, no more falling. Just stay with the group
Wait until everyone's ready, then join the base team on the trail to the beta site

Looks like the group is headed to Beta site. any plans for Bruford? We just gonna leave him behind?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 05, 2019, 07:36:17 pm »

Drag bruford with us, I guess.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 05, 2019, 10:50:48 pm »

Freddie looks at the mountain of iron that is Bruford.  His opinions as to transporting Bruford remain unknown, as he's still obviously elated from getting to fly again.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 06, 2019, 11:40:50 am »

I guess if Vlad dares to try and drag Bruford himself then I might as well try to help...if he needs it of course

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 06, 2019, 12:16:59 pm »

I have no interest in this matter. I'm just gonna hide from the cold until something interests me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 07, 2019, 05:44:25 pm »

Try and use clockwork magic to slightly manipulate either the gravity working on bruford, or the traction of his feet to help him get up the mountain. If neither of those work, just shrug and follow the group.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 10, 2019, 07:31:20 am »

I might be able to start picking up the pace on doing these turns again. I'm sorry for letting the mission drag like this you guys.

Drag bruford with us, I guess.
Freddie looks at the mountain of iron that is Bruford.  His opinions as to transporting Bruford remain unknown, as he's still obviously elated from getting to fly again.
I guess if Vlad dares to try and drag Bruford himself then I might as well try to help...if he needs it of course
I have no interest in this matter. I'm just gonna hide from the cold until something interests me.
Try and use clockwork magic to slightly manipulate either the gravity working on bruford, or the traction of his feet to help him get up the mountain. If neither of those work, just shrug and follow the group.

Alright, Though RGU hasn't posted in a while, I'm gonna assume he will possibly want back in, so we'll try to get him along with the group. First, Clunkers' attempt to lighten the load, as it were: (1) Clunkers stops casting pretty quickly, on account of the weird way the mountainside starts groaning when he tries to alter Bruford's gravity. Now, Bruford is huge, so even the four or five of you pulling together is not gonna be enough to drag him to the beta site, so we'll leave hm there for now. the base workers suggest that they can come bak later and attempt to rig up a harness so the yakthings can pull him along.

Meanwhile, you all trudge along to the beta site, which, as you look at it, seems like a far better place for a base camp than the Alpha site was. it's wider, in a nice dell instead of a ragged valley, and the slopes around are gentler. Before yu ask about this, the camp lead volunteers the info on why the other site was preferred: "it's not the site, it's the route. Gets more rugged up this path, y'see. Once outta the dell and up the slope, you start hitting rockier terrain, n' some unsteady footing. Not that any footing up here is great, mind. But the other path is more consistent.

It takes a couple days for everything to get set up at the base camp. Your supplies are labeled and double-checked, a snowstorm deposits about four inches of powder on top of everything, and the sky turns a brilliant clear blue. "Looks like it's about time for you lot to get headed up. We should have the supply chain established before you get back from the build site."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 10, 2019, 12:36:52 pm »

Lets get going.  This time trudge along in the lead position, assuming I've managed to establish leadership over the pack animals yet?  If not, take the rear.  And are they still bigger than I am?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:54:44 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 10, 2019, 05:28:45 pm »

Take up the rear as we march, keep watch for anything sneaking up on us
((It's fine oz, so far this pace has been working well with my schedule))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 85